Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center - Plainsboro Township, NJ

Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center - Plainsboro Township, NJ has yet not published prices.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

It's very clean and quiet. The physical therapist is phenomenal. The staff is very attentive and she feels like she is very cared for. When she came they had to lift her in and out of bed. After a week she can get up on her own. They do not let her lay in bed all day. The therapist was so upbeat and positive. He was phenomenal and he did everything with her attentively and warmly. The staff are very gentle, organized and scheduled. They get her up in the mornings. They are warm and friendly, with big smiles that light up. I think that I was really impressed with the care plan meeting, the second day she was there. The doctor called to chat and then again to get more information. The two nurses have met are phenomenal. If you ask for something they make sure someone will help you right away. It's very, very clean. It does not smell like a hospital or a place for aging people. They come in they do the floor. I have been impressed with how clean it is.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

Every time I call, someone speaks to me right away and finds time and do well explaining things to me and giving me updates. The nurses do well.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The food is good, the nurses are nice, and it's a clean place. They have her up and walking. Everyone is nice, they call with updates. They stay in touch with us and keep us informed, we have received several calls and had a care meeting. She says the food is good.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

Everyone is nice. I think it is good care and they are doing their best. Their communication is good. We are generally pro-active about asking questions.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The staff is friendly and attentive, prompt and accommodating. They've been making him comfortable there. It's very clean. Many of the nurses and nursing supervisors are great. They do very good to keep you informed, especially the nursing department. The food is not the best, it's bland and has no flavor, and it's unsightly.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

Everyone is knowledgeable and friendly. The place does not have a real good security though. They are very pleasant. I have seen they come through every day and clean. Everybody is pretty cool. They are very verbal. All of the staff are very communicative. So far the nurses seem knowledgeable. I like the head nurse. Meals are okay. They do not have a lot of options compared to other facilities.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The nursing care is very good. My dad loves the food! Room is very nice. They are doing therapy in bed, and the therapists are very nice. I like the nurses and therapists. The room is messy though.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

My mom's happy! Everything seems to be very clean and she likes the food okay. The rehab is very good. She was concerned with the stairs at her house but I believe they are getting her setup to accommodate her.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

Overall it's been a good experience at Merwick. Some of the aides have a poor attitude. Communication is an area the facility has not done well in. Since her admission, I have only been reached out to by the physical therapist and the social worker. I have not been contacted at all by the facility's physician.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The facility is very well maintained. I get an answer right away to my questions. My loved one had a fall but was not injured. They called me right away. He is doing better in rehab. The person who walks around who is a liaison between patients and family members is great. Every time I am there, his room and bathroom is clean. He does not like the food at all though.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The staff is very friendly. It is very clean, and the bathroom is clean. We like the meals, and their communication with us is great. People are late when we call for assistance. They do give very good care.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

My loved one is getting very good care. The one thing that needs improvement is the food. Our nurse practitioner is really good. The common areas, and bathrooms visitors use are not always clean. The food is not very good and not a lot of selection.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

It was pretty clean. The therapist was remarkable. It's not very great overall. It's very noisy and loud all day and all night. The food was terrible no matter what it was. They had warm water only and not tea or coffee even when ask for it. The nurses came to check when you did not need them. When I called them they did not come and were not very helpful. When had to go to the bathroom and they did not come so went by himself and he fell.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

It is a great place for my mom and I am glad that she is there. Certain individuals are just lazy and it is sad because it is the best place in the county. The administrative staff is on point and they are good. Some CNAs are lazy and housekeeping can be lazy. Recently in the last month it has been cleaner.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

It's clean. My loved one does not like the meals, though.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The PT therapists are the stars of the facility. The staff are very good, they try and they are pleasant. The aides have a really bad attitudes, like they are doing you a favor and it is very disconcerting. The food is atrocious.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

I feel as though my mom is well cared for and her needs well met. I recommend going there to other people. Rehab is good but she would like more therapy. Everyone there could improve with their communication. I do not think it is forthcoming. You have to ask the right questions to get an answer.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

It's nice. The staff care is very good and this is my first experience at a rehab. The guest services manager was the first person I met and she's exceptional.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

Merwick is very professional, clean and informative. The nurses are very thoughtful and caring. I'm totally satisfied. The food looks good. The staff are all equally informative.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

Short-term. We have been pleased with our experience at the facility so far. The only drawback is the food. It's typical institutional food. We have it narrowed down so that any requests we make for food from the facility is very basic and hard to mess up.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

It has been excellent! This facility offers Chinese speaking staff members which has made communication for my mother so much easier. Also, the staff has been very good about providing updates and information for me regarding my mother's care. We're very happy with this facility!

I'd recommend Merwick!

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The people are responsive. They set up the meeting for discharge. The doctor was very helpful with the information. It looks beautiful. The food is good. My mom does not speak English and there is a nurse who spoke her language. They need to double check where the patient needs to be picked up after appointments.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

My loved one is receiving very good care so far and he likes the food. The therapy is good and they come to the room if he is too tired. So far it's been very good nursing care. He gets along with the staff and they are very nice. They keep it pretty neat and do the floors and everything.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The rehab program at this facility is one of the main reasons we chose it. The dietary staff as a whole could use some improvement - they seem to always be in a hurry. Often times they will drop the tray on the table without asking if everything is correct (and more often than not it is incorrect).

