Elmcroft of Mt Zion - Jonesboro, GA

I was very impressed with [name removed] the Community Services Director and the staff there. I brought my 95 year old grandfather and 80 year old grandmother there they felt comfortable and welcomed. We did the tour and stayed for lunch. This is a big decision for our family... and the experience at Elmcroft made it so much easier...

Decent Tour, Not Impressed With the Memory Care Portion

I had a decent tour of this community. I toured it for my father, and his memory care needs. I wasn't impressed with the memory care section of the facility. It was separated from the rest of the community. I didn't like the layout of the memory care. I did not feel this was the right environment for my father, and his needs.

We Love This Community

I love this community, and my mother is doing very well since her move here. She has adjusted well to this community, and fitting in very well. They have a wonderful staff, and they are very attentive too the residents, and their needs. The community is very well-kept, and they do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. They provide nice meals, and good activities for the residents. The staff in this community genuinely care about the residents. This is a community I would recommend, it is a lovely facility.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad to hear that your experiences have been pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we want to let you know that we LOVE having your mom here.

Mom is Fine with Her Move Here

So far my mother is doing pretty well since her move to this community. The only issue she has is that it can take a while for the staff to respond when help is needed. Other than that issue the staff is kind, and friendly. There are nice activities, and good meals offered. They do a good with the cleanliness of the community. They need to be quicker with responding with help, but overall this is a community I would recommend.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad to hear your mom is loving her new home! We will pass along your comments to our local management team. Thanks again!

Activities and Food are Wonderful

I haven't been here that long (almost a year) and have truly enjoyed my stay so far. I have felt very happy here and there is always something for us to do! Activities and food are wonderful.

Home is Elmcroft

I thank God I am here and I'm alive. I have 2 sons and one lives in Fayetteville so this is a great location for him to visit. People are kind and understanding here.

Megan Strothman

Thank you, Millie! We are so glad to have you here.

Our Favorite!

We really liked the Elmcroft when we toured. The lady that took us around was informative and positive. The facility itself was very nice and well maintained.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you had a positive experience here.

Comfort for dad!

My father is doing very well at the Elmcroft of MT Zion. The staff has been very good to him and he has made quite a few friends. The community is maintained well inside and out, it has been a good experience for him.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind review! There is no greater honor than to be trusted with a very special member of your family.

A Great Community

My sister is doing great here at this community. She has adjusted well to it, and we are very pleased. I like the staff, they have been very attentive to her and her needs. I know she is in good hands, and she is safe. It has been a great experience for our family with this community. This is a community I would recommend, it is a great place.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad to hear that your experiences have been pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we want to let you know that we LOVE having your sister here.

Keep Looking I Beg!

Keep looking!

Three directors in 5 months!! Disorganized, slow, the staff has NO leadership they are just floundering. Some staff are good and some are completely ignorant. My Mom has been told she is NOT allowed to lock her door because her roommate loses her key!! Totally against the law. My Mom fell twice in her room and it took staff over 30 minutes for a staff member respond!! Meds are another issue, good luck!! As one reviewer stated the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing!!! Very fragmented!! I wish I never heard of Elmcroft!!! You may regret going there too.

Megan Strothman

We are sorry to hear that this has been a negative experience for you. Our mission is dedicated to enriching the lives of the individuals who live and work with us. We take this mission very seriously and we are saddened to hear your comments. What you described in your review is certainly not indicative of how Elmcroft does business or treats their residents. We are known for our compassionate, friendly, and experienced staff who goes above and beyond for our residents. We are truly sorry you felt differently and therefore would like to apologize. With that said, we do have new management in place and we are more confident than ever that we will continue to enrich the lives of others. Again, I am sorry to hear this has been a difficult experience for you.

I think it's great. I'm very pleased with them and their service.

I think it's great. I'm very pleased with them and their service. I like their set up for dining, they have a menu, and can order. They were the first ones that called me back. They admin service could be improved a little bit, they are a little slow with the paperwork. Other than that I am very pleased with them.

