Woodland Assisted Living - Lovettsville, VA

Unfortunately, cannot recommend this place at all.

Woodlands Assisted Living in Lovettsville was recommended to me for a family member with early Alzheimers. We had misgivings about the place b/c of the lack of activities, the number of people (17) stuffed into the house and the lack of education re: this disease and the set-up of the house itself but moved forward with the decision to have the person here after 7 months of searching. The staff is caring and kind but there are 17 people living here and the staff ratio is 2 to 17. This is NOT a memory care center by any means. And no one is educated on the disease. The majority of the people living here spend their time sitting in a relatively small living room staring at the TV. There are no formal activities and in 10 months I saw one sing-a-long and one visit from a dog. The staff are instructed to keep the place clean and that surface cleaning is done every day. There is one very small bathroom off the back door entrance for the majority of people to use for showers. The bedrooms in the basement area for elderly women who do not need much attention, there are 2 small tight bedrooms off of the kitchen and everyone else is stuffed into 3 bedrooms on the 2nd level. There is a staircase to the 2nd floor.- and if ayone needs assistance up the stairs, that will be an issue. Overall, if you are looking for someone to be cared for with alzheimers or memory loss and want them to stay here and not be moved, forget it. And, there are no activities no matter what you are told. We had high hopes for this place and I have no words for what my family member had to go through b/c of the way the owners ended up shoving him out unexpectedly from this "home". And, this is a sweet, younger person with memory loss. Not an aggressive, angry individual by any means. This place, unfortunately, ended up being one of those bad stories you hope not to have to experience.

Review of Woodland Assisted Living - Lovettsville, VA

I arrived for my scheduled tour at 10 am and went to the front door. I opened the door as I could see residents and staff inside through the side windows and the alarm went off. After I introduced myself and said I was here to see Shauna or Frank she stated that she was Shauna. I attempted to shake her hand and she refused saying she had just washed her hands. I found that odd. She was not prepared for my visit had no idea I was coming and asked how I heard about them. After explaining I heard about you through Cindy [Removed] on a [Removed] and scheduled my tour on line and received the email confirmation. We stood in the kitchen and she told me this was a small (15) residents and let me see someones room off the kitchen. After the blunder about the alarm and me arriving we did get to talking and she seemed very nice I asked how they got into the business and she really could not answer besides I believe my husbands father was in a nursing home and we had friends who started one so we decided to do the same. My personal opinion I found the place to be unkept. It is a personal residence or was someones primary home at one time the wallpaper carpet and linoleum in the house was old and did not look very clean. The kitchen was not very clean imagine your home kitchen with a table that is where the fifteen residents eat at a bench type table inside the kitchen a small half door keeping them from walking behind the counter. I knew I would not consider putting my mother in this place period. For those that might consider it there is no elevator so they have to be able to climb stairs and the house from the areas I toured had not been modified to meet ADA standars.

Frank and Shauna Hyatt are lovely people and the home is very clean and bright. They have up to 15 people at various levels of need. The location is somewhat isolated for our needs but the setting is beautiful and it feels more like a home than a facility.

I thought this place looked extremely nice overall,

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. I thought this place looked extremely nice overall, and everyone seemed very friendly! However, the only opening they had was for a room on the second floor. Unfortunately the facility does not have an elevator, and the stairs would have been too much for my loved one to have to do every day.

Best home we saw.Friendly people nice...

Best home we saw.Friendly people nice room and home.Glad you sent us here.I liked this better than an institutional atmosphere.

Woodland Assisted Living is a beautiful adult care community located in Lovettsville, VA. We pride ourselves in giving the best quality care possible for the many residents living in the home. We understand how important it is for you to feel comfortable living your elderly parents in our care, so we ensure that our staff members are helpful and well-trained when it comes to working with the elderly. You will find that you feel comfortable leaving your loved one in Woodland Assisted Living simply because of how knowledgeable and caring the staff happens to be. Whether your elderly parent needs around-the-clock nursing care or just a place to stay where they can get it in an emergency, Woodland Assisted Living is a wonderful choice for you. When you choose to have your parent live in Woodland Assisted Living, you can feel good always knowing that they are getting nutritious meals throughout the day prepared by our knowledgeable dining staff. Your elderly parent will be able to become more active taking part in the many activities that we have available all day long. You will also be able to visit your loved one with our convenient visiting hours, even when all of the residents are in the dining area having a meal. We are one of the best assisted living facilities in the state and are a prime choice for many adult children who need to have their elderly parents taken care of when they cannot be there for them themselves.