Simpson Place Assisted Living - Dallas, TX

Simpson Place Assisted Living - Dallas, TX has yet not published prices.

Better options for Senior Living

I am a resident of this facility so I won't mention my real name. Although it is quite nice, not everything on the website is quite accurate. I'll try to clear it up a bit. I do pay an out of pocket amount every month to live here which is my RSDI benefit amount minus $85 which is my monthly allowance for personal expenses. I don't have any vouchers of any kind. However, what I do pay is supplemented by a Waiver from Medicaid and my supplemental insurance company.

I have what was called a housekeeping apartment, which consists of a small bedroom, furnished with a single bed and a 4 drawer chest, a small kitchenette, furnished with a full sized refrigerator and a microwave, and a huge bathroom with a walkin shower.

Our medications are distributed by medication aides at the appropriate intervals and this is mandatory. We are not allowed any medications of any nature, even benign things such as aspirin or a nasal spray. These have to be administered by staff without exception. My blood pressure is checked twice a day.

Meals are served in the dining room 3 times a day and are quite good. My favorites are the soups, which appear to be homemade.

Although there are daily activities, I can't tell you much about them. I'm sure they're quite fun, but I'm an internet freak and Wi-Fi is included in our amenities. I spend many hours playing games, chatting with friends from all over the world, and just surfing.

We also get basic cable, but mine has a problem so I haven't used it yet. They assure me this will get resolved soon.