Somerford House & Place Frederick - Frederick, MD

Somerford Place - Frederick is our Alzheimer's Assisted Living community, and is on the same campus as Somerford House - Frederick, our Assisted Living community. Both properties are owned by Five Star Senior Living and located on the same campus.

Somerford Place offers assisted living specifically for residents with memory impairment due to dementia or Alzheimer’s. We promote residents’ individuality and maximize their independence in a secure but comfortable environment, which is next to a lake and in view of gorgeous mountains. Our residents are active, and we encourage family members to participate in the care giving process. Stop by today to see how our specially trained staff offer you or your loved one the opportunity to maintain, or even regain, their lives back. We help make every moment matter for residents and their families alike.

The active and independent residents who live at Somerford House enjoy our beautiful, comfortable community that is situated next to a lake and with a gorgeous view of the mountains. Just steps away from a charming market and ice-cream parlor, we offer spacious accommodations, gourmet meals, full-service housekeeping & laundry, local transportation to recreational & social activities, pharmacy services, and physical, speech and occupational therapies. Our residents enjoy all the comforts of home, plus so much more. Call today to schedule your personal tour!

Good Tour Of This Facility

This is good community, and my tour of it went well. The community looked very nice, everything was very well maintained from what I saw. The staff was friendly, and kind. My tour guide was nice, and informative. Everyone was very polite, and welcoming. It was a good experience.

This is a good fit for my mom

My mom has transitioned well at Somerford House & Place Frederick she enjoys being among the other residents and socializing, taking part in several of their many activies as well. She also enjoys going to the dining room for her meals and the food is very good. I have just signed my mother up for the resident doctor program they offer as well.
They also offer transportation for the residents to go shopping and on fieldtrips. I would have no problem recommend Somerford House to family and friends.

Very nice place!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken for my loved one at this community. The staff where very knowledgeable and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. I liked that the facility was a little bit smaller and all of the rooms where about the same size, It was just not the right fit for my dad in the end decision.

Helpful Staff!!

I have no complaints about how things went for my loved one during our tour of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. It was just not the right location for him in the end decision.

Wonderful Community

Unfortunately my husband needed more care than this community was able to provide. However during our time in this community we did have a good experience. They were really wonderful overall.

Took Good Care of My Husband While He Was Here

My husband did well for the short time he was in this community. Unfortunately he needed more care than they were able to provide. However I was pleased with everything they did for us. They took good care of him, and his needs. It is a pleasant community. They provide nice meals, and offer good activities. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. It was a good experience overall, and this is a community I would recommend.

we felt very welcome when we first toured the facility. We moved our father in soon after.

Care and comfort

This is a nice community and we like the wonderful staff that is very caring and attentive to the needs. We are happy with the menu and variety. Activities are offered for when she is wanting to participate with the other residents. The community is very nice and enjoyable. We recommend this care to other families.

A Very Good Tour

I liked this community but it is not as nice as other places. I got to meet with the director who did very well on my tour. My mom was invited to play bingo while I toured but my mom thought this place is not what she wanted. They had a room available on the first floor but my mom does not like being on the first floor.

So far, so good!

It has been difficult for my mom to transition to assisted living/dementia care but Somerford has been great and has kept me posted of everything every step of the way.

It's been terrific so far.

It's been terrific so far. We are really happy with it. No major issues or concerns, I would give them a five out of five at this point.

We started out on the wrong foot due to an apparent communications issue. Gina thought A Place for Mom had canceled my appointment so she wasn't expecting me. The tour was good but I didn't feel that the happiness factor was there on the part of the residents. The Memory Care building was too folksy for my Mother and the Assisted Living building didn't really leave an impression. They have great reviews but it just wasn't for us.

Very nice place, overall

Overall I think they do a very good job at Somerford House. I'd give them high marks across the board, there are a few little things that could be improved, but in general everything is as nice as it can be. The staff is friendly and caring, the facility is well kept, and they take good care of the residents.

New Beginnings

We have been very pleased with my mom's adjustment to a new living environment. The staff have worked very hard to work with the needs of my mom. She has started to adjust and feels like this is were she lives. Its a very tough job for those who support these patients and I feel that maybe more staff might help all involved. I am very happy that my mom feels safe and getting the support she needs. All I want is the best for her and things are so far working out great.

It's going very good so far.

It's going very good so far. I don't have any complaints or concerns, and if I did I would address them with Somerford.

You should consider Somerford

The facility is clean and well maintained. The staff is caring and friendly. They do a great job of keeping the residents engaged. I have a habit of showing up at times a little outside of the normal, but whatever time I have been in there, the staff has always been attentive to the needs of the residents. You won't see any slacking. while all of the places I toured through A Place For Mom were outstanding, I chose Somerford for the staff, and the location, which is most convenient for me.

Nice place, overall

Things have gone well with Somerford House so far! It is a nice looking, clean facility, and the staff have all been very friendly and helpful. They've got a lot to provide for their residents in terms of amenities and services, and seem to take good care of everyone who lives here.

Nice place, but Fred and Ba...

Nice place, but Fred and Barbara would have to occupy separate rooms due to their decidedly different needs. While Barbara is still able to recognize Fred, they need to be able to sleep in the same room/bed.

Very nice community

My loved one was unfortunately only here for a short time, but I feel like they did a very good job overall. We visited quite a few communities in the area, and this one really stood out to us. It had a nice warm, friendly feeling, and really felt like home. The staff were very caring, and were really going out of their way to help her settle in and feel comfortable here.

Overall pretty good

They need to pay more attention to each individual, sometimes they can get overlooked in the hustle and bustle. Communication between shifts, and staff could be a little better. The food is good. They were a little less expensive, than others.

Love this place & would lik...

Love this place & would like my father to be here. However, circumstances are changing somewhat. This will definitely stay at the top of the list for future needs

4680 for 1 bedroom + 200 + ...

4680 for 1 bedroom + 200 + 200 meds Gina very helpful

The right choice...

My Mother started her third week of Somerford House this weekend. She loves it; she raves about the food, exclaims how pleasant all the staff are, and is comfortable in her private room. There are activities, although my Mother is champing at the bit for painting classes. The setting is good and convenient for the family. And we have been impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of everyone in the staff.

So far, this is our favori...

So far, this is our favorite; beautiful setting, quiet, and intimate enough for individual attention. Very nice rooms, even the 'Studio' seems more than adequate. We thought the activities were geared toward a lower-functioning patient than my mother, but perhaps I am not being objective. Truly, I can't think of anything negative. I was impressed overall, and love that it's so close to our home.

Nice Place

Very caring. Great Nurses and support. Home atmosphere. Highly recommend

This was a nice facility and is still...

This was a nice facility and is still under consideration.

Lovely setting, nice mix of residents...

Lovely setting, nice mix of residents, great rooms, fish every day, all around my favorite

Toured facility. Nice setting, easy a...

Toured facility. Nice setting, easy access to parking. Director very helpful. Community fee of $3,000.00 waived the month of January. Several room layouts. Has all amenities he needs plus 24 hour nursing.

beautiful setting. bright and cheerfu...

beautiful setting. bright and cheerful. excellent one-level facility floor plan. residents can enjoy outdoors via the secure internal court yard.