Somerford House & Place Hagerstown - Hagerstown, MD

Caring, attentive staff

So far we're very pleased by how things have gone at Somerford House! It is a nice looking place, and the staff have all been very friendly and attentive. They've been very flexible and proactive when it comes to caring for my parents, and I appreciate that they're willing to make changes at a moments notice if it means they'll get better care. I would advise families to double check that Somerford House has been thorough with their assessment, my parents were admitted into their assisted living, but a few days later they were moved to the memory care unit.

Somerford Is A Perfect Fit For Mom!

Wonderful staff, beautiful setting and facilities that are structured to accommodate the needs of the residents make Somerford a perfect fit for my mother, who has dementia. My mother started out at Somerford House (Assisted Living) and now resides in Somerford Place (Alzheimer's/Dementia building) and at each residence she was treated with respect and given excellent care by the staff members. The activities director is superb and loves her job and it shows. There is plenty for the residents to do and visitors are welcomed. When my mother has fallen, I receive prompt phone calls and if necessary, transportation to the hospital for observation is readily available and organized efficiently by the staff. I go to sleep each night knowing that my mother is being taken care of and you cannot put a price on that.

assisted living only

assisted living only

Very nice facility. Aunt w...

Very nice facility. Aunt was very much impressed. She is ready to sign and move but we are checking into Diakon at Robinwood.

Warm, inviting place. We liked that ...

Warm, inviting place. We liked that they have made efforts to remove any feeling of a cold medical facility. Director met us and was enthusiastic and compassionate. "I just wanted to hug her!" Four stars instead of five because it doesn't include an independent living option. Otherwise, the place seems quite nice.

Nice clean facility as well as friend...

Nice clean facility as well as friendly staff. Director is great to work with! I've requested & quickly responded to additional questions asked.

Somerford House offers general Assisted Living on a beautifully landscaped campus in Hagerstown. Staff is on duty 24 hours a day to support and guide our residents, who experience gracious living and easy access to shopping, places of worship, and medical offices. Step inside our doors to discover a lovely, homelike community with warm and inviting living spaces. When you visit us to see how we can offer you or your loved one the opportunity to maintain, or even regain, the independence and self-confidence we all cherish, you will see that Somerford House makes every moment matter for residents and their families alike.