Serenades by Sonata - Memory Care at Longwood - Longwood, FL

Serenades

During my father's time at this facility, he had scabies twice . He also developed a MRSA infection that was the size of a grapefruit before I was notified or treatment was initiated. His fingernails grew so long he scratched himself until he was bleeding several times. I received several calls from the facility where the person calling me did not know my father and told me they were calling regarding my mother. My father has been at another facility for several weeks now and is doing much better.

Homey Atmosphere

My mom is settling well at the Serenades by Sonata. The environment is very clean and well-maintained. We chose this community because of the homey atmosphere and the staff is very personable and attentive to my mom's care needs. The food is okay, it just doesn't have much to offer in the way of variety and excitement. They stated they would be using a new company for their food service, hopefully soon. They offer a lot of activities and the staff encourages the residents to participate. Sadly they do not offer outside activities. I take my mom on any outside excursions whenever I can. There is a nice courtyard so that the residents can relax and enjoy the fresh air outside. I would recommend Serenades by Sonata to others.

Mom Doing Great with Her Move Here

My mother is doing great with her move to this community. I'am very pleased with all they have done for us. She is safe, and receiving great care. They have a great staff, and they have been very accommodating. They really listen to you, and care about their residents. Her room, and the facility are well-kept when I visit. She is pleased with the meals. They are great activities available for the residents. They do a great job with keeping the residents active, and their brains stimulated. It has been a lovely experience, and I would recommend this community.

Wonderful place!

My father is doing wonderful at this facility! It is very clean and the staff is very friendly! My father does not participate in too many activities, but he is still doing more than I ever thought he would! Serenades by Sonata is the best!

Care and Love

I could not be more pleased in the care and love this place has for my father in law

A good place!

Serenades by Sonata is a great place. Thr facility is clean and that are very well staffed. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a good community.

A Dream Location!

I am extremely pleased with Serenades, Longwood! The entire staff there is top notch from the front door to the back. They're friendly, caring, and very interactive with the residents. Their concern for my mother, and all the others they care for, really seems genuine, and makes you feel like a big happy family.

The facility is very nice, well decorated, and comfortable for residents, visiting family, and friends. They provide state of the art technology for mental stimulation, security, and room monitoring - without invading room privacy. It is clean both inside and outside, and very well lit. The bright colored paint and decor, tops it all off, enhancing the vibrant atmosphere. It's also very secure, so I never have to worry about my mother wandering from the premises. Their monthly calendar is jam packed with a variety of activities, parties, movies, you name it.

We started out with taking my mother there for their Day Services/Activities, and also a 5-day respite stay. Both of which include the same care and activity as a resident. I was extremely impressed at my first visit when I saw the resident art work; and brought to tears when my mom came home with her own colorings. Upon seeing the positive impact they were having on my mother's overall well being, mood and attitude, I realized that Serenades was providing the ideal and high level of care I was dreaming of for my mother. The care and trust I have gotten to know, made it much easier for me to make the once difficult decision to make my mother a resident/family member, and not just a daily visitor.

This is no ordinary Assisted Living facility. They are above and beyond what is expected, or have been portrayed as, over the years. Two thumbs up for Serenades are: the fact that they encourage and give an open invitation for family and friends - not only to be involved with your loved one, but to participate in their activities along with your loved one. And two, you are greeted by name, no matter how many days have gone by without seeing us; and that requires true attentiveness in my opinion.

I would highly recommend Serenades of Longwood, and believe all of the Serenade by Sonata locations are just as wonderful. Job well done Ms. Fernandez and staff, and thank you for making us a part of your beautiful family.

Competent and Loving Care

Serenades by Sonata Longwood, is a special place to me. My mother lived there until she passed away in 2012, at the age of 98 years old. I saw first hand the affection and care provided to her and to the rest of the people in residence. It was all that I and I think everyone who has a family member staying there would hope for. Serenades is a well conceived and managed facility. Management is committed to excellence and loving care. I continue to visit, out of respect and affection for the people who look after and take care of our loved ones.

Julie Fernandez

Thank you, Mr. Glennon for your wonderful review. Having your mother as a resident also brought you into our lives for which we are grateful. Your continued visits bring such joy!

An Exceptional place

Serenades is an exceptional place with exceptional, caring loving and supportive people. We are so glad we chose Serenades for my Mom. This is a difficult journey and with out them it would be even more difficult -She is cared for with Dignity and love everyday. The activities they offer are fun, creative and happy.
We are so fortunate and we Thank all of you for what you do everyday - :)

Julie Fernandez

Thank you, Susan for your wonderful review. It has been our pleasure to care for your mother and we love having you as a family member!

