Silverado Onion Creek - Austin, TX

Best memory care facility

This was the most expensive place I looked at out of 6 communities. Even though it was expensive, I could see a lot of pros to their facility. They had a lot of innovative things for memory care. It had 4 wings and each wing was a different stage of memory care. They were also partnered with the University and working with a few different memory programs to help with Alzheimer’s. The care was first class and had a lot of nurses. Everyone was very qualified. This has to be the best facility hands down in terms of memory care. It’s also a very large facility and staff spent a lot of time helping residents find their way. I would highly recommend this facility.

Silverado Representative

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Silverado, our around-the-clock nursing team, masters prepared social workers and experienced leadership team further add to the peace of mind our families value. From the warm, welcoming surroundings to the life-enriching programs and activities, Silverado communities are designed to help residents maintain an active and engaged lifestyle that may delay physical decline, while providing them with an enhanced quality of life.Thank you again for your review!

My visit

This looked like a nice clean community when we visited. We liked this community, however it was a little more expensive than the community we chose. The staff were nice and professional and they did seem to offer some daily activities.

Silverado Representative

We're happy to hear that you that you had a chance to tour Silverado Onion Creek. As you noticed, our associates are committed to providing quality care and excellent service. At Silverado, our around-the-clock nursing team, masters prepared social workers and experienced leadership team provide an exceptional, industry-leading care that is truly valued by family members.

A tour for care

I toured this community. On the tour, we were happy with the community being so clean. The staff was wonderful and very caring. They offer a lot of good meals and a nice variety. They had a great list of activities that would be offered for the residents. We would recommend this to other families to consider for their family member

Silverado Representative

We're glad that you were able to tour our community and experience the Silverado difference. At Silverado, we incorporate a combination of dementia care techniques and focus on restorative care creates a community environment to truly improve quality of life for our residents. Our associates treat our residents with the same love, dignity and respect that they show their own loved ones! Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review.

I liked Silverado Onion Creek!

This is a large community. During our tour it seemed to noisy. The staff were very very nice. The community is gorgeous and looked very clean. This community was just to large for us.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comments. As you noted, Silverado Onion Creek's bright, lively atmosphere and open, secure grounds allows residents to remain social and active while they continue to enjoy the things that were important to them before their diagnosis. Thank you again for your feedback!

Silverado! A Great Place For Mom!

I went on all recommended tours of memory care locations in my area by APfM.
Silverado is all memory care, not broken down in two locations of assisted living and memory care. It is a bright, sensory stimulating, square donut where a large staff attend to my 88 year old mother. After 2 weeks of living there my mother told me it just needs me to move in with her to be perfect.
I am still in the mourning stage of having to give the responsibility of her care to someone else. Silverado supports me in my transition with counseling, introducing me to other families going through the same process and lots of hugs from other residents and staff.

Silverado Representative

Austinite84, we are happy to hear that your mother is enjoying life and thriving at our Onion Creek community. At Silverado, we pride ourselves in providing individualized memory care that is just as focused on mind and spirit as it is on body. We look forward to continue to be a resource for you and your family.

AMAZED!!!!

Ashley and Dura are simply amazing. The compassion and professionalism they displayed during the difficult transfer of my mother in law was made so much more easier knowing that the two of them have nothing but the best interests of the family at heart. Dura makes you feel like she is a family member but her tireless effort of wanting to help!!!!

Silverado Representative

John, thank you for sharing your comments. We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience and that the transition went smoothly. We are grateful to have team members, like Ashley and Dura, who truly have a passion for helping and caring for others!

Beautiful, friendly, considerate...

Silverado Onion Creek is a beautiful community. The staff are very friendly and considerate. They listen to everything you say and try to answer. What's unique is all of their staff are trained to handle Dementia patients, from the admin to the kitchen staff. They are all very good at it. It is expensive, but that's expected for the care. The food is good, they have a big variety, great dessert. We've been there a few times on family nights. They do a lot of activities, sing-a-long, have groups that come in. Pets are allowed there.

Silverado Representative

Hello! We pride ourselves in being industry leaders in memory and dementia care. As you noted, all of our associates are trained in dementia care. Each and every one of our associates are fully committed to providing world-class service and care to our residents and their family members.

Very nice staff, and love the activities and animals. But the food is not very good. And I wish there were private rooms especially for the residents at the first signs of dementia, especially when they lived in their own home and then had to transition to leaving their home. The cost is very high and insurance doesn't cover anything but health cost. And they told us that she would go on trips, she has been there 3 weeks and has not been on a trip yet. Also they are supposed to make sure she takes a shower and a couple of times when I visited she smelt dirty, and her hair looked dirty as if it had been awhile since she took a shower.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for recognizing our associates and the amazing care that they provide. Your feedback truly helps us improve and motivates us to continue changing the way people with memory loss are cared for.

