Sinai Post-Acute Nursing and Rehab Center - Newark, NJ

Sinai Post-Acute Nursing and Rehab Center - Newark, NJ has yet not published prices.

• Long Term Care
  • Short Term Rehab
  • 24 hour care
  • hospice care assistance

Friendly and amazing staff who are professionals. They are courteous to everyone and a smile is worth a million words.

Naomi Landsberg

Lillian, thank you for sharing your experience.

Naomi Landsberg

Lillian, thank you for sharing your experience.

This is not a recommended place

my uncle has been placed here for a few months and has had a lot of problems with seeking appropriate care for ongoing medical problems. whatever service this place is using as far as doctors and physicians is concerned is below-par, they wish to control and dominate all the billing under the doctors and not let the patients leave to go and get external care without multiple requests and a lot of grief and heartache. It takes months to do with somebody can do with a cell phone in 20 minutes. My uncle's doctor repeatedly promises to show up and make things better and even gave me a direct contact number where he repeatedly forgot to call back or purses that offer days on end while my uncle feels very sickly. My uncle has been complaining about the appropriate care to occur, and you literally become spited and vengeance occurs towards them, including horrible food trays being served with just a little bit of iceberg lettuce and a small cup of baked beans. No entree, and no real food. If he complains they make it worse. It is a shame what they must be doing to patients who do not have family and do not have advocates.

Judah Gutwein

Dennis, We are incredibly sorry to hear about your concerns and promise to do all in our power to make things right. Please reach out to us at the facility and ask for David, or Ben, they are standing by waiting to help. Thanks in advance for the opportunity.

Not a place I'd say to use

Not a decent place at all. Staff lives by the process of alleged protocols that all say to use their below-par, under-configured BP machines and not their nursing skills and observation. They won't send out obviously ill patients and threaten them with losing their rooms. They refuse to auscultate the lungs for patients experiencing respiratory symptoms. If patients sugar is below normal levels, even 40, they give them Ensure. Not D50, or glucofage. A shake. The doctor took nearly 1 month to see my family member and even with direct line of contact now, he does not return calls even for urgent needs. He answers texts though. My family member is declining in status, from fully ambulatory, to now unable to rise or bear weight. Calls should be made to a doctor. Actually reports indicating sudden decline in functions and presentation.
Nothing is done.
They have a rodent problem. Visible rodents and or their droppings.
Steer clear.
If anything changes. I will return here and change my views accordingly, including the overall rating

Judah Gutwein

Danny, We are terribly sorry to hear of your frustrations and will do whatever we can to address and ameliorate your concerns. Please call us directly and ask for David or Ben. Thank you in advance for giving us a chance to make things right.

All employees at Sinai Post-Acute give 110%!

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you William for your thoughtful review.

Sinai is very convenient for me. I have no complaints.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Kenneth for sharing your experience here at Sinai.

Review of Sinai Post Acute Nursing And Rehab Center

This care facility took care of my mother and integrated our cultural values and activities during her stay. It is rare to find such a specific nursing home with such attention to its patients. I hope my mother does not get ill again, but I am comforted by the fact that there is a place to accommodate her needs. Thank you to all the nurses.

Naomi Landsberg

Tia, we really appreciate the feedback. Thank you for your review.

Sinai Post-Acute, Nursing & Rehab Center is an expansive 7-story building offering a modern and comfortable setting for your recovery. Centrally located and easily accessible from all major highways including Rt. 280, New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway, Sinai Center is highly recommended by area doctors for post-surgical and rehabilitative care.
With one of the largest rehab gyms in the area, we take pride in our cutting-edge rehabilitation program, renowned for delivering positive outcomes. Our newly renovated Short-Term Rehab floor is entirely self-contained and geared to the specific needs of the subacute patient, helping them regain their independence and facilitating their return home as quickly as possible.
For individuals in need of skilled nursing, palliative, hospice or memory care, Sinai Center has 4 long-term care units staffed by a multicultural team of compassionate caregivers who strive to uphold the dignity of every resident.
Our homelike environment allows our residents to experience the comfort and security they need to function at their highest capacity and optimum quality of life.