Spanish Trails - Albuquerque, NM

Spanish Trails - Albuquerque, NM has yet not published prices.

• Wound Care / VAC
  • Long Term Care
  • Short Term Rehab
  • 24 hour care
  • Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs
  • Wi-Fi

They'll take your money, but not give it back to you

If your loved one passes away, and you are to receive a refund, forget it. Our father passed away in April of 2018, and it's now September and they refuse to pay the refund. [Name removed] in the business office keeps blaming the non reimbursement on corporate office.

I'm pulling all of our paperwork together and submitting it to the Attorney General's office for fraud.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

My loved one has been in two other rehabs and this one has been far better than those. When I visited, I knew this was the one she should go to. Everything is going well. It is a nice facility. The staff is very friendly. The therapy is outstanding. They are doing exceptionally well. Everybody on the staff is very good, but the nurses are not as responsive as they need to be. My only fuss is that they could be a little bit faster when answering the call lights.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

It was great. Overall, we were happy. They greeted us and wanted to help us unload, but the room was dirty with clothes all over and a bowel movement in the bathroom. They did not mop or sweep. It should have been cleaned and ready for her. The bed was stuck in a position she could not be in and so we called maintenance for help with us.

The wound nurse is good. The therapy is super fantastic. The aides try very hard. It is very clean. They changed the chef, and the food is now 90 percent better.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

This is a good facility, and we are overall happy with it. The rehab therapy is very nice. It is an excellent program. It is a very clean, nice building. My only real concern is with the call light time. Being short-staffed seems to be the problem in this facility. There has been no communication from the facility.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

The facility is excellent. The cleanliness is very good. I had no problem with the food. It is very good. The rehab personnel were tremendous. The four or five physical therapy personnel are excellent. The facility lets me know if there is a problem. I am not too impressed with the nursing staff.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

So far, it is going well overall. They are a friendly group. One member of the staff made a point to reach out to me in the beginning to help me through the process. I would like more communication and updates on my loved one's care, specifically through phone calls. We haven't heard a lot. They have trouble answering the phone.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

So far, everything is going well. It is going smoothly. The staff is friendly. I do find it rather difficult trying to get in and out of the facility. The security system is a little tough, and sometimes it is a burden to have to flag down staff to let you in.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

It has been pretty good. The people are really good with my loved one. I watched the therapist work with him and it was good. The people are nice to him. He is happy there. They have very good nurses, but they need more. The staff is really friendly, and no one has a bad mood. It is a really clean place. I have not seen any dirt anywhere. My loved one said it smells like urine in the bathroom, but he may have just urinated. They have good food, but there are so many locked doors to get to the cafeteria. You have to go outside to get to the cafeteria. They need more staffing, and when I call, it takes a long time for someone to answer. It is hard to reach someone by phone.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

The nurses were good. The staff was friendly. The facility is brand new and clean. My loved one liked the food and ate in her room. It is a huge place with vacant rooms, but she had a roommate, and she did not sleep well because of the visitors for the other patient.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

The therapy was excellent. The lady who did the PT was great. She was caring and had good people skills. The communication was good. Everything was immaculate. When my loved one first got there, she waited until the next day for the pain medication. After that, she waited one to two hours for her pain medication. The meals needed some improvement. It was like hospital food. I brought food to her.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

My loved is up and about and moving around. The therapy is going well. The aides are the nicest of everyone I have encountered there. It is always really clean. He has not complained about the food. When I call in the evening to ask questions the phone rings with no one to answer the phone for over an hour. They say they are handing out medications and cannot answer the phone. They should give a code for people to get in because it takes a long time to get in the doors. When I ask questions, no one knows the answer. They should have a plan for him and communicate that plan.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

It is very clean and nice. It is beautiful place and I like it, but when I press my button for help, it takes an hour for help. It depends on who is working with how soon they help me.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

Things were good in general. My only real concern pertains to when my loved one arrived to the facility. They never discussed or welcomed her properly. They got her situated in her room, and the next day, they didn't pay attention to her.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

Overall, they are taking good care of my dad. I like one of the aides. However, the staff is constantly changing and they never answer their phone and do not call me back.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

I think that the staff is paying really good attention to my loved one's needs. The overall care is really addressing her needs, especially the physical therapy.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

