Sierra Ridge Memory Care - Auburn, CA

Sierra Ridge Memory Care - Auburn, CA has yet not published prices.

Great Staff

Sierra Ridge is a great community. The place is clean, and the staff is very friendly and seem to take very good care of the residents. They seem to have plenty of activities for the residents such as music, arts and crafts, and other activities. The food always looks pretty good, and the dining staff does a really good job keeping track of what the residents eat each day. They do a great job here, and I would definitely recommend Sierra Ridge to other families.

Everything is great!

I would recommend this community because my father is doing very well there, it is a great facility. They are very attentive and take good care of him, they keep him safe. It has been a good experience so far.

Good intentions: they do not fulfill what they offer.

Lovely physical setting.
Too many things went missing.
What would have been in the best interest of my husband was not available. I went in every day but 2 days in his first 2 weeks. I had to take him out mainly for his physical health. When he has to be placed again I will probably choose a smaller unit with more individual care.

Nice place

I found with my husbands dementia he was more than Sierra Ridge could handle.I felt that taking him home and getting in home was more appropriate.

Close To The Hospital

My mother is doing quite well over here at Sierra Ridge it is a great place for her to be. Everything thing about the place is really nice and looks great they take very good care of their community and the up keep of it. The staff here is very attentive to my mother and her needs. When she wakes up there is someone here there to help her go to the bathroom and help her get dressed. They also encourage her to go down stairs and try some of the activities out like cards or puzzles. It is a great location close to the hospital and other medical clinics and that is a huge plus for us. I've already recommend this place to some of my friends it is a excellent place to move to.

Very happy

Very friendly and helpful. They really look at my moms needs and help her accordingly. At great place, I'm so glad that my mom is here.

a caring place

They care about people.

great location

There is nothing I can complain about it. Nice facility and friendly staff. The location is great for me.

be on guard

One should not have to chose between good personal care and activities, certainly not at the prices charged. The personal care ends once the contract is signed. Ask about staffing ratios and have a meal before you sign. How can one caregiver handle 10 residents or more during the day with dementia and provide personal care and attention? We all assume there is some required level of attention in these facilities, not true.
[removed]
If you do admit, visit often and speak up for those that cannot. Hold the facility accountable for the services you expect and are paying for. Be vigilant of your resident's care needs. Note physical changes and notify staff. Do not rely on them for medical supervision.

Great place to put your loved ones

The staff is amazing! Every time I go visit my Mom, I notice they are paying attention to the residents and being patient with them. I couldn't be happier with the care she, and the other residents are receiving. They have nice activities, a small, but nice facility, and they all seem to know the residents name. I appreciate them so much!

Excellent

Cleanliness - very clean location

Friendliness - Excellent Staff

Value - Excellent

Care - Excellent treatment and care provided

Services - Excellent

Activity - Excellent extra curricular activities

They are great!

They are great! It's a newer building, so that helps with keeping it clean, and it's an open feeling floor plan. The staff is very friendly, and they do a good job. We supply all the toiletries, sometimes they will be washing the towels, and there won't be any there. There could be a few more activities geared toward men. They have had a problem keeping the cooks, he says some meals are inedible, but some days it's okay. Overall they try to make it balanced with a salad a vegetable and a protein. I think they have been willing to work with us on the rate, and that was very helpful. I think it's important to have teamwork and a good attitude and they could use a little help with the staff communication, and the morale.

A Place for Moms

Pricing has been in question. Quoted one price and then another and then charged something else entirely. Most of the staff is very nice and treat residents living there like family.

The meals are good and the residents have snacks in between. My mother is happy with most of the food.

The rooms are set up well with plenty of closet space, except the bathroom could have more cabinetry for the units that share rooms.

There could be more varied craft/activities. The music venues seem to be pretty fun for the residents. Maybe more exercise programs.

The Sierra Ridge Memory Care senior living center is located in Auburn, California. The center sits nestled in the rolling foothills of Auburn city, offering anyone lucky enough to stay there a spectacular array of natural scenic beauty. The center is what is known as a senior specialty home, one which specializes in the care of seniors who are affected by a specific range of mental disabilities. Sierra Ridge Memory Care happens to be a home that caters to elderly residents that suffer from dementia or light to severe memory impairment. This care includes both long and short term memory disabilities. The goal of the home is to create a safe, warm, and very relaxed setting for all of it's residents. The facility is beautifully furnished, extremely clean and sterile, and is decorated in a lovely way. The home features a dining hall, activity room, and spacious living quarters. The staff at the home are a particularly skilled at not only caring for memory impaired residents, but they're also trained and experienced in providing them with a rich and joyful experience at the home. The staff know what it takes to help memory impaired residents exercise their brains and bodies in order to maximize their full life potential. Some of the activities offered at the home include gardening, cooking, sewing, as well as arts and crafts. These regular activities are scientifically proven to encourage healthy memory function in the elderly. The activities are also great fun and a source of daily enrichment for the residents staying there. The outdoor grounds of the facility are just absolutely beautiful, offering residents a range of activities. There are many shaded areas, as well as a garden where residents can grow their own plants and flowers. The lawns are manicured and well kept, creating a gorgeous atmosphere to enjoy outdoor activities in.