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

My loved one thought the physical and occupational therapy was very good. She said everything seemed fine. She told them she is a vegetarian and they brought her something else to eat.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

From what my loved one has told me it is average. We have no complaints. They are trying hard to motivate her in therapy and get her moving. The nurses are good. Always room for improvement. I've had visits and they were welcoming. She's had more visitors than chairs and one of the nurses gave up her chair for them. It's pretty clean and did not have any smells. That was a good thing. She has complained about the food. But it does not have salt like she would want. It looked adequate when I was there.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

Everyone is great. The nurses are decent. The nurses, staff, and social workers all communicate very well.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

It is a little difficult to rate because my husband was only at the facility briefly before going to the hospital. But overall, we were satisfied with the facility and found it to be very clean and friendly.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

It's pretty good, nice and clean. Sometimes the nurses are not available but not that often. We are pretty satisfied. Dad is making progress and getting better which is good. Overall the staff care is good. They're definitely friendly and very nice people. Any time I have issues I talk to a nurse and they are cooperative.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

There have been some minor communication mix ups. By and large we are happy with the care. The rehab is excellent.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

My loved one is quite pleased and has been there before. The therapists were very attentive and pushed him to do things he did not want to do which is great. Now and again he has to go see the doctor and they are delayed and it creates anxiety. He says the food better than when he was there a few years ago. The nurses are good. They actually phone me and let me know what's going on.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

Night noise makes it hard to sleep. The staff is friendly. He likes the food.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The social worker is good. It is clean. There have just been little things like when she is left alone in the hallway.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

They are good. She is doing a lot of complaining because she cannot go to the day room with the other patients because of her virus. The staff act like she is contagious. The nurses are good. I like the head nurse a lot.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

She did not get her medications until the next day because of the hospital. It is not the facility's fault. They do not call me to tell me what is going on. The doctor would not tell me much. He said he did not know. I will sit there for hours waiting to help after ringing the call light. The meals are good though.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

In general she is finding it difficult and they are not taking her to the bathroom quick enough. She is doing very good in rehab. We like the therapist. The nurses come and give her the medicine. They do come and clean but there are a lot of flies in the place. She does not go to the dining area. She is a vegetarian and she keeps telling them this. They gave her fish. We are having a meeting soon though.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

Merwick is a good rehab.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

She likes the therapists and they work with her well. There was some adjustment problems on the night shift. They would just close the door and turn off the lights and then she would call me at 2:00 in the am. One doctor on staff has been good at communicating with me. She still has some issues with wound management but I am pleased.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

This lower rating is mostly in part due to the food. The therapy program is outstanding, I would definitely recommend it. My father and I have really enjoyed the Occupational Therapist as well as the Physical Therapist. The care he has received has been very good! I do feel as though I have to be present and active for him to receive the right amount of care. It is not that the nurses are not helpful - I just feel as though they are spread thinly so I have to be a little more vocal. Some of the staff is extremely nice and others are not as friendly or warm. Not that the care is not good - this is just more of me having to put more of an effort in to engage with these staff members. The meals have been horrendous. They are never hot. Sometimes lukewarm and other times cold. The language barrier makes it difficult because at times I cannot quite understand what they are trying to communicate. This worries me because I feel as though they may not completely understand what I am trying to communicate in regard to my father's care. Also, I have to be more assertive with the doctors and nurses to receive information.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

They've been doing very well. My loved one is very happy with the rehab. The meals are mediocre at best. There have been issues with getting meals in her room.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The staff is great and answers all question. They provide great service and keep the family informed and they are polite. So far it's been great. The rehab is outstanding. My loved one is getting better. They work with him daily and do a very good job. He's eaten very well, it's outstanding. I have heard from every department there.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The place was very clean and the staff were all helpful. She wanted more therapy. The nurses were good. She did not complain about the food.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

It is extremely clean, beyond clean, and it is very nice. I am very impressed with the cardiac doctor and the assistant. The nurses are very nice and the staff care is good.

I'd recommend Merwick.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

It's very good. They speak with my sister directly but they do good with that.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

Most of the staff are great but a few times I had to get help. It is mostly positive and my loved one is doing better and she's happy. Rehab is great and she is adapting to it better. The therapy girl is doing a great job. I like one of the aides and she was small. She was wonderful and she was quick. The food is great. They have adjusted her diet.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

It's very good overall. My loved one has said the rehab therapy is going well. The building is clean, however it does look a little run down.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

At first I did not get answers to my questions. Today there was someone who talks to new arrivals. My loved one says the rehab is excellent. The therapists are sharp and focused. They are right on. We like all of the PT and OT people we have met. He had to ask about his PT or OT. We did not know if they were coming or not. Some of the staff are not pleasant. The staff ratio to patients is not good.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

Rehab is going well. The staff care is okay. Communication is good. It's clean. The meals are good. My loved one had a fall at the facility though.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

Being such a nice facility, I figured the dining experience would be much better than it is. The food is okay but the dining room is not a pleasant space, it does not have tablecloths or other gestures that might make this a more welcoming experience. They were not helping her brush her teeth and other things that she could have definitely used some assistance. I wrote a letter to the DNS. Things seemed to have gotten a little better, however I never heard anything from the DNS personally in response to my letter.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The food was very good, I wished my loved one could eat. She is back at the hospital now. The garbage was not emptied a couple times I was there. I had to ask for water several times and she did not have cleaned sheets.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

Two of the nurses that were on this past Sunday were great. They seemed to be much more on top of it and their communication was better than the other nurses.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

I would recommend Merwick. The facility is attempting to accommodate him but he is being a little difficult about his meals.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

He was at the facility a couple years ago and when we needed rehab again I requested this facility. All the staff is great here! The case manager helps out so much. As matter of fact, she just checked on us about a half hour ago. One of the CNAs has also been very kind and helpful. We were just having lunch together in the dining room and we were both enjoying our meals. They are very good here!

