Southview Assisted Living & Memory Care - Affton, MO

Visited to check out the services offered. The amenities are nice and new. Like the flexible dining schedule and the standard food items that are available. Offer good options on Memory/Respite Care.

Samantha McCue

Hi there, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! We can't wait to see you again, have a great day.

My SouthView experience

The staff at SouthView Assisted Living are very kind and caring towards the residents. They go above and beyond to make sure their needs are met and that their residents are happy. The facility provides great outings into the community to provide their residents the opportunity to get out with their friends and have fun. We had a great experience at SouthView.

Samantha McCue

Hi, thank you so much for the positive review! Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything. Have a wonderful day.

good choice

My brothers and I have been very pleased with the assisted living program at Southview. Our mother has responded well to the genuinely caring staff.

I had the opportunity to visit Southview on Wednesday during a luncheon. I can't express how impressed I am with this community and it's entire staff. I left with the feeling that Southview is definitely a place I would be very comfortable referring clients to. Thank you [Removed] for a wonderful lunch and providing us with much needed information about your lovely community. I look forward to building a relationship with Southview for seniors in our area.

My mom lives in the Memory neighborhood. The new staff seems to be making a huge impact overall. I spent some time there this past weekend and its much cleaner and enjoyable. The environment was calm and my mom was actually smiling. I can't tell you how pleased we are with the changes. Thank you.

Right Now Not Happy With Anything

My mom really wanted to stay in the area that she was familiar with so that is one of the reasons why we chose this community. From the appearance, it looked wonderful very clean and well maintained. When meeting with the staff and the administration they seemed very friendly and compassionate however now that time has passed we are experiencing something totally different. My mom is needing more care than internally though which is resulting in a higher price tag. We are going to have to hire an independent person to come in to get the services that we are not getting by this place and hopefully that will help improve my mom's attitude because right now she hates being here. The staff doesn't seem to be willing to work with us to get issues corrected they say they will look into it but things never change. The staff as far as I am concerned is not empathic to my mother they will start helping her then disappear and come back a while later and leave my mother alone to fend for herself.

I would not recommend this community

When my loved one stayed here there were errors with the medication. There is no communication between the nurses and the rest of the staff. There were numerous staff changes in their director of nursing. There was inconsistent care and they were not open to suggestions. They were charging for services that were not being provided. It felt like they were only in it for the money.

Family Care

We like this community for the good care that is received. We like the cleanliness and the environment of the community. The staff is very nice and we like that they keep us informed on her progress.We like that she is enjoying the meals and the nice variety. They offer here activities that she is enjoying. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one to other families.

Samantha McCue

Hi, thank you so much for the positive review! Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

A tour with options

The tour here was nice and we like the staff that was able to answer the questions. This is a bigger community. They have the great staff and they did answer the questions we had for the care that is needed.We would suggest that families tour this community for the care and the value of a loved one.

Great place, goof people!

The Southview Assisted Living & Memory Care was a very nice place. They offered me meals, but I did not try them. [Removed] was wonderful. She was a great resource to me even after I toured the place. I was very pleased with my visit.

Since this community was operated by the same company as another we visited, we concentrated on the Memory Care unit. I was impressed with it, although my husband was less so. Most of the residents were out in a central area with caretakers -- so they, at least, got out of their rooms -- but were not very active. Probably because it was almost dinnertime, I think. If it had been within our means, I would have considered this my first choice.

My Tour of This Community Was Nice

I had a pretty good tour of this community. The staff was very kind to my family and myself. The community looked nice from what I saw. They were informative and answered all my questions. The experience was nice, everything went well.

Smaller Rooms

The Southview Assisted Living & Memory Care has wonderful staff. We went here twice, once for the tour and again to check for openings, and they were always very kind and attentive. The place was very clean and well maintained during both visits. The rooms were small. The studio size room was the size of a dorm room.

Needs To Be Updated

The community overall had an institutional look. It was old and outdated. The layout was not that great. It had a hotel feel to it, long hallways to the rooms. There was a lot of residents and the place seemed a bit crowded, My loved one enjoys her privacy and quiet time and for her, this place was a bit loud. The room they showed us during our tour was redone, new paint and new carpet. The staff were al very friendly and answered all of my questions.

Second Adventure into Assisted Living

The moment I stepped out of my car i was in the right place. The first person I meet was a very knowledgeable young sales associate and her very nice accomplice.
The building and the architecture complimented each other.
The interior on both spacious floors was of superior quality and craftsmanship all down to the last step in the semi oval staircase. All the rooms are immaculate.
The dining rooms are beautiful and you can almost smell the aroma of the prime rib they serve on Sat night.
Enough said for this wonder work of art.

ITS SATURDAY NIGHT AND I DO HAVE SOME MONEY.

GOD BLESS ALL

Brother and Sister care team duo!

The Southview management team is proud to announce how appreciative we are of our resident care team. In our care plan meetings families often express how our aides are true caregivers and often go the extra mile. One resident stated that we have an awesome brother and sister team that helped him adjust to his wife's move to memory care. He enjoys being able to continue to visit her and see's first hand how our staff provides excellent care.

A great place!

We toured this community and it had a lot to offer. They have lots of activities and the staff are very nice. They have been open longer than other communities in the area but they keep the community clean. Mom was on the waiting list but another community, also great, opened up first.

