Spring Meadows Libertyville - Libertyville, IL

The tour was good. We feel that the population is a little too old for us and did not like the limited time for meals. Also, there wasn't any choices at meal time.

Great atmosphere and facilities with many of the activities and amenities we are looking for. We especially like the transition in place as the residents move from independent living to assisted living. [Name removed] has been wonderful in guiding us in the selection process. Next step: schedule a visit by mom and aunt in the late summer or early autumn.

The marketing director’s office had an [Removed] smell. We didn’t like the differential it’s between assisted living and independent living.

[Removed] was amazing. Really sweet and willing to help out with our needs. Very nonjudgmental and the amenities compared with cost was unbelievable. Rooms were spacious and everything looked beautiful. Will absolutely put this on top of my list.

Mom Likes it here

The care is very good. They seem to be short of staff at times. Everyone is very kind and caring. The food is fine. Mom is a little picky and not a great eater but she seems satisfied with most selections. The facilities are clean and welcoming. There are many offerings for activities even though she hasn’t wanted to participate yet.
I would definitely recommend this facility.

No place like home

My wife and I moved in this community because of my wife's condition she just needed more help than I could give. The staff is really attentive and friendly. The community stays clean. We can't really enjoy the activities yet. The outside is nice and kept up. The food is OK its just very limited choices.

Impressed With This Community

I'am very impressed with this community, and everything they have done my husband. This is a great community, and everything is working out very well. They have a good staff, there is some that he likes better then others. They even accommodate him with making sure the ones that care for him is the ones he likes. Everyone has been very kind, and are helpful when needed. They do a good job with the cleanliness, and his room has not bad lingering smells. They provide nice meals, and he is pleased with the meals. He is getting his therapy onsite at the community. I'am very satisfied with this community, and I would highly recommend it.

Everything is great!

My mom is doing great at Spring Meadows Libertyville. It is a very clean community. Everything is great, the staff, the food, no complaints. There are plenty of activities for the residents. We made a great choice for my mom.

Tour Went Well, but Memory Care was Small

I toured this community for my father, and his needs. For the most part everything went well. The community looked nice, and everything looked clean. The staff was polite, and informative. My questions were answered. Their memory care unit was small, and I wanted a facility that primary focus was memory care. However our tour went very well.

Very nice place!

We also toured the Spring Meadows Libertyville. The facility was clean and well maintained. The tour guide was knowledgeable and friendly. It was a good tour and thy answered all of my questions as well as give me good information.

A tour for mom's care

This was a nice community. The staff was nice and friendly The community was clean and the meals seems to be good from the menu we were able to see. They have activities for the residents to participate. We would recommend other families to this community for a tour for care.

Gorgeous Property!!

My parents are both at this community and so far I have no complaints and am really pleased with the care they have been receiving.The staff are really good at keeping them busy with lots of great activities throughout the week as well as events. They also provide rides to any stores and out to dinner occasionally with the other residents. The food is also tasty they seem to be getting lots of great nutrition and have little to no issues.

Positive Community

It has really been a good experience for my mother since her move to this community. I'am very comfortable with the care she is being provided with. The staff is great, they are very helpful, and kind. This is a very positive environment for my mother. Everything has worked out very well. This is a community I would highly recommend, it is a nice place.

My parents love there new community!!

My parents have been most impressed with the staff that works in the dinning room. All of the waiters have really taken the time to get to know my mom and dad and find out what they like and don't like. They also are pleased with the chef and the meals he prepares for them during the day. Another thing my dad has found interest in is playing poker with all of the other residents. They have been very content and happy in there new living environment.

Selected Spring Meadows

What struck our family was the caring staff, top to bottom, and the happy residents. We are very happy in our selection.

Happy Here

Everything is going well for my father here at this community. He is happy here at Springs Meadows, and I'am pleased with all they have done for us. This community has worked out very well for us, and I'am satisfied.

A great place!

My friend is very happy with the care that he is getting here. The staff is excellent and caring. They do have activities for those who want to participate. I would recommend this for others who want great care for the good value.

Staff need to improve on completing things on time!

My loved one is doing well since the move to Spring Meadows Libertyville. She is enjoying the variety of great meal options available. They offer a variety of activities for the residents to participate in and enjoy. Some of the staff are wonderful and helpful. I would like to see the rest of the staff be more consistent with following through with what they say they will do.

Best of the Best!!

