Silverado Beverly Place - Los Angeles, CA

This proven new model of care is available for the exclusive area 1/2 mile from The Grove and Farmers Market center, 17 blocks from Cedar Sinai Hospital, near the Beverly Center shopping mall in the Los Angeles area!

Your loved one with Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Lewy-body, or other type of dementia will receive expert clinical care led by a medical director, a full-time Registered Nurse, and a team of round-the-clock licensed nurses and caregivers, plus life-enriching, adult-oriented engagement programs, all in a warm, loving, and pet-friendly environment.

Extrememly Well Run

Silverado has been great for my loved one. It's been working out really well. Silverado has a large, friendly staff, and the place is extremely well run. My loved one was previously at another community that did not work out well at all, so Silverado is a relief. I'd recommend it to others.

Can not say enough about them

The entire staff at this community is trained in memory care. This is a locked community with complimentary valet service. This community is located near the farmers market. The food is terrific. I have a great deal of confidence in the staff. The staff are so loving and caring. It comforts me to know they are taking such good care of her. I would recommend this community.

Silverado Representative

We love hearing from Silverado family members.Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience. As you have experienced, Silverado associates are truly committed to providing life-enriching care to our residents. We treat and care for our residents with dignity and respect and cater care plans to each resident’s special needs and preferences. We appreciate your kind feedback and look forward to being a trusted resource for you and your family!

Very profesional and attentive staff trained well in handling memory care issues. Good communication with family on any and all issues.

Silverado Representative

Hi Linda, thank you for sharing your experience. As you mentioned, our associates are dementia care experts and are trained in memory care. We appreciate your kind comments and hope to continue to be a trusted resource for you and your family.

Bedsore after five days

I took my husband to the facility for a respite stay of 6 days. He developed a four inch long bed sore on his bum area on the fifth day. I assume because no one turned him at night. I don't think that he had a BM during the entire stay. He uses a condom catheter at night so that he doesn't have to get up. I found the drainage bag uncleaned on three days.
I stayed a couple of afternoons with him in the room. No one bothered to check on him. I don not know if they ever checked on him. The place lost a pair of his pants.
The salespeople were very positive, but alas the bedsore shows that the place is in it for the money.
I would not even take my dog there.

Outstanding Care

I am very happy with the care that my mom is getting at this comunity. The staff are nice and caring and attentive. The meals are great and a nice variety. This community is clean and maintained. We like that she is happy with the activities. We would highly recommend this community for other families.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for recognizing our associates and the care that they provide. We are happy to hear that your mother is thriving and enjoying our daily engagements at Silverado. Thanks again for sharing your comments and we hope that you'll swing by the community to join your loved one for a meal.

While Peter was very helpful and friendly I did find the facility to meet my and my wife's needs at this time.

Silverado Representative

We appreciate your feedback and we hope to serve as an educational resource for you and your wife in the future.

So far so Good

We do not have any complaints regarding Silverado Beverly Place community. Community is clean, nice activities for the residence. Food is pretty decent. Overall a nice place.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your comments. We look forward to continue being a trusted resource for you and your family.

It was a lovely place, but just very expensive.

We considered coming here. They worked well with us, and were friendly. It was a lovely place, but just very expensive.

Silverado Representative

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate your feedback!

Pretty good

The food isn't good and the rooms are really small. But those are the only negatives. They are very caring

Silverado Representative

Thanks for leaving your comments and feedback, Victoria! Silverado's culinary services are a point of pride for us, and we appreciate all feedback as we are always working on improving.

They were wonderful.

They were wonderful. They were beyond amazing. It was beyond any expectation I had. I was so glad I found it.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your review! We are happy that you had a positive experience at Silverado. We look forward to continue to be a trusted resource for you and your family in the future.

They live up to their philosophy. I think they could follow through with maintenance requests.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comment! All of our associates are dedicated to providing the best care to our residents and their family members.

very friendly and helpful

The staff at Silverado Beverly Place are all very friendly and helpful. Some of the care that they were supposed to do at home did not get done, but other than that it was ok. My grandfather had a very nice time there.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for recognizing our amazing staff. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that your Grandfather had a great time at Silverado Beverly Place.

Wonderful place!

They do an absolutely unbelievable job at Silverado Beverly Place, I'd rate them 6 out of 5 if I could! We've had experience with a few other communities and the staff at Silverado has really blown me away. They're better staffed, better trained, and so much better at interacting with family members. The doctor that sees my loved one calls me frequently and is always available to answer questions. They've also got support groups available to help families through hard times. I can't recommend them highly enough!

