Tesson Heights - Saint Louis, MO

Discover that the sky’s the limit at Tesson Heights, home to Independent Living and Residential Care services in St. Louis. From thoughtfully designed floor plans to the world-class service and myriad recreational and social opportunities, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Our experienced staff specializes in creating tailored care plans that fit individual needs and can assist with a variety of services depending on the care level required. Flexible floor plans give variety and allow residents to choose the apartment that is right for them and their lifestyles. Outside of the apartments, residents discover a warm and inviting atmosphere and an opportunity to make new friends while participating in exercise programs, recreation events and entertainment programming. Our community is close to a number of shopping, dining and entertainment destinations, as well as hospitals for peace of mind. Complimentary transportation can be scheduled from Tesson Heights for residents’ convenience.

My tour

I was not impressed with this community when I visited. It is an older community and it felt dark inside. The staff we met were nice. The community has a nursing home feel and this is not what we were looking for.

Good Tour, But Institutional Vibe

I had a pretty good tour of this community. From what I saw this is a clean community. The staff was kind to my family,and I. It was a good experience, but this community had more of an institutional feel to it. I didn't think this would be the right fit for my uncle, and his needs.

A community for care

I toured this community for care. The staff is nice. The community was bigger then what we wanted We wanted a smaller community for her to be able to get around.They offer a nice list of activities that she may have liked. We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a family member.

My mom's care

The care at this community. The community we like for being so clean inside and outside. The variety of the meals are good but maybe little improvements. She is active with the other residents She likes being able to get her nails done and small trips away from the community. I would recommend this community to other families for one price and the caring staff.

Working Out Well

Everything is working out very well for my parents with their move to this community. They have settled into the community very well. They have a good staff, and they are caring for them, and their needs very well. All is well for my parents at this community, and I would recommend it.

Mom is Well

My mother is doing well since her move to this community. She is happy, and I'am pleased.

Kind Tour

We had an nice tour of this community. All went well, and everyone was very kind, and friendly.

Our first meeting was over a holiday weekend and we met with the director, [Removed]. My husband was very, very impressed with her grasp of everything, especially finances. On my mother-in-law's second day, a sprinkler fitting burst in the apartment above hers, which necessitated a move to another apartment. [Removed] spent hours working with staff that day (Saturday) to help us -- even vacuuming the newly renovated apartment herself. Our first 24 hours were rough, but my mother-in-law has settled in happily and loves her caretakers in assisted living. My husband has been very pleased with the staff and their response to his many queries. So far, so good.

Very Nice Tour, Nice Community

I told this community for my father and his needs. The tour went well. Everyone was friendly, and kind to my family and myself. The community looked nice and clean from what I saw. The staff was friendly. My questions were answered, and they were very informative as well. It was a nice experience.

Sad, just sad

Not a good.place for family.....The administrator is more concerned with how much she can get out of residents.....charges for every little thing. Management has their staff doing everything but taking care of the residents, that they pay for. They charge for extra care but neglect fiving that extra care. Staff works on a skeleton crew or at times even less. I see staff running around like they just cant keep up. And never see the nurses out lending a hand. Management is only worried about how much they can bring in for the company regardless of the care of your family memeber. Im sure you get the jest of Tesson Heights from this.

The staff were nice!

I was not impressed with this community. This is an older building and the carpet looked worn. We were looking for a first floor walkout apartment and they did not have this available.

Staff is very friendly !!

I am very pleased with the staffing in this community. They are always very helpful with all of my needs and constantly making sure I am comfortable. Housekeeping does a great job on helping me keep my room and bathroom clean as well as taking out my trash. The meals are the only thing I have a complaint about, they could use some improvement.

people there were very friendly and helpful to my mother and myself.

They were very cooperative, and helpful.

They were very cooperative, and helpful. The people were very friendly. They did a good job with their evaluations. I moved two family members in there. They were able to evaluate one member while they were in rehab, so they really did help me out. We were very happy with them.

I believe I chose the best place for my father-in-law !

Tesson Heights is a little dated, and kind of has an institutional feel. The service and the people are good. It was a good experience for us.

Terrible

This was an inappropriate place for my parents, but they assured us at the family meeting that it was perfect. My mother has dementia, and my father was getting progressively ill with heart failure. Very little attention, staff acted like they did not communicate. My mother is a fall risk, and she fell 7 times while there. They did offer extra help for an additional 250. 00 a week, but it was very sporadic and at times non existent. felt they were signed up to get that money, they had to leave within a month.

Couldn't have found a better place for mom.

Mom recently moved into Tesson Heights. They have outstanding nursing mangers Rick and Latoya. Mom really didn't won't to leave home. Latoya was so nice when she came to visit before she moved and made mom comfortable enough to give it a try. The Managers followed up personally for the 1st week for so to make sure she was adjusting well. Every staff member has been nice to my mother. The apt has room for most of mom's things to make it feel like home. I see that they have remodeled the building recently and its very nice inside. Thank everyone for the great care you give my mother. I recommend tesson to families go are looking for a place that provide quality care.

