Skyline Village at Red Mountain - Homewood, AL

Skyline Village at Red Mountain - Homewood, AL has yet not published prices.

Rudeness & False advertising

Senior reps makes promises that are never kept & very disrespectful towards residents along with employees. Hr rep ([name removed]) told residents to shut up after noticing bed bugs & if they said anything they would be evicted.

Skyline does not live-up to its online video presentation.

My close friend moved to Skyline Village at Red Mountain in August 2018. At first this community was a dream. Since then, amenities have declined. While the population here has increased, transportation is now limited to one day per week. When the driver is suddenly unavailable, residents are not able to keep their medical appointments and have to reschedule within a new two week window. Taking an Uber gets to be very expensive over the course of the month. The van that is shown in the online video is rarely used. Use of the van would be most helpful to persons with disabilities. Instead residents have to ride the bus. Also, housekeeping services, continue to be offered by one housekeeper. My friend's apartment was not cleaned recently for three weeks. The housekeeper told my friend that she was just one person with too many apartments to clean. My friend also states that meals no longer compare to the wonderful offerings of just a few months ago. Another area of concern is that staff is not always respectful or patient with residents. Tone of voice is mean spirited. Also, the open door policy of the administrator has been replaced by a required appointment.

I ask what has happened to such a beautiful and impressive looking community. Could it be that Skyline is more concerned about cosmetic appearance, filling apartments, and not value of services offered? To Skyline I say get your act together and listen to the needs of your residents.

Executive Director is very rude and she do not know how to talk to potential customer. I decide to move into another independent living facility because of her attitude.

[name removed], I selected Skyline. I love it here and plan to stay unless rates increase. That is my only concern. I have had a problem with a leak in my living room when it rains hard. They say roof cant be fixed til end of April.
T

We loved the place. Such friendly and welcoming staff. The environment was very clean and neat. The rooms are amazing! You cannot get better with such reasonable rates! Would highly recommend!

A beautiful property and an exceptional value for persons 55 and older

My husband and I ate lunch at Skyline Village on 6/22/17 and then toured the facility. The food was good and the daily menus impressive. Except for the studio, which is a good value for a single individual on a budget, the apartments are large, including the bedrooms, and the bathrooms have been outfitted with roll-in showers and grab bars in the shower and next to the commode. The common areas are beautiful and the views from the patio and all apartments extraordinary. Transportation is provided and home care services can be purchased from a contracted home health agency when The need arises. If one acts during initial leasing, one's monthly fee never goes up. An exceptional value for persons 55 and over.

A new community for care

I like the care at this community for my mom. We like that the community is new. The staff is caring and helpful. The do need more staff so that they are able to transport residents. The menu is appealing and a nice variety. The community needs more activities, but right now there are not a lot of residents.I think that families should tour this community for the care of a loved one.

A new community for care

I like the care at this community for my mom. We like that the community is new.. The staff are caring and helpful. The do need more staff so that they are able to transport residents. The menu is appealing and a nice variety. The community needs more activities, but right now there are not a lot of residents .I think that families should tour this community for the care of a loved one.