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

My impression is very good. The people are very friendly. It is very clean.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The PT has really helped him and he is progressing nicely. The guest relations manager has been phenomenal with welcoming us here to feel at home here. We like the OT person. However he food is not tasty and there are not a lot of choices. They messed up what he chose to eat.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

On the whole it is very good there. They seem very good. One of the staff members is wonderful. Someone cleans every day. My loved one is a vegetarian and the food is not that good especially the veggie burgers. I wish he were in a room by himself.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The nurses and therapists are great. The food is great. It is very clean. Communication is okay and the social worker has not called me back and the doctor did call me.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

My husband says these are the dearest, sweetest people he has ever met.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

She has been at the facility multiple times. This time is going much better than her prior visits. One of the head supervisors always comes in and checks on her, makes sure she has everything she needs. She is especially helpful. The nursing staff seems to be spending more time with her, giving better care, and being able to handle her condition. She's enjoying the meals. At times she does not receive what she had requested. I have to be proactive about getting information. Sometimes they are able to provide it right then and other times they are not.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

I would recommend Merwick to a friend!

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

My mother is here at the facility and so far everything has gone pretty smoothly for us. The only thing is that the elevators and floors need some more attention. PT/OT are good at calling to give updates on a weekly basis.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

I think most of the caretakers are pretty good but sometimes the clothes have been lost and when he needs a diaper changed there is a delay. He is doing exercises. Rehab is very good. We like the therapist. Some nurses are good and some not so good. He is fully satisfied with the meals.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The staff are quite capable and nice. There some communication issues. He was pretty sick and they said he is fine.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

It has been a short amount of time but everything has been good. The nurses have been excellent.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The nurses are nice but one day parent was in really bad condition but not always like that. one aid did not take care of parent. really clean.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

So far so good. The nurses are great. The staff is wonderful. The meals are pretty good. The best rehab I have seen.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

They are very friendly and it is a new facility. The food is not that great and sometimes the folks came in at 7:45 pm to help her get into bed and that was too early for her and then they did not show up at all to help her the next two nights. She is making progress here. There was one aide who helped.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

She loves the rehab. The doctor called and addressed my concerns. The medications were there the first night. However there have been some misunderstandings. Nurse to patient ratio is really, really high. The nurse line messages box full.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

They are trying to help him out and he is doing better. He misses my mother's cooking and wants to go home. He looks like he is doing better based on what my sister and family has said. They are really helpful. They are trying to help him. They are very friendly over all. He is constantly complaining about the food. He is used to a different kind of food and ethnic food. They had one meeting with my daughter and mom. I cannot say they are keeping us informed. They need to work on that.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

There were a few things that could have been improved. On my few viewings I saw the PT or OT would put him on a bike to peddle and his arms in a circular fashion. The therapist would not pay much attention to him. I am getting mixed feedback. The nurses were adequate and helped solve an issue. They checked on him every half hour because of help getting to the bathroom. They lost his medication as samples from the Urologist. The aides seemed okay. He liked a couple of the aide. Some would smile and were friendly and some would not smile. One lady at the desk never asked can I help you. With meals, he needed more protein. He lost weight every week. The dietitian talked with me and they were concerned. They should have addressed this earlier. The people in the dining room were friendly. The guest relations director was helpful. Some of the therapists give me updates and some do not. They were supposed to call us and have not yet.

They seem nice.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

They need more communication among themselves. Had requested baths from 2 to 3 people and no one was doing it cause they thought the other was or something. Really likes it. Very good. She doesn't like the food. They don't tell me anything, nothing.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

It is not what I expected it to be. There is not enough staff and it is stressful but they do their best. They are very nice and cooperative. I spoke with the therapist and she does not speak English and they try their best with her. She is a pure vegetarian and eats Indian food and they do not Indian food. She sends the food back 90 percent of the time. The director was very good with communicating. The staff calls me from time to time with difficulties. They do answer my questions. Most of the staff are nice but it took some effort on my part.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

I think that it's good but at times it could be better.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

They do a remarkable job in therapy. The therapists have made such a progress with him, it has been a miracle. He is going to try and come here as an out patient because he has enjoyed it so much. The care in general is very poor though. I spoke with the nursing supervisor and she was very responsive and took care of our issues. Because of this he wants me to carry out his care for him. The halls are clean but the staff should pay more individual rooms. Meals are cold and he does not get what he would want on his tray. He is on a forced diet there, which is good.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

There are some nice people but there are things she disliked. She really likes the therapy, they're helpful. The staff isn't that friendly. It bothers me when they ignore her. She isn't supposed to help herself but they didn't help, maybe they are short staffed. They didn't give her the right meals, she wasn't happy with what they bought her.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

It is not very good and we have many complaints. Most of the time the doctors are not there. I was there a whole day and did not see any doctor there. He needs his lung treatment and they do not know what they are going to do. They have not called us. We tried all day trying to talk with the doctor. We have to call them for every reason. They do not visit the patient once an hour. We have to call them for help. One CNA is always helpful even if she is not on duty and checks to see if we need anything and has done this a couple of times. The staff are okay but I wish they would do much better. Sometimes we have to wait about a half hour to get changed. They need to have the doctor around to talk with them.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

I had to fight 24-7 to get him the right care. There was no care plan in place. I did speak to the social worker about the concerns I am having and she moved the meeting we were supposed to have. I am an RN myself and I have worked at long term care facilities and I am appalled by the care my husband is receiving from the facility. He did fall and they left me a casual voicemail. There was no communication with the real doctors.

Review of Merwick

It is fine and I am finding out more information soon. The cleanliness seems fine. My loved one is not complaining. I met in the beginning with the nursing director and staff and they introduced themselves with what to expect with the evaluation. I wish someone would call me with more information.

Review of Merwick

I think they are great. It just seems to work and my questions are answered. They are very nice people. It's very clean. The staff seems to always know what's going on.

Review of Merwick

The staff is very attentive. The place is clean. They encourage people to walk around and interact. The food needs to be improved though. My loved one said the soups are good but it is not restaurant quality. It is institutional food. They do not call me at all. I have been the one to make calls. We like the activities person, who called me. I would like more updates.

