We put Mom in for four week to take a little break. I was very please and everyone was great. Plan on doing it again.

Home Away from Home

In the Summer of 2015, my Father passed away after 3 months of hospitalization. He was my Mother's true love, soulmate and caregiver as he was 86 and she was 92. At the time, Mother had Neuropathy in her feet and legs and was beginning to be a little forgetful. When he passed, she was broken hearted and went into a full depression, experiencing confusion and loss of memory. We placed her in assisted living there in N.C. but after 6 months with no improvement; decided to move her here to be closer to family. From the day she arrived, the staff of Southerland ranging from nurses and caregivers to the administration took her in like an Aunt who had just relocated to Brentwood. She felt loved and cared for right from the very start. There are always caregivers on duty and at least one nurse at all times. This gives us all a great sense of security. The dining hall is nice and central offering a home style atmosphere and there is a Salon as well as an Events planner who plans something for everyone. On days my Mother wants to stay in her room, they come and visit with her. Our family loves having Mother close. She enjoys having her very own studio apartment knowing she is only five minutes from her family. We appreciate having Southerland to care for Mother and to help guide us through this stage of her life. We have gone from keeping her safe and comfortable to her participating in Sittersize classes, hair appointments and musical entertainment. Southerland Place is a God send and there are some Angels working there.

Everyone was very nice

Everyone was very nice at Southerland Place. They were attentive taking care of her. Her health was declining though and she was only there a week and passed away. I was just fine with this facility.

We have been very pleased with it.

We have been very pleased with it. They have done a very good job. We have recommended them to several other people. A Place For Mom was really helpful in finding this and we have recommended them to others as well. I would rate them very highly.

They have really treated my mother well.

I'm real satisfied with it. They have really treated my mother well. She has enjoyed the food. I can't think of anything that needs to be improved. They are up and down the halls checking on people all the time. That really means a lot to me.

Overall Good Place

My loved one is in Southerland Place. He is a dementia patient, however there is no memory care unit. He seems to be doing quite well under the circumstances. The food is good and he has gained weight since moving there. He is a wanderer and the staff is addressing that issue. Since I live in Florida and he is in Tennessee, it is quite difficult for me to review the community. From what my family reports, he is adjusting fine there.

Not impressed

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I was not impressed by what I saw here. The furniture and decor felt old and run down, and the person that we spoke with did not seem very knowledgeable about the field. They were also sporadic and inconsistent when it came to subsequent communications.

Southerland felt like "home"

My mother spent the last 4 years of her life at Southerland Place, following a move to Nashville when she was 100 years old. She was physically already quite debilitated, wheelchair bound, and needing assistance with everything except feeding herself. In spite of that, she was made to feel a part of the community, lauded for her spunk and longevity, treated with respect, and became a part of the Southerland "family" which all of us family members have experienced with each other and our loved ones. The staff were always caring and upbeat, bringing a sense of joy with their caring. She had a lovely large room which we decorated with all her needlework, her quilts, photos, and adequate furnishings to provide familiarity and comfort. She passed away at 104+ years, with a gentle winding down only in the last two weeks of her life. Within a few months, it was necessary for my husband to move into my mother's old room due to his worsening dementia and inability to walk. Since he has been there, he has received adequate care, with the same degree of friendliness and love for him expressed by the staff, as they had for my mother. It is very difficult to care for dementia patients, and I have seen the gamut of severity there from mild disorientation problems to total incapacity, yet they handle all with care and respect. We started out at another facility for my mother when we arrived in Nashville, but rapidly found that their primary interest was money, so we looked far and wide and found Southerland Place, which felt the most like "home."

Great long term care

Abby, the director is fantastic, has a nursing background, and is very helpful. The staff really seems to care for all the residents. The services Southerland Place can provide for long term care is important to my family.

very kind and caring

One thing that could be better is that the nurses could be a little more proactive instead of reactive in dealing with issues that come up, from a medical perspective. The staff is very kind and caring. It's a comfortable place, very home-like.

Very Pleased

We are very pleased with the level of care and the attention my husband is receiving at Southerland Place. He is adapting well and generally seems to be content. The professionals and staff are very caring and attentive.

Wonderful facility! I fully trust the...

Wonderful facility! I fully trust the staff of Southerland Place to take great care of my mom

Great place

Awesome place for those seniors who are not able to live in assisted living but not to that point of a nursing home. It is perfect for for everything in between. Abby is amazing and food is spectacular as we know that is REALLY important to those residence. Cami the NP is the best, really on top of keeping the residents care at the forefront.

Toured and I was not impressed. The d...

Toured and I was not impressed. The director did not shake my hand. The residents did not look happy. Very pricey for what you get.

I'm very pleased with Southerland Pla...

I'm very pleased with Southerland Place. The director is trustworthy and very caring. I appreciate that she is a nurse who had been involved in elder care for many years. I feel like my parents are in good hands and am glad to have found a community where they can live together and remain there for the rest of their lives.

Good alternative to your typical nursing home

It's a much smaller place and it was lovely. The administration was great, if we had to move her this is where we would definitely look. We haven't presonally had anyone living there but just from seeing it and talking to them we thought it would be a wonderful palce for her and an alternative to a nursing home (I think that's their marketing slogan) because her mind is still great, she is still very sharp and it would crush her to put her in your typical nursing situation and that's what we've been in search of.

Aunt Lived There

My aunt was there. They'd lose things but I think that happens everywhere. My aunt did not like it at all. She had come from assisted living where she could do what she wanted but she reached a point where she couldn't walk like she used to and was falling. She went the hospital and the assisted living she was in wouldn't let her come back so we had to move her.

Nice but Expensive

This place is a is a little more expensive than the place that we chose for my mom. It's in a more expensive part of town and the monthly fee was more. Other than that I didn't see any difference. It was very nice and clean. It was also farther away, so geographically it wasn't good for us.

Not impressed. Too much like a nursi...

Not impressed. Too much like a nursing home for our needs. Community needs cosmetic updates. No kitchen facilities in any rooms.

very impressed with capabilities

very impressed with capabilities

The emphasis at Southerland Place is on independence and freedom of choice in an elegant atmosphere of subtle taste and charm.Our personal care residence is a place you can call home….with complete confidence that your medical and personal assistance needs will be met, and that your dignity will be respected at all times by caring, professional staff.You and your loved ones will also appreciate the assurance of knowing we provide an environment of safety and security.We invite you to call or visit Southerland Place today, where security, peace of mind and independence blend beautifully to provide the gracious living you deserve.