Charter Senior Living of St. Louis Hills - Saint Louis, MO

Provision Living of St Louis Hills provides assisted living and memory care to their residents. We are proudly located within walking distance from Francis Park which offers trails for walking and many shopping opportunities. Our location in Saint Louis, Missouri also is located near Forest Park, Grant's Farm and several History and Art museums. We are known for our affordable and comfortable lifestyle. We provide twenty-four hour staff, weekly housekeeping, scheduled transportation, restaurant style meals, medication reminders and management, and wellness programs for all residents. Each studio apartment provides your loved one with their own bathroom, kitchenette, storage space and large picture window. Your family member or loved one will feel at home here because we focus on ability not disability and devise a personal active care plan for each resident. Memory loss can be frustrating to our residents so we work hard to develop a routine for each resident. We only provide the amount of care your loved one needs so they can maintain their independence. We will adjust the amount of care your loved one requires while living here to provide the proper amount of care. We proudly provide a library, business center, laundry facilities, barber shop, beauty shop, multimedia room and a concierge service to all residents. There are social activities that the residents can participate in to develop friendships with other residents. Socializing is important to senior citizen to assist with the companionship needed as we age. Socializing has been proven to help with mental illness and physical illnesses.

We Needed More Convenience

I had a tour of the community but I had to consider the distance, it was far from me. I take my husband to doctor appointments and going out to him was not going to work. I wanted to make it convenient for the family to visit him too.

The staff at Provision supported us through one of the most difficult decisions that we have ever had to make. Not only is the staff awesome but the facility is first rate. We feel very blessed to make Provision Living my grandfather's new home.

My Grandfather's good care

I am happy with knowing that the care from this community is very good. We like the staff who are caring and attentive. I have had meals at this community and they are very good. It's nice to know that my grandfather is involved with a lot of activities. I would recommend the care of this community to other families.

Over the top staff!!

Things are going very well for my loved one since her move into this community. They have a good staff there with low turnover rates. The staff there seem to engage with the residence. I would absolutely recommend this facility to anyone looking because they are accessable, I can talk to them dont have to go through a lot of peopel. The doctor is proactive. The soxialization is the best part for her. They bring her down for meals in her wheelchair and her socializes with the other residents. I have not seen anything I didn't like, the place is clean ad the meals are very good.

Lots of Activities

My mother is still adjusting to this community, but so far everything is working out well. I know she is receiving good care. They have a good staff at this facility. They are caring for her, and her needs very well. The community is well-kept, they do a good job with the cleanliness. There are plenty of activities available for the residents. The meals are good for the most part. This is a community I would highly recommend, it is a nice place.

Small rooms!

I liked the Provision Living at St Louis Hills. Everyone was friendly and the place was nice, but I did not like the fact that the rooms were as small as studio apartments. Other than that, I really liked the place.

My Visit To The Community!

This is a very nice elegant community. It was a little to expensive for us. The staff I met were nice and the community seemed clean. The food looked good.

Not what they sold us. Disappointing. It's a for profit business but they are ruthless.

This facility was recommended by a neighbor who placed her mother here and says she gets very good care. Overall, it seemed a little dark inside and offered very little outdoor space. They are undergoing renovation so maybe lighter colors and new carpets will give it a more uplifting feel. It used to be a hotel so it still maintains a similar atmosphere. Staff was pleasant and kindly when they interacted with the residents. I will follow up with our neighbor for more personal insight.

Old building, little individual care

Not horrible, but not outstanding. My Mom's lived here since 2010. She's pretty independent, but seriously visually impaired. There is NOTHING for her to do here - no assistance of any kind for activities. (And activities are limited, to begin with - seems to be bingo and a craft now and then.) And ZERO personal attention - like someone coming to get her for the social gatherings. (It's not like she can read the notices...) I've asked - FOR YEARS - for someone to check on her in hot weather, because she gets very confused and sick in the heat. At least a dozen times I've been over there and her room was 85 degrees or more. (The units are individually controlled, and she turns off the AC when she gets "cold." Then she forgets she did that.) For an efficiency apartment, (with stained carpet and a gross bathtub) and meals - the price is ridiculous. Over $3,000 a month. And the two old, rickety elevators are hot, small and almost impossible for other residents to get a wheelchair or walker over the threshold.

waiting for a reimbursement

I am not too happy with Provision Living at St Louis Hills. I am waiting for a reimbursement right now. Mom was going to move in under level 2 care but immediately needed memory care. Well, they didn't have any openings in memory care so we were unable to keep her at Provision. No one will call me back about my reimbursement. I am put out with them. It has been 3 weeks. I was going to see about getting her back in this facility when they had availability but now I am not sure since they wont even call me back. The building is old. The apartment she was going to live in was very nice though. They had new carpet and paint. They did waive the 30 day notice. I will give them that. I don't want to completely bash them.

