Connerton Court - Land O' Lakes, FL

Comfortable Staff!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my loved one since he has made the move into this community. The staff are very friendly and have made sure to accommodate his needs to the best of there ability. He has had no issues with the meals and enjoys the different activities they have available throughout the day. Overall we are pleased and would recommend them to anyone.

Satisfied with Moms Move Here

So far I'am comfortable with my mothers move to this community. Everything is working well, and I'am satisfied. She is doing well, and they are taking good care of her. The staff is kind, and welcoming when I come to visit. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. The only issue we had been with her laundry services getting did. They have since seemed to have corrected that issues. The meals are nice. They have activities available for the residents. Everything has worked out well for us at this community, and I would recommend it.

Rude staff

Connerton court is the worse place to put your parent or loved one there is no nurse on duty 24 hours and the staff there are rude to the residents and yell at them....the supervisors [Removed] at their job and don't care about the residents like they say they do...I would never put one of my loved ones there

Unaware Of My Appointment

I was disappointed that I made an appointment and they did not expect me. They accommodated me and took me around, something was not communicated. I made arrangements to have an assessment for my aunt when she was in rehab. They did not get back with me in a timely manner. I had to find out thru someone else she was not accepted. The facility was fine but it was not a good experience.

Concerns on Care

We did not like this community. The staff did not return repeated calls before the imminent move-in, which we took to be a sign of either disorganization or lack of adequate staff, and ultimate lack of customer care. While the community was clean, and offered the usual activities, the care was impersonal without demonstration of rapport and compassion. We could not recommend the Angel Senior Living community at Connerton Court in Land O’Lakes, Florida

Giving Thanks for Senior Living @ Connerton

My husband was placed at the Angels Senior Living at Connerton at the end of May of this year. He has alzheimer's Disease. I was impressed by the neatness, cleaniness and modern it was on the inside. We were greeted by several people, explained things to us, had a great meeting with the Director, who was very much up front and we could understand every aspect of the facility. Was taken to the Alzheimers section where my husband would be staying, very clean, organized and the room my husband is staying in is very nice. It is a semi however at this time he is alone which is wonderful because it is giving him a chance to do the transition to his new home. It did however take a couple of weeks before he settled into the new home but with the help of the nurses and others he is doing much better. Have had a few meals with him and they are very good and a good serving too. So grateful I found this place with the help of Mariam [Removed] from A Place for Moms. She was an absolutely angel in getting me thru all this stressful time. Would recommend her to anyone that is looking for a place for parents or spouses . She becomes a friend to you which you will need at a time like this, there has been a tremendous amount of stress over the past couple of years. Thank you all for being such kind, understanding, sweet and helpful people to someone that was so lost when this happened.

Our Family Was Very Impressed

I'am very impressed with this community and everything they have done for us. This is a very clean community, they keep everything looking very nice and neat. The staff is wonderful, they are caring for my husband very well. Even my family is impressed with this community. They offer great activities. The food is great, they have a very good selection of food. He is diabetic and they are very accommodating with that. Everything is working out very well and I would recommend it.

Review of Connerton Court - Land O' Lakes, FL

there was no one to greet me at the reception desk. Staff did not smile or ask if they could help us. Katie [Removed] was wonderful and showed us the facility when she got there. The clients were wandering around unescorted out of the building and the one lady we were talking to in the lobby was delusional. Memory Care unit smelled of urine and there was not adequate staff for the patient load if you ask me. I did not like the staff interaction and there was no smiles or hugs. Medications were handed out willy nilly as the patients came out of rooms odd. Would possibly consider the new facility being built at Idlewild but it will not be open until July.

10 STARS!!!!

I would give them 10 STARS if I could! Connerton goes ABOVE & BEYOND for the residents and the families. EVERY staff member is so friendly and helpful.
Connerton takes better care of my parents than I would ever be able to.
The Director of Nursing, Pedro, is so easy to work with!
My parents are both 85. Mom had been diagnosed with Vascular Dementia. Connerton has a Memory Care wing and they are able to stay together (after 67 years of marriage, I would not have it any other way)
Connerton was an answer to prayer!

It's nice, but there have been a few issues.

There have been some communication problems, you have to go to so many people to get an answer. She is participating in activities. She is adjusting very well. The caregivers are very nice and kind. They were very helpful when we were getting set up, though it did kind of seem that once we were in, we were sort of on our own. They do have people that wander in and out of other people's rooms, which is disconcerting.

place very new & not establ...

place very new & not established long enough for me to determine their skill level

Definately a five!

The cleanliness is definitely a five. They’re working on getting more activities, but the really do have a good selection right now as well. My loved one is in the memory care. The staff is friendly. It’s a good community.

Currently too expensive but...

Currently too expensive but hoping to look into their new facility in New Tampa this summer

Toured the new facility on ...

Toured the new facility on Bruce B. Downs and 42nd--Absolutely gorgeous! Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. As expected, currently over my budget.

Looked nice, but felt very sterile

I toured this community while I was looking into options for a loved one. It was a nice enough looking community, it was very clean and the staff all seemed friendly. This place just had more of a hospital atmosphere, it was very sterile and impersonal. I was interested in somewhere with more of a homey feel, and a more personal touch.

dementia unit

Connerton was very pretty and the staff was wonderful. However, there were issues. The rooms in the dementia unit were not kept clean. The bathroom always smelled of urine. There was no access to a locked outside garden for residents to get some air. Visitors did not have a code to leave the unit. I ended up taking my husband out.

This place just excels.

For the value of the money the place he was before was 3000 dollars more and it wasn't as clean or as nice, this place is just incredible. If he has to be away from home this is the best place it's like a resort. I've eaten there several times, it's very good they have well balanced meals they consider the fiber the protein the carbohydrates, the dieticians there are really really good. It's like a resort. Somethings have gone missing but I don't think that is about Connerton I think that happens everywhere. It's only a year old and when they designed this building it doesn't have that nursing home feeling it's laid out beautifully. You would think you're checking into a hotel. I never expected it to be that nice. Once you see Connerton the other ones are all fours. This place just excels.

Nice Facility

Originally they took him but when they went to visit him, they changed his mind. They said that it was because of his rash, but my uncle is very difficult to handle. The facility is very nice. They were good to deal with.

New Building

Looked pretty good, but we felt that Horizon Bay would better suit her needs. It was a new building, and the facility looked nice. It was very close to the grocery store.

Met with Aaaron. Very impre...

Met with Aaaron. Very impressed with him and facility. However, after sleeping and praying on it, I don't think R needs a refrigerator, etc. Five years ago he may have needed that, but now he needs more attention...