Review of Merwick

It has been wonderful. The staff is wonderful and now my loved one is walking. It is very clean facility and we are very impressed. She said the food isn't horrible. She said some of the meals were delicious. The communication is good. No one has called to say anything is wrong and the family meeting was very informative with the social worker and PT therapist.

Review of Merwick

My father in law is here and everything is good! No complaints!

Review of Merwick

It is wonderful and this is her second time there. The administrator is great. She is easily approachable and she resolves any issues promptly. We like one of the aides. She is always smiling and helpful. It is nice and clean. I see them cleaning every day. The meals are good and I get guest meals.

Review of Merwick

I would recommend Merwick to a friend.

Review of Merwick

There have been some issues with a few of the aides and dietary stuff but it is going better now. The therapists are doing well and he really likes the therapy. He likes his PT therapists. He raves about them! The nurses are great and very attentive. We like one of the nurses in particular and the night shift aide. Some of the staff are not as friendly as others. It depends on the shift, and he had issues with going to the bathroom and they played a game of roulette with who was going to help him. He told me about this and he spoke with the director about this and it is straightened out now.

Review of Merwick

Merwick is overall very good, especially compared to other facilities. It seems as though there is a divide in care between the permanent nurses and the nurses that are temp. The temps do not know the patients as well, which impacts their care. The permanent nurses do very well with my mother. There are a couple nurses in particular that go above and beyond for my mother's care. When one of the nurses is on, my mom is always extra happy. He is kind, he is caring, and is just an excellent nurse. One of the other nurses is also a very good nurse that works with my mother. The staff are very friendly. They do the best they can with what food they have to work with. I find that the meals are pretty good. The food service staff know what she is likes and do their best to provide meals for her.

Review of Merwick

My father seems very content. He is generally happy and gets attention from a number of different resources. He seems to be getting quite good care. I like one of the nurse practitioners. I have no complaints about the PT and OT and speech therapy. However I called the social worker three times with no response and finally she called me one time and I was not available. I called the nurse practitioner twice and received no call back. I have to pull teeth to get information on his health. The nurses just say he is doing good with no detail.

Review of Merwick

This is a great facility if they could work out the kinks as far as the meals. The therapy services are stellar. Two of the therapists especially played an important role in my wife's rehabilitation. We had a minor glitch with the nursing care and they really worked things out there. It is a very friendly building and top rated. My wife is very picky eater. What we asked for her was not provided. They did a very good job with keeping me informed.

Review of Merwick

The accommodations are very nice and we really liked the doctor. The aides were really great. We were very specific with what he should eat and they did not follow our requests for food.

Review of Merwick

So far it is good. There seems to be a distinction between the day shift and the evening shift. The day shift nurses are much better and very dedicated. They have been very good at communicating with me, especially the doctor.

Review of Merwick

The location and the transportation to and from the hospital are great and I have been able to get hold of people when I need to, but it is not as well staffed with nurses as it could be, so my dad has to wait a long time for things. The nurses are just not very responsive. The care is not as coordinated as I'd like it to be. I've been very impressed by the people in the business office, but some of the nurses can be grumpy.

Review of Merwick

It is very beautiful and clean. She loves the PT and the bed. The therapy is good and she enjoys the sessions. She loves the Guest Relations Manager. She helped with finding her belongings and explained the process and cleared up the confusion and set up the doctor. The doctor visits her regularly to check on her and give her information. The guest relations are good but the staff tending to my mom are a little rough in how they talk to her. They could be more friendly to her. Better bed side manners overall is needed. The food choices are somewhat limited. She talked with the nutritionist about her choices and she is not getting the food she asked for.

Review of Merwick

The therapy is going well. The nurses do a good job. My loved one doesn't like the food though. I mentioned it almost immediately and not much has been done about the issue. At this point, we are bringing food to the facility so she will eat. We also had a problem with the phone in her room. It wouldn't work and the staff couldn't seem to fix the issue. Being able to communicate with her is important to us. They are pretty good about keeping us informed though and they also planned a care conference.

Review of Merwick

The therapists are quite good. That is well run. She never knows her schedule for therapy though. I am under impressed with the responsiveness of the staff after my loved one presses the button for help. They are defensive when I approach them with my concerns. They are not friendly. I have had no response from the attending physician. The nurses' station answered my questions. We like one of the nurses, she is quite nice. One of the staff members has been quite good but the others are lacking in communication and responsiveness. The cleanliness is quite good. My mother has no ability choose what she wants for meals from what I can see.

Review of Merwick

The facility is new but the service needs to improve and I expressed my concerns. I like the coordinator. The rehab is not that great but the therapists are doing good. They nurses are doing a good job. She went through some trauma and they helped with that. They caught the issue in an early stage. I like one of the aides who gave extra help with getting her dressed. Sometimes the aides did not come to help and sometimes they do help. It is a nice room and nice facility. The food does not look very good.

Review of Merwick

It was tough on my mother when she first came in with some of the aides' attitudes but now there are nicer aides. It has changed now. She has new aides now. The therapy is very good and nice. They are doing a good job and she is better now. The staff are welcoming for the most part.

Review of Merwick

It is a very nice facility. It is a fine and is clean. He is not happy with the food though. The nurses were nice. The director was very nice and called me twice. The social worker called to set up a meeting. Other than that no one has called except when my loved one fell. They need to call with updates.

Review of Merwick

I like the director of guest relations, she is extremely responsive and she is excellent. She asks my mom how she is doing. My mom has been in other rehabs and wanted to go back there because of the rehab. I like the therapist and he has done a great job working with her. I had no problem with the care of the nurses and PT but I could not find anyone to ask how my mom is doing and no one is at the nurses' station to ask questions about her medication, on the weekends especially. There were a lot of communication problems. We had a weekly meeting and that is where you can talk to the staff. Weekends are challenging to find someone to answer my questions. During the week it is easier to talk to someone for updates. We have had some issues with getting food she wants. They give sandwiches and hot dogs.

