Liberty Heights - Colorado Springs, CO

The main facilities were excellent, however, the independent living rooms were too small and 26 years old.

Decently sized rooms and good cleanliness

I took a tour of this facility and thought the units were nice. They were a decent size and there were a variety of unit types available that had garages. However, the price was a bit expensive. I’ve heard from other people I know that it’s a nice place to live as long as you’re self-sufficient. The cleanliness was good and I didn’t see anything that looked out of place. I haven’t heard anything good about the assisted living part of the community, so I would say do your research before moving your loved one in.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Liberty Heights. Our goal is to provide a 5-star experience for our residents and families and we appreciate your feedback!

Could be a really nice place...

How on earth Liberty Heights in Colorado Springs could possibly have earned any kind of rating (at least in the past two years) above a "1" is beyond me. My parents will be paying close to $6,000 beginning in January and have leaks in their roof and plaster hanging from the ceiling that have not been fixed for over 6 months. They are not the only ones. The company can't keep housekeepers, and can't seem to put a decent meal on the table. Even the servers shake their heads at the [Removed] they have to put on a table in front of the residents. Fewer and fewer people will even go to the dining room. Requests for help getting things fixed get a nod and a "we'll get that taken care of right away" and nary a word is heard for months because the staff have to "clear it with headquarters." Nothing seems to get cleared with headquarters. What a shame that a place that started out as wonderful to live in, where the owners cared about what happens there, has come to this. I'm sure the "corporate" is happy to rake in the money they do each month and their bank accounts are bulging. I can guarantee they would never live in a place like this. No wonder so many people are looking for other places to live.

Very Pleased

I have been really impressed with Liberty Heights, they have really embraced my mom and dad, and they have been so accommodating. They’ve allowed my dad to display his weather vane and his flag outside their apartment. The manager didn’t miss a beat. The people that work there seem to deal with everything in a thoughtful and systematic way. The food is good there, and I like that they have a credit based system. If my parents don’t use one of their meals, they get credits that they or anyone in their family can use to get meals for free. My mother has surprised us all with her improvements. She eats better here, and is more social as well. We’re all very pleased. Every time I turn around, Liberty Heights is coming up with another way to help us. I would definitely recommend it.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for sharing your confidence in us. We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that your parents are enjoying their home here at Liberty Heights!

Very Nice Place!!

I had recently taken a tour of this place for my mother and I have no complaints of how things had went during our tour. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I liked the great activity program as well some of the other amenities for the residents. It was just not the right fit for us in the end decision but I would recommend it to anyone.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your recommendation of our community. We appreciate your feedback and we're so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Care and comfort

This is a good community. We have found the staff are nice and helpful to her needs. The community is clean and always maintained with the grounds kept up. The menu is nice and she is still adjusting to not being able to cook for herself. The staff try and get her to be active with some of the activiites. We have recommended this community for the nice care and the good value for other families.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for sharing your confidence in us; we appreciate your review and your recommendations!

A great fit!

It's been ver rewarding! My apartment is very pleasant. All of the apartments view the mountain and I have a washer and dryer as well as a complete kitchen. They offer many activities, my favorite is water aerobics. The food is superb, I have had a really good experience here!

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your review; we appreciate your confidence in us and are delighted that you are enjoying making your home with us!

A very nice place!

The Liberty Heights was a gated community and at the time of my tour, it was a higher level of care than my mother needed.

All of the directors, administrative individual and the staff have been extremely welcoming and helpful. Everyone seems to really enjoy their job and genuinely be concerned about the residents and families. It is a beautiful campus.

My Love Ones Love It

They were very, very impressed with the fireplace in the back patio that looks out to the mountains. They have also been impressed with the friendliness of the other residents and they say that there is too much food at mealtime.

Caring, but short staffed

I think they have paid good attention to Mom, but they modernize the facility some. The staff is great, but it seems to be short staffed. They are caring, but seem stressed and stretched.

high quality facility

I think Liberty Heights At Northgate is a very nice. It is a high quality facility. They offer plenty of activities, although my parents do no participate. Overall it has been a good experience. I am really happy with this facility. I have no complaints.

Mother's Day Brunch

We joined our mother who is a resident for the Mother's Day brunch. It was excellent. I was so impressed by the décor of the dining room, the quality of the food, the attentiveness and friendliness of the serving staff and the patience and kindness that is shown to the residents. I felt like I was in a 5 star hotel. It's very pricey to actually live there but my Mother has earned this quality of living and we feel so blessed that she can live there.

