Silverado Orchard Park - Morton Grove, IL

Very gentle and caring staff

I think that my Father is getting adequate care here. He is slowly adjusting and they have done a good job with addressing his pain, which is something that had been ignored by previous caregivers, so he is a lot calmer. They are very gentle with him, which my siblings and I appreciate. Moving him in was very easy and everyone made him, and the family, feel welcome. They have worked to make us part of the community and we have met several other family members of other residents. I am concerned with his eating, however. Since they have many people on the floor he is on that need help eating and have been at the facility longer, he’s typically left as the last one to be fed. But they’re doing their best. They are certainly aware of how, and when, he gets anxious and have actually gotten him to tell them what it is that’s making him anxious (in this instance it’s the way they help him in and out of bed and his wheelchair). I am trying to be realistic and give both my Father and the facility time to adjust to each other. He has only been there for 6-8 weeks, so I am going to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. But overall, it hasn’t been a bad experience.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for recognizing our caring staff. As you mentioned, the transitional phase can be difficult and it may take some time to adjust. We appreciate your additional feedback so we can improve upon our care and services. Our associates are highly committed to providing attentive, compassionate care and excellent service to not only our residents but to their family members as well. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we hope to be a trusted resource for you and your family.

Engaging Staff, Loved One is Well

I feel we have finally navigated through the adjustment process, and my friend is doing well with her move to this community. I do comfortable with her move to this community. I know she in good hands, and safe. They have a good staff, and they are attentive, and helpful. They do a good job with the cleanliness, it is a clean community. I think they do a good job engaging with their residents. This is a nice community, and I would recommend it.

Silverado Representative

Hello, we are glad to hear that you friend is adjusting well! Our associates are dedicated to providing compassionate, world-class care in a safe and lively environment. We hope you'll swing by the community to visit your friend soon!

A good match

The entire staff are friendly, helpful and they encourage the residents to be active. They offer a lot of daily activities. They try to keep the residents out of their room and socializing. They keep the community clean and I would recommend this community.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for recognizing our friendly staff! As you noted, Silverado Orchard Park is a lively environment with many age-appropriate activities and resident outings that help create a sense of normalcy and purpose. Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments!

Quality care but at a cost

My Aunt lives here and she is happy but they have a very high rent. They do a good job here. Her appearance has improved.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your comments. We pride ourselves in providing individualized memory care that is just as focused on mind and spirit as it is on body. We are so happy to hear that your aunt is thriving and enjoying life at Silverado. We look forwarded to continue to be a trusted resource for you and your family in the future.

Warm, Caring and Engaging Community

Caring staff, clean facility and warm environment.
Need to get residents out in the sunshine or out of their facility at least once a week- might be a problem in the winter.

Staff effective in engaging mom and getting her to participate in the activities.

Food is good and they do everything to encourage and welcome family members.

Silverado Representative

Lisa, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve our care. During the winters, it is difficult for our residents to enjoy the outdoors but we do have activities and outings year-round! At Silverado, we focus on the individual and celebrate ability, not limitation. Our innovative style of care enriches lives by focusing on what makes each resident a unique a special individual.

It fell more like an institution, not really homey. Staff was friendly and kind. Seemed very busy with many people around

Silverado Representative

Hello, thank you for sharing your comments and providing feedback. We welcome feedback so that we can continue to improve upon the world-class environment for which we are known. Providing a clean, beautiful, and home-like environment where residents can thrive is our top priority.

Staff lacks compassion

It's ran like a business. The sales lady there is horrible, she should be a used care salesman.She's very aggressive and lacks compassion. The head nurse was good but some of the nurses didn't seem to care. We are very disappointed.

Silverado Representative

Silverado's philosophy is to provide world-class care through a skilled, compassionate staff and we appreciate your feedback.