From what i have heard from my mother in law she is doing great. The staff has been friendly and they have been communicating well with the family. My mother in law loves the meals that are provided for her by the community. At the moment she is not engaging much in activities but once she feels a little more comfortable she will be able to meet other residents and make friends.

Loved the rooms and facilities. Dining plan is highly restrictive as it is used as a wellness check and offers only one option unless arrangements are made in advance.

Spring Meadows is the right place for my mom!!

The staff at this community are very accommodating, patient and helpful. When mom first moved in they helped her hang up various items. The first night a shade fell and broke her computer so they reimbursed her for a new one. The grounds and pathway are nice. She is active in the community meetings and enjoys some of the outings and other activities available. She likes the food and they keep the community clean.

Active community

Spring Meadows is active as a person wants to be. They have a lot of activities and try to include everyone, but don't force it. It's a casual environment, they're friendly. My mother-in-law is doing pretty good there.

Friendly but disorganized

The people at Spring Meadows were very nice, but the sales person was unorganized and it was very difficult to get final pricing. We set the appointment giving them full knowledge of our needs and after 7 days of trying to get an answer they were not able to help us. We lost critical time and it added a lot of extra stress.

My wife is quite content!

My wife and I decided that she'd move into Spring Meadows to get the proper care and she loves it there! She is completely comfortable and made quite a few friends since moving in. I went to spend Valentine's day with her and the prime rib was quite good. The staff is very caring and always polite and in a great mood. My wife play bingo and bunko and learning other card games. They have been on a trip to Target which she loved and also been to eat Italian food as well. I would definitely recommend the place!

Can do a no commitment trial stay for a weekend

Lots of activities, clean, 2 meals a day. Buttercup is the 1 bedroom unit we like. Can do a no commitment trial stay for a weekend and we could come for dinner with her.

Feels like all assisted living. However the apartments are very nice.

Gratitude

A 5 1/2 year resident at Spring Meadows, my father always received excellent, professional, thoughtful care. He and our family were always treated with kindness, respect and dignity. We were comforted to know that Dad was in such capable, loving hands.

Nice place, overall

Overall our experience with Spring Meadows has been a good one. The facility is well kept and clean, and the apartments have a nice homey feel to them. My loved one is having a little trouble settling in, but the staff are friendly and are trying their best.

Mostly Positive

Mostly positive. My father had an issue with falling asleep during dinner time. They would barge in and wake him up. He did not like that at all. Other than that it has been well. My overall rating of the Spring Meadows Libertyville is 5 stars. I rated all the categories 5 stars, except for the Activities. I rated the activities 4 stars. The activities are great but they don't do a lot of traveling. My father is a Gardner and wants to go to Nursery's but they only take him to the Low's across the street.

Won't put my mom there

We were not impressed with the woman who was showing us the facilities. She was very unprofessional.

I really Liked this place

Comment: I really liked this place, it was very nice. It reminded me of a hotel, bright, clean and friendly looking. The atmosphere was lively and people seemed to be engaged with each other. There were a lot of people walking around and they seemed in good spirits. The size of the one bedrooms seemed a little small, but it may be because my mom is coming from a 4 bedroom house that is a little hard to picture her living in a one bedroom place, but it was okay. The kitchens were really small, not a lot of counter space but adequate for making small meals.

Mixed experience

My mother has been in Assisted Living unit now about 3 months and she is settling in. The apartment is nice and the food is good. There is a choice of two dining rooms which is helpful for my mom as the larger, nicer dining room is a bit intimidating for her. I have been dissatisfied with two things, one being the rather limited activities for residents to be engaged socially, and the other being the inconsistency of caregivers in assisted living. If there is one question I should have asked, it was the profile and tenure of the AL caregivers. The place is very close to my home and I spend a lot of time there. Both residents and staff are very friendly, the facility is bright and clean, I am just concerned about he quality and consistency of care, especially given what I am paying.

This would be my choice. Lovely common areas with lots of happy people chatting and having coffee. The diningroom is beautiful and the food is excellent (after being invited two times for lunch). They allow one-night stays for respite care. They have a "floating license" where people with memory issues are allowed to mingle with the assisted and independent living residents for meals and activities. There are lots of caretakers visible and happily working, escorting people from place to place. The rate is based on care needs and remains stable for a year and is raised only for the rise in inflation. I find this place to be in good repair - no bashed up woodwork from wheelchairs and walkers. The location is good for me too.

It's made a hard time in life, a little easier.