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comment. Feedback like this truly motivates us to continue to change the way the world cares for those with memory impairments, and to enrich the lives of Silverado residents and family members. We hope to see you around the community soon!

Mom Loves it here

My mom loves it here. They offer some fun scheduled and planned activities. It’s a very clean and nice place and my mom is doing really well here. We are happy and would recommend it to others.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are so happy to hear that your mother feels right at home! As you noted, our vibrant environment and individualized engagement plans makes Silverado feel like a home. Thanks for your feedback!

Great Review

This is one of the best hospitality experiences I have ever had. It is incredible!

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your kind words! We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience and had the opportunity to experience the Silverado difference. Community pets and an active, positive environment are a large part of our philosophy. Our unique philosophy and homelike environment allows us to provide a high quality of life for numerous residents over the years.

We are doing pretty good so far.

We are doing pretty good so far. We don't have any complaints at all so far, even the food is excellent. We are pretty happy with them.

Silverado Representative

Thanks for sharing your comments! As you noticed, our culinary team does an amazing job and cooks delicious cuisine. We look forward to continue being a trusted resource for you and your family.

Caring and knowledgeable staff

I know my Mom is in a safe place with some extremely caring and knowledgeable caregivers watching over her.

Silverado Representative

We are glad that you had a great experience. Thanks for taking the time to review our Beverly Place community! As always, our associates are dedicated to providing the best care for our residents.

The Silverado was okay, it was very clean and the staff friendly. There were some things they done that I did not approve of or was satisfied with. They did not have a lot of activities for my mom, they left her alone a lot.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for recognizing our amazing staff. Our associates are truly committed to providing life-enriching care to our residents. Thank you again for your review, please feel free to reach out to us at any time.

Not impressed by the service

Overall I am not impressed with Silverado Beverly Place. It's okay if all you are looking for is somewhere to meet basic physical and care needs. They look after and feed their residents well enough. However I have found everything beyond that very lacking. They only bathe the residents twice a week, and do very little in the way of grooming. I always ask them to make sure my loved one's facial hair is kept neat, and they say it has been done, but often when I visit it is obvious no attention has been paid to it. I feel like they show you a higher level of service on the tours than they actually provide.

Silverado Representative

At Silverado, we take all feedback seriously and are happy to discuss any concerns with you firsthand. At Silverado Beverly Place, creating a safe, lively environment where residents can thrive is our top priority. Our residents shower every two to three days or as needed, and grooming is provided daily. If a family requests daily showers, we are more than happy to accommodate. Providing an enriching environment for residents and their families is our goal, and we thank you for your feedback.

We were there in the facility and saw that it was warm and fuzzy and a very lively place. The staff is terrific, very dedicated, and I very much enjoyed speaking with them.

That said, when we went to visit my aunt after a few weeks being in there, we were very dismayed. When she went in there she was very energetic, but when we went to visit her two weeks later she had lost a lot of weight, had an infection in her elbow, and had gone downhill mentally in a very short time.

As much as I swallowed what they fed in the initial sales pitch and tour, I cannot overlook what I have seen since then. I am concerned.

It is possible that we were the exception to the rule and overall they do an excellent job for everyone else, but I can't overlook what I saw.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comments. We take all feedback seriously and are always available to personally address any concerns. Creating a safe, lively environment where residents can thrive is our top priority, and we welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you.

There were first stay problems that t...

There were first stay problems that the administration and staff were very responsible to address.

Silverado Representative

Kathleen, thank you for sharing your comments. We appreciate and take all feedback very seriously. We are glad that we were able to actively address your original concerns. As always, we encourage you to contact us directly with any questions or concerns. Thanks again for taking the time to review our Beverly Place community.

Very positive

I’ve had a very positive, though short, experience. My loved one has been there two months. It’s night and day from the facility that she was at before. M loved one has advanced system. They are really remarkable in the way they handle the residents. It’s a very progressive community.

Silverado Representative

Alison, we are glad that you had a positive experience! As always, we continue to be fully committed to being industry leaders and providing the best care to those we serve.

Silverado Best Place for Dementia Care

Silverado is hands-down the best place for people with dementia. My mother had been in a Sunrise community for several years, but the staff were not able to keep up with (or really understand) her needs as her dementia increased. We moved her to Silverado after she fell and broke her hip (not totally Sunrise's fault, no one can monitor every resident every minute 24/7). All of the staff at Silverado really "got" dementia and what she needed, and were exceedingly caring. They offer in-house health and dental services, which was a blessing as getting her to a doctor's appt was a three-person job towards the end. I only wish we had moved her to Silverado earlier.

Silverado Representative

We are happy that you and your loved one had a positive experience at Silverado. As you mentioned, our associates truly are memory care experts dedicated to providing life-enriching care to those we serve. Our associates are specially trained in memory care and really "get" dementia! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback.

