Norwood Crossing - Chicago, IL

Norwood Crossing, a not-for-profit community located on the Northwest side of Chicago, has been serving older adults since 1896. Each day, Norwood Crossing holds true to their mission of enhancing the independence and well-being of older adults. Norwood Crossing offers several levels of service on its campus. The Assisted Living program, designed to care for a variety of resident needs, is focused around resident choice and independence. Two program-based memory support units provide care for residents with Alzheimer’s Disease and other forms of dementia. Norwood Crossing also offers Medicare services for post-hospitalization care, providing physical, occupational and speech therapy. All residents enjoy top of the line amenities including fine restaurant-style dining and a full array of activities including outings, dance therapy, music therapy, art therapy, and more. With its beautiful surroundings, excellent staff and innovative programming, Norwood Crossing is a truly unique community with a caring, compassionate staff and an unwavering standard of excellence.

The facility is clean and the staff very caring and helpful. I gave it 4 stars because the food needs significant improvement.

I was very impressed with the facility. Stephanie was honest and caring about the services they could provide. Although the facility was in the middle of renovations, the rooms that were finished were clean, bright and ready for tenants.

Not Good for Mom

My mom is in skilled nursing at Norwood Crossing. The CA's they employ are not well trained and often they are understaffed. This leads to poor care and long wait times when assistance is needed. Also they are very expensive and overcharge for a lot of things and charge you for things that you do not receive. The facility needs to be renovated where the long term residents are located and the food is bad. There is a definite disconnect between management and staff.

Nice place, overall

My loved one has only been here a brief time, but so far things have gone well at Norwood Crossing! The community is clean and well kept, and the residents are safe and well cared for. The admissions process was very smooth and made the transition an easy one. My biggest complaint would be that I think they could use a few more people working in their assisted living section. The staff they do have are wonderful, but the response times for call buttons can be very very slow.

Norwood Crossing has been very fine.

Norwood Crossing has been very fine. I haven't had any complaints so far. It seems to be working out.

Norwood Crossing has been very fine.

Norwood Crossing has been very fine. It's a nice place and I liked it from the beginning. I haven't had any complaints so far. It seems to be working out.

Large facility with ongoing updates. Comprehensive services.
Older "sheltered" living area is still very nice and roomy.
Evidence of ? Volunteer involvement to encourage residents to be involved in activities.
Very close to Dick.
Mom remembers this facility and is familiar with the area."norwegian old folks home"
May be difficult for mom to get to dr and activities. Help available $$.
Dick close to moniter, visit assist.
revisit 5/21. App submitted 5/23

Norwood Crossing is a great place.

Norwood Crossing is a great place. It's clean, and well funded. It's beautiful. The staff is very nice, they're great, I tried to tip them once and they wouldn't accept it. A few of the people who work there have been there more than 15 years. The nurse started as a CNA and has been there 13 years. They have a large terrace on the fourth floor where they can look out at the skyline. They offer different levels of care. So far it's everything I expected and more.

The Staff as a whole are Very very good.

I feel really good about Norwood Crossing, the admissions office is very friendly, responsive and helpful. The staff as a whole are very very good. Once there, she was well cared for, even though she fell through the loop when she first arrived. The cleanliness of the community is okay, One of the food area's is not as better as the others. Mom gets very good care there, they do go on outings, but would prefer the residents to use the in community doctors.

There are two sections of assisted living in this facility...sheltered care (the older part and assisted living. Sheltered care is cheaper but very depressing and old looking. The rooms are so small, and seem even more depressing, and there is a nursing care around that area, but ugh. Assisted living is brand new, and huge, and very nice. However, it was like a large hotel so for someone who needed extra support and help, I would be afraid that they may get lost in all of that. This is a great place for an active adult who needs a little looking after, but not for someone who may need extra support. Their skilled nursing care was new but seemed depressing somehow.

Nice place but very expensive.

This was a very nice place, and the people were friendly. But it was very expensive, and they nickle and dime you. Our loved one's money would not have lasted very long here, if we had stayed.

So far it's good.

So far it's good. We go up and visit her everyday, and there aren't any concerns. It's clean and the staff is friendly. She is settling in and making friends. It's working out really well.

Review of Norwood Crossing Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Chicago, IL

This place does not meet our expectations. It was the most expensive place we visited and the least impressive.

Good place to be

I have been pleasantly surprised with Norwood Crossing overall. Since the woman I am guardian for will be going on public aid, I was afraid this place would be sub standard. Their have been some issues to work out but Norwood has been very cooperative. I feel that Norwood is just as good as Sunrise Assisted Living, if not better. Sunrise of Buffalo Grove is run very poorly.

Great looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This place was very impressive! It was a beautiful facility, it looked like they had a huge variety of activities, and the staff were all very friendly. It was also a very large community, which we thought might be a bit difficult for our loved one to navigate. It was also one of the more expensive communities we looked at.

Seemed nice, but not appropriate carewise

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. It was a nice looking community, and definitely somewhere I would have considered as an option for her. However, after seeing her list of medications we were informed she would not be appropriate for the community.

Liked this community

It’s a learning experience. They have monitors and maybe they should have placed it differently. There’s some learning curve. Compared to all the other communities I’ve seen – I really like this one. When there’s an issue, I know I can contact them and they get it take care of right away. You can tell by their accents that some of them really care, are really people persons.

Said NO based on behaviors.

Said NO based on behaviors.

Pricing was vague

It was nice, and we liked them. However we didn't choose them because the pricing was very vague. They had several levels of assisted living, but you didn't know what care would be included in the price. They said they would have to assess and re-evaluate after a few weeks. We had found a place that was more detailed and inclusive.

I really like the facility ...

I really like the facility and need to seriously consider the financial aspects before deciding. I am also waiting to see what services will be needed for my mother.

feedback

we could have not done this without a place for Mom...............they were fantastic from day one.
we found the perfect place for her that we would never had known about.

Dad's only just settled in but so far so good.

Dad's only just starting to settle in but, he's says he likes it and the staff and residents are nice to him. I've found the office staff and CNA's to be very helpful and caring.

My Second Choice

This was my second choice. The atmosphere was positive and upbeat. I liked them a lot. I liked the energy that I felt when I walked in. They seem to offer a lot to the seniors and it was clean.

possibility

possibility

Has lots to offer - very "top of the ...

Has lots to offer - very "top of the line" - but, expensive. A nice feature is that someone can try it out for a week or two before making a commitment to live there.

General Assisted Living is private pa...

General Assisted Living is private pay only. Sheltered Care is covered by medicare but only a private bedroom. Sending brochure and application to me. Once application is accepted, stays open for 6 months.