It's going good, I don't have any concerns. The place is kept clean, and the staff is very friendly. It's not a happy situation to be in, so it's hard to be enthusiastic, even about a nice place. But it's made a hard time in life, a little easier.

Nice...

nice, rooms felt like it was a home (but felt sterile) Residents felt a little older than my parents, I didn't feel like they would fit in well. They also only had a set meal, no choice..

Review of Spring Meadows Assisted Living in Libertyville, IL

I am writing this letter of appreciation, recognition and recommendation on behalf of the Deery family regarding our time spent with mother at the Spring Meadows Assisted Living (AL) Community located in Libertyville, IL.

After visiting several AL Communities located in the northwest suburbs of Chicago, both Mom and I knew immediately, the first day we walked into Spring Meadows over a year and a half ago, it was the right choice and place for Mom. However, we regrettably had to leave the truly wonderful facility and remarkable people at Spring Meadows last month as Mom's condition required me to mover her to be physically close to my home in Lake Zurich.

Cynthia, and her entire staff, have been like family and truly have been a blessing to Mom, my wife Stephanie and myself. Cynthia, and the entire Spring Meadows team's professionalism, collective experience, work ethic, caring kindness and loving compassion is held in high regard by me and should be recognized by you as an invaluable asset to your company.

Everyone at Spring Meadows Libertyville is truly outstanding in what they do and that includes everyone from the reception desk, kitchen, laundry, and maintenance staffs, to each and every gifted caregiver on the professionally run RN nursing staff, and every one of the talented management professionals on Cynthia's team. We are so lucky to have come to know each and every one of them and will forever view them as family friends.

Thank you again for doing what you all do so well and taking person interest in caring for my Mom.

I am overall pretty happy with them.

I am overall pretty happy with them. It's kept very clean, and the staff is very friendly. They are very encouraging with activities. I haven't been very thrilled with a few of the caregivers, they have missed a few things. I know people make mistakes, but if I am paying extra for her to get her medication on time, or come and get her for lunch, then I think it should happen. Toni is the manager of the caregivers, when I made a complaint about the medication management, I was pleased that she got on it right away and took it very seriously.

Toured this facility a few ...

Toured this facility a few years ago for independent living for Mom. Am now revisiting it for assisted living. We liked the location, the property, and the apartments. I will be bringing Mom back for a visit as she makes her decision as to where to live.

Spring Meadows is nice. Go...

Spring Meadows is nice. Good tour. So far our preference is Hawthorn Lakes

We toured this community, and it was ...

We toured this community, and it was a little different than the others. They don't separate the Assisted Living from the Independent Living. If you need more care, they come and take care of you in your room. The only part that we didn't like about that was that with everyone being intersperced, it seemed like a constant reminder of that nursing home feel. The marketing director has an interesting personality that takes some getting used to. She's lovable, but just a little rough aroung the edges. To be honest, we just didn't like the site. We wanted our loved one to be intermingled with others she could relate to, and everyone seemed to be behind closed doors.

A nice community

My loved one hasn't been here long, but so far everything seems to be going well. I've only seen the place a few times but during my visits the staff always seemed friendly, and they kept the place very clean. My loved one doesn't get much assistance, just meals and laundry service, but she said the food is good.

Had a good visit here. Char...

Had a good visit here. Charlotte was candid and had experience with other places because of previous jobs. I found her comments helpful. Spring Meadows is very nice. Seems like a busy, active place. Because it has independent, assisted and Alzheimer's areas, there seem to be a lot of options here. Again, once I am closer to making a decision, I will take a closer look at the place.

It's clean and they have been friendly.

It's clean and they have been friendly. The food is pretty good. The parking could be a little bit better, there's maybe eight or nine spaces in the front, one is for employee of the month, and 4 of them are accessible spots. Some access to the building from the main parking, which is in the back of the building and when the weather is bad that can be difficult to access the door. The living units, and value, and location, were reasons that we chose this community over others.

Poor Memory Care Unit

They are only able to handle well behaved people. They have an Alzheimer's unit but I found that it was not really an Alzheimer's unit because the disease has certain characteristics and they couldn't handle it at all. My father only lived there for 3 weeks.

