Exton Senior Living - Exton, PA

Recommended by a friend

This was was a nice community and the staff doing the tour did a very good job, they took their time showing me around and the answered my questions. There were a lot of amenities offered for the residents and the rooms seemed a little small and I was concerned about the barren hallways and the fact that my mother might become confused in trying to find her room. I did not feel that this community was going to be the best fit for my mother.

Do NOT put your loved ones here!!

Do NOT put your loved ones here!! My sister and I found ourselves in a legal situation with a hateful stepsister who placed our father in the Exton Senior Living facility.
The staff was so uncooperative it was unbelievable. They had no respect for the fact that we were his only two children (who were in no way estranged from our father). We had to get our 91 year old father to insist they put us on his Emergency Contact List. And even after he did that, they never contacted us when he was put into the hospital. He died the next day and we had no time to get there. We could barely get them to bring him a phone so that we could talk with him. Both my sister and I live states away. It was a horrible and depressing experience to say the least! Do NOT put your loved ones here!!!

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and I am very interested in your comments. I would like to offer my sincere condolences on the passing of your father. As a senior living community, we are duty-bound to adhere to HIPAA guidelines and to communicate with the designated power of attorney. We did try to make accommodations and be a support for phone contact with your father. However, in these situations our commitment is to abide by the wishes of our residents. Please call me so we can have a conversation. Thank you for your consideration.

A nice community!!

The staff are nice, however I feel they are a little short staffed. The food is ok. The community is clean and well taken care of. They have minimal activities available. This community has the amenities my dad needs at this time so it is working well for us.

Not for us!

I was able to take a tour of this community and I just did not like it. The staff did answer my questions, but I got the feeling that they really did not care it was just something to say. I thought the community was decent, but just not the right place for my loved one.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you so much, we really appreciate your feedback. Exton Senior Living strives to deliver quality care and finest hospitality experience to our residents and guests. We would love to invite you over for another tour to showcase how beautiful and thriving our community really is, we have a dedicated staff member that will take you around and join you for lunch. Please visit our web site to schedule a tour and we hope to see you back: [removed]

An Outstanding Place

My brother has now been at Exton Senior Living for over three years. In all of that time he has never expressed any dissatisfaction with the facilities or how he is treated.

I live out of state but I have visited him at Exton Senior Living several times and I call him weekly. On these visits, I found the facility to be clean, the food to be good and the staff to be courteous and friendly.

During the telephones calls I always ask him how they are treating him and how the meals are. He always responds positively.

As my brother is suffering from Alzheimer's I know he will not get better. In fact, he will only get worse. That in itself is awful, but I am just glad that I found a place like Exton Senior Living to take care of him.

I highly recommend Exton Senior Living for anyone needing the type of services they provide.

Excellent assisted living care

This is a very nice community, but unfortunately not what my loved one is needing. His level of care is higher than what they are able to provide, but the services they do provide are very good for that level of care. All of the employees are lovely people. Although it isn't right for us, I would recommend it to anyone who might be looking for this level of assisted living care.

I toured the facility and was impress...

I toured the facility and was impressed with the staff and accomodations.

Welcome to Exton Senior Living, a premier senior living community located conveniently off of Route 100 in Exton, Pennsylvania. Convenient to West Chester, Downingtown, Paoli and Chester Springs, Exton Senior Living is in close proximity to shopping, dining and houses of worship.

Exton Senior Living is owned by Five Star Senior Living, a financially sound and growing senior housing provider that emphasizes integrity and quality of care. We have nurses on staff 24 hours a day, a wireless emergency response system, and we are proud to share the excellent results of our annual state inspection. Our residents enjoy restaurant-style dining prepared for our residents in-house by our experienced staff. A lively Healthy Generations program provides our residents with mental, physical and spiritual stimulation as well as the opportunity to nurture new relationships. Our pricing includes transportation to local medical appointments in addition to housekeeping services, a linen service and personal care assistance tailored to an individual’s needs. Other amenities include a library, private dining room for family parties, and a hair salon.

For those with a need for memory care, our Bridge to Rediscovery is Five Star’s innovative approach to memory care. An award winning food and dining program and an approach emphasizing Montessori-based principles promotes rediscovering favorite activities and encouragement.

Of course, the best way to decide if a community is the right fit for you is to come and visit. We warmly invite you to visit our community and take away one of our Signature Items today.