Senior Home Choice 3 - Vandalia, OH

Excellent Care!

We have had a wonderful experience with the care our father receives here. He gets a lot of engagement and activity. The staff is always welcoming and friendly. I can’t say enough about these great folks!

Great Place!

My dad was placed in a brand new larger assisted-living where he was left unattended for several hours at a time and it just was not a good fit. Since moving to senior home choice I have been able to put my mind at ease about the care he is receiving and the environment he's living in. The staff is attentive and are able to meet the residents needs quickly. The environment is clean and bright and has a cozy home feel. We love it here and would never go back to a traditional assisted-living.

Review of Senior Home Choice 3 Vandalia, OH

Likes the food and staff. Enjoys his showers and the way the laundry is done.

Review of Senior Home Choice 3 Vandalia, OH

She says she loves the house and the staff.

Review of Senior Home Choice 3 Vandalia, OH

He said it's better than the places he has been. Son is very happy with his care.

Review of Senior Home Choice 3 Vandalia, OH

It's not home, but great folks!

Review of Senior Home Choice 3 Vandalia, OH

I have never felt so relaxed and comfortable than I do in this house. All of the aides are very concerned about my well being. They anticipate and fulfill any needs I may have before I even ask them. I feel very secure in this home. The aides are very good about involving everyone in activities, which is very stimulating for those whose families do not visit.

Review of Senior Home Choice 3 Vandalia, OH

I am very happy with SHC. I moved my mother here over a year ago from an AL(would never go back there). She has done so well here! The staff and Regional Manager are awesome! So glad my mother can call Senior Home Choice home!!!

Review of Senior Home Choice 3 Vandalia, OH

It's okay--Family is very happy with her care.

Staff Was Not Engaging Enough For Me

We toured a few residential group homes and this was okay but it didn't feel like a good fit for my mom. There just didn't seem to be enough for the residents too do they were all sitting in front of a tv and not doing anything else. The staff was friendly enough and helpful but they could have been a little more engaging.

Seems To Be Okay For Now

For now, this community is ok we have not had major issues. The food looks good and smells good. The community is extremely clean and smells good. The communication so far has been productive and they seem to be handling the level of care for my client well. There have been some things I have been told that is a little disturbing however I have not witnessed them first-hand so it is hard for me to say whether or not things have occurred.

Not equipt

The Senior Home Choice was the place I really wanted to take my mother, but they were not equipt with what my mother needed. The bathroom was not safe for her and in the bedrooms, they had movable rails. There were only 5 residents in the home.

Overall

Over all I like it but my dad dose not do any activities so I don't know how they are. But I do wish that they had better meals.

Great alternative to traditional assisted living facilities.

Senior Choice staff are great to work with. They facilitated placement for my client in a very professional and timely manner. They also worked well with the client's family to reassure them that their loved one would be in a pleasant and secure environment with round the clock care and supervision. I have visited the residential facility and it is a well maintained, spacious, pleasant home environment that is well staffed and secure. I will recommend this establishment to others.

I guess I expected more fro...

I guess I expected more from this facility. I thought that the interior would be better suited for healthcare. I didn't see any handrails and the hallway that leads to the bedrooms seemed very narrow for a wheelchair access. The staff seemed very attentive and helpful. Since the place is small I believe my Dad would get more attention and care than a larger facility.

ASSISTED LIVING CARE IN HOMES

Personal Care Homes offer seniors 24/7 assisted living care in real homes, in real neighborhoods, for seniors who don't want to live in institutional facilities.

Whether playing cards at the kitchen table, smelling a pie in the oven, feeding the birds in the back yard, or waving to the mailman, residents continue the life they've always lived, but with the supportive care they now need.

DIGNITY FOR EACH PERSON

Our caregivers provide care for 5 residents--not 15, 25
or 35, as found in most facilities. And we do not use a
one-size-fits-all approach. We believe in:

- Dignity, independence & quality of life
- A goal of aging-in-place to prevent or delay
institutionalization
- Support for residents & families through
communication, coordination & continuity of care
- Meaningful interactions for a continued sense of
purpose and enjoyment of life
- Letting loved ones stop worrying about the stress
of care needs & start enjoying time together

PEACE OF MIND

The Personal Care Homes are inspected and licensed as Adult Care Facilities by state officials. We have no deficiencies from our state inspections.

A resident has never moved out due to dissatisfaction or care concerns. In fact, 90% of our residents have moved to us from assisted living facilities.

Interested families are welcome to contact any famliy, doctor, health care provider or employee.

The owners of Senior Home Choice are available 24/7 to every resident & family member, and are involved in daily operations.