Mountview Senior Living - Montrose, CA

Horrible experience

They need to get staff that has been employed longer than a month. They knew nothing about caring for a dementia patient. The first night my husband was there he fell, cracked his head open and had to be taken to the hospital. They let him run around in his diaper, one day they allowed him to go outside and roll around in the dirt in his diaper. They continually told me once the medication kicked in he would improve but no one ever knew what medication he was on. It was the worst two weeks of my life and I finally got him out of there. I wouldn't say anything good about it.

Megan Strothman

We are sorry to hear that this has been a negative experience for you. Our mission is dedicated to enriching the lives of the individuals who live and work with us. We take this mission very seriously and we are saddened to hear your comments. What you described in your review is certainly not indicative of how Elmcroft does business or treats their residents. We are known for our compassionate, friendly, and experienced staff who goes above and beyond for our residents. We are truly sorry you felt differently and therefore would like to apologize. With that said, we do have new management in place and we are more confident than ever that we will continue to enrich the lives of others. Again, I am sorry to hear this has been a difficult experience for you.

Great so far!

My friend moved here recently and so far everything is wonderful. The staff is friendly and we have no complaints.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create the best environment possible for our residents!

Outstand Care

I have always been happy with the services here at this community. The staff is wonderful and very caring to everyone. The community is very clean and always taken care of. They do offer a great amount of activities for everyone. I am sure that other families would be very happy with the care and the value from the great staff and care here.

Best Of The Best!!

We are really happy with Mountview Senior Living. They have been providing great care for my mother. She seems to be really happy residing here and enjoys her meals. Her room and the community are well up-kept. I would recommend this community because they have been doing a great job and i know my mother is safe here.

Went to Mountview on Aug 30th. I loved this place. The rates are reasonable, the staff very nice. The rooms were small but cheery. I think this may be the one!!

Taking Good Care of My Loved One

It was a good experience with Mountview Senior Living. All of the staff members are taking good care of my loved one over there. I would have to give it a five - star rating overall and five - stars again for the subcategories.

The staff is great!

The location is wonderful. The staff is great!

Friendly staff

The staff is very friendly.

need to improve on communication

At Mountview Senior Living the staff need to improve on communication with the family as to what is going on with the patient. Other than that things have gone pretty good at this facility. The staff are really friendly here.

So far I have been very pleased.

So far so good. They take her to the assisted living side to do the activities. The memory care can get boring, the people aren't very alert. They have been pretty accommodating. It's a nice clean facility, you don't get those smells, like in some other places. She likes the food. I like the fact that they have a podiatrist that comes once a month. Jason and Megan both have been wonderful. So far I have been very pleased.

A Wonderful Place

Without a doubt the very nicest assisted living community we have seen. We have chosen this place for our family member -- we and he are now extremely satisfied. The staff seem exceptional in helping both the residents and related family members.
Mountview Senior Living was a godsend to our family in finding a wonderful living situation for our elder family member.

Very nice place!

They do a fantastic job overall at Mountview Senior Living, we are very pleased with how things have turned out. The person that we helped place seems to have settled in very well into their memory care unit, she seems so much more serene here than in the place she lived previously. The director of the memory care unit does a wonderful job, the residents are well taken care of, and they have a busy activity schedule to keep everyone engaged and entertained! The food is also very good!

They're Great

They have just been wonderful. My mom fell and broke her hip and was in the middle of the move to the facility, and she had to go to like, a convalescent home and they came to feed her and brought her flowers and went over and above to welcome her even though she wasn't living there yet. And I had a good experience in setting everything up and moving everything in and I would highly recommend them. They were great.

They are very friendly and accommodating....

We are still getting adjusted. We are still trying to work out the kinks. We are happy with it but we are a little concerned about if my father is in the right level of care. My mother is in the memory care unit and we are pretty satisfied with that. They are very friendly and accommodating. Overall, we are pleased and still working out the kinks. It's a nice facility and everyone there is very nice.

Nice facility but set up as combination of studios. No kitchenette.

Mountview Senior Living - Heartland Village

We have been very pleased with the care that our parent has received. She is in the memory unit - Heartland Village. The staff is always kind to her, very helpful to us and willing to meet our needs for our parent. I would recommend the memory unit to others. The staff try to engage these residents in activities even though most residents have short term attention and cannot really participate. I have also been impressed with the administration. They have been willing to listen to our struggles and have been supportive as we made the decision to place our parent in the facility. They have been available to discuss our concerns in a timely way. I'm glad we chose Mountview Senior Living.

Dark, old and depressing.

Dark, old and depressing.

I Love Mountview !

I am so happy that I found Mountview.
Mom is extremely happy there

First Impression

Originally this is where I wanted to place my Mom, but after my visit I decided on a smaller facility. Currently, Mountview is under construction/re-decorating, plumbing changes and I found the confusion not desirable for my Mom's move. Facility does need updating. I was also concerned that there really wasn't a space for the clients to sit outside except the bench in the front of the facility and a second story patio for those clients with rooms by it and my Mom loves to sit out in the sun.

Mountview was wonderful. Sherri, the...

Mountview was wonderful. Sherri, the director I met with was sweet and helpful. She went out of her way to accommodate the unique needs of my father. They did everything they could to provide a home environment for him. Close to local shops and nestled in the foothills, it was a great place for my father.

I truly appreciate everything they did. I will be forever grateful.

EEEEW. Not for mom, seems ...

EEEEW. Not for mom, seems like an old folks home (well, it is). One room looked promising, but there's no place to sit that's pretty and the dining room and lobby were depressing. Didn't like the vibe. Understand why it's less $$.

Mountview, one of the foothills’ finest retirement communities, has served local seniors and their families since 1975 with quality full-service retirement living. Mountview takes pride in offering its residents secure, independent and comfortable lifestyles.

Residents enjoy the freedom of residential living with the safety and security provided by 24-hour on-site staff. The all-inclusive monthly rental fee includes such services and amenities as delicious meals in the dining room, weekly housekeeping and linen services, 24-hour emergency call system, scheduled transportation, social and recreational opportunities, utilities and much more.

Mountview is a multi-level retirement community, offering Independent and Assisted Living. Independent Living offers residents independent apartments catering to active seniors who desire the comfort of home. Assisted Living offers personalized assistance with support services 24-hours a day in the privacy of their own apartment.

As a resident of Mountview, you’ll enjoy the warmth of living in a community of friendly neighbors and caring staff members.