Outstanding new home

I like this community for good care. The food is good and families are welcome to have meals with their loved ones. They have a great variety of activities. It is nice for her to participate with others. The staff are always very helpful to her needs and helping her at any time. They have great therapy for her and she is enjoying it a lot which has been making her stronger. A lot of extras are included. She was able to bring in a lot of her own personal items which made her feel at home. I would recommend the care to other families.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for recognizing our associates and the amazing care that they provide. At Silverado, we are one big family and treat our residents with love, dignity and respect.

My tour!!

The people I met at this community during my tour were nice. The community looked clean. This was not the right fit for us as it is more for city people and we were looking for a more rural setting.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to tour our community and leave a review. We appreciate the kind words!

Excellent Care for my father.

This is a great community. My father is very happy here. The staff is outstanding. A great variety when it comes to the food. Wonderful activities are offered. I highly recommend this for other families. Keri [Removed] was outstanding!

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We're happy to hear that your father is thriving and enjoying life at Silverado. We look forward to continue being a resource for you and your family.

Wonderful place filled with skilled and loving staff members.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your review! As always, our associates continue to be fully committed to providing quality care to our residents and their family.

I would recommend this community!!!!!

When my mom first moved in the food was mediocre but they have since hired a new chef and it is much better. The staff are wonderful and they make it feel like a home and not a senior community. She participates in lots of activities and really enjoys the music on the weekends. Silverado Orchard Park is kept beautiful and the residents are able to enjoy their surroundings.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Silverado's culinary services are a point of pride for us as we aim to provide residents with food that is both appealing and nutritious. As you mentioned, Silverado is a home-like environment. Our associates treat our residents with the same love, dignity and respect that they show their own loved ones. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to care and get to know your mother! It really is our privilege and honor to care for your loved one.

So much better!

Silverado Orchard Creek is a really nice place to be and since my mother in law has moved in there has definitely been an up kick in her attitude. Since moving in she's made a few "friends" and really seems to enjoy the food as well. I really can't say enough nice things about the place and would definitely recommend them.

Silverado Representative

We love hearing from Silverado family members. Feedback like this truly motivates us to change the way the world cares for those with memory impairments. We hope that you'll swing by the community to enjoy a meal with your mother-in-law and her new friends!

We had an unhappy experience in another senior care facility. So we recently moved Mom to give her a fresh start. What a difference it has made. She is in physical therapy now and very motivated working to build up her strength. She is able to walk short supervised distances with the walker. Not bad for 98. I get detailed reports of her progress weekly and hopefully, soon she will be able to spend more time on her feet every day.
The facility is set up more like a communal home. A den like room offers big screen TV with comfy chairs and tables for activities. The dining room tables are set, with flowers and table cloths and she likes the food! I had lunch with her recently and was very pleased. There seems to be a good ratio of staff to residents and everyone is friendly and patient. Go and have a look and judge for yourself.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that your mother is thriving at Silverado! Creating a safe, lively environment where residents can flourish is our top priority. As always, our associates are dedicated to providing the best care for our residents and their family members.

great food

The food is great! This facility is rated all 5 stars. Friendly staff, very clean and they provide great care services.

Silverado Representative

Silverado's culinary services are a point of pride for us as we aim to serve food that is both appealing and nutritious. Thank you for recognizing our team and the amazing care they provide!

Further review needed

Still in the reviewing process but it does seem that they need more staff in all area's and should keep to their promises on care giving, well give and updated review at a later time.

Silverado Representative

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate your feedback!

I like the staff and the food here.

There have been some issues with things missing, and other residents taking his things, and being a little aggressive. I like the staff and the food here. I chose it based on how much nicer it was than all the other places I looked at.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for recognizing our phenomenal staff and delicious cuisine. Each of our associates are committed to providing the best quality of care to our residents and their families.

Seemed like a nice place!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I thought Silverado Orchard Park seemed like a very nice place! They took a lot of time with the tour and explained everything very well, as well as answering any questions I had. I was impressed!

