Something needs to change!!

Senior suite is a horrible place to entrust your family members to live. My aunt stays here and she so afraid that someone is going to break in and seriously to harm. I went over there on Friday and seen that the window to the building was shattered. No was there to find out what was going on. There should be some type of security there during the night just to make the residents feel safe. I can’t believe these people charges market rent to these elderly people that get a once a month check. How are they supposed to live out the rest of month. God forbid if they don’t have any family members. And the drug trafficking in this building it’s a shame and the Matinace men knows what’s going on. I would never recommend this place to anyone. If you have any love ones there please go and a check on them. Putting people in the office once or twice a week in the mornings won’t help. “THEY DONT FEEL SAFE”

[jname removed] didn't show up after waiting 30 min.a janitor called her She asked me how much I pay now what I was looking for gave me a quick brush off said they had no 1 bd rm.I'll keep looking.

GREAT LOCATION AND ROOM SPACE FOR MOM

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review of our community; we appreciate your feedback!

So Far, So Good!

My mom has just recently moved into Senior Suites of South Shore. It is a very tidy place and the apartments are small, but my mom loves her apartment which is the perfect size for her needs. The staff is very friendly and helpful. For the most part, everything is well-maintained and clean. They are very responsive in updating or fixing repairs needed. There are activities posted on a monthly calendar that they can choose to participate if they want to. There is transportation for the residents who need it to go shopping and for other excursions that they plan for the residents. I would recommend this community to friends and family.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review and for your recommendation of our community. We appreciate your confidence in us!

A Top Notch Community

It has been wonderful for my client. The community is a
clean facility with the best trained staff. I would recommend them and A Place For Mom was great help. I wanted to move in there myself! My client is so happy that they have more activities he can participate in. He loves living there. The maintenance person is great and willing to help the residents. he is friendly and always willing to help the residents. When I visit i see all the good qualities.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We appreciate your confidence in us and we're so pleased that your client is enjoying his home here and participating in all the activities we have to offer!

They are doing a great job caring for my loved one!

My grandpa has been doing well since the move to Senior Suites of South Shore. The community is well maintained and they do well with keeping the community clean throughout. We are very happy with the friendliness of the staff. The community offers a variety of activities daily for the residents to keep busy.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to leave your positive feedback! If you have any further input on how we can create a five-star experience for your grandpa, please do not hesitate to reach out to our team.

I wish I could have moved in years ago!!

This independent community offers a lot of activities such as bingo, ice cream socials and outings once a week you can sign up for. Since I moved in they did have a foot doctor come in which I thought was great. They try and keep the community clean. They do not offer a meal service at this community. Senior Suites gets my recommendation.

Review of Senior Suites of South Shore

I have found everyone to be completely inforement, professional, took time to listen, and be very helpful. Would recommend others to this location.

Review of Senior Suites of South Shore in Chicago, Il

I enjoy the area so much I waited 2 years to move in. I hope to be here forever. There is nothing like living in a community where you feel comfortable and safe.

Review of Senior Suites of South Shore in Chicago, Il

This community is nice, convenient park, busline and friendly peoples.

Review of Senior Suites of South Shore in Chicago, IL

I live in this community and I give it three stars.

Review of Senior Suites of South Shore in Chicago, IL

I live in this community and I give it three stars.

Review of Senior Suites of South Shore in Chicago, IL

The community, I find is very livable, quiet for seniors, traffic tolerance, transportation very good, building clean, neighbors friendly.

Review of Senior Suites of South Shore in Chicago, IL

This manager does answer our questions, or if she doesn't know she gets back with us and asks for our patience!

Review of Senior Suites of South Shore in Chicago, IL

The management could be much better. We are not getting what we should as a community. We are left out continually when it comes to services. It appears management does not care. We are constantly paying rent, getting nothing in return.

SLC Seniorsuites

Thank you very much for taking the time to include your review of Senior Suites of South Shore.
My name is Lisa Reed and I am the Vice President of Operations for all of our Senior Suites communities.
I am truly sorry to hear that as a resident you are not truly satisfied with our community and the services we provide.

