The Pines, A Merrill Gardens Community - Rocklin, CA

Just to big

Grandma has memory issues so when we toured this place we were afraid that she would get lost in there and it just wasn't the right spot for her. It was a nice and clean community but just had to go to a smaller community. The director who we toured with was absolutely amazing and she answered all our questions.

Amanda Warren

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad to hear that you found a community to fit your grandma's needs. Please don't hesitate to reach back out if you should need anything in the future.

Relatively new (within 2 years). Studios were smaller than other places, decor was not as abundant or varied as other places, no real landscaping yet so outdoor strolls are not beckoning. Very clean and well maintained. Didn't really check out the dining. It was a further drive than other places in this price range so I didn't give it a

Loved this place, not sure if they could handle our situation.

A great your!

Everything seemed to be clean and maintained very well during my tour of The Pines. The person that I met with was friendly and welcoming. They were able to answer my questions and it was a good experience, but not the best fit for my loved one.

Great place for mom!

We found The Pines per recommendation from A Place for Mom.We are so grateful for their service and being so helpful. We moved my mother-in-law in and it seemed top notch. The family is in contact with her often and she seems to be adjusting well. She said she loves it here!

Amanda Warren

We are glad to hear that your mother-in-law is enjoying her new home at The Pines. It is so great that she loves it here!

Very nice; liked the shared rooms in memory care. Large w/shared bathroom.

Amanda Warren

Thank you for providing us with this review. We are glad to hear that you found the memory care rooms to be very nice.

They have a nice movie theater on site.

The administrator at this community has been very helpful with the paperwork needed for dad's insurance. The staff have been helpful and the nursing director even held a training class to make sure the attendants had the knowledge to care for his medical needs. Dad enjoys the thinking games such as scrabble and trivia.The food is excellent and they are flexible when it comes to ordering meals. The community is well maintained and I would recommend it.

Amanda Warren

We are very happy to hear that your dad is doing well at The Pines. It is great that the experience has been positive for you and your dad.

A Better Choice

This is a pretty nice place. It is better for my parents, they have a lot of staff there helping my parents. I like the way it is set up and my parents can pick their own schedule. The meals are good with enough variety. The neighborhood streets are wide and simple for my dad to drive through. When I toured, they took you right in like a guest. We did what everybody else was doing. It was more friendlier and warmer and they are looking out for the family. Once we were there we knew it was the one.

Amanda Warren

We are pleased to hear that your parents are doing well at The Pines! We are proud of our Anytime Dining program and the numerous activities that residents can enjoy so this is great feedback to receive.

Trusting Staff!!

My parents have really felt safe and comfortable in there new living environment. My mother says nothing but great things about the staff and has really built a trust with them. My favorite thing about this complex is they offered double wide bedrooms that where affordable and spacious for my loved ones. My only complaint is that I wish the housekeeping would come in to clean more than once a week

Amanda Warren

We are so pleased to hear that your parents feel comfortable in their new home at The Pines. For the housekeeping, we will share this feedback with the General Manager.

I could not have asked for a better place!!

The staff in the memory care area are wonderful and I cannot say enough about the great care they show my husband. I am not always pleased with the food. The community is kept spotless. I would recommend this community

Amanda Warren

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this review. We are so happy to hear about the great care you see our team members providing your husband. Please let us know how we can improve the food. That feedback would definitely be appreciated.

It Is Going Well

The care has been good for my friend. The meals seem pretty good for my friend. The staff are very good. They have activities available and my friend has participated in some. This is a beautiful and spotless community.

Amanda Warren

We are glad to hear that your friend is enjoying the care and food. We hope that they are also enjoying the activities!

Mom's Good Care

This is a outstand community. I am happy with the care that my mom is getting here. The food is very good. She is offered to activities when she wants to participate with others. It is a community that comes highly recommended.

Amanda Warren

We are so glad to hear that you are happy with the care that your mom is receiving. We strive to provide a great environment for residents so this is great to hear.

Beautiful and New

The staff at this community are very attentive and accommodating with my mother-in-law. With their assistance she is doing good. The facility is very clean and newly built. I have already recommend this community to friends in need.

Amanda Warren

We are glad to hear that your mother-in-law is doing good and that our team is accommodating. We appreciate you taking the time to give us this positive feedback!

Participating In Many Of The Activities They Offer

My father is doing well here, and I'am pretty satisfied with all they have done for us. He is enjoying his time, he likes some of the activities they offer. He really loves the food. The have an excellent staff, we had some issues at first, but now things is better. They do a good job with keeping the community nice and clean. They are doing a good job caring for him and him needs. I would recommend this community.

Amanda Warren

We are so glad to receive this positive feedback for The Pines. It is great that your father is enjoying the activities and food. Our team strives to provide a positive environment so this is wonderful to hear.

The Perfect Place

When considering an assisted living facility for our mother, my sister & I looked at many options. Once we walked in to The Pines we immediately knew that we had found the right place. We met with Kristine, who was extremely helpful and patient. She took the time to answer all of our question and addressed all of our concerns. The tour revealed a first class facility that was extremely clean and well designed. It has proved to be the right place for our mom and we couldn't be happier. I would highly recommend The Pines.

Amanda Warren

Thank you so much for providing us with this wonderful feedback for The Pines. We are so happy that you and your sister feel confident in choosing our community for your mother.

Spotless property, cheerful staff, top-notch care

I'm writing this review as a way of thanking the management and staff at The Pines for the way they cared for my father, who passed away June 10 2016 after a brief stay there.

The Pines is just three miles from where he lived with my mother in Sun City Lincoln, so we thought the transition to assisted living would be easier.

He was less than thrilled to be moving out of his home, but the staff at The Pines treated him with respect and dignity and he admitted to me that it was very much like staying at a resort.

I looked forward to my visits there, and had several meals with my father in the dining room. The service and food were very good.

My dad's health failed much more quickly than anyone anticipated. Within a month we moved him to memory care on the other side of the building and he was only there a few weeks.

Everyone on both sides of the building were wonderful and helped put my father and his family at ease as the end approached.

My mother is still at their home in Sun City, but she's already told us she would be happy to move to The Pines when the time is ready.

Amanda Warren

Thank you so much for sharing this story with us. We are so thankful to have had the opportunity to serve your father, and we appreciate hearing that we helped during this difficult time. Thank you again.

Beautiful, food excellent food, professional, happy employees, happy seniors!!

Amanda Warren

Thank you for giving us this kind review! We appreciate the feedback very much.

Amazing staff!

Things are going pretty well since my mother moved to The Pines. It has been a hard adjustment for her. It's hard for her to communicate with other residents due to their level of dementia or memory loss. So it has been a hard transition. It's a unique group of people there. The food is good, she says it could stand some help, but that is her taste. It's not what she wants to eat, when she wants to eat it. The community does offer a lot of activities. It's very clean and the staff is friendly, they are amazing.

Amanda Warren

We are glad to hear that your mother is doing well. We understand that the transition can be difficult. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything additional we can do to support your family.

Awesome

Things are awesome at the pines. We are very happy there.

Amanda Warren

Thank you so much for giving us this great feedback! We are so pleased to hear that you are happy at The Pines.

The Pines and it's wonderful staff.

The staff takes the time to know their residents. Particular attention is paid to how a resident is faring in this new and sometimes confusing place they are living. In our case, the entire staff came together to evaluate our loved one and to make recommendations for their future care. We thank them all for making our decisions much easier.

Amanda Warren

We are so glad to hear that our team is providing the personal attention that we strive to offer at The Pines. Thank you for letting us know, and please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions.