Olympic Board and Care - Los Angeles, CA

Olympic Board and Care is an assisted living facility located in Los Angeles, CA 90019. Assisted living facilities provide care to people who require assistance with activities of daily living. This care setting provides an intermediate level of care for residents who cannot safely live independently, but do not yet need around-the-clock skilled nursing services like those provided in a nursing home.

Just not it

I toured this community and it was very nice it was in a small house and I thought mom would love that. But mom isn't a people person so if she had any issues with anyone because of the smallness of it might not have been a good situation. I did get a warm feel from this place though. We had to go elsewhere.

A Good Choice

There could not have been a better place for my friend. With the help of [Removed] I was able locate and zero in on this board and care. Totally happy with the choice.

My mother's excellent care

I moved my mom into this nice community. it is a smalled community. The other people that are there are wonderful and nice. I like that they helped my mom feel at home. The community is very clean and I like knowing that is good environment for my mother and he well being. I was not able to see if there are activities for her to participate, but I know she is able to socialize with others and that does help her feel comfortable. This is a excellent community for other families.

Highly recommended

After being in two different large nursing facilities, my father who had very strong dementia came here. The most obvious benefit right off hand was the extra level of care and attention one gets when there are only 5/6 residents in a smaller space. It is difficult to get lost in the shuffle which is incredibly reassuring. The other reason for that extra bit of attention to detail is that Olympia is run by the owner, her daughter, and her niece (all with hands on experience) - not by a business person or a manager of a large organization. There is always a difference. I also really love the fact that only these 3 women are working at any time so you don't have the dizzying constant change of nurses/caregivers.

The other benefit (at least for the family) is that the home feels like a home rather than a hospital with a little backyard + bougainvillea complete with the most adorable 5 year grand daughter of the owner + dog. This grand daughter and her mother also live in a little house behind Olympia so it is incredible for my father to see her running around from his window which faces the backyard.

The downsides of such a small environment are:
1) the lack of space to walk around all day for a perfectly ambulating elderly person with dementia
2) the lack of community for a social personality

I have found through the past 3 years of managing my father that different needs arise which require changes in facilities much like children having needs change of their schooling.

Good luck during a very stressful process.

A Good Fit for Our Family

Olympic Board and Care has been a great fit for our family. They have been helpful and very efficient in getting our mom the assistance she needs. The staff is friendly and the home is clean and well-maintained. We are grateful to have found this place for our mom!

Great Place

Great Place, I wish I had know about it sooner. My grandmother likes it, she even gained a few pounds. Friendly, easy to talk to staff, we can visit our grandmother almost anytime. Good location, good price, for our family.

Really great place, provides excellent care, near medical center

I like that they really care about the residents. They try hard to make sure that they're cared for. Everything is clean. The food is good. They really make sure to communicate with the family. They welcome visitors at any time. They take very good care with medications. I really don't have any complaints.

It's not far from us, but more importantly it's near a medical facility that we use for my father.

We've been very happy.

I am super happy with the services at Olympic Board and Care

I am super happy with the services at Olympic Board and Care for my husband. He has been improving, he does exercise daily, and has changed from being withdrawn to being an expressive person, who is friendly to the other residents. The caregivers are always available to answer the phone when I call. The facility has a prompt daily routine like, checking on the resident, bathing, mealtimes, and outdoor exercise, when there aren't too many sun rays. It's a clean and safe place for my husband. The caregivers are firm in their rules and policies, they are also very respectful, polite and responsive to my husband's needs. I am thankful that the facility is close to my house, it's also much less expensive, with a bigger private room than the previous facility where we were.

Mom still adjusting

The board and care appear to be kept clean and neat. The staff have been nice to my mother, she has not complained about her treatment..