It was a beautiful facility but beyond my price range

Silverado Peoria

My mother lives at Silverado Peoria and, overall, the experience had been pretty good. Generally, the staff is excellent, and they do pretty well complying with our requests. The community is clean and well-maintained with no strange odors. They do also have activities for the residents to enjoy, and I like that it is very close by. We have been trying to get a new wheelchair for my mother and it has taken some time for the staff to get the process going. I had to mention it again to them a couple of weeks ago, and it seems they are beginning to process the request. As far as meals go, they don’t have a lot of variety for those with special diets. My mother is diabetic and gluten free. They are constantly giving her chicken breast because they don’t have other suitable options. Despite these couple of issues, our experience with Silverado has been generally positive.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your kind words and feedback. As you mentioned, our associates are fully committed to providing world-class care to our residents as well as their family members. Our associates treat our residents with the same love, dignity and respect that they show their own loved ones. Our culinary services are a point of pride for us as we aim to provide residents with food that is both appealing and nutritious. Thanks again for the review, we hope you'll swing by the community soon!

Mom is engaging in activities!!

As far as I know, everything is going well. It is very nice to see my mother partaking in activities. When I went to visit, she was coloring and doing other mind stimulating activities she was not doing when she was living at home. I've been there for lunch and the meals seemed good. I heard that breakfast is pretty basics and I have not been theirs during dinner. It is a good place from what I can tell.

Silverado Representative

We're happy to hear that your mother is thriving and joining in our daily activities! As you have experienced, Silverado offers engagement plans with age-appropriate activities and resident outings that help create a sense of normalcy and purpose. Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments! We look forward to continue to be a trusted resource for you and your family.

Kind Tour

We had a lovely tour of this facility. Everyone was very kind. The community looked great, and the staff was very kind.

Silverado Representative

We're happy to hear that you had a chance to visit our community and experience the Silverado difference. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and recognize our kind associates.

A wonderful place to be

A close friend has lived at Silverado for about a year now and she loves it there. She is much happier since moving to Silverado and everyone is so caring and welcoming. [Removed]are two of the main caretakers there and they are truly wonderful! These girls make sure her hair and makeup is done everyday and I am so thankful for them. The nursing director is not always helpful, and she seems somewhat absent minded. She is sometimes rude to the care staff, but I have no other complaints. I would definitely recommend to anyone in need of memory care. They really know what they are doing, and can handle difficult behaviors. The activities director, kitchen staff and nurses are top of the line and I couldn't be happier with the care provided. Thank you Silverado! You have given life back to my friend and words cannot express how happy I am that she found you.

Hi Helen,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback. We are happy to hear that your friend is thriving at Silverado. As you noticed, our associates are committed to providing world-class care to our residents. Silverado is truly one big family - our associates treat our residents with the same love, dignity and respect that they show their own loved ones.

They were helpful and gracious

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your review, Donna!

AWESOME

Silverado Peoria is amazing. My Mother has lived there for a little over a year now, and she loves it there. Whenever I ask her if she is happy there, she says, "Well, why wouldn't I be". Everything I need is here and every loves me here. It is so wonderful. When I moved my Mom there, it was a bit more than we truly wanted to spend, but I am so thrilled we did. I don't have to worry about her. The food is good, she has gained weight, didn't really need to. The programs are great, with an Activity Director that has more energy than 3 people combined. You don't need to worry if your loved one moves here.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We're happy to hear that your mother is thriving and enjoying life at Silverado. At Silverado, we incorporate a combination of dementia care techniques and focus on restorative care creates a community environment to truly improve quality of life for our residents. Thanks again for leaving a review!

My Mother In law Is Doing Awesome Here

My mother in law is doing very well here at this community. They are taking very good care of her and her needs. The staff is great, they are very willing to help. They offer great meals, she is pleased with the food. They do a good job of keeping the community well maintained. There are activities offered, but I wish they would encourage her more to participate. Overall I know she is receiving good care. I would recommend this community.

Silverado Representative

Hello! Thank you for trusting us to love and care for your mother-in-law. Our associates treat our residents with the same love, dignity and respect that they show their own loved ones. It really is our privilege and honor to care for your loved one. We hope you'll swing by the community soon!

I did an after hours tour. The facility was nice and had many amenities but was just not as warm or lively as some other places that were similar. The price was very high for similar services being offered elsewhere that were much more affordable.

Silverado Representative

Hello, we appreciate your comments and feedback. We are happy that you had an opportunity to tour our Peoria community. We encourage you to visit our community again to really see the value of our exceptional care and unmatched service.

Very caring staff, all of them!