Nice rooms-has been remodeled

They just remodeled it so it is really nice. My mother in law room is nice.

A Great Job

They have been very well. The physical therapist is doing a great job. They have been easy to contact, if I have question they are always there to answer them. They are very helpful and I appreciate everything they've done.

Friendly, helpful staff

They do an excellent job overall at Tesson Heights! It's a nice looking, clean place, and they take very good care of the people who live here. The staff is friendly and professional, and they gave me a lot of guidance and advice when it came to my loved one's memory issues.

Very satisfied with Tesson Heights

We are very satisfied with Tesson Heights. The apartment is the perfect size and comfortable, with modern amenities. Food is good as are the activities. I think it is also a great value too. My mother was able to stay in the area with familiar surroundings. The building has privacy and is surrounded by trees and green space. I would not hesitate to recommend.

feels like home

We have had a very positive experience with Tesson Heights and would highly recommend them. We chose them because as soon as we walked in the place it felt like home. It has a very homey atmosphere and is run as such. The staff there are all very nice and really get to know the residents and their families by name. We have been very pleased.

nice place for dad

Food is very good. Staff is friendly. Doing some remodeling after it is finished I'd give them all 5 stars.

It was a good place just my mom wasnt happy their and would rather be at home but I would recommended the place to anyone.

The place is clean and care is provided but spotty. They seem to be understaffed. Other than that we have been pleased.

We are very happy with Tesson Heights

We are very happy with Tesson Heights. They were a lot more reasonable than a lot of the other places, by several thousand dollars. They were comparable in quality, and they offered even more amenities than some of the more expensive places. Their food is excellent, and the waitstaff are so good, and friendly. The social aspect is wonderful, and all of the staff are wonderful.

Going well so far

We placed our loved one here, and so far everything seems to be going well, we haven't had any complaints.

good value

Tesson Heights is a good value for the price. It is a little less expensive than other places we have had experience with, and for the price I think we are getting a really good value.

One area I can think of where they could improve is with the activities. It would be good if they had a wider selection of activities to get the residents engaged in.

Staff is very nice

I like the facility. The staff is very nice and they call you when they have a question. My aunt stays here. The only thing is that when my aunt wants to sit by the window and there is no one else in the room, when she asks if she can sit there, they say no. I don't know why. I'm sure there is a reason. We are very happy with a place for mom for recommending us. We would not have found them otherwise.

Take the Tour - You'll Love This Place

I am so grateful that Tesson Heights exists. It has become home for my parents who left their home of 40+ years just six weeks ago. Their apartment is spacious enough to allow them to have brought some of their favorite furnishings, but it's not so big that they find getting around tiring. The common facilities are spotless and homey, and the dining room is as nice as any restaurant. I hear the food is excellent. It's so nice to see my parents finally living a life free of the concerns of household maintenance. It's the best move we could have made.

Great Security! Thanks ---"A Place for Mom" !

I like the facility the people are very nice. They call me anytime they have a problem with Louise. But they tend to be a little harsh when they try to correct her but it may be what they need to do given certain circumstances. Their security is great. They had a bit of an incident one day with a man walking in there with a gun and they immediately locked down all doors which I thought was great. A Place for Mom was great in helping us find this place and they did a great job for us.

Not impressed

This was one of the locations we looked at while looking into senior living for a loved one. It was not one we were particularly impressed with. It was a smaller community, and we didn't see many residents around during the tour. It was also a bit further from family than we were wanting to look.

Satisfied and Happy Customer

My mother wanted to stay in the Affton, Missouri area.
Although she has only been their a week, we can all tell she is happy and satisfied with being at Tesson Heights. It seems to be a good fit for our mother.

Great place. Susan Chablis was very h...

Great place. Susan Chablis was very helpful.

Not accredted for Assisted ...

Not accredted for Assisted Living. More independant living or residential care. I believe my Mother falls inbetween.

Really like the feel of this place an...

Really like the feel of this place and they said they are getting skilled care set up there within a year...this place would be so close to me

Liked very much, but it looks like sh...

Liked very much, but it looks like she needs more help.

Although we liked Tesson Heights, the...

Although we liked Tesson Heights, they told us because mom could not make the Pathway to Safety, she was not able to stay there.

Very nice, active, spacious,social,

Very nice, active, spacious,social,

It is a nice place but am very concer...

It is a nice place but am very concerned about the stove in every room.

This one is closest to our house and ...

This one is closest to our house and according to the packet, will meet the needs of my mother right now and possibly in the future. I toured back in the fall and really liked the place. I will make a contact again in the future when a decision has to be made. My wife's mother is not able to be in assisted living at the present time.

Not as clean as you would expect.

Not as clean as you would expect.