Review of Merwick

It seems like it is understaffed for help from the call light. Some of the CNA's are nice. She has had very little therapy. One of the nurses is not nice and two are nice. She has to eat in bed and I feed her. The meals are okay.

Review of Merwick

Each time I go there I have to tell them what needs to be done. The nurses are okay. The staff is good, I like one of them in particular. They do communicate. The dining is good.

Review of Merwick

It is very clean and the rehab therapy is excellent. But my mother was yelled at by a staff member. She was in pain and I couldn't get anyone to listen to me. She ended up having to go to the hospital where she is currently. You had nice staff members and not so nice staff members. It is very clean. The meals were terrible. We actually had to bring in food for her to eat.

Review of Merwick

The service was pretty bad. The outcome is my stepfather is in the hospital. The nursing care is not good. We had to call repeatedly to get answers regarding his care.

Review of Merwick

My mother loved the rehab and it was phenomenal. The day time nurse was good but when needing help at the desk, they would say go to your own nurse. There were delays and complications with medication, and no response to the call button for help. At the beginning no one gave us a tour. I had to take my mother around to find out where everything was. I got an email from stating the first 24 hours are awkward and I replied that my mother was neglected. I showered my mother and they would just sit on their phones and just talk to one another while the call bells went off for help. They only kept me informed because I was on top of them.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

It seems fine. She hasn't complained to me. Everyone on the staff is wonderful. The people I've interacted with have been lovely. The facility looks fine to me.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

Everything is fine. The staff are all doing a good job and are on schedule. It is a very clean place. The communication is very good and they call me. The nurse is very nice.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The care has been excellent. Since she has been there I keep asking them to wash her hair. They give her sponge baths. They have been very attentive and are wonderful. I have not been there when they have done some of the rehab. My daughter has seen this. I have seen the speech therapist. The facility is very clean. The dining areas are nice. The food smells good. I have had to track people down to get information.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The caregivers and nurses and PT all are receptive to our conversations. They ask how they can help. The cleanliness is outstanding. If I leave a message they call us back the same day or next day with no gaps in the service.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The people are really taking good care of my loved one and they are kind. They are responsive and they go the extra mile to answer our questions. The nurses and aides are good. It is very clean. The meals are good but there is not a lot of variety and the portions are small.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The services and the care are very good. The doctors are noticing and addressing the specifics. We like the doctor and his assistant. We like the nurse practitioner too.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The personnel all are very sensitive to my loved one's needs with good rehabilitation treatment. All and all she is happy and if she is happy I am happy. She is happy with the meals. The only thing is, the last visit we tried to get in touch with the attending physician and we could not get in touch with that person.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

Everyone seems to be very helpful and making things comfortable with the room. The admin, aides and nurses and therapists are very helpful. The food was not that great. There are many staff members we liked. One of the nurses we liked. My husband also liked the PT therapist.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

He really likes the staff and they are very helpful! It's very nice! They take forever to come, though. The aides are very slow to respond. He's asked for special meals and they send him anything BUT what he asks for.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

He is getting very good service, food and therapy. He is getting good medical treatment. They are trying to get his computer hooked up. The cleanliness was very nice. The meals were very good and he enjoys the food. He had something he could not eat the other night, though. It should be pureed. I get all of my information from the doctor. The staff has been helpful.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

They're being very caring. The therapy is very nice! The therapist is very nice and informative. She answered all my questions. The staff are all very nice! I have no complaints! It's very nice and clean! I'm there every day.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The nurses are caring and the PT are doing their job. This is his first time in rehab. The actual service is good. I do not know who to talk to about his care. There is no person telling me what to expect. It is very clean. The food is great and they have a special Chinese order for my dad.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

I highly recommend the rehab part. They were very receptive to my concerns and they did address these issues. I have to go to them to be kept informed. On a daily basis I go to them and weekly I am meeting with them. I like the head of nursing. She has been very supportive. The doctor has been awesome and is very clear and very nice.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

I picked the facility and I thought she would have a private room and all of the private rooms are taken up. They will move her to a private room when it comes available. The dietitian is working with her. The dietitian is amazing. They have called five times today. They are great on this with all of the departments. They are very good at keeping me up to date.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The rehab therapy is great. My loved one would love to see more appearances by the doctor. The coordination among the staff and availability at night could be improved. Sometimes the nurses are in such a rush they practically throw things at you. He really likes to of the nurses and one of the other staff. With the dinners, the food is very good, but they don't always bring what it is listed on the paper. There are not enough choices. For the most part I think they are great keeping me informed, and I'm visiting twice a day.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

He is doing perfectly. The rehab is excellent and better than I thought it was going to be. I don't have any problems with the staff. The cleanliness is okay, there's always room for improvement. My loved one is on a special diet so it is hard to judge the meals. In the therapy I can't complain - they are excellent at communicating with me. I didn't expect them to be so nice. They are excellent with his care.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

Today I am happier with the care. Therapy was great today. I was unhappy with what happened over the weekend, though. When she presses the button for help she is waiting a long time. She changed her room. The quality of the new room has no door for herself with just a certain between. The are short staffed on the weekend. The nurses are great during the week but not as good on the weekend. The weekend was bad and too busy. Most of the staff are okay. There may be a language barrier.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The food's so-so. What they make is what they make. It seems like it was made yesterday and set up for a hundred people tomorrow. The food could be fresher and more to order.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

He does have a couple of complaints. He rings the bell and it takes up to a half hour for help. The people wear heavy perfume and creams that bother him. He is content with the food.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

