Sparks Inn - Union City, GA

Nothing but good things to say

I am very happy with Sparks Inn and I am pleased to know that my mother is in a place that she can be well taken care of. What really sold us to move forward with this community are their affiliations with Christian City. Christian City is a Christian based non-profit organization that started with under privileged children and foster children. They had a good reputation in the city and in the elderly community. This is a good place with a good core value. What gave me a sense of comfort is how large of a facility it is. Typically smaller facilities may or may not have enough staff to tend to each resident. However, having a large facility such as this one has a wide variety of services like hair dressers, doctors, and multiple restaurants. This eliminates families having to pick up their loved ones and take them to doctors’ appointments or getting their hair done. They also have family rooms. If you were to want a birthday party you could use these rooms with kitchens and dining room tables and have a private get together. This facility really understands family needs. This place is large enough to give opportunities to families to come and spend time with their loved ones. I have nothing but good things to say about this property. I recommend this place to others. I am very satisfied with the administrative staff, their medical staff, their food, the entertainment that comes in once in a while, and my mother loves the freedom she has here.

Review of Sparks Inn at Christian City

We stopped here 1 year ago for a tour & they had just started their renovations. The entire downstairs has been updated & it's beautiful. The dining rooms are all new - there are 2 downstairs & they added what looks like the 50's style diner with burgers & sandwiches. The new library is really nice with about 5 or 6 computers for the people to enjoy. They have a courtyard in the center which has all new furniture & new grills for outdoor barbeques. They added an area where families can come in & have their own parties - it has a large dining table, full kitchen & dishes. They have a 2 hour limit. There is a full gym/therapy room, beauty salon & a doctor comes in once a week. My mom did not want to go into a facility but now she's really enjoying it. They plan on doing some minor work in the rooms but we have been very satisfied with the staff, food & the entire facility. They are always having outside entertainment come in & Chick-fil-a comes in twice a week. I hope this helps!

Sparks Inn

We considered Sparks Inn for assisted living for my mother. We used the respite care for a weekend. Beth is personable, friendly, and professional. The nurses on the floor took great care of my mother when the need arose. The room was clean and nice. She enjoyed meeting the other residents on her hall. Since it was a short visit, she only participated in bingo, which she loved. They are undergoing construction, but know it will be beautiful when finished. Going through this process is a very personal one. Although this was not the best option suited for my mother, would recommend others to visit with their loved ones to see if it is an option for them.

Loved one is doing great at Sparks Inn!!

The staff is very caring, helpful, and answer all of my questions. The community is very clean and kept up very well. Sparks Inn offers many activities and they are in the process of renovating the activities offered. The food is outstanding many healthy options.

Friendly, attentive staff

Sparks Inn is a very nice place, overall. They're very attentive to the needs of the residents, and I think they do a great job introducing new people to the community. Our experience so far has been a good one, and I would recommend Sparks Inn to others looking in the area!

Nice place, overall

Overall things have gone well at Sparks Inn. It's a nice looking, clean facility, and the staff seem responsive and friendly. I think they could do a bit better when it comes to introducing new residents to the community, however. It's a big place, and it can be a hard transition for those who were used to living on their own. Just having a buddy system or a guide the first week or two to help introduce residents to the activities would help immensely!

Christian City is a special place for seniors to live! Operating a non-profit basis since 1965, our community is located on 400 wooded acres, a comfortable distance from Interstates 85 and 285, and Hartsfield Airport. With an emphasis on Christ and community, our highly trained staff provide a wide variety of services designed to support independence, with a safety net of support services and designed features. In addition to offering a full variety of living accommodations, including retirement patio homes and apartments, assisted living, and skilled nursing care, Christian City has assembled a most comprehensive list of supportive services designed to maximize the quality of life for our residents, including: A fitness program featuring water aerobics and a strengthening exercise; an on-site physician's clinic; physical, speech and occupational therapy; two secured care environments for Alzheimer's, available on a 24-hour or day care basis; a wide variety of entertainment events and activity opportunities; and pastoral care services.