Scholl Canyon Estates - Glendale, CA

Comfort For Mom!!

There are so many amenities and activities the community offers. My loved one enjoys the church services offered, the exercise rooms, and the room that is like a theater. The residents get a movie theater experience with popcorn and comfortable seats. They also have a beautician on site this is another great thing. One of the things that i dislike are the meal portions they are very small and the repetition of the meals. Besides this it's a wonderful place for mom.

Friendly, warm, clean, close to one hospital. Great setting in the activity areas. Providing transportation service, doctor visit service. Lots of daily activities to keep your mind occupied. Meal selection is wonderful. Theater is a wonderful surprise.
Personally, I like the place very much. Except they do not have bathtub in the 1 bed setting.

needs consistency in the kitchen

I thing is that they need consistency with the kitchen staff. They seem to have an issue with quality.

Friendly, but Could Improve On The Food

They are friendly. [removed] They are Adventist, so they don't serve pork in the lunchroom and the food, my mom says, is sub-standard, which is her biggest complaint.

One of the Best Residential Homes

As a professional fiduciary for the past 23 years, I have visited well over 100 residential homes and placed many clients. I am grateful to have discovered Scholl Canyon Estates. After placing a client at SCE recently, I have observed the services they provide and the high level of personal attention and support they give to residents, which ensures a safe and nurturing environment for elders and others. Even the outside care service they have contracted with gives excellent service. I believe that SCE is one of the best residential homes in Southern California.

Fantastic independent facility!

Scholl Canyon Estates is fantastic! They have a great activity schedule, the management is fantastic, and they helped me with during a difficult time with my father who's now back to being himself!

They are all really great to my mom.

They seem to be really on the ball. I’d like to have more low sodium food.

In my experience, they are very clean. I’m very happy with the activities that are offered and the level of care provided.

They are all really great to my mom.

Very lovely facility, but C...

Very lovely facility, but C doesn't feel there is enough support staff after hours. It is independent living. Enjoyed Mike's tour. Not totally ruled out.

Mom Loves It There

They've been very good. My mother has been there a few month now and she loves it. She's a people person so she's very very happy here. They did have some situations going on with the activities. The activities were a little lagging the last few months but they've hired somebody new and the calendar is picking up again, as it should. They also have a new head person there and the sales director is not there anymore which is a shame. I really liked her. I've had some concerns about the staff turnover but the place is running okay. The main thing is my mother loves it there. I haven't seen any drawbacks other than I think they're short-staffed. Maybe this is because of budget needs but they have their housekeeping staff also serve food in the dining room. For a company as big as Hawthorne I really thing they should have separate staff for housekeeping and dining.

Quite a few of the residents are a lot older but they are really nice and a lot of them are still very mobile. Mom just needs medication reminders. Otherwise she a pretty active senior.

Independent senior living f...

Independent senior living facility with all meals and light house cleaning provided. Would have to hire outside help.

Nice place, a little far, but residen...

Nice place, a little far, but residents, even though older are very active... very scheduled meal times might be a problem because very set and not flexible hours...

Loved the place. Warm, friendly staff...

Loved the place. Warm, friendly staff, good food, cheery bright environment, younger residents, overall great place. Would choose it if we were ready.

We believe that Scholl Canyon Estates is so much more than walls and windows - it's a place to enjoy home-cooked meals, game night, or a quiet evening with family and friends. It's where you always feel comfortable, safe, and secure.

At Scholl Canyon Estates, our management teams live on-site, and are available 24 hours a day. Our food is truly made from scratch, and served right to your table along with a smile from our friendly staff.

Enjoy the convenience of our comfortable bus for scheduled appointments, shopping trips and other errands. We also regularly plan special excursions to cultural events, day trips, museums, and other places of interest. If you'd rather stay home, the choice is yours. It's easy to be as private or as social as you wish, Scholl Canyon Estates features beautiful common areas and there's always a variety of planned activities and a chance to socialize with friends and neighbors every day.