We moved him there, and they kicked him out!!

Caring For My Dad Well

My Father has adjusted well to this community and I am pleased. This is a lovely community and everything looks nice and pretty clean. There are some good staff members and some not so good one's . He has gone on a few outing trips, so they do offer good activities. The food is nice, they do serve a well balanced meals. It has been good experience and they are caring for my father well. I would recommend it.

Friendly, communicative staff!

Our experience with Southview Assisted Living has been a very good one, so far! The staff is communicative and friendly, and we really appreciate how well they keep us in the loop. They also made the whole move-in process very easy! The facility itself is bright, clean, and well kept, and our loved one seems to have settled in well.

Great Home and very friendly staff

Rated care services lower than what I probably should have, but there is a problem with providing some service that was promised.

great

The place is clean, smells good, food is great, staff is very nice. And the price is reasonable,nough said.

Great place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Southview Assisted Living! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the place just has a comfortable, homey feel. Everyone here is very friendly, and they do a great job looking out for the residents. I highly recommend it!

Great place for my dad

We really like it for my father. They are very kind, clean, and caring for him. The facilities are very nice. They include my dad in the activities, even if they aren't in the memory care center. He is safe in the memory care unit. I also like that he has his own room.

Great place to put a loved one in.

We love this place for My Dad with Alzheimer, they have a fare price and the facility is in god shape. So far the staff has been great with the exception of three young ladies that work the evening shift/ They made us feel unwelcome when we went to spend time with our Dad and not friendly at all. I also walked out of the place with my dad without sighing him out and in, cause there wasn't anyone there to watch the front desk at 7:00pm and returned at 9:30pm. with the exception of these bad apples the place and the staff is great.

No openings currently. Apartments are NOT furnished, rentals are on a month to month basis. Pet friendly. Studios and 1BR units with kitchenette - 3 sizes each. Monthly rent ranges from [removed] to [removed] plus ala carte services. Rent includes utilities, housekeeping, 2 loads of laundry per week, cable TV (not phone), 3 meals daily

Excellent - Lisa is SO nice and the place seems to be HIGHLY EFFICIENT, CLEAN = TOTALLY TOGETHER!

They were incredible

This is one of the places we considered when we were looking for options. They were incredible, I really liked them, unfortunately they didn't have any rooms available, and we went with another community that we love. But this was very impressive.

A truly wonderful facility. Treated my father with dignity and respect, right up to the very end.

Place is nice, but there is...

Place is nice, but there is an additional cost for all assistance with medicine, etc.

A work in progress.

It's definitely what we were looking for as far as assisted living. The place is clean, and the executive staff is all very friendly. They must have had a lot of turnover or not enough staff because weekends have been very difficult to get set up to go forward for the next week. The scheduling is off, she gets medications late sometimes or won't get a shower maybe. They don't seem to have very agressive physical therapy, from what I can see. The communication among the staff is not really good. They are a pretty new community. We chose them because everything looked so terrific, and we heard others loved it. The food gets repititious, but I would give them probably a four.

Did not have a good experience

This facility was very nice looking, and the staff were very friendly. The issue we ran into was I believe they either underestimated my loved ones care needs or overestimated their ability to look out for her. We had mostly good experiences here, until my loved one suffered a fall which resulted in a serious injury. It was a very negative experience that I feel could have been prevented by properly assessing her needs in the first place. After that we moved her to a community that provides a higher level of care, and feel she is much safer for it.

Higher Care Needs

I didn't like that one because it's very institutional looking. It’s like a hospital. It’s very grim and it's just looked like nobody was happy in there. I might have got them at a bad time but I just wasn't prepared to see that. That’s more severe care. That’s what a real nursing home is. It looked clean and everything but I guess it’s probably not Southview’s fault. It’s more my problem. Actually, that’s probably exactly the kind of place we need soon. I was just not prepared to see that. I am going to revisit Southview, now that I am thinking about it and now that I’m more accepting of what's happening with my mom. I need to go and look at it with new eyes.

Of course everything is bra...

Of course everything is brand new. Just beautiful. Residents were out and about participating. Liked that very much.

Wonderful!

My father was placed there and the staff was very patient with him as he tried to make the transition into the memory care. They worked very closely with my mother to give the best care to him. Unfortunately after about 2 months he had a fall. We thought it was a minor one but the physician there noticed that he was not as coherent as usual and proactively sent him to the hospital. The hospital told us that he would not be able to return to Southview but when I called Southview they said he could absolutely come back and enter into the hospice program. My mother and I were ecstatic about that because the thought of trying to move him again was overwhelming. The staff was very supportive and the atmosphere of Southview is bright and cheery.

Welcome to Southview Assisted Living & Memory Care, a homelike retirement community with 103 senior apartments located 10 miles south of St. Louis in Affton, Missouri. Here you or your loved one will receive help with daily living and any needed support for dementia—along with chef-prepared meals, concierge services, and a full slate of social and wellness activities.

Known as the greatest small town this side of the Mississippi, Affton is a family town that people never want to leave. When you come to live with us, you’ll meet many people at Southview who grew up in Affton—and wear red and bleed blue as diehard St. Louis Cardinals fans.