The rehab therapy is helping my loved one improve. The facility is clean all around, but not his room. He is a vegetarian and they served him meat to begin with, but they've corrected that. The communication is bad. They did not give us enough notice that my loved one's insurance was running out and we'd have to leave. They are trying to see if he can stay. We also requested a different kind of bed and we have not heard anything yet. He needs a railing on his bed.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

I would recommend Merwick, but you have to be on them on what needs to be done. When my loved one needs help she rings the call bell and they do not show up for awhile. They tried to feed her while she was lying flat on her back and could have choked. I was not happy with this. They also gave her food she shouldn't have, and I talked with the dietitian about fixing that. Rehab is good. The staff is friendly. The place is clean.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

My husband was there a week before he got out of his bed. The rooms are filthy. The physical therapist came into his room and turned him on his side and left. She said she would be back, but never returned. They are giving him medicine without telling anyone what they are giving. My husband didn't get breakfast one day because they ran out of plates and cups. Sometimes the staff is in a good mood, sometimes not. I have to ask someone often to clean his room. The food is high in sodium. They have hot dogs on the menu every day.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

We are having to send out home health aides to make sure my loved one is changed on time and properly. I have been at Merwick before and things have disintegrated badly. I think they should have patients with certain problems on a different floor. The therapists say my loved one is improving, but he is not walking. The nurses are all so overworked. The cleanliness is fine. The little cafe is too small. They have only two things offered for lunch are hot dogs and hamburgers. There are not enough choices. I have not had any communication. I am not being kept informed.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

The therapists worked very hard with my loved one, and he went there four to five times a day. The nurses were generally good, and many did not speak English. They tried to communicate with my loved one. The staff were very good and friendly to the family. They tried to keep me informed, and I had to get in touch with the doctors. One of the social workers was very nice. Some days were better than others. I had no serious complaints.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

I thought it was very clean and smelled very fresh. Its appearance was lovely. I waited two and a half hours on Sunday to speak with a nurse, and she never came in. I wanted to talk with her about a problem my loved one had. He asked to have something done, and they should have called me.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

It's always clean. My dad does not really like the type of food they give him. The only issue we've had is we'd want some choices with food.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

He is feeling a lot better and regaining his strength. He likes it. He is doing good over all. It is clean but sometimes it smells really bad.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

They are all very friendly. The doctor is nice when she is here. She keeps me informed. Some of the nurses are not trained on how to properly treat my mother's condition. Sometimes they hire a temp who does not know about this. Sometimes they do not use the right bandage. They are busy with a lot of patients. It takes time for them to come and change her. They do not turn her on a regular basis. The housekeeper does clean on a regular basis, and it is very clean. My mother is not eating much. If I was not there yesterday, they would have given her something she cannot have.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

It is really nice. My loved one is really happy with the therapy, and it helps. There is a lot of good care. All of the staff are courteous and good. They update me.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

It varies. My wife can ring a button, and it takes a long time for them to come. She needs their help to use the restroom. They don't clean her very well. The food is not that great. She would like to do more therapy and more walking. She's been there over a week. We're trying to get her PT more active. The nurses have been very nice and helpful. When I ask them to do something, they do it. They take forever to get there when my wife rings the button. The place is understaffed. She hit the button today, and we had to wait for someone to get her out of wheelchair for three and a half hours. Her rear end was hurting her from all of the sitting. There were only two aides on the floor, and they were busy with someone else. The doctor is very good. She listens to what I have to say. It's not as clean as it should be. I pick stuff off floor constantly. The meals are not good. I've had a couple of calls, and had a meeting today. It was supposed to be last week. I showed up and waited for a couple of hours and no one showed up.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

My loved one is clean and happy. I haven't been able to reach the doctor, though. People seem very friendly. The staff seems to be decent and like they're doing their job. The place is sparkly and spotless! The only complaint is that I went in the other day and was thirsty and asked for some tea, and they told me it's only for the patients. No one has informed me of anything, but they are very nice when I go down there.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

The facility is very clean. The response time is very good. The physical therapist goes to my father's room. They come on time and are very good. The social worker is excellent! He spoke to my mom to find out any issues. We have had really good communication from him. The food is very late sometimes. This Monday, we didn't get breakfast at all. My father really needs nutrition right now. They said one thing on menu, and the options were something else.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

My mother is happy with everything. There were some issues with communication for me and staff, but otherwise, I am very happy with them! They do a really good job! They seem to be a little understaffed, though. We are happy with the therapy. The nurses are doing very well for the amount of patients they have. Everybody is very friendly and helpful. It's very hard for my loved one to pick what she wants for dinner when there is no one to help her out, but the food is very good! There are some communication issues with staff.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

There's no problem with the rehab therapy. I would recommend Merwick. But when my mother calls, they don't come for about 40 minutes, so she'll end up wetting herself. She was supposed to get her pain medication at a certain time, and she didn't get it till two hours later. People will come in and not introduce themselves, and staff will come in to check in and not say who they are. She finds the food not good at all. I haven't heard anything from the staff. If there are problems or no progress or any difference in her progress, I would like them to contact me.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

They're fine. Meals are horrible though, the same thing over and over. Food is dry and nasty.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

The place is good. They seem to take care of the people. Coordination was not always 100 percent. Sometimes the information did not get to everybody it needed to and was not perfect. Communication with me was good though. The guest relations manager in charge of new people patients and she was excellent and helpful! The cleanliness was not perfect. My aunt had them do a little more cleaning and she is not shy. The meals were good. There was an incident where they thought my aunt asked for delivery to her room and that was not the case and this happened multiple times.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

It is very clean. I would recommend this rehab. My loved one had an issue with his food and I had to talk with them about that. He does not eat it much. He gets meals. I bring food to him from home.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

I expected more than what we got for our first experience with them. We were hoping for better service. The therapists were very nice and very helpful. The nurses tried very hard, but it was not what I expected. I expected more help from them. The aides tried very hard, but in my opinion, not as hard as I thought they should have, although it may be because my husband is a difficult situation and is not very easy to take care of. He wasn't giving them a very easy time. I wasn't too impressed with the food.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