Serenades exceeds expectations!

I’d like to recognize Serenades by Sonata as an Assisted Living Facility that provides the loved ones entrusted to them with exceptional care. Without a doubt one of the biggest and most difficult decisions I’ve had to make in life is choosing an ALF. As my mom has just completed her third year in Serenades, I must say that the care she has received has exceeded my expectations in every way. Exemplary, compassionate staff, beautiful, clean and well maintained facilities along with educational programming that is both respectful and stimulating in my opinion is what makes Serenades by Sonata stand out as a 5 star ALF.

Zoe,
Thank you for your feed back and a great review! We love having your mom here with us and I know she loves your visits, especially with that sweet little one! We appreciate your kind words. Thank you for choosing Serenades for your mom!

The Serenades experience

I have witness first hand the love and care all the staff has for its residents. They put forth the effort to keep everyone stimulated and comfortable. The activities are first class and educational. My family feels Serenades is a very safe and loving environment for our mom. Her favorite place is the beautiful garden. We looked at a few other facilities but always came back to Serenades. It just feels like home.

KIm,
Thank you for your review of Serenades. It is a real pleasure to have your mother in law here with us! She loves being able to help plan social gatherings with other residents! Cheers! We appreciate you allowing us to care for her. Thanks again.

The beat choice I could have made....

I made a commitment that I would never put my parents or my wife's parents in a nursing home as long as I was capable of providing for them. At the time, I did not have the experience of caring for someone with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. After living with my wife and me for over two years, it became increasingly obvious that we were not equipped to deal with my mom’s disease. After two years, we came to the conclusion that it was in her best interest to seek professional help.

My wife and I researched local institutions very thoroughly and until we found Serenades, we were very anxious about our limited options. We visited several excellent assisted living facilities, but the Alzheimer’s units always felt like the prison wing. I don’t think I need to say more.

We moved mom into Serenades shortly after it opened, which was over two and a half years ago. We can’t say enough about the facility and the staff. I know in my heart that my mom is loved and well cared for at Serenades. I usually take my mom for a walk around this beautifully appointed facility and all of the caregivers wave and greet her by name and usually greet her with a hug. My wife claims that I am OCD so I notice everything. The place is always spotless and well maintained. It is very obvious that this facility was designed with the knowledge of the needs of the elderly, especially those with Alzheimer’s. Each room is decorated and furnished by the family so that it provides a sense of familiarity to the residents. Even the room lighting and motion sensors in the rooms are there for the safety and comfort of the residents.

My hat is off to the chef at Serenades as well. Every meal that I have eaten there with my mom has been great. The only complaint that I have heard from the staff was that the food was too good and that they had gained a few pounds while working there.

We love the fact that the nurses, caregivers and the visiting doctor are all part of a team that work together to oversee the health of my mom and the other residents. The staff is able to give the doctor information about my mom that may be important for her health. This is important to me since I can't be there with her every day. If there is a problem, it can be handled quickly and effectively. When I receive a call from Serenades, I usually brace for some bad news, but they always start the conversation with “There is no problem with your mom” to let me know to not panic. They always keep me fully informed of any issues related to her activities or her well-being. They always call to let me know that they noticed something or need to renew prescriptions, etc.

Another area that is top-notch at Serenades is the activities. They have singing, dancing, games, puzzles and painting to name a few. When you enter Serenades, you immediately notice the amazing paintings that the residents have created. It takes a lot of work and patience to get a group of people with Alzheimer’s to work together to paint a canvas painting, but they pull it off and the results are amazing. I would die if I walked in and saw my mom sitting and watching TV all day. This would not be the life that I would choose for her. They stimulate and entertain the residents with iPAD memory games along with the other types of activities.

We love the staff at Serenades and can’t say enough good things about them or the facility. We feel that they, along with many of the other residents, have become a part of our family. We are at peace with our decision and would highly recommend Serenades of Longwood to anyone with a parent that needs Alzheimer’s or dementia care. I don’t think you could find better. The most important thing is that my mom is happy there and she deserves nothing but the best.

Jim,
Thank you so much for such a great review of Serenades. We love Mary! You and Maureen have become such a special part of our Serenades family. By the way, our holiday celebration is coming up---we will be looking for you to sing a little tune, Mr. Song Bird! It's families like you that make it easier to do what we do on a daily basis. We know the decision to place a loved one at a community is not an easy one. We appreciate your trust! Thank you for choosing Serenades!

Serenades by Sonata in Longwood is a ...

