Brookdale Tuskawilla - Winter Springs, FL

Brookdale Tuskawilla - Winter Springs, FL has yet not published prices.

I'd Rate Them a Zero

It was horrible here and we got dad out in 4 days. They
[Removed] and do not provide healthy protection. He was left soiled for hours and once he was unchanged since we left him from the day before. The bathroom was dirty with unsanitary stuff and they promised to clean the bathroom by the time we came back from an appointment. They didn't say sorry and when we tried to talk to the director, she said she would call us back but she never called back. We requested a refund and even asked to prorate the 4 day he was there. The community is totally unhealthy and it was a terrible experience. I do not recommend that place to anyone.

Father is Well Here

This community is working out pretty well for my father with his move here. They are taking good care of him, and his needs. All is well so far, and I'am pleased with all they have done for our family. He is safe, and in good hands overall.

So Far Everything Good

From what I have heard from my sister,everything is working out pretty well for my mother in this community. She is doing well, and we are comfortable with her move to this facility. I haven't heard any complaints, or any problems so far.

I was very pleased and am in the process of booking a stay for my mother!

So far so good

My loved ones are still adjusting to living at this community. The staff seem to be doing a good job. They offer daily activities and they keep the community clean. The food seems fine. Things are as good as can be expected. The community is close to family and a good value. I would recommend this community.

Still Adjusting, But A Nice Community

I would say it is still a work in progress for my mother in law with her move to this community. She is still getting use to the routine around the community, and they are getting use to her, and her needs. The staff is nice, and helpful for the most part. I couldn't say if I would recommend this community, it is still early in the process. Overall it is a nice community.

Nice... not what the family had in mind

Be cautious!

Our mother moved into the Assisted Living part of the facility about 3.5 years ago. We chose this facility because she had Alzheimers and we knew eventually she would need to be moved into the Memory Care Unit. We were somewhat satisfied for the first few years, but the latter part of 2015, we noticed the care and cleanliness had declined considerably. When we addressed each time, we were given lots of excuses and assured they would be fixed. Needless to say they finally were fixed 3 days before our mother passed away. The manager of the facility was not very pleasant.

4 stars for sure

Brookdale at Tuskawilla is a very nice place. It is clean and neat. The activities available for the residents are good and the outings are also good. The employees are always friendly and attentive. The area that could be improved on and cause me to give it 5 stars is the timing of the meals. They are an hour too early for my friend.

Facility was bright and cheery. Staff was cheerful and helpful. Facility looked great and SMELLED good. Rooms were spacious.

This place is aweful. The staff does not care about the residents. Its the same menu's everyday and they are always short on staff. I think they need to replace management, get a new team in there.

overall very satisfied

I would like to see at this assisted living facility that they would take the time to round the residents up to join the activities instead of posting and leaving it to their discretion to attend. They should more involved with rounding them up to participate. Overall I am very satisfied

Very nice place!

We are entirely satisfied by the service at Brookdale Tuskawilla! The care is perfect, the staff is friendly and professional, and everything they provide is top notch. Even the food is good! I would give them five stars across the board, and recommend them highly!

They were nice, but their memory care unit was small.

We considered this community, and took a tour. They were nice, but their memory care unit was small. We wouldn't be able to keep my parents together in memory care since one of them didn't need it. They would have kept them close by each other, but not actually together. It was kind of small and cramped quarters. It also had a more clinical feel and wasn't as homey feeling.

Very nice place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this was a nice looking place overall, and the staff we spoke to all seemed very friendly. Out of the places we saw this would have been our second choice, it is definitely worth a look!

Stay away

Unless your loved one is independent stay away from this facility! They are always having staffing issues, the a/c never works in the building, the staff is terrible to work with and the management is no better. Nurses and CNA's are so uncaring, it's pathetic! Try finding anyone to help you on a weekend after 5pm and you're in for a shock. Medicine carts left unattended in hallways, phone calls go unanswered and roll over to a fax! We never got the services that we were supposed to receive for our loved one. They never do a sanitized cleaning of the bathrooms - rarely - if ever do they clean the floors and shower - all they do is wipe the obvious. Roaches in rooms - Terrible place!