Just what we needed

We chose Spring Meadows for my mother because the atmosphere and decor there were so welcoming. It is a beautiful facility! We needed a place that provided support with her memory issues yet still gave her a feeling of autonomy. There are so many great things it is hard to list them all. One huge thing was it allowed her to keep her dog - this is difficult to find, yet a life saver for our Mom. (At this time, there are only 2 dogs that live there that I know of.) The assisted living staff make sure she gets to meals, adm. her meds, check on her every night, and take full responsibility for her where-abouts. Everyone (even w/o asst. living) gets light housekeeping. Lots of activities - bingo and other games, movies every night, exercise classes, church services, weekly shopping bus trips, special outings. Another great thing is that when she needs full memory care, her apartment (though in a different part of the building) will 'feel' the same (floor plan, etc.). The dining room is beautiful and the food is a good quality and variety. It feels like eating in a nice restaurant with cloth napkins and beautifully upholstered chairs. The asst. living staff has been great - they call me when there are issues (Mom won't shower, I need to refill her meds, etc.) so I feel like I am informed when I need to be. Another small thing but lovely is the portico in the front. During nice weather, it is a great place where many residents sit and chat or just enjoy the weather. Mom sits there with her dog almost every day in the summer. There are sunrooms on every floor, but I don't ever see the residents spend time there (pity!) There is also a piano in the foyer which I often play when I visit. The residents love it. Yes, it is expensive, but still comparable to another place we were considering. It looks and feels like an upscale apartment building - there are residents from Lake Forest and other nicer communities. Unlike my Mom, I believe these residents CHOSE to live here. My mom still misses her large bright home (her apt. tends to be dark), but all things considered, she seems content most of the time. And we know she is safe and well-cared for.

Wonderful Memory Care Unit

My husband passed away so I spent almost $9000 for 10 days. I did get some back but the those up front fees are hard. I liked the place a lot. They were very good. The memory unit is wonderful and they were very nice to him so I have no complaints. My husband had alzheimers so I couldn't judge if he got invoved in the activites or not. It was very expensive but I guess it's at good as anything else.

Good Community

They have emergency pull cords in the corner of the living room and one in the bathroom. I feel like they need to update their emergency system like other communities that have the emergency pendant. They have a kitchenette in the rooms. The cost is $3,300 for an efficiency apartment and about $400 extra for level 2 care. It is setup like you are just renting an apartment so you have to bring all your own stuff like towels, kitchen stuff and furnisher. There are some staff members that seem like they are not very kind with some of the residents almost like they are bothering them. But overall it is a pretty good community.

Really liked this place. I like the i...

Really liked this place. I like the idea of starting with independent care and purchasing some services a la carte. Well sized one bedrooms around $3100 per month. $400/mo. add on for medication management, $1400 add-on for "full assisted living services." Must find out if full assisted living services includes her limited medication management requirements. When one converts to full assisted living, the resident can stay in their apartment. Otherwise, facilities appeared to be very well maintained. Complex has about 200 units. Need to research operating company.

clean, one bedroom apartment, more li...

clean, one bedroom apartment, more limited menu choice at each meal, resort like feeling, bright, lots of activites and outings, independant-assisted-memory living units

This is one of my favorite places so ...

This is one of my favorite places so far.

Saw 3 rooms. This was a big step for ...

Saw 3 rooms. This was a big step for Mom. She's fighting it, but feels it's what's best for her. Problem - she said looking out the room windows at another wing of the building makes her clasutophobic!

Very large(maybe too lg), multiple di...

Very large(maybe too lg), multiple dining areas, not many wheelchairs, very active, 3 floors, room was very nice and roomy. 1 japanese woman, light on activities. light on care givers. looks very nice for independent living. Dog therapy.handicap bathroom not avail but was nice.

Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Libertyville is Spring Meadows Libertyville, a thriving community where residents are our main concern and our professional services ensure a high quality of living. Our residents enjoy Libertyville, IL , Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care services. From thoughtfully designed floor plans to the world-class service and myriad recreational and social opportunities, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. With plenty of floor plans available, our residents can choose the right apartment for their lifestyle and enjoy thoughtful amenities such as in-room washers and dryers and the peace of mind gained from in-room emergency call systems and safety-assist hand railings in bathrooms. Relax in our common area sunrooms and enjoy the natural lighting or step out onto 6-foot patio decks and take in the breeze. Residents can also participate in social groups and activities, from card games such as canasta, bridge and pinochle to book clubs and exercise groups. We offer a relaxed atmosphere of warmth and caring that promotes companionship among residents and staff. Our residents also have convenient access to nearby hospitals, forests and entertainment destinations.