Sunrise of Rocklin - Rocklin, CA

Bad Vibes

The minute we walked in this community we felt very uneasy. The man who was filling in for the director seemed to try to overly impress us and it was very fake feeling. The people didn't look happy there. The man also talked to the staff with disrespect and I didn't like that. Just by my 1st impression i would rate them a 2. Where there should have been aides around because lots of residents were alone they were nowhere in sight.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for sharing this with us. Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving(dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise team

I toured for the purpose of learning about retirement communities as I anticipate my mother needing one in the near future, and I wanted to create a list of places to take her to. This is definitely on my list. A very pleasant place and very helpful staff. It is a place she can be engaged as much as she desires, and age in place, as they will provide increased care as needed.

Caring and kind

I am so thankful to have found this place for my mom. The people here are truly kind and caring. The community gives off a warm and inviting feeling as soon as you step in the doors. I am amazed at the amount and variety of daily activities for the seniors here. They encompass the body, mind, and soul. In my mind, it's the next best thing to being at home.

Not in our financial area.

Second choice!

When I toured Sunrise of Rocklin, I took my father along to tour. It was a nice facility and everyone was very friendly. It was a close second but he went with another place that for his needs a little better.

A visit

This community seemed to have a more experienced medical staff. The community however felt more like a nursing home and not an assisted living community. This community is smaller and closed in. The staff I met were nice and the community seemed clean. The apartment they showed me was nice.

We selected this facility and it seems to be a great place with a good philosophy.

A positive experience!

The Sunrise has been wonderful. My mother is still getting used to the place but I really like the attention she is getting from the staff. They have wonderful desserts. I am very proud of my mother because she has joined in the daily activities and has even joined a committee.

Friendly Tour !!

I was very pleased with my tour of this community, all of the staff gave my loved one and I a warm welcome and where very friendly during our visit. I really enjoyed how well this complex was kept up and maintained. Overall I have no complaints and would recommend this place.

Outstanding Care for Mom

This is a nice community. My mom loved the activities and was participating very well. This is great place and is doing great. Very clean community. I would highly recommend this community for others for excellent care for loved ones.

High Quality Care

It has been going very, very good for my mom here. This is in the best and right location. The staff interact well with each other. They have an integrated system for assisted living to memory care. I am able to talk with any staff easily and they are attentive with my mom. She has lots of meal options that is good food and quality. It is a very well maintained everywhere. This is a top-notch community and mom is doing great.

The food is excellent!

So far it is good. The food is excellent. The property grounds are well kept and we are happy with our loved one being there.

Toured with Cyndi Dolan 8/19/15.

+ exc. pt. to staff ratio, staff assigned to pt's.,clean, tv allowed in room, Catholic service, 15 min. from home, shower,sink in room.Liked the fact that caregivers assigned to residents. Minimal parking..one large open living area, dark hallways..seemed confusing. Very clean, very good activities. sepearate "individual room"

excellent

The staff and nurses taking care of my mother at Sunrise of Rocklin were excellent. It has been a very good all around experience. I've been very pleased and wouldn't change anything.

Like the setup, didn't have opening and cost was higher than other that I liked.

They have been wonderful.

They have been wonderful. It's immaculate there, the whole place is very clean. She hasn't complained about the food, and they have lots of choices. So far they have been awesome to her. I would rate them very highly.

I should have moved Mom out of here sooner.

My Mom lived here in Memory Care for 18 months. We chose this place in a hurry moving her here from another state. The first year was okay, but not worth what they charge. Our price increased 30% in 18 months. After six months of their failure to handle dimentia symptoms or prevent falls and unnecessary ER visits, we researched other homes in the area. Wow! We should have done that sooner. We moved her and are now getting better care for much, much less. We don't get called all the time, and no more expensive, time-consuming ridiculous ER visits. They reduced her meds and she is so much happier and healthier at the new place, and so are we.

The memory care at Sunrise quite frankly doesn't have the expertise to handle dimentia. They are chronically understaffed. They have high turnover and low training. Their communication amongst staff, management, and nursing is non-existent. The nurses (when they are not vacant positions) are upstairs behind locked doors, and really are not involved. The Memory Care coordinator also sits behind a locked door, blinds down and never reads her email. When she goes on vacation - you get a management free zone. You don't get what you pay for, and the price is stupid high. I should have moved my Mom out of here sooner.

A nice place to be

It’s just like the ratings! They’re friendly and clean. It’s a very modern space. It’s a nice place to spend some time. The food looks really good. I have never had trouble finding parking. Everybody’s happy and friendly, especially the staff.

My mother-in-law recently moved into ...

My mother-in-law recently moved into the Sunshine Rocklin community and so far so good. The facilities are lovely and the staff are attentive and responsive.

Nice area and beautifully d...

Nice area and beautifully decorated. Out of our budget.

Very nice community, a little more than we needed at the time

This was a very nice looking community, but also very expensive. It was smaller than many we looked at, but I think if Mom ever needed memory care this would be the place we would go with. I feel like the residents get a lot of individual attention here.
And they really went above and beyond helping me during the tour process. They set up meetings for me with many of their connections and resources, such as somone to help with VA benefits, etc. and wouldn't accept payment for all the help even when I offered.

Too Many Pets for My Liking

Honestly, I had a problem because of all the animals. A lady's dog got away from her and it was almost tripping the residents and I thought that wasn't good. My father is not a big animal lover and everyone there had their animals out in the lobby with them. I was not too sure how he would like that. If you're an animal lover, that's the place to be.

Amazing! But Too Expensive

I checked out a few place and this was also good. The only reason we didn't choose it was because of cost. I would have preferred my mom go here. Their food was fabulous and it was clean and nice and seemed like nice people. We didn't get as far as checking out the care so I'm not too sure about that but their prices were cost prohibitive.

Sunrise Assisted Living and memory care.

My husband has been at Sunrise since 4/23/2013.
The staff is friendly and calls everyone by name. They are always ready to give assistance. Most meals are good, however every now and then???? My husband is still on the assisted living side, therefore
I can only speak for that side. They do have activities, however most are centered around ladies. The ladies definitely out number the men.

Based on my experience so far, I would give them 4 1/2 stars.

Reminded us of a nursing ho...

Reminded us of a nursing home...And pricey.

Didn't get quite the same positive vi...

Didn't get quite the same positive vibe as other places but still good. Residents interacted with me positively.

Impressive.

Impressive.

Cream of the crop

Cream of the crop

About Sunrise of Rocklin

Community & Location Highlights:

•Conveniently located in Rocklin, CA
•Very close to Sutter Roseville Medical Center
•Near parks, shopping and recreation

Located in Rocklin, California, Sunrise of Rocklin provides senior assisted living with a unique focus on personal wellness and individual preferences. Home cooked meals are based on each resident’s own tastes and nutritional needs, and activities are wide and varied so that there’s always something for everyone to enjoy. Sunrise of Rocklin also provides a full-service housekeeping staff, offering residents a relaxed, chore-free lifestyle, leaving more time for family, friends and having fun. Residents can stroll through the manicured gardens or enjoy a delicious, healthful meal at the on-site bistro. We are conveniently located close to parks, shopping and Sutter Roseville Medical Center. Visit our community today to see why our residents are proud to call Sunrise of Rocklin home.