Things are going as good as can be expected since moving my Mom to Silverado Peoria. She is doing good and adjusting a little bit. This is a smaller community which I like. I like the staff very much, they are very caring people, all of them. No matter if administrative or kitchen staff, they all offer support and they care for the residents. I would say the food is average. They do offer a lot of activities, different kinds of things for the residents to participate in if they choose to do so.

Silverado Representative

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We pride ourselves in being industry leaders in memory and dementia care. As you noted, all of our associates are committed to treating our residents with love, respect and dignity! Each and every one of our associates are dedicated to providing world-class service and care to our residents and their family members.

Beautifully maintained

The cleanliness of the building is one of the first things you notice when you walk into the building. The staff here is excellent and so is the level of care. Overall a very nice place that is maintained beautifully.

Silverado Representative

At Silverado, providing a clean, safe, beautiful, and home-like environment where residents can thrive is our top priority. We are glad to hear that you had a positive experience at Silverado Peoria and enjoyed it's beautiful grounds!

Responsive Staff

They have done really well with meeting my aunt's needs. Any time I have something that needs to be done I can just call them and I get an immediate response and have whatever it is taken care of right away.

Silverado Representative

Hello! Thank you for recognizing our staff and the amazing care that they provide. As you mentioned, our associates are fully committed to providing the best care and will always respond to any questions in a timely manner.

Unmatched Care

I do not think that there is another place in the valley that can match Silverado Peoria as far as the staff and the care goes. I do think they have grown so fast that they are now understaffed though.

Silverado Representative

We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience at Silverado. We are committed to providing unmatched, world-class care to both our residents and their family members. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continue being a trusted resource for you and your family.

A name only does not earn a fee.

My sister has been very pleased with Silverado. They have been outstanding in every respect.
Not so with A Place for Mom. When we first learned that her husband would need to be placed in memory Care I asked my church`s parish nurse for recommendations and she gave me several I also checked the internet. That is how you got my name. From that point forward your organization badgered me incessantly. I finally got battle worn and demanded that you stop and you did 7 months ago. I also requested of Silverado that you not receive a fee just based on a name only.
All of this because I went onto your web site.
As far as I am concerned you have not earned a fee- not even a finders fee. David R, Green for Shirley Wirth,

Silverado Representative

David, thank you for your comments. We are glad that you and your sister have been pleased with our care and service!

We are very happy

We are very happy with the Silverado, they are very responsive and caring. The community is very clean and the staff are very friendly. The value care and services are very good.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We look forward to continue to be a resource for you and your family in the future.

It's been terrific! They have been absolutely wonderful.

It's been terrific! They have been absolutely wonderful. They took great care of my dad when he was here. And they are doing a great job with my mom now. The activities are great. The food is very good too. It's clean, and the staff is very friendly. I don't have any complaints about them at all. They have been great.

Silverado Representative

We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience at our Peoria community. As you know, our associates are dedicated to providing world-class care to not only our residents but to their family members as well. You're always welcomed to participate in our activities and enjoy a complimentary meal with your loved one! Thank you for taking the time to review our community and we look forward to continue being a trusted resource for you and your family.

Fantastic community!

They do an amazing job at Silverado Peoria! We saw quite a few communities and this one was absolutely the best. It's an expensive community, but if you can afford it is worth every penny. It's a beautiful, clean, well kept community, and the staff are all very friendly. They're a brand new community, and the staff all seem very competent and attentive. I also really like the all-inclusive pricing structure, you'll never be charged extra for care, food, outings, etc.

Silverado Representative

We are glad to hear that you had a positive experience! We appreciate your positive feedback. Comments like these motivate us to continue enriching the lives of our residents and their families. As one of our newest communities, Silverado Peoria has state-of-the-art amenities and beautiful grounds. We hope that you will visit the community soon and join your loved one for a complimentary meal!

Very nice community

Things have gone very well at Silverado Peoria. It's an attractive new building, and they do a great job keeping things looking clean and well kept. The staff do an excellent job looking after the residents here. The staff are very attentive, calming, and observant of the moods and attitudes of the people they care for. They're fairly expensive, but it is a great value for the level of care that they provide.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to review our Peoria community! As you noted, the building is brand new and has many state-of-the-art amenities. Our care and programs are tailored to meet the specific functional level of each individual resident. Programs within each neighborhood challenge each person appropriately without being too simple or frustrating. Our associates are trained to meet the social, cognitive and behavioral needs of residents through advanced communication skills and techniques to prevent or intervene in disruptive behaviors. We are glad that you had a positive experience and look forward to continue to be a trusted resource for you and your loved one.

too expensive @ $257/day ...

too expensive @ $257/day private room = $7700/month -- sounds very nice, won't open until 3/1/14? but won't fit our budget

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your feedback!