Silverado Representative

We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience and enjoyed your tour! We take pride in being the industry leaders in the memory care field and are glad that we were able to answer some of your questions. We hope to be a future educational resource for you and your family!

clean and friendly

The place is very clean. The staff is very friendly. The only thing that I would say is the nursing for the medication seemed at times like they didn't know what they were doing. When I ask specific questions about that it is hard to get the details I am wanting to know. That said, we are pleased and dad is happy.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate all feedback and would be happy to discuss any of your concerns directly.

They are doing a great job!

We just started using the day services here. I really like the facility, they offer lots of activities and do a good job keeping the residents busy. They have a great staff and good food, and we like the two therapy dogs they have. I like that I can switch days with only a phone call. I don't have any complaints so far, they are doing a great job!

Silverado Representative

We are glad to hear that you had a positive experience with our flexible care! We are continuously innovating and improving the level of our services. Methods such as pet therapy, art programs and a social atmosphere augment the effects of traditional treatments and have shown wonderful results. Thank you for taking the time to review our Orchard Park community!

We are pretty pleased with Silverado.

We are pretty pleased with Silverado. So far they have been very good. They have been very responsive to us, and we are happy with them at this point.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your comments! We look forward to continue to be a trusted resource for you and your family.

Not for my family member

I went there to see the facility because a friend's mother lives there and I was looking for a facility for my mother to live. After talking to a few people there I was surprised to find out that there has been a large turnover in staff after new management. I did not feel that this is appropriate for Alzheimer 's residents. Therefore I decided not to choose Silverado.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for visiting Silverado’s memory care community in Morton Grove, IL. Silverado acquired this community in 2013 when the previous operator ceased operations. We have doubled in size during the past year and continue to recruit and retain best in class associates to service our residents at our Orchard Park community.

I've had a very positive experience w...

I've had a very positive experience with Silverado- Orchard Park. The staff there is great. They are however, having some difficulty keeping my husband busy because he does not have Alzheimers, only dementia. The food could also be better. But all in all, I'm pleased with their services.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to review our Orchard Park community! As you noticed, our staff is great and fully committed to providing world-class care. Silverado memory care experts specialize in dementia and Alzheimer's care and are always working on ways to improve. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to continue to be a trusted resource for you and your family.

I could really tell they put their residents first.

It's very clean, and the staff is super friendly. The amount of care is incredibly good with the value. The only thing that can go either way, is that they allow animals. I get it, but if I am reaching for something to be improved, maybe having an area where they weren't allowed would be something, it's not a huge deal, just a little strange to me. We chose them because of Stacey Wilkinson who was just great. She took a lot of time to understand what we needed and who my loved one was. I could really tell they put their residents first.

Silverado Representative

Brent, thank you for your comments! We appreciate the feedback. As always, our associates continue to be highly committed to providing the best care to our residents and their family members.

kind and competent

Good energy, good food, and kind, attentive, highly competent caregivers and other staff. Also a beautiful place. We, including Mom, feel lucky to have found it. Its now-three residential floors are generally geared to the level of memory impairment.

Exceptional activities or "engagement" programming, a house dog and two cats, guests free at any meal (even every night for dinner!), very nice rooms, green neighborhood setting. Staff are genuinely friendly and seem to enjoy their jobs.

After a medical assessment, on-site rehab - PT, OT, and also speech therapy for memory work. Caregivers are reducing dependence on the wheelchair by working in more use of the walker. Responsive to requests for how we want things for Mom!

Silverado Representative

Carol, we are happy to hear that you and your mother had a great experience at Silverado. Feedback like this truly motivates us to continue to enrich the lives of those we serve. We are glad that your mother enjoys our engagement activities. Our care and engagement programs are tailored to meet the specific functional level of each individual resident. Programs within each neighborhood challenge each person appropriately without being too simple or frustrating. Thanks again for taking the time to review Silverado Orchard Park!

No Medicaid $198 - $260/day...

No Medicaid $198 - $260/day - $5900 - $8000 monthly

Silverado Representative

Thanks for taking the time to review Silverado Orchard Park.

Beautiful, not a good fit for a person with a lot of fall risks.