Mixed experience

Our experience with Provision Living was somewhat mixed. While I think it seems like a nice enough place, and would probably work well for someone with fewer care needs, things did not work out for our loved one here. I think they oversold or overestimated the care they are able to provide, as we ended up needing to move to a higher skilled facility not long after moving our loved one here.

Great place

Our mother is in the memory care unit. Whenever we visit, she is dressed well, her bed made, etc. She cannot do these things by herself any longer. All of the staff is friendly and she always eats all of her meals. Says the food is good. Her room is a great size compared to other places we visited. We think it is a very nice place.

helpful helping

They were very helpful helping us getting things set up quickly and making it a smooth transition. They are very polite. My aunt has dementia, and is a little different anyway, so I am not sure that they have completely adapted their care to what she needs yet, but she's only been there a few weeks, so they are still working out the kinks.

A Place for Mom put me in touch with the perfect place for Daddy.

I was connected to Provision Living St. Louis Hills through a Place for Mom. When I called, I was in a panic about figuring out how to get my daddy the help that he needed.

I have them my specifications and found Provision Living to be the best choice in all categories! My daddy, and our entire family felt welcomed and at home not only by the caring and friendly staff, but also by the friendliness of the other residents.

After a week or so, the staff and residents not only knew my daddy, but they knew his family and grandchildren.

I would recommend Provision Living to anyone who was looking for top care for their loved one!

Review of Provision Living at St Louis Hills Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Saint Louis, MO

This was very good for my husband. However his stay was short as his Alzheimer's disease progressed rapidly with complications and he died on July 23, 2014. I was very pleased with this facility. Now interested in Independent Living

After two weeks of Mom living in the ...

After two weeks of Mom living in the Memory Unit at Provision Living, we are very impressed with the professionalism and loving care she is receiving. The staff are considerate and go out of their way to help the residents. They report that she interacts with them and is settling into her life there. We are very grateful for this new home for Mom.

I wish this place more/larg...

I wish this place more/larger open space. Did not see staff led activities during my visits but they were at meal time. I did meet staff very sweet. Came back on my own Sun dinner time, wondered around to re-look. Concierge was very friendly, open, helpful. I need to review rooms one more time. I am taking Dad for assessment, lunch and tour.

Great place!

This is a very nice place! The staff are friendly, and very attentive. They've got all kinds of activities and outings to keep everyone entertained, and my loved one really liked the food! If I could give them higher than a 5 for value I would!

Beautiful facility. Tenants...

Beautiful facility. Tenants seemed happy and I like that they were called by name so it was personal interaction. Very informative. Enjoyable visit!

A wonderful place for dad!

My father and I toured Provision Living and several others around the 63119 zip code where I live with my family. I had moved him from his home to an apartment close to me so that I would be closer to help him more often. After about three months, I realized that because of memory issues, it was no longer healthy for him to live alone.

After a few days, the staff and residents not only knew my dad, but they knew his family. He can participate as little or as much as he prefers in activities. The staff keeps a close eye on its residents to make sure that all of their needs are met. Questions and concerns are always addressed and resolved in a friendly concerned manner.

We have no regrets for choosing Provision Living. It has truly become home for my dad. He is thriving and very happy with his new lifestyle of freedom, with some help when he needs it!

Not apartment type. Small r...

Not apartment type. Small room for just a small bed. Small closet. No outdoor area accessable from inside for residents to enjoy fresh air. Niccole was very nice and informative. Pleasant employees. Did not see residents involved in any activities at the time I visited.

Provision Living

Hello, and thanks for visiting our community! Just to clarify a few points about Provision Living at St. Louis [removed]
Our apartments are primarily private studios, and that can seem like a big adjustment if you're moving from a private residence. For those who try it for a month, however, they quickly realize that the apartment is their "private space" and they tend to enjoy more time in common spaces.

There is a lovely outdoor patio space under the shade of a big cypress tree just off of the main floor. It has raised gardens, seating for individuals or groups, and privacy, so you may not have seen it from the street or parking lot.

Activities are scattered throughout the day and evening, but there are also times of welcome quiet. It sounds like you visited during a quiet time, so we encourage you to attend a happy hour or other activity--just give Niccole a call and she can set it up!