I like the facility. It is nice and clean. The therapists seem good so far. I just do not like the service times when my loved one calls for a nurse. I would also like them to talk to the family more with what is going on and how he is doing.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

It was good. The PT people there were very good. The aides were very good. The staff was very professional and friendly. My loved one would like the chef as his personal chef. The food was fantastic. The nurses were great, but understaffed. My loved one did not get his pain medication until after a two hour wait, and this did not help with the physical therapy. The shower chairs were dangerous. They did not lock properly and slipped easily. There were no signs stating my loved one was a high risk fall. He missed his follow-up appointment three times because the transportation was not available.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

My loved one likes the event coordinator. She talks with her, but she cannot go to the events because she is not mobile. The facility is very short-staffed, and they did not clean my loved one's injuries enough. The rehab therapy is okay. Because of her injuries, she is not able to do the therapy so well. When I was there, they gave her a meal that she did not ask for. The staff member did not try to change the meal a couple of times. The facility has not tried to call me back. It is hard to talk to anyone there. The last time I was there, I tried to tell them her phone is not working.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

This facility has a lot of potential. Hands down, the staff is very friendly. For the most part, the facility is very clean. The nurses are good about timing in terms of following up, such as when you have a question. The call light response takes a while. Communication is a problem. We have notified nursing, and it doesn't seem as though things are following through. We have even had the same problem with the doctor. There are issues with communication in rehab therapy as well. The physical therapy director has misled us in terms of the plan. The quality of the therapy depends on who is administering the actual services. The times are all over the place. The quality of the food is great, but we asked for our loved one to have a glass of milk with every meal, and they forget to incorporate this. The menu doesn't match what food is on her plate. The temperature of the food is a bit of an issue. The food itself is great though.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

The place is nice overall. Some of the workers are very nice. My mom loves the therapy and she gets sore from working out. The rehab side my mom is in is very clean, but the nursing home side smells really bad. The nurses and aides need to provide more care. My mom has to wait for help to the bathroom and they leave her on the toilet for a while. It has happened three to four times for 30 minutes or so. I spoke with the administrator about this issue on the phone, and she said she would address it. My mom likes the food, but sometimes she does not like what is served. I have not received any calls, and when I call, nurses hang up on us or we have lost the signal a couple of times. It felt weird to have this happen.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

Overall, it has been a good experience. My father likes the therapy a lot. He says they kick his butt and it is very good for him. I really like it because they utilize all of the exercise equipment and have a very good program for him. The nurses are very patient with my father. He is going through a rough time and can have a bit of a poor attitude at times, but they are always very patient and kind. They meet his needs. I have asked a couple times about his care and I have not gotten a clear answer at times. Some of the staff can be a little bit rude. You cannot leave unless they let you out and there are times when we are waiting a long time to either get in or out of the building. On the first day, I was lost and there was not a staff member there to tell me which way to go. No one asked how I was.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

They were so prepared for my sister and ready to give care. Everything was set up perfectly upon our arrival. It was very clean. I think the nurses are good, but they have a lot going on, so they get pulled in many directions. For example, the admitting nurse didn't record a very important medication that needed to be given daily. The employee ratio to patient care might be a little bit low. The staff were all running around a lot. When my sister did have a fall, I was not contacted until about eight hours later in the afternoon. I would like to have seen better communication from the facility regarding her care, especially when incidents occur.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

They are pretty good at keeping me informed. I am satisfied with our communication. They are very slow responding to my loved one, such as with the call light.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

The stay for my wife went well. The only real concern I had pertained to communication with the facility. I had to be proactive. It would have been nice for them to reach out and provide information for me about her care.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

We like the evening nurse who gives out medications and the activities person, but my loved one gets promised things and the people do not do what he has asked for.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

My loved one is really unsatisfied. He would like me to move him. There were a few hiccups when he arrived. He missed all his appointments because they told me it was too late to get him transportation. He is unhappy with the response time with the call light. At one point, he said he is scared of being at the facility because they take so long to get to his call light when he needs care. They are very poor at communication. One of the nurses was great and really did a nice job with him. His attitude is a little poor right now, and she was very friendly.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

