Didn't have a warm atmosphere

I toured this facility. It’s a fairly new building and everything went well, however there were no openings at the time that I was looking to move my Mom in. I was able to see the dining area; it looked nice and had a set menu. The rooms were really nice and the furniture was included. The person that gave me the tour knew a lot about what the facility had to offer and answered all of my questions. The building looked clean, they talked about a few activities they could provide, and on the day of my tour they were even making cupcakes. The reason I didn’t move my Mom in, though, was because it didn’t feel like a very warm atmosphere and there were no openings available.

Mom is fitting right in

We chose this community for lots of reasons, but one was because they had lots of activities daily to keep mom as active as possible. They director told us they were going to make some changes to the patio area and we were pleased they did what they said they would do. They put in a sidewalk to make it easier for wheelchairs. The staff is caring and nurturing and communicates well the family. Always clean and nice smelling. They get 3 meals a day which is comforting. I would recommend this community.

A nice tour

This community is only for memory care residents and we were looking for a more independent living community. They do not offer a lot of private rooms and the closets are very small. The people I met were nice and the community seemed clean.

Do NOT RECOMMEND BUDA SODALIS---or SODALIS--at all.

Terrible experience in the end. Monitoring in public areas so inadequate that my husband wound up in ER [Removed]. Due to severe Sundowning issues brought on by mismanaged medication regimen through a (recommended by Sodalis) hospice service, my husband was asked to leave 3 days before November--after I had prepaid $5250 for November.[Removed]. They refused to refund any of the November monies although he never spent a day in their care in November.

Great facility

I put my husband in Sodalis in February and have been extremely pleased with this facility. The staff is very attentive and friendly, always ready and willing to help when needed. Food is excellent and help is available if needed by the resident. Lesa is always updating and adding items to add to the enjoyment of everyone and making sure everyone is happy. I highly recommend this facility.

I would recommend this community!!

Sodalis is a small community in a quiet country setting. The staff are very good with my husband and he gets a lot of one on one attention. I have not had a chance to try the food but it does look and smell good. They offer healthy meals and a lot of activities.

Thank you for your kind words. It's our honor to care for for your husband! We're so pleased that you are happy with his care. Do stay and join us for a meal sometime!

Great place

Great place for my Dad. Couldn't be happier with the level of care he is receiving. His been at Sodalis one month looks happier and heather than ever. Thanks everyone caring for him

We're delighted that your Dad is doing so well! Thank you for sharing your comments. It is our honor to care for him.

Wonderful staff! Quiet, clean, organized surroundings.

Thank you for your kind comments.

Unusual situations

Moving my husband from one community to Sodalis Buda has been quite an experience for all of us. The place itself is very nice, a Grade A community for sure! Most of the time he is very happy there and the food is absolutely amazing. The staff have been very great and the CEO is currently trying to help resolve an issue that is current to him being at the community or having to move him. Since there are times that he doesn't understand why he has to be there he attempts to come home. The most recent incident happened a few nights ago when there was a full moon and most of the residents were suffering from sun downers. Since it was such a hectic time for the staff my husband cleverly left the place due to a faulty door. He was gone from 9-1AM and the cops are the ones who found him. I am hoping he will get to stay now that the door is fixed but we'll see what happens. Overall, the place is outstanding my husband is just eager to be home in those times of sun downing.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

In response to this situation, a number of additional steps have been taken to insure the safety and security of our residents. All of our doors have been re-inspected and we have scheduled quarterly inspections to insure the Maglock system is always in working order. We have also added additional door alarms and an extra process step has been added to our shift changes in order to provide another layer of security.

We are so pleased and thankful that we have been able to provide care for your husband. Thank you for your confidence in our care and your kind words.

Past and Present

Sodalis was a wonderful place to live up to 6 months ago.
the director was on top of everything and the activities
manager was very engaging and kept everyone laughing.
Now there is serious concerns: the new director is sweet, but there is no follow through with problems, residents are not getting their medicine as prescribed, cleanliness is lacking, staff is decreasing instead of increasing causing the few who are employed to not be able to keep of with the residents needs and are over worked. Numerous residents have pasted since the disturbance in care during the evacuation from the flood and numerous moves. Families have moved their love ones for lack of care. Sodalis is very expensive for glorified babysitting. Hopefully things will turn around in the future for the existing residents sake.