They absolutely love it. They are really, really happy.

They absolutely love it. They were able to pick out their own carpet and got all brand new fixtures. They say there are too many activities, she can't keep up with everything. They are doing really good. They absolutely love the dining room, it's like a five star restaurant. They have a great view. They are really, really happy.

Needs To Resolve Issues

I think overall they try to do a good job, there was a number of things we were unhappy about that didn't get resolved. Its not bad but not that good would not recommend.

Senior Lifestyle

We are disappointed to hear that you or your loved one had unresolved issues during their stay at Liberty Heights. We strive to deliver the best quality service and care to our residents. Please contact the Executive Director, Lisa Nelson, directly at [removed] in order to discuss how we could have improved the quality of our services during your stay. Thank you for your feedback in our efforts to provide excellent service and care.

I love it so far. I am very happy here.

I love it so far. Everyone is very friendly, and helpful. The food is very good, the choice the menu, and variety, and it is served nicely. I am very happy here.

too much marketing

Their marketing was shaky, really full of pressure – if you don’t want this there are people who will take it. They wanted us to sign right away. That kind of marking is really disturbing and I should have been on the look out for it.

Senior Lifestyle

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am sorry that you felt pressured to sign right away, however due to our cleanliness, care services, value, and etc…, we are at a 98% occupancy and because of that people do typically have to sign the lease within a 24 hour period. It was not the intention of the sales team to be shaky or to put pressure on you, but there is a waiting list at Liberty Heights so we do have to move forward quickly if someone does not want a specific unit. Please feel free to call me, the Executive Director at [removed], if you have any further questions or would like to discuss further. I am happy to assist you in any way possible. Thanks, Lisa Nelson

Very nice place

Our experience here has been great so far, I'd give them top marks across the board. They're a newer community, and while they're still learning in a few aspects the service is already very impressive and will only get better I'm sure.

Average

We just went in for a quick visit so I didn’t get at much detail on them but I would probably rate them somewhere in the middle of all the ones I saw. It looked like they had good social program but the building was a little more outdated and worn, especially for the cost.

Senior Lifestyle

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are delighted to see that you observed the extensive resident programs we have on a day to day basis. Liberty Heights has been proud to serve the Colorado Springs community for over 20 years. While there are newer retirement communities our dedicated staff are proud to offer the highest quality of hospitality services and personalized care. Additionally our convenient location and stunning views of the mountains are unmatched. We also want to mention that we have renovated our skilled nursing building and our assisted living wing and we are in the process of adding a newly designed memory care neighborhood. In addition to the cosmetic improvements we have made to independent living we do offer upgrade packages for each of our apartments. We would appreciate hearing more on how we can improve our community, so please feel free to reach out to me at [removed] or via phone at [removed]. Thanks, Lisa Nelson.

Lots of bells and whistles

It was beautiful, for me, I'm in my 40's and I was like oh my gosh it's got a pool, it's got all of these things, their dining room was very nice, it looked like an upscale type of restaurant, but my mom didn't want all the bells and whistles. It was larger so it did have a bit more of the corporate feel, but it is beaituful. Because of all the beauty and all the bells and whistels it was outside of my moms price range.

This would be the best loca...

This would be the best local choice for my sister, if and when she decides to make a move. The tour was very professional, but there were no actual units available to tour. That was frustrating.

love it but too expensive f...

love it but too expensive for my parents - mother in law lives there and she loves it

Senior Lifestyle

Liberty Heights is pleased to offer a range of apartment styles and levels of care. Our introductory one bedroom rates for independent living start at $2,600/month and are inclusive of 2 meals per day, bi-weekly housekeeping, transportation services, 24 hour security, utilities & cable, extensive resident programs and more. We are confident you will find our community to be a great value for the quality of services that we provide!

gated community; not friend...

gated community; not friendly;

Senior Lifestyle

I am sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience when visiting Liberty Heights. I would love the opportunity to talk to you to discuss this more to see how we could make the experience better for all of our visitors. Please call Amanda Schwilch, Director of Sales and Marketing, at [removed]

Nice place. great food, nice pool wit...

Nice place. great food, nice pool with whirl pool for 10 to 12 people all indoors, Seem a bit high but specials brought price down into the reasonable catagory