This was a five in every thing that I saw, but our situation was unique, and they weren't equipped to handle it as well as they thought, or said that they could. When I got there and I first visited, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. There were cats and dogs, and the people were so pleasant. Everything was beautiful and clean, there were no odors. The dining room was like a four star restaurant. The residents were all well groomed and seemed to be well attended to. I spoke with the director and was very up front about the unique challenges, caring for my brother presented. They assured me they could handle it. They had a no restraint policy, none whatsoever. I visited constantly for the first week and a half and then I got sick and couldn't visit for a while. In the week and a half that I was sick, he fell 13 times, and after a stay of only 3 weeks we brought him home, and they greatest guy on the planet, my brother passed away. I know he presented unique challenges, and I think this is a great community, but it really didn't work out for us. If your loved one has a lot of trouble with falls and is really in need of restraints, that might be an issue here.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and we apologize that it did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide personalized care that meets every resident’s needs, no matter how specialized they may be. We assure you that comments and concerns are always taken into consideration and used to help us deal with unique care situations that may occur in the future.

Loving it!!

The activities are great! They go on bus trips and everything. They are one on one, they go to Dunkin' Donuts, Ruby Tuesdays, and the botanical gardens, those kinds of things. The food is okay, it's not highly seasoned, but it's good for them. They have great entertainment, a great tap dancer came the other day. They never restrain them, they are very, very good at dealing with the residents. There are no odors or anything, it always smells nice. The two guys that own it are psychiatrists and they know what their doing, I am reading their book now. They are new and they have room, they have four floors. They are also going to have rehab there too.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. At Silverado, we put an emphasis on social engagement and provide individualized engagement plans customized for each resident’s preference! We are glad that your loved one is enjoying some of our fun outings!

I have had a favorable response with this community.

I have had a favorable response with this community. My loved one is doing well. They have been very nice, and have worked very hard with my loved one. They are even helping with her communication skills. I think some of the issues we have had, have been from the communication issues, such as being able to figure out when a resident may need some alone time, we are working on that. The animals they have here is an absolute godsend, they require a cat and a dog for every 25 residents. They don't just have cats and dogs either, they have guinea pigs, and rabbits too. They allow you to bring your animals with you here as well, and they charge only a nominal fee to care for them. The meals have been nice, and the activities have been good. They have entertainment once or twice a week, their outside activities should be ramping up more as the weather permits. They have only had this place since something like last November. My only complaint at this point is sometimes it can be hard to get in and out on the evenings and weekends, but they are working on that too, by updating the phone system and getting a pager system going as well. All in all we are very pleased!

Silverado Representative

Thanks for taking the time to review our community! As you noted, pet therapy is a cornerstone to our unique philosophy care. Our community pets bring a smile to our residents' faces every day!

Can't Complain

My loved one was only there for a short time, but I can't complain. When they showed me around, I saw that they offered activities. The price was high, but it was comprable to others in the area. They did charge an exrta administrative fee, though. The care services were what we were looking for.

Silverado Representative

Quality of life is first and foremost at Silverado! Our engagement programs and specially trained associates further our mission of enriching the lives of those we serve, whether promoting lifelong participation in a favorite hobby or taking up a new one. We are glad that you had a positive experience at Silverado. Thank you for your comment!

Silverado-Orchard Park Review

We placed my father-in-law in Silverado-Orchard Park and have been extremely pleased with the environment.
It is very family friendly, treats the residents with respect, the caretakers are very attentive, and the medical staff are conscientious. We feel we made the correct decision.

Silverado Representative

Peter, thanks for taking the time to review our community. At Silverado, we pride ourselves in providing individualized memory care that is just as focused on mind and spirit as it is on body. As you noticed, our associates treat and care for our residents with dignity and respect. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We look forward to continue to be a resource to you, your family, and your father-in-law.