A response written to this post several months ago seems to have disappeared. Concerns addressed in this and other reviews around this time have been addressed and resolved. New leadership, strong communication with families and a commitment to excellence has had a huge impact. A look at current reviews of Sodalis Buda show happy residents and satisfied family members.

The food is wonderful, but...

The food is wonderful, well balanced and a dessert always follows the noon meal. But... there are serious concerns
with management and cleanliness.

Thank you for sharing your comments about our community. We are pleased that you find the community to be friendly and that you are happy with the quality of the meals we provide. We want to assure you that we are working hard to address the areas in which we have not met your expectations. We are currently interviewing to add a new nurse to our management team. We have instituted new efforts to insure we provide our residents with a pleasant and clean environment.

Failing in all standards

This community used to be worth the money it charges. Unfortunately, the dollar means more than the patients, grounds or building. If you look closely you will see it is a glorified nursing home. Patients parked in front of the TV, broken equipment, dirty chairs and towels covering up stains from urine on furniture. Please make sure you take a COMPLETE tour looking at EVERYTHING before you spend this kind of money.

Thank you for taking time to share this feedback with us. We are sorry that we have not met your expectations. Providing our residents with excellent care in a pleasant and clean environment is of the utmost importance to our team. We are making every effort to realize those goals. Since this past Fall's flood, we have made repairs to the grounds and exterior of our building. Last week, we hired a maintenance member to join our staff and we are interviewing for a new nurse to add to our management team. Further efforts to beautify and clean our community have been initiated.

Review of Sodalis Buda Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Buda, TX

This place is very nice but not sure of the size. very well presented.

We are proud to continue a tradition of providing those who need us with highly trained caregivers in a secure, well designed setting. We believe that our residents thrive in an environment that feels more like a home than a hotel or institution.

They are a really great community.

They are a really great community. Joe is awesome, and very helpful, and the whole staff is too. They are friendly, and attentive, and they do a really great job. I don't have any concerns or complaints, there isn't anything that I think needs to be improved. The food is good, and the activities are good too.

Thank you for your kind words!

Sodalis- Buda - A Cozy, Caring, and Fun Community

We have just moved my Mother-in-law (Hazel) to Sodalis in Buda after visiting and touring many facilities in the Austin
area. Sodalis offers everything we were seeking and exceeded what we found elsewhere. There were no long halls or elevators to add to confusion and there wasn't 't a hotel decor and atmosphere. Sodalis offers a family home feel with rooms surrounding the dining room, gathering room and nurses station. The activity directors encourage all residents to participate in activities. The daily routines are active and fun with enough staff to ensure everyone is cared for and enjoying living there. The private rooms are cozy, furnished and have large half baths. Showers are private, with room for staff to help as much as needed. We recommend for families to visit Sodalis before making a choice, you will be as impressed as we were.

Huge improvement with my mom

My mom has lived in a couple of other places and Provident has definitely taken care of her very well, it's extremely clean, there's no odors or smells or anything like that. It's a significant improvement from where she was before. It is expensive, but it is what it is. We're working to stabilize medications and they take care of her extremely well. They make sure she's clean, they have lots of things for her to do, she has things outside and inside to keep her busy. There are doctors of all kinds in house and that come in and lots of therapists that are working with her; she's doing pretty well. From when I moved her in to now, she's happy all the time and she's walking around, not staring at the ground. They keep her happy and I don't have any issues with them at all, anytime they have questions they give me a call and when her money runs out in November, Trish from A Place for Mom and people at Provident are helping me find some medicaid options.

I have already spoke with these peopl...

I have already spoke with these people and it would be great.

Also called Tree of Life. Ribbon cut...

Also called Tree of Life. Ribbon cutting Thursday, August 5th. Opening August. Looks great!

Sodalis at Buda is a certified Alzheimer's Care Community, with Assisted Living coming soon! Our small community consists of 22 rooms, a beautiful courtyard, a state of the art dementia safety system, all in a homelike environment. Sodalis strives to have the best care possible for people who have Alzheimer's or related dementias and to be a leader in the community. At Sodalis, we promote independence and quality of life for our residents. We have professionally trained staff who have worked with and understand what it means to have Alzheimer's disease. We provide individual care for each resident to help them have the best day that they can have. Our goal is to create an environment that promotes dignity, respect, and quality of life. Please contact us today!