They have very good points and very lackadaisical points. I can't say enough about the physical therapy. It's excellent. The therapists are wonderful. As far as the aides and some of the nurses go, it's just disturbing. My mother needs to be turned every two hours. Some of the aides remember and come in. Some of the aides, you have to go find them. They don't use enough detail to take care of the patients. That's the thing that bothers me. Overall, the nurses that we've met have been very good, and there are others that don't know what they're doing. They can't get a meal right to save their lives. How friendly the staff is depends. Quality of communication depends on the nurse or aide. Some of them are good, and some of them aren't. Some of them just are not attentive. I don't think I should have to go searching for them. I would recommend it if it was the old Merwick, ten years ago. It was a dumpy building, but the care was good.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

We were very happy with the physical and occupational therapy before. The nursing was a little uneven, we found. Although the supervisory nurses seemed to be very good, and those in charge were very professional and effective, some of the aides didn't seem to be up to their standard. Some of them were impatient, angry, resentful. Not all of them, but a couple of them. When we had to decide on a rehab, we were really wondering whether to go with Merwick or look for something else because our experience was not 100%. We liked the facility and the rehab, but some aspects of the nursing care came up short. My loved one was in terrible pain in the middle of the night and pressed the button. After a long while, the night nurse came, and the nurse said she would have to wait for the day nurse for pain medication. If you have a patient overnight, you should be able to tend to their needs.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

It took three beds to get my husband the right bed. Some staff were better than others. How friendly they were depended on the day. My husband didn't like the food.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

At night and on the weekend, it isn't very good, and during the week, it is great. The therapy is wonderful. The physical therapist gives 100 percent and is very caring. If I call on the weekends, I am told, "I am sorry, but I am too busy, and your father is doing fine." I ask things like if he ate his dinner, and this is bothersome to them. The nurses' station on the weekend is snippy. The aides are caring and loving. It is clean, but I found my dad's dirty clothes in the bathroom and in different places. I always have to ask for a bag for his dirty clothes. The meals are okay.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

The communication is pretty difficult. The physical and occupational therapy are great. I find the nurses and aides very disconnected in general. Part of the issues we have had is understanding the menu. We did not know what we could order. We filled out the order for meals, and they do not take this information and are not applying what is ordered. Sometimes, there are no drinks. I called and did not get a call back. Communication is difficult. I ask a question while in the room and then ask the same question to someone else, and I get a different answer. The nurse write what will happen, and these things change.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

Sometimes it's hard to find people. It's hard to find things like an extra pillow. We don't even have a private room, so we're standing, and I can't sleep here. They're going to find us a private room. The therapist seems very caring. It seems like it would be a good rehab. The first time my loved one came in, I met with someone who assessed her, and they seemed genuinely concerned. The one person who was here yesterday to exercise her was very gentle with her. I liked him a lot. One nurse is a little cocky. It's hard when you can't find anyone to help you and nobody's here. I feel like I'm kind of floundering here. They do what they can here, but you're kind of on your own. When we first came in, it really smelled. The meals are OK. My mother hates them. I have to really hunt people down aggressively. I would like more updates from people to come to me and give me statuses. The average person probably wouldn't get much information. I would recommend it for rehab, not for end of life.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

There were several things promised that did not happen. They did not give my wife an extended-length bed in a timely manner. It should have been provided before last night. They discovered the foot bar off on her current bed. The physical therapists in particular are good. There is a modest variation in the nursing. The orders did not include a routine test, and I discovered that and told them, and they did not want to do this and the charge nurse was rude. The charge nurse was threatened by me and needs to be more professional. The aides are very helpful and caring. There are a number of days in which the food seems to be repeated. There is a lack of variety. Pork was served three times in a week, and fish twice. In general, I feel like I have to pull information. I have had to advocate for my wife. Her test results were shared only when asked. The information was not shared proactively.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

There is progress in therapy. There is a nurse who responded to my inquiry right away. I saw her multitask with me and a patient at the same time. I wish the others were like her. I am not too happy with the aides. I do not find the staff are as attentive. My mom had to go to the bathroom, and they kept saying they were coming, and no one came after one and a half hours. This was disappointing.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

It sounds from the report like the physical therapist is good. My loved is complaining about the food. I met with the nutritionist yesterday, and something is off with the food. The overall experience is getting better. My loved one is happy with the therapy. The staff are friendly. It is very clean. The dining room is terrible, and the food has not been to my loved one's liking.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

The nurses from Merwick Care were very good! Sometimes, they bring in nurses from Oakside, and they don't know the patient. They don't know her conditions well. Those call-in nurses and aides aren't good. They are very rough with her. The center is very clean. Staff come and clean the room, if I have any problems, they come and fix them. They're are short on staff regarding nurses and aides. They are friendly. Sometimes, they're always with a very serious face, and I never know if I can approach them. The meals are no good. Most people need a special diet, but they bring the same thing for everyone. I need to bring her food in. The nurse that takes care of my mom, she lets me know of everything. When there's an on-call nurse, I have to go ask her everything. They need to hire more people.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

We are not happy with the food. The quality of the food is not good. They give the same thing every day. We have to bring food from home, we are vegetarian. There is no set time for PT, they come in whenever it's convenient for them, even if he is sleeping. Care is okay. The aides don't come when he calls them. Cleanliness was very good. We don't hear much from them. We were supposed to have a meeting with them today, but that got cancelled.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

The facility is very nice, and people are very nice. She just started therapy today and the people are very nice and professional. The doctor is very professional. One of the aides is very nice. The staff are caring and professional. On the first night, my mom was going from chair and into her bed. They were not able to monitor that and don't have any way to do that. She can fall and hurt herself. The bed was my only concern. The place is clean. Meals could be better, they could have more choices and vegetables.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