Yesterday my loved one missed an appointment because they did not pick her up. They are not giving her the right diet. We have stressed this for a few days, and this is still has not happened. She talked with the chef and he said she just had to deal with it. The therapists are doing a good job. The first nurse she had did not give her what she needed. Now they are giving her the medication. No one answers the phone and no one is at the desk for help.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

It has not been excellent. At night, the response time is very slow. I know they are understaffed, but it has caused an inconvenience to the care. When my mother arrived, she came in the evening, and there was not a lot of staff there to help. The therapists are going well. The quality of nursing goes back in forth. There are a couple that are very good and then some that are not. The aides are helpful. A couple don't have great attitude. One person she answered my question, but seemed tired and just did not have a very great attitude overall. It is clean for the most part, but the trash hadn't been emptied and we found three different bugs on our first night at the facility. The food is terrible. It is not flavorful and has poor consistency. The facility is very communicative.

Review of Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites

I removed my mother from this facility before she was supposed to be discharged. It seemed to be understaffed and I felt as though her needs were not being met. The therapists were amazing, and the administrator was kind. They seemed to be able to acknowledge the problems, but did not solve the problems. It was a very clean facility. My mother didn't like the meals, but to me, they looked OK. I did not like the level of communication. We didn't fill out the paperwork until we were leaving, and a lot of the stuff I wish I would have known early on.

Review of Spanish Trails

The people there are okay, but they need to pay more attention to my brother's needs. There was one evening they missed giving him his medication. I think they need to have him on a different diet.

Review of Spanish Trails

We are very happy with the service there. We like how patient and helpful they have been. We appreciate the girl cleaning the room. We have only had a couple of concerns. We have had good feedback from the nurses and therapists, but I would like more feedback from the doctor. They are slow emptying the trash basket

Review of Spanish Trails

My loved one needed a TV, extra pillow and a trash can when he got there, and the lady in admitting helped him get them. It is very clean. He is not getting enough food. I told him to ask for more food.

Review of Spanish Trails

My loved one is being treated very well. I like how the facility is always clean and they take her to the bathroom when needed. They are great people.

Review of Spanish Trails

The staff has been very helpful and friendly. The place is very clean. Everything seems to be fine at this point. The therapy is very efficient.

Review of Spanish Trails

Nice place. Excellent care. I would recommend it to the President! The nursing care is excellent. They keep it VERY clean. The meals are excellent. I was actually surprised at how good the food is here

Review of Spanish Trails

It looks just fine to me!

Review of Spanish Trails

The place is very clean and nice. They respond real quick. They are very friendly. The meals are excellent.

Review of Spanish Trails

The staff was fantastic. The food looked great. The place is beautiful. I went once a day and everyone was real nice to me.

Review of Spanish Trails

The rehab therapy is excellent. Her CNAs are exceptional. They are so attentive, and helpful, always smiling. They made the experience a much better one for my loved one. The facility is a beauty. They need more choices with food and open the dining room up more. And to have some kind of menu set for the week so that we can plan ahead. I have to go find out information on my own. They need to improve on that.

Review of Spanish Trails

Generally it is pretty clean. The communication has been good. The TV service is pretty lousy and no repairs have not been made after my request. That is the only bad thing that has gone wrong.

Review of Spanish Trails

I liked the staff preparing the meals better this time compared to last time. The facility is very clean. They are doing a pretty good job of keeping me informed.

Review of Spanish Trails

My loved one is really happy with therapy. He likes the nurses. He says it takes a while to get someone to answer the call light. It is taking up to two hours from what he is saying, but I am not so sure about that. He does not like the sandwiches for dinner on Tuesdays, but he said everything else is good. I am happy with the amount of information I get from the staff.

Review of Spanish Trails

So far so good. The therapy is really, really good. I really liked the staff. Things are clean except for the bathroom. Meals are okay. I haven't had one phone call to update me. I am only informed when I go in.

Review of Spanish Trails

Great staff. The cleanest place I've ever been in. They need more staff for the kitchen and at meal times. The food has been overcooked on more than one occasion. I would prefer more calls to keep me informed.

Review of Spanish Trails

This is an excellent facility for rehab therapy services. We had one experience with an unpleasant nurse when we arrived, but since then it has greatly improved. I am having a great deal of trouble with the administration as far as getting in touch. Also, the nurses/docs will mention calling me to keep me updated and I don't receive a call.