We find that many of our residents benefit from sharing a double occupancy room and are more likely to remain active and social. We also encourage residents to bring their own furniture, photos and trinkets to make their room feel like home.

As of March, we plan to initiate weekly outings and your loved one will be invited to attend all of them. Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback.

more communication

The staff at Silverado Onion Creek need to have more communication among the administration. No body there seemed to know what was going on. I took mom out of this facility.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comments. Creating a safe, lively environment where residents can thrive is our top priority. We take all feedback seriously and are always available to personally address any concerns.

wish they had better personal care here

At Silverado Onion Creek they have a lot of activities but my husband is unable to participate in them. I have very happy with the facility. It is large and spacious. The rooms are quite large. My husbands condition keeps him from really enjoying the property. I do wish they had better personal care here. Overall I am pleased though.

Silverado Representative

Hello! At Silverado, we pride ourselves in being the industry leaders in memory care and each and everyone of our associates are fully dedicated to providing life-enriching care to our residents and their loved ones. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

They are an exceptional program.

We are very happy with Silverado Onion Creek. They provide an exceptional program. I am utterly impressed with their services, level of care, and professional staff. I give them the top rating.

Silverado Representative

We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience with our Onion Creek community! Thank you for recognizing our staff and the amazing care that they provide. As always, we continue to be fully committed to enriching the lives of our residents. We look forward to continue to be a trusted resource for you and your family.

I don't think they have done so good.

I don't think they have done so good. My loved one is not there anymore, she was there less than two weeks. They left her alone, and they knew she was a fall risk. The deposit is supposed to be refundable if you aren't happy, within the first 60 days. They gave us a hard time about that, and tried to convince us that we weren't unhappy. It's a beautiful place, and they convinced us that they were good with difficult cases, which we were a difficult case. They have all kinds of good programs, and it's a nice place, but I think it was a bad match. I don't think the evaluation process was done very well. I think depending on the care needs of your loved one it might be a great place, but our experience was not good.

They were very helpful,

They were very helpful, it's never a good thing to have to do this. They went out of their way to help me. The food was excellent. The activities I would probably give a four, I would like to see them go outside of the building a little more. I would say it's a good place. The administrator is phenomenal, the social worker is wonderful. The one thing I would suggest, would be for them to be paired with a person who is closer to the same level of communication, when they have to share a room. The whole thing is a horrible trauma and not easy to get through, but it helps to not have to worry. They are a very stable workforce. There are no medicaid beds, though. Sharon Vance specifically, was very helpful.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your comments. We appreciate all feedback and will work to incorporate more outdoor activities into our resident engagement plans. If you have further concerns, we are happy to discuss them directly! Thank you again for your time.

I have been very, very pleased with Silverado.

I have been very, very pleased with Silverado. Between the staffing, and the therapy, as well as the interaction with the staff. I am very happy with their services. They did a good job.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for reviewing our Onion Creek community! We are glad that you had a positive experience and we look forward to continue to be a trusted resource for you and your loved one.

Silverado was fabulous!

Silverado was fabulous! I was there everyday, and the nurse there Jane, along with the staff, the caregivers, the management, everyone was just super. We couldn't have asked for a better place for our loved one's condition. The doctor was very proactive, and they were able to help find out why certain things were happening. They would do PT with him, and tried all different kinds of things to help make it better. He made friends down there, everyone was so nice. It's just a fabulous place.

Silverado Representative

We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience! As you noticed, our associates are very proactive and are fully committed to providing world-class care to our residents and their families. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!

100 percent acceptance, care, attention, and love for theist important man in my life, my husband

From the moment we first set foot in Silverado at Onion Creek my husband felt welcomed and at home. We were just there to learn more about the facility. When we walked in the first thing we noticed was a group of residents celebrating the beginning of football season, lots of activity and fun. Touring the residence my husband whistled back and forth with a canary, plopped down and petted one of several resident dogs, and enjoyed looking at beautiful fish in one of two aquariums. He also enjoyed hitting a few golf balls on the putting green in the courtyard. At the end of our tour we found the residents gathered again, this time to enjoy live music performed by a wonderful musician. My husband loves music and started singing with the performer. The performer and staff welcomed my husband's participation and made him feel valued as a person. We knew then Silverado was the place for us and have not regretted our choice at all.

Silverado Representative

Cheryl, thank you for sharing your comments! Feedback like this motivates us to continue to enrich the lives of those we serve.

As you noted, Silverado Onion Creek is a socially vibrant community filled with visitors and pets, and often time children as well. Our pet therapy and unique philosophy of care allows us to provide a high quality of care for those we serve. We hope that you will come in soon to visit and enjoy a meal with your husband!

My experience with Silverado has been...

My experience with Silverado has been excellent. My father was only three the days, and the services and care was fabulous. We couldn't have had a better experience. I'm satisfied with their overall services.

