Sasse AFC Home - Ypsilanti, MI

Very sad and depressing place. Residents sit and watch TV or stare at each other all day. The refrigerator has a chain and lock on it.

Review of Sasse AFC Home - Ypsilanti, Mi

The home is a home with group meals, clean and comfortable quarters. The owner/operators are friendly, caring and concerned.

This was the only accommodation that was both willing and caring enough to address some sensitive issues for my relative. He cannot be exposed to noxious chemical cleaners, strong paint, or carpet odors from new materials. It was not an issue for them, they were already ecologically friendly around the home. In addition, they were readily willing to provide meals for allergies to gluten, chicken, eggs, dairy, soy, etc. They took my relative shopping for things allowed.

My only reservation so far is more a personality issue with my relative. He is difficult to motivate, he could benefit from verbal cues to become more motivated and independent. He is not the average person found in this type of home. I do not feel the owners are missing anything in their caring approach so much as I have been unable to find acceptable programs outside the home that are both acceptable and safe for this relative.

I enjoy communicating with the care givers. They make us welcome whenever we want to visit or adjust schedules.

I hope this will be a helpful review for others needing this kind of assistance.

Warm and Friendly

I think my father will enjoy Sasse's, it felt like home. The owner was very nice and professional, I believe this will be a good fit for my father. I like that it was a home instead of a nursing facility which can sometimes feel more like a hospital.

Beautiful but not wheelchai...

Beautiful but not wheelchair friendly. No mental stimulation

Incredibly caring staff

I'm so happy we found this place! We visited quite a few places and this one really stood out to me. What I like is that they really give my Mom love, not just care. I think it is so important that person feels loved in the place that they live!

We have been in business since Nov 2012 when we received our license from the state of Michigan. We serve the elderly from ages 50+. This is a