If you are looking for a community that only focuses on Alzheimer's and Dementia care, I recommend Silverado Orchard Park

Wonderful. Everyone here works to provide your loved one with compassion and understanding of their special needs. The environment is light, warm and engaging. EVERYONE is provided training on how to interact with residents and it makes a very positive difference. I feel comfortable knowing that my father will receive excellent care, treated with dignity and that I am included and kept in the loop on all matters concerning him. Thank you for providing an option to those who really need specialized Alzheimer's and Dementia care.

Silverado Representative

WB, thank you for your positive feedback! As you noted, Orchard Park is a warm and inviting community filled with expertly trained and congenial staff who are team players and follow the “Silverado Way,” which is “Love more than fear.” We are happy to continue to be a trusted resource!

Finally at peace!

I was beside myself and wondering where I was going to place my mom. Lisa B was invaluable in helping me find the perfect place. Her expertise, understanding and compassion made this an effortless move. Silverado is all memory care and exactly what my mom needed. They love her there and all the things that were problematic at the last facility are no problem at all.
I finally have peace of mind and heart.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy that you had a positive experience. We pride ourselves in being the experts in memory care and look forward to continue to be a resource to you and your mother.

Also very impressed. Prices are good....

Also very impressed. Prices are good. All kinds of doctors will be there including vision and dentist. Rooms/bathrooms very spacious, colors nice. Need 2yr guarentee private pay. Have a special room when they get excited or just to excite the senses. Pet tharapy and outdoor facilities. Can have family dinners in private dinning room or bring own food. Price all inclusive. Need 1mo. rent then will be prorated on 1st statement. Also one time fee is required. Fully furnished, can bring a chair. Need 15 days of clothing and personal items. Residents wear GPS watches, track in computer and alarms go off if opening outside doors.

Silverado Representative

We are glad that you had a positive experience. Our highly-skilled staff continue to be highly committed to providing unmatched service and exceptional care to those we serve. Thank you for sharing your Silverado story!

Still under construction but, there i...

Still under construction but, there is a model unit in a trailer. Sounds like a fine facility but, would need to see it in operation to actually get a "feel" for the place.

Silverado Representative

Thanks for taking the time to tour our community. Now that construction is completed, we encourage you to visit Silverado Orchard Park to get a better feel of the community!

The skilled, compassionate memory care professionals at Silverado are dedicated to providing residents with the dignity and care they deserve while they enjoy the community’s warm atmosphere. Comfortable surroundings and engagement activities designed with the needs of memory-impaired individuals in mind help ensure the goal of enriching the lives of both residents and their families.

City Info

Morton Grove is a suburban Illinois city with a population of about 23,000 people. The area is growing at a rate of 3.6 percent per decade.

- Walkability Score: 60

- Average Age in the Zip Code: 44.91

- Senior Housing Facilities in the Zip Code: Morton Grove Senior Apartments (Independent Senior Apartment Living), Chestnut Square at the Glen (Retirement Community), Vi at the Glen (Retirement Community), The Homestead at Morton Grove (Retirement Community), Wellshire Assisted Living (Assisted Living), Brookdale Niles (Assisted Living), & Silverado Orchard Memory Park Memory Care Community (Assisted Living & Memory Support)

- Average Weather Info: The average temperatures in Morton Grove range between 31 and 84 degrees. The month with the most precipitation is August where Morton Grove averages 4.9 inches.

- Veterans Facilities in the Area: American Legion (Veterans Organization) & Morton Grove Village Administration (City Government Office)

Transportation

Morton Grove is a suburban area where there are plenty of options for transportation. You will always be able to get around some way or another even if you don't drive or own a car yourself.

- Buses: Morton Grove is serviced by the Pace Bus Company.

- Trains: The Metra train runs through the region with the Milwaukee District North (MD-N) to Fox Run running through Morton Grove, IL.

- Taxis: Park Ridge Taxi Cabs, ARP Taxi & Cab, Chicago 001 Call Taxi, Party Bus Limousine Service, Niles Flash Cab Association, 303 Taxi, Americana Express Taxi, Black Bird Coach, American Executive Towncar, Vernon Hills Taxi, A1 Classic Limousine Group, & American Traveler Limousine Services.