Silverado Representative

GS, thank you for sharing your positive feedback! We are happy that you had a positive experience. As always, we continue to being committed to enriching the lives of those we serve. Please let us know if there is anyway else we can support you!

The facility was clean, the...

The facility was clean, the patients seemed to be happy. The staff was very professional yet personable. The tour of the facility went well. We would live to be a part of the family there but it is out of our price range at this time.

Silverado Representative

We are glad that you had the opportunity to tour our community and experience the Silverado difference. Everyone at Silverado is truly a family. Our associates treat each of our residents as family members, treating them with love, dignity and respect. Thanks again for taking the time to tour Silverado Onion Creek.

Absolutely wonderful place for mom or dad!!

I toured this community. From the moment I walked into the door, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful! Brandon was very knowledgeable and knew personal stories of each resident. The layout was ideal for memory care patients to roam around without getting lost. Doors to go outside were left open during the day, so as residents don't feel as though they are restricted. Pet therapy is very well accepted at Silverado, with dogs and birds kept inside the facility. They even have a garden kept by the residents and use the freshly grown vegetables in their meals. Residents were not cooped up in their rooms when I visited. They were all chatting outside and in the common areas. Overall, Silverado at Onion Creek is a fantastic place for mom or dad!

Silverado Representative

Sammy, thanks for taking the time to tour our community. We are happy that you had the opportunity to experience the Silverado difference. As you noticed, an open environment and pet therapy is part of Silverado's unique philosophy of care! We hope to be a resource for you and your family in the future.

Feels Like Family

I toured Silverado Onion Creek in April 2014. It was very easy to get to, located in south Austin. The community is secured - you must buzz to get in the front door, but once you are inside, you can walk around throughout the building and in and out to the secured outdoor area between 8a-8p. Because it's secured to enter, you feel safe and know your loved one will be safe, but because they have free access throughout the community during the day, your loved one won't feel like they are "stuck" in a "dementia care facility."

The community is beautiful and has an open vibe inside and out. Outdoors they have a garden where everything is safe to eat so the residents can garden freely. They also have a playground so families can bring their kids. Plus, they have a little putting green which Brandon, the administrator, told us was featured on The Golf Channel! How cool is that!?

The inside feels like you are in someone's very spacious and comfortableliving room. Everything is on one floor and is set up as a big square around a large inner courtyard. You can walk through the open kitchen which is safe and fun for residents to use, through various dining, TV and activity areas. Everything is very open and there are a lot of windows so the sun can shine in. Plus, Silverado Care is big on pet therapy, so there are a lot of furry ambassadors around to greet you as you walk by :)

If my loved one ever needs memory care, Silverado will be my first choice.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your positive feedback! Our residents’ safety is our top priority. As you mentioned, Onion Creek's walkways and secured perimeter encourage residents to explore our park-like surroundings while maintaining their safety and independence. Our around-the-clock nursing team, masters prepared social workers and experienced leadership team further add to the peace of mind our families value. Thank you again for your review.

silvarado senior care

I have had a very good experience with silvarado senior health care services.The workers are all very friendly.helpful and informative. ...the building and grounds are always very clean

Silverado Representative

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy that you had a positive experience. Our specially trained associates are dedicated and committed to our mission of enriching the lives of those we serve.

Best Homelike Atmosphere

My family and I searched for the best place for Mom. We wanted a place that would not only care for her but treat her with respect and love. We toured at least 15 different facilities. We also spoke with many people who were also in our situation. By far, we found that the mindset of the staff at Silverado was the best for our Mom. She has been happy here and she has actually gained weight. The staff have embraced Mom and do their best to find ways to make her days happy and productive. All that being said, I would strongly recommend that anyone who places a loved one in any care facility needs to visit frequently and be their loved ones advocate. No place will be perfect, but if the facility is clean and your loved one can have dignity and respect and also be happy, then that is the best place.

Silverado Representative

Donna, thank you for sharing your Silverado story. We appreciate your feedback! As always, we continue to be committed to providing the best care to our residents and family members.

I Would Want to Live Here Myself - It's Awesome!

They are awesome. They have helped me out a great deal. My dad living a wonderful life now. He is not just alive, he is living. My dad loves anything that has to do with food, and they do a lot with food aside from just eating. He is involved in the preparation by doing things like peeling oranges. This is really helping him to stay calm and feel like he is doing something helpful. I am happy to write this because I think that this is a great place. When I am old, this is where I want to be. I've already told my children.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comments! At Silverado, we offer activities that meet each or our residents' personal preferences and needs. As you noticed, we also find activities that give our residents a sense of purpose. We are looking forward to continue to be a trusted resource to you and your dad.

The skilled, compassionate memory care professionals at Silverado are dedicated to providing residents with the dignity and care they deserve while they enjoy the community’s warm atmosphere. Comfortable surroundings and engagement activities designed with the needs of memory-impaired individuals in mind help ensure the goal of enriching the lives of both residents and their families.