Some things are great and some things are not. My loved one loves some of the therapy activities and some she does not like. Some staff are spectacular and some are terrible. The nurse is amazing, and the physical therapist is good. The guest services manager was amazing, giving my mom a private room. She makes sure the guests are comfortable. It is not clean. We could not eat in the dining area because it is filthy. We brought in meals to her. The kitchen staff would offer food to us, like jello.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

I would recommend Merwick, but the problem is with communication. That's my biggest complaint. The nurses do not give much information when I ask, and they're hard to find. The staff in general are very good and seem to care about their patients. The aide is an excellent worker. Everybody there is pretty friendly. My aunt needs assistance eating and that is happening.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

They are very responsive for physical therapy. She seems to be getting a decent amount of OT, but less on the weekends. They have been nice but she said she did not have help getting dressed. They brought her breakfast in bed. The meals are adequate and portions are good but the customer service is not good. Maybe it was when I was there. I was not greeted as a guest and the communication with one of the residents I sensed an attitude from the staff in kitchen.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

Overall care could be better. I've requested someone to monitor my mom at least hourly instead of the four- or five-hour time frame they do. I've come in where I see her bed wet, or she wears diapers and I see that they need to be changed, and a long period of time has gone by. You can clearly tell. Some of the staff is great. Some of the staff can improve. There's a certain amount of people who are regulars, so they can engage more and be more friendly and happier instead of just coming in and doing their job. It makes a world of difference. There are people coming in not really caring that they're there. The therapy has been on and off. They come back wanting my mom to respond. If it's a daily or weekly routine, if they can just pop in and say hi, then it makes a difference when they decide to ramp it back up. She would know that person and be more responsive.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

My loved one is very unhappy. He is not an easy person. They are not doing things they should be for him. They are not doing things to ensure his safety. He is walking by putting his hands on the walls. He is not happy with the food choices and quality. No one takes him to the activity section. There is nothing stimulating for him. He is not calling for help. There should be an alarm on his bed for his safety so that they know he is trying to go to the restroom by himself. One therapist has been responsive, and the others are not responsive. He is making little progress. I met one nurse who was helpful, but everybody else has an attitude. The aides are slow to move. The staff's friendliness is nothing special. It is clean.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

I really don't like what I see. It looks clean, but has a cold atmosphere. I see elder patients reclining all over the hallway waiting to get served. The nurses are not doing anything. They're just on their phones and reading magazines. My son is in critical condition, and they are not attentive. They gave him his medicine late. On his first night, he couldn't get a hold of anyone for an hour when he pressed the call button. He has not had a shower for five weeks. The breakfast is not correct for his condition. He hasn't started rehab. I haven't seen a single nurse there yet. I only saw one person. I've been trying to get a hold of someone and can't reach them.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation

We did not feel like anyone checked on my loved one. We are very disappointed. He had a problem with his equipment for 24 hours, and no one came to help, and this is unacceptable. The cleanliness is OK.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

My loved one was impressed by the therapist. The cleaners come in twice a day. They've very hard workers. He had some issues in the beginning, some discrepancy between what the dietitian said he should eat and what he was getting.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

I would recommend Merwick! It is a new facility. I would like more interaction by phone though.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

I liked the attitude of the staff in general, very friendly and helpful, but there are not enough people. They did a great job keeping me informed. I was there a lot, and the staff was very familiar with me. The cleanliness is exceptional. The overnight staff was a little thin. The meals are not satisfactory. The food could be improved.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

They were very good about his falls. They bandaged him very well and called me. It's very cheery service. The food is very good. Communication was excellent. They'd call me as soon as he had the falls. The main thing I've noticed is that when there's any visitor in my loved one's room, nobody comes. They just don't check in. It's very hard to tell whether they're checking in at other times.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

My loved one seems to be happy. Everyone is very friendly. The cleanliness is okay. She does not like a lot of the meals.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

My loved one is very pleased with the rehab. She thinks the rehab specialist is very good. He has her up walking, which she was not able to do when she first came here. She has told them numerous times she does not want coffee she keeps getting it, and some meals are quite bad.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

I had a meeting with the social worker, director of nursing and physical therapist and they came up with a plan that makes sense to me and now I am confident they are looking after my father's needs. At first, I wasn't too excited to have my father there, because I had to hunt down nurses to get my questions answered, and he was left on his own a lot.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

Some of the information is not being conveyed properly. They started off pretty well, but then I wasn't getting much information. I'm not happy with them, they asked my father to stay the night there with my mom because they were not staffed properly. When we spoke to the nurse, the nurse was very helpful about the issue. I was there when someone came in and asked if she'd like physical therapy. We said yes, and they said they'll be back shortly and they have not been back since. Some of the nurses have been very nice and calling me. Her room is pretty decent, it looks okay.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

We haven't been receiving much information. I haven't heard from anyone about my mom's care since admission on Sunday. I feel like the communication is very bad. The meals weren't very good, based on what my mom shared with me regarding freshness and preparation.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

My loved one likes the therapy. Some staff are really good and some are terrible.

Review of Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center

Everything was a disaster. We're not happy with Merwick, and when my husband leaves the hospital, he's not going to go back. There were ants on the bathroom floor when he first moved in. My husband was on a very special diet and they were giving the wrong food. They didn't take care of his needs and he ended up being in so much pain my son had to go take him to the hospital.

Overlooking Millstone River Park, Merwick Care & Rehabilitation Center offers a full range of skilled nursing and rehabilitation services in a neighborhood-style setting. With the goal of sending you home with confidence, our rehabilitation team works tirelessly to ensure you achieve positive and measurable improvements.

Contact our friendly admissions staff today to schedule a visit and see why our community is the right choice for you or your loved one!