Finding Silverado

I first spoke to and met Monuca. A sweet caring woman who understood our family needed time to adjust and having a month to settle in before the commitment is a wonderful thing to have. Meeting Linda, Janet and all the caretakers has been a blessing too. Everyone is respectful of each individual there. A very caring environment.

Silverado Representative

Sandra, thank you for your feedback. At Silverado, we are one big family. We treat each one of our residents and their family members with love, diginity and respect.

HalDonahue

My wife, Patricia, is type 1 diabetic and suffers from dementia/alzheimers. She needs help with nearly all functions. I take her over to Silverado around 10:00 AM each weekday morning and pick her up at 4:30 PM.
I have found the staff at Silverado is very friendly and eager to help their guests. The place is always clean, has a lot of activities and the nurse always greets me when I drop Pat off. I have eaten there on two occasions and both were pleasant experiences. The food was delicious and prepared properly.
I believe Pat really enjoys herself there and enjoys the company and stimulation of activities. The place impresses me as being well managed.

Hi Hal,

We are happy to hear that your wife enjoys her visits at Silverado. As you noted, we offer age appropriate activities for our residents and short-term care visitors. We are glad that Patricia enjoys the activities that we offer. Thanks for your positive feedback!

They seem to be treating him well.

They seem to be treating him well. They were wonderful about helping us transition during a crisis situation for our family. They are quite expensive though. It's a pretty nice place though.

Silverado Representative

We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience. Thank you for your feedback!

Love It

Love it and all of the staff!

Silverado Representative

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy that you had a great experience. As always, Our specially trained associates continue to be dedicated and committed to our mission of enriching the lives of those we serve.

Energy among staff and ppl ...

Energy among staff and ppl staying in facility. Stimulating background noise. Animals are big concern b/c of Mother's allergies. Cleanliness a big concern. Saw animal feces on floor that had hardened while on tour. Family unable to stay at facility if wants to.

Silverado Representative

At Silverado we take all feedback seriously and are always available to discuss concerns. Community pets and a lively environment are a large part of our philosophy, as is having a well-trained, compassionate staff. Family is welcome to visit any time and we provide meals for them at no charge. Providing an enriching environment for residents and their families is our goal, and we thank you for your feedback.

Good For Ambulatory Dementia Residents

The care is very good. The thing that was most important in choosing Silverado is the fact that it's so gigantic. I don't know what it is - 5000 - 6000 sq ft - it's gigantic and my father is still ambulatory so that's good. For someone with dementia who is still totally ambulatory there is not other option. All the others were way too small. At Silverado there is a lot of space to walk around. It's also in a good neighborhood so he can takes walks outside.

The atmosphere is very busy. It feels like you're on a campus. They separate the people who are ambulatory and the second level is for people that are much further along in their dementia. For my father, it's much better to be with other ambulatory people.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your Silverado story. We are glad you had a positive experience and we look forward to continue to be a resource for you and your father.

Good Communication and Great Nurses

It's so hard to keep those floors clean with the patients that they have there. I'm impressed with the care. The day to day staff is a little...it depends upon the person. What I'm most pleased with is they seem to talk to each other. There is good communication between people.

The nurse on the first floor should be cloned. She's absolutely amazing! The second floor nurses are very fine too, so it the reception staff.

Overall I'm pleased and relieved.

Silverado Representative

Carol, thank you for the review. We are happy that you had a positive experience! All of our staff is committed to providing the best care to our residents!

Good: memory boxes outside...

Good: memory boxes outside each resident's door. Nice, big fish tank in dining room. Located very close to the Grove/Farmers' Market. Bad: expensive!!!, skinny 'corridor' patios, no other outside access, therefore no place to walk. Lots of noise! One chair missing a cushion, another had a ripped cushion. Lots of dogs wandering around, small enough to trip people. Highest functioning people had mild dementia.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comments. We take all feedback seriously and are sorry you had an negative experience during your tour. Silverado is a socially vibrant community filled with visitors and pets, and often time children as well. Our pet therapy and unique philosophy of care allows us to provide a high quality of care for those we serve. We would love to have an opportunity to address your concerns directly.

We really liked it, and the staff was...

We really liked it, and the staff was very caring.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to visit our community. We are glad that you had a positive experience!

The Director was really nice - sent a...

The Director was really nice - sent a bouquet of flowers. place is beautiful - like a luxury hospital. very professional.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy that you had a positive experience. Feedback like this truly motivates us to change the way the world cares for those with memory impairments, and to enrich the lives of Silverado residents and family members.