My thoughts on The Emeritus

The only thing I didn't like was seeing ill seniors just sitting in the hallways slumped over in there chairs.

Sam Pollock

Please be assured that we do not let our ill seniors go without medical care and sit in the hallways. We work diligently to provide a wide assortment of activities for our seniors; however participation is not mandatory, and they may do as they please during the day. Many seniors feel most comfortable sitting in the hallways and they often fall asleep doing so.

very nice atmosphere. nice ...

very nice atmosphere. nice marketing person. would have been my first choice, not necessarily my mother's however

A decent community

The only thing is the food not great. I think they are in between chefs. When we arrived they gave us a sample and it was wonderful. There is plenty of parking every time we’ve gone. It’s clean and the staff is friendly.

Everything has been going really well...

Everything has been going really well for my loved one so far! I really have no areas of improvement yet. Everything has been fine and I have no complaints!

Amazing staff!

We've been extremely pleased with all of the services and activities they provide here. But what really makes them stand out is the feeling that everyone who works here, from the director, to the dining staff, to the caregivers, all really seem to like their jobs. They are loving, friendly, and wonderful to both the residents and their families. It's a great feeling knowing your loved one is in such caring hands!

More Advanced Patients

It was nice, it was my first stop looking at places and as emotional as it can be, the patients had bibs on and were being fed and that was totally overwhelming. They were more advanced than my mom and I didn't want to think of the situation like that. I had a more emotional feeling like my mom doesn't belong here.

It's OK

As far as the people, they are great, but my biggest beef right now is about the building. I didn't know what I was getting when I went in there. They didn't show me the room until she moved in and it was too late to decide against it. It doesn't have a sink, I didn't know that at the time. It has a bathroom, but my mother really wanted a kitchen sink. The carpet smells in both in the room and in the hallways, and I don't understand why they can't replace the carpet. With things like that that are not very accommodating. You can smell it as soon as you walk into the hall, and it is just stench. I'm a nurse myself, and one of the biggest things in a facility is the smell. My mother is also having trouble finding people that she can talk to or relate to. A lot of people have been there for years and it seems like my mother is at a higher intellectual level than the other people there.
It seems like people that used to qualify for nursing homes are now in ALF's, and that's kind of how Emeritus feels. Mother doesn't want to go play Bingo and things like that. She wants to have a little more creative atmosphere.

Not the Right Set Up

It was only one story. Just didn't have the room that she wanted. It was nice, but not the right set up - she wanted a two bedroom with a roommate. Building was not that old, but not really new.

Friendly. Clean. Accommodating.

With one visit to the website, followed by a speedy response call, A Place for Mom was able to guide us to five places nearby to meet the needs of our family and 93 year old grandmother. We quickly narrowed our search to Emeritus. The resources helped us stay focused and after several visits and preparation, she is now receiving additional care and much needed socialization. We will continue to learn and grow with the Emeritus team on communication style and preventative wellness measures, but are in general are quite pleased. The community is clean and the staff is pleasant and accommodating. Based on our own research, referrals, and reputation, we feel confident that we have chosen the best location.

Wasn't as good of an impresion

This was the same as Savannah Court, I just thought the people weren't as professional here, I would say their follow up wasn't as good either.

Language Barrier

There is not enough Spanish speaking staff, so will be moving aunt. My aunt is high functional needs less care, feel misled that high functional would be included in activities. Activities are not setup for high functional people. Everything is good and would recommend it but I wish they had more Spanish speaking staff. More activities for high function would make it much better. The food is good but could be better, it’s just too bland. It’s a very small area for memory care, would like to see more space for memory care area so they can walk around.

Very nice but to expensive....

Very nice but to expensive. Community fee to high as well.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system