Review of Spanish Trails

Overall, I would recommend it. Some nurses are good, but some are not so great. They are very slow at cleaning the rooms.

Review of Spanish Trails

My mother is here at this facility and it is far better than the other facilities she's been at. This is by far the best therapy program we've seen. The nurses I have seen are pretty good. The only thing that is a little bothersome is that because this place is so new I do not think they have enough staff to serve everyone here. But they are very respectful. I understand they do get busy sometimes and if we ever have to remind them of a request they are very apologetic and take care of it. The food is institutional. It doesn't matter what facility we have been in, this is always an issue, so we bring food to my mom.

Review of Spanish Trails

My brother needs a lot of help, including with eating, but they just bring his food in and set the tray down in his room. They tell him they will be back in a few minutes and they do not come back for 20 to 30 minutes and his food is cold. They need more staff there. I do not think they have many aides. Most of the meals are at least good.

Review of Spanish Trails

My loved one is good with the PT and OT but it does not happen on the weekends. I have been trying to reach the case manager for over a week to discuss discharge. The staff is good but they are understaffed here. The professional staff is good, but I am not happy with the administrative staff not getting back to me. The cleanliness is very good. The meals are only mediocre and not delivered hot.

Review of Spanish Trails

My dad seems to be okay with everything there. The therapists are doing pretty good with him. My dad's shoes were lost in transportation to the facility, and one of the aides was wonderful and offered to help find them. When I tried to talk with the nurse she did not have time for me. I waited an hour for her and then I left. My dad has had some real nice meals there

Review of Spanish Trails

They weren't prepared for my loved one when we arrived. The room wasn't ready for him and they were not aware of his condition. The therapy people have been trying to work with him, but he's still a little weak. The nurses have been pretty good. Most people have been pretty friendly. I have asked for bed rails and signed for the procedure and they have not followed through yet. The meals could be improved. The first night he got there he had a dry sandwich with one slice of processed turkey on it and cold soup.

Review of Spanish Trails

The people are good, it's just they do not get there in a timely fashion when my loved one rings her call light. The therapists are really good. The nurses seem to give her the medication she needs later than required. And at times I feel as though she says she is in pain it takes them some time to get her her pain medication. They haven't reached out to us at all and it is difficult to get in touch with them as well.

Review of Spanish Trails

Every time I go there, it is hard to get information on the test results, and the admissions papers are still not completed. I hardly see the nurses.

Review of Spanish Trails

My loved one says she'll call them to help her go to the bathroom and they don't come, so she finally has to wet her diaper and then lie in it forever. The first night I was in there, the people were not very nice. The day I was in there, they were nice. I thought the facility was clean. She definitely doesn't like some of the food. She says that nothing she gets served matches her meal ticket. I guess they don't even ask her what she wants. You would think they would have a menu. She got hash and something today. That's something most people wouldn't even eat. She doesn't even know what she gets. She cut into something that said fried chicken, and it was red.

Review of Spanish Trails

I have had to call and complain to get them to check on my loved one. No one answered the call lights and I have had to go get a nurse. Her remote does not work on her TV for the volume. She went to therapy a couple of times, but she does not see any improvement. The staff seems friendly enough. It is beautiful and spotless place.

Review of Spanish Trails

My loved one lost some of her clothes because they were not marked.

Review of Spanish Trails

They do not have the service they said they would have. We have to keep asking how things are going

Review of Spanish Trails

When we arrived, my loved one's room was not ready. The bed was made but it was missing furniture. There was not an alarm on the bed to monitor and they said they couldn't provide one. The staff said they would check on him every two hours, and that was unacceptable. So they said they would check on him more, but when we arrived this morning he had the same the Depends we put on him the night before and the mattress was soaked. We are waiting to hear back from the administrator on that. I would think being new they would have great appliances, but nothing seems to work, like the remote. The therapy did work him and it went very well.

Spanish Trails Rehabilitation Suites offers short-term and long-term care in a comfortable, and supportive environment with 24-hour nursing care. We create individualized care plan for each guest and provide physical, occupational, and speech therapy and other rehabilitative care. We also offer respiratory therapy, comprehensive wound care, medication management, and TPN management. We have a registered dietician and offer nutritional and culinary support.