If you would like to contact me personally, I would benefit from knowing what specific services you believe to be lacking at Senior Suites of South Shore. We do offer an array of amenities that complement our independent living. This includes, but is not limited to, monthly housekeeping, weekly grocery shopping transportation, complimentary laundry facilities typically on each floor, emergency pull cords in each of the apartment and on-site maintenance staff. The services we provide at our South Shore community are consistent with all of our Senior Suites communities.

I do appreciate you taking the time to review our community & would like to remind you that my contact information is posted in each of our communities if your concerns are not being addressed. Lisa Reed, [removed]

Review of Senior Suites of South Shore in Chicago, IL

Senior Suites is a beautiful setting but we could use much improvement all over the building.

SLC Seniorsuites

While I know there is always room for improvement in the operations of our communities, I would like to be able to address your specific concerns. Your submitted comments refer to general improvements needed, but not specific. My contact information is posted at all of our communities. I would welcome the opportunity to understand what individual concerns you have. Lisa Reed, [removed]

Review of Senior Suites of South Shore

It could stand some more improvements on getting the New Budget in order so we can be more consistent with grocery shopping and activities. We need to turn up the heat in night-time, because we were close to the Lake Michigan.

SLC Seniorsuites

I understand from the comments you submitted that you would like to see an overall improvement in the grocery shopping transportation and activities.

Our shopping is done weekly. Occasionally, shopping is canceled if we have a staffing concern or if the vehicle is in need of repairs. We do limit interruptions to our residents, but unfortunately sometimes they can’t be helped. We do have regional staffing support to often step in if our property staff is unable to complete the shopping trip.

You may know that we recently rolled out a new Activity related focus with a program called Brain Health University.
We take pride in the activity programs offered in our Suites. Our Administrative Assistants work in concert with our managers to provide programming that meets our company standards and those interests of our residents. We recently conducted training and are in the process of implementing a new range of programs for our residents, called Brain Health University. Brain Health University is an eight-week program that offers a series of 30 new classes. During these classes we explore new experiences related to the dimensions of brain health: physical activity, nutrition, sleep, stress management, cognitive stimulation, and social engagement. Routine dulls the mind. Our goal is to interrupt routine and challenge our brains to develop and learn as we experience “novelty, variety, and a bit of challenge”. Senior Lifestyle Corporation has been nationally recognized for this program and we are thrilled to be able to offer it to our residents. Brain Health University received the 2011 Industry Innovators Award from the International Council on Active Aging (ICAA). The program also received the 2012 Best of the Best Award from the Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA).

I am happy to address your heat concerns with our regional maintenance staff to ensure that you are comfortable with the heat settings at night.

SLC Seniorsuites

Washing and Drying include in rent

We chose Senior Suites because it was the first places we visited and the people were friendly, the community was clean, there is a bus stop right across the street, just everything we wanted or need they could offer. On each floor there is a washing and drying room and that is included in the rent. Before my loved would ask me to get her quarters and that was a bit of a hassle, but with it being included makes it just that much easier. Josephine the director is just wonderful and a sweetheart, they took my mother in with open arms. We are very happy with Senior Suites and would recommend them to anyone.

Great Place

Great Place

Loved the place, the view and it was ...

Loved the place, the view and it was well kept. Plan on making this a keeper.

Imagine being able to live in a beautiful building, in a community of friends, receive monthly housekeeping services and benefit from specially designed safety features - all for one low affordable monthly rate and in the Chicago neighborhood you've called home for most of your life. As a resident at one of our many Senior Suites communities, this dream can become a wonderful reality.

Chicago is known throughout the world for its wonderfully diverse neighborhoods and distinct architectures. Senior Suites reflect that civic pride in the neighborhoods we serve by the attractive apartment homes we offer. Senior Suites allow adults 62 years of age and older to live affordably and safely in the neighborhood that they call home. Our communities are designed with your comfort and safety in mind and provide opportunities for social engagement and camaraderie.