Short staffed

They are kind of short staffed. I went to visit my Mother and take her to a Doctor's appointment. They never have her ready to go when they know she has appointments. I have found 2 lizards in my Mother's room. They have a lizard and rodent problem at this facility. My Mom is at the highest level of care and it seems that the staff is doing duties not assigned to them because they are short staffed. I feel like the other facility my Mother was in did a better job with her care.

very pleased so far

I have been very pleased so far with Elmcroft of Mt Zion. The facility is clean. The staff is friendly. My great aunt said the food is excellent. It is a pretty secure facility too. You have to have a code and after 7 pm they have to let you in. I really appreciate that. They have physical therapy for the residents on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. My great aunt says everyone has been nice and kind. That is really helping her to adjust. That really gives me peace in my heart.

I'm very picky and opinionatef. Yet I really like this place . They care about their clients and also listen to me and help with my concerns. This is the only place I visited that gives choices in the menu even in the memory unit.

A True Blessing

It has been an absolute blessing from God. I can sleep at night knowing my father has the best care possible. The staff is friendly, professional, and sincere. My father came from New York and has adjusted very well.

Any concerns I've had thus far, they've addressed those issues fairly quickly. Someone is usually around to answer my questions. Overall, it has been a good experience.

Going very well so far!

Our loved one has only been here a short time, but so far were very pleased with how things have gone! The place is clean and well kept, and the staff have all been very friendly. The residents seem happy and well cared for.

Community had a homey feel, however could not provide a staff to resident ratio goal or what the current ratio was. Only quoted the state requirements.

look elsewhere

Very disorganized and the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.

Very friendly and accommodating staff

So far I think things have gone very well with Elmcroft of Mt Zion! I feel like they really try their best to accommodate both the residents as well as their family members. It a beautiful, well kept facility, and everyone has been very friendly. I'm really relieved knowing that my loved one is somewhere safe!

The Elmcroft family are trying so har...

The Elmcroft family are trying so hard to help my sister adjust to her new surroundings. They have met each request that I have made as her family caregiver. This makes it easier for me. So far I am very pleased with the workers and they are very kind and pleasant to be around.

Melanie was very nice! This...

Melanie was very nice! This is a great looking facility and it has the kind of amenities I'm looking for. Thank you so much.

Very nice and comforting en...

Very nice and comforting environment. Shannon was very detailed about the residents activities and how they keep them actively involved with day-to-day life. Very clean and lovely environment.

Adjusting well

After an illness and rehab time, my 88 year old father was forced to accept his independent lifestyle had come to an end. A first anger at losing his independence was felt, but with a friendly atmosphere and helpful assistance he is now happy in Elmcroft and setteling into his new environment.

My favorite if I had been a...

My favorite if I had been able to afford it. It was just more than we had.

Nice place. V does not like...

Nice place. V does not like. Will probably revisit.

Like this facility very muc...

Like this facility very much. Location,atmosphere,amenities,and professional environment.

Nice facility with locked doors, Pat...

Nice facility with locked doors, Patients and staff all appeared to be happy. A number of younger men living here. Had activities for alzheimers patiernts/

Nice Willing to work with the budget ...

Nice Willing to work with the budget I have. Would be in a shared 2-bedroom. Even though would only sleep in room, the room is awfully small. Staff seemed friendly and attentive.

Very warm and hospitable.

Very warm and hospitable.

Elmcroft of Mt. Zion, offers a special combination of daily living, personalized supportive services, and interactive activities. Since 1995, when our first community opened, we have offered a full range of personalized assistance with daily living services to seniors. We focus on wellness and keeping our residents as independent as long as possible with a tailored plan of assistance to meet their needs. Our ergonomically designed community houses a variety of apartment floor plans to accommodate the personal needs and habits of both our frail and our more active residents. Our residents call Elmcroft of Mt. Zion their home, and we love to nurture them through our holistic approach of caring for all resident needs - physical, emotional, social, and intellectual. Our residents enjoy Elmcroft for the clean, spacious apartments, affordability, social activities, and the safe secure residential environment. Come see why so many seniors call Elmcroft home.