- Ride Shares: Both Lyft & Uber area established in Morton Grove, Illinois.

Health & Safety

Morton Hills is home to several major hospitals. The crime rate in the area is average and comparable to other cities of its size across the state of Illinois & the US.

- Hospitals in the Area: Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, NorthShore University HealthSystem, Northshore Medical Group - Skokie, & Rainbow Hospital & Palliative Care

- Crime Rate: The crime rate in Morton Grove, IL safer than 64% of other communities, cities, and towns in the US that are of the same size. 51% of communities of this size in Illinois have lower crime rates than Morton Grove.

Sports & Leisure

Morton Grove, IL is a suburban neighborhood that is close to many other cities which provides plenty of sports and leisure attractions for everyone. No matter what you enjoy doing, you will find something to do in the Morton Grove

- Golf Courses: Chick Evans Golf Course, Tom O'Shanter Golf Course, Glenview Park Golf Club, Tam O'Shanter Golf Course, & Weber Park Golf Course

- Tennis Courts/Clubs Nearby: Skokie Park Tennis Courts, TAM Tennis & Fitness, Glenview Tennis Club, Harrer Park, & Morton Grove Park District

- Gyms Nearby: Life Time Athletic, Curves (Yoga), & North Branch Yoga

Shopping & Entertainment

Morton Groves is just one of many suburbs in the area, which means that there is always plenty to do. Whether you are a fan of shopping, eating out, going to the movies, or other attractions you will always be able to find something to do.

- Clothes Shopping Nearby: Carson's Clearance Center, Style 4 U, The Red Carpet Boutique, Robin Elliot Ltd., Emanuele Tuxedo Rental & Sales, TJ Maxx, Spaze Apparel, Eddie Bauer Outlet, & Vogue Fashion

- Grocery Stores: Morton Grove Food Mart, Richwell Market, Ruby Indo Pak Grocery, Fresh Farms, Himalaya Groceries, Unimart One Stop Shopping, ALDI, Jerry's Fruit & Garden, Fresh Farms Niles, Market Place on Oakton, Tony's Finer Foods, & Heinen's Grocery Store

- Restaurants: Las Fuentes Restaurant, Pequod's Pizza, Lai Thai Restaurant, Kappy's American Grill, Boba Burger, China Chef, Marilyn's Restaurant & Pancake House, Sri Siam, Thai Restaurant, Gioridano's, Culver's, Burt's Place, Sushi Kaya, Gail's Carriage Grove, El Sol Restaurant, Palace Cantonese Restaurant, Charcoal Flame, Dempster Fish, Nano's Pizza & Biggie's

- Movie Theaters: AMC Showplace Niles 12, AMC Showplace Village Crossing 18, Pickwick Theatre, Movie Max Cinema, ArcLights Cinemas - Glenview, Skokie Theatre, The Wilmette Theatre, Block Cinema - Northwestern University, Golf Glen Theatre, Music Box Theatre, Bensenville Theatre, & Regal Cinemas Gardens 1-6

- Libraries: Morton Grove Public Library

- Hair Salons: Faust of Italy Hair Salon/Spa, Sessions Hair Art, Choah Hair Cordi, Sarah's Hair Designs, Hair Studio, & Beha Super Salon

- Attractions: House of Torment Haunted Houses Chicago, The Grove, Linne Woods, Classic Bowl, Harms Woods-Central, Harms Woods - North, Leaning Tower of Niles, Emily Oaks Nature Center, Oketo Park, & Frank Bobrytzke Forest

Religious Centers

There are many religious centers in the Morton Grove area for people who have a variety of different beliefs.

- Religious Centers: St. Luke's Christian Community, St. Martha Catholic Church, Jerusalem Evangelical Lutheran, Morton Grove Community Church, MCC Masjid & Expansion, St. Mary's Knanaya Catholic Church, Kingdom Hall of Jehova's Witnesses, Morton Grove Japanese Congregation, Korean Ark Covanent Church, St. Peter's Catholic Church, & Divine Word Religious Gift Shop.