Serenades by Sonata in Longwood is a wonderful place for those who can no longer live alone. The staff is amazing, always putting the residents' needs first. They are so kind and loving toward each resident. They take the time to really get to know their needs and wants to keep them happy and comfortable. Everyone has been very friendly in the two + years my father has lived here, residents, family members and the entire staff. Julie Fernandez, the director is everywhere in the community, helping out, visiting, always visible and available! As difficult a decision as it is to find a good place for your loved one, Serenades has made it as easy as possible. I have only praise for the facility, no complaints after all this time.
Oh, and as a final thought. I have had my mother and my father in many facilities, this is by far the best.

Julie Fernandez

Karen, thank you so much for your review! It is an honor to serve our residents and their families and we are grateful for every opportunity. Thank you for choosing Serenades for your father!

Our Happy Parents!

Well Everyone, my sister and I not only have 1 parent currently at Serenades, but we have both parents at Serenades. One parent with Alzheimer's, the other with Dementia. They have been married 63 years and are able to still enjoy one another at Serenades. Activities and meals are very nice. The environment is newly built and has the appearance of a new home on the inside. All the residents are at different stages, but appear happy around one another. We are glad we found Serenades. Staff... You are wonderful!!! Hugs!

Julie Fernandez

Laurie - Thank you very much for your review! It is such a pleasure having your parents at Serenades. They are able to see each other every day without having the burden or worry of how they will be able to continue to provide care for one another. Thank you for allowing your parents to resident at Serenades!

A wonderful, loving place

My Mother was a resident of Serenades by Sonata in Longwood for 2.5 years. We cannot say enough about the quality of the care and the beautiful environment. The caregivers were loving and attentive. She had the same caregivers the entire time she lived there which speaks volumes, especially in an industry fraught with turnover. Not only was the staff there for my mother, they were there for my sisters and me. The facilities are beautiful and extremely well maintained. The daily activities are level appropriate and engaging. We were very lucky to have found Serenades and grateful that it was there for Mom (and us) when we needed it most.

Julie Fernandez

Kathy - thank you very much for your review of Serenades. It was a pleasure having your mother in our community. We are grateful for having been given the opportunity to have your family become part of ours. Warmest regards -

Everyone about Serenades is great

My father lives in Serenades. Everything about this place is great. The staff is always willing to go out of their way to help. We are very pleased with everything.

Julie Fernandez

Thank you very much for your review of Serenades and your father's care. We appreciate being honored with the opportunity to have your father join the Serenades family!

I think the world of Serenades by Sonata!!!

The Jewish Pavilion is an outreach organization that seeks to enhance the lives of residents and their families in over 50 senior living communities. The non-profit provides sabbath and holiday celebrations, musicales, ice cream socials, intergenerational festivities and more. Serenades by Sonata in Longwood is one of our favorite buildings. First off, it is gorgeous and immaculate. The residents appear to be so happy . The staff is very helpful, patient and friendly. The food is delicious and prepared in an elegant manner. When we do a party in the building, such as a Hanukkah party, residents of all faiths are included. What I have observed is the high level of participation of the staff. Everyone joins in on the celebration. At the last party, staff from Serenades, staff from the Pavilion, volunteers from the Pavilion, and residents were dancing around the room having such a great time. Residents, who could no longer dance, were, tapping their heels and clapping along to the music . I would highly recommend Serenades by Sonata for your family and friends.

Julie Fernandez

Thank you, Nancy and everyone associated with The Jewish Pavilion for your support of our Serenades residents of all faiths! The Jewish Pavilions mission to enhance the lives of residents living in long term care communities is such a blessing. Thank you!

A Loving Home Away From Home

My father had the pleasure of living at Serenades by Sonata for two years. He was well cared for by a loving staff that he called his family. He thoroughly enjoyed the interior courtyard, going for walks several times a day to smell the flowers, watch the butterflies and clouds, and enjoy the sunshine. He also enjoyed the top notch activity program which kept his mind challenged and encouraged social interaction. His favorites included SongBirds, therapy dogs, and activities on the IPad. You can tell the staff enjoy each other as well as the residents. They find creative ways to celebrate all kinds of things from holidays and birthdays to baby showers and honoring their vets. Check out their facebook page to see the residents in action. Dad would give Serenades by Sonata a two thumbs up and so would we!

Julie Fernandez

It has been an honor and a pleasure to have been able to have your father as a part of our Serenades family. Thank you!

Always a good experience

The staff at Serenades is very kind and helpful. Their focus is on the residents and their over all well being.

Julie Fernandez

Thank you so much for your review of Serenades Longwood. We appreciate you!

Peace of Mind...

Since my mom has moved into Serenades, I don't worry about anything. The girls are so kind and gentle. I believe they are Angels. The best decision we could have ever made. Thank you all!