Spring Oaks - Brooksville, FL

THE PEOPLE AT SPRING OAKS CARE!

My Mom moved to spring Oaks about 6 months ago.
She is doing amazing. She was in a private home care and was not doing well. She could no longer stand or walk and was confused.
I wish I could attach a before and after photo.. It really is remarkable how well she is doing. She can walk now and enjoys all the activities at Spring Oaks. The people there are awesome. Very special people that have loved my mom back to health and happiness.

THE PEOPLE AT SPRING OAKS CARE!

My Mother arrived at Spring Oaks 6 short months ago. Before arriving, she lived a private home assisted living. My mother couldn’t stand and needed lots of help with everyday tasks. She had been diagnoses with the onset of dementia and was told she would probably not get better.
The staff at Spring Oaks are wonderful! And the change in my Mom in 6 short months is a miracle!
She can walk, she can now dress and feed herself. I wish I could show you a before and after picture, so you can see the return of my Mom. She loves it at Spring Oaks. She has lots friends and keeps busy doing activities. Her mental condition has remarkably improved. I credit a lot of this miracle to the staff and people at Spring Oaks. The people that work there care. They are friendly and have treated my mom with love and respect. They pushed my Mom to engage in the actives. They cared for her like she was family.
My mom calls Spring Oaks "HOME".
When I took my mom there I trusted the staff there to take care of Mom, but they did way more than that they treated like family. Priceless!

We walked in and patients were all in the lobby at 10:15 waiting for lunch. There seemed to be no life in any of them, they all seemed to be medicated. We declined the tour and left.

Becky Drehobl

Hello, we are disappointed to hear that your impression of our community was not satisfactory. Our top priority is creating a wonderful environment for our residents. When you arrived, you saw our residents beginning to line up for our daily activity at 10:30 a.m. Many choose to arrive early and patiently wait for it to start. We enjoy enriching lives and creating a great life for all, and we'd be happy to show you the rest of our community.

[Name removed] was great, very knowledgeable. The place was clean, bright and staff was nice. Worth looking into

Did Not Like

This community was awful I really did not like it here at all. I found the community to be dirty and it smelled. The rooms we looked at were very small compared to other communities we toured. It just gave off the feeling of an insinuation.

Robyn Studley

I am sorry to hear about your experience with our community. We try to create a welcoming and warm environment. We want all of our residents to feel at home no matter where they are in the community. We discussed the cleanliness with our team and we will try to rectify this situation.

My Wife and Mother noticed the smell. Floor was sticky too.

Wonderful care, building needs updates.

The care and attention she is receiving has really improved her health. It's truly been a blessing. One thing they can improve which is cosmetic, is the flooring. Carpet tends to harbor bacteria and odors. I think a harder surface flooring would be a better option in an environment like this.

Mother's Care

I was not happy with this community. I was not able to speak with the staff when I would visit. They never staff available. They did not return calls when messages My mom was happy with the food. They did have some activities. I was not able to see a review of this community online. I would suggest families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

So Far Everything Is Well

My sister in law is doing okay here at this community. It has been pretty good experience for us here. We know she is safe and being care for well. They are treating her very well, they have a good staff here. The community looks great, they do a good job keeping everything nice and clean. It is a bit expensive, but so far everything has worked out well for us here.

Older facility and not as clean as it should have been. Adequate staff seemed caring, but surroundings seemed to need some updating and some cleaning.

Spring Oaks gets our recommendation!!

My husband's therapist and primary care doctor both gave Spring Oaks a good review. The staff are very good and we have great communication. They encourage him to participate in activities. The food tastes good and they offer a variety of choices including fresh fruits and vegetables.

Not Responsible Community

This is not a good community for getting proper care. I have had many issue with the place on keeping my mom clean all the time. Things were always missing. They were always understaffed and the weekends are more bad, 1 staff for 30 residents. I had to re-buy basic toiletries. When I removed my mom all shoes were missing. The staff are not responsible at all.

The memory care unit did an ok job!!

My dad was only at Spring Oaks for a short time before having to go into the hospital. The staff there are friendly and kept the family updated on his care. He did have a few falls and they let us know right away. The only complaint I have is that they did not check his clothing before sending them to the laundry and he lost a set of hearing aides. The community itself is clean and the food is good. He was happy for the short time he was there.

need more staff

They need more staff to monitor patients.

They're Doing Their Best

As far as I can tell, all of the staff members over at the Spring Oaks are doing the best that they can. I really do not have enough experience with this sort of thing, so I have nothing to compare it with.

Toured

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. This seemed like a nice enough place in terms of the care provided and the friendliness of the staff, but I just didn't think it looked as nice as some other options that I had seen in the area.

The director is very knowledgeable and guided us very well through the process. I can think of no one better to have taken us through the process than he did.

new but optimistic

It is clean, bright, light, friendly, smaller, happy, affordable. It has good food in a good setting. The residents love it there. Has an enclosed outside area and a covered entrance driveway that residents also used for outside sitting. An enclosed patio as a garden club, a craft room and library and community area; two of which had televisions. The other residents welcome new residents with open arms. Calendar schedule of events. Laundry and transportation is included in monthly charge. Podiatrist comes monthly; I think. Every Monday the hair salon is open at reasonable charges.
We visited their Memory Care unit and that was a big deciding factor for us because she will be needing the memory care in the future for she has alzheimers. It was wonderful because it was set up just like the assisted living unit with dining room, games, movies, garden, community and social time. Impressive. The residents are not kept sedated.
We just moved her in 4 days ago and she is not "a happy camper" for she is in the transition period. She has a private room, but we can't decorate it yet because she doesn't know she's staying long term.
The food is good but it is the same choices for everyone and they did say she would have a diet for diebetics but I don't think that's going to happen.
Though I signed a stack of papers equivalent to buying a house, I do not yet have a copy of the contract.
We are very optimistic about Spring Oaks. Praying for her transition, but she is leaving a home and husband and I believe that makes it harder than if she was widowed or in an apartment.

A wonderful place!

I can't say enough good about the staff at Spring Oaks. My cousin is 101 years old and has lived there for the past year and a half. She loves everyone there and I feel confident that she is in good hands. The staff truly cares about the elderly and have great respect for the residents. I am there visiting 3 or 4 times a week and everyone is always pleasant and helpful.

They have been doing a good job.

They have been doing a good job. They kept it clean and the staff was friendly. I think they are a good value. They did a good job with activities, she liked to participate. She always seemed to like the food, she never had any complaints. The only thing I would say is that I am not sure that they have a lot of diabetic options, or that they monitor diabetics and their meals very closely.

Not enough staff

She was on the memory unit – with their ratio between residents to care givers – my mother was forgotten. They didn’t manage hydration which lead to serious health care concerns. There just are not enough staff to take proper care of the residents

A caring atmosphere, an active community and a comfortable, secure lifestyle. You’ll find it all at Spring Oaks. Located close to shopping and local attractions – and less than two hours from Orlando – we provide carefree living and an exciting lifestyle in an environment that allows for relaxation or exploration. Our goal at Spring Oaks is to provide quality care while supplying bountiful opportunities to live life your way, whether that means walking your dog around our park-like campus, relaxing in the library with a good book, taking advantage of our life-enriching programs, getting competitive with friends in the game room or exploring the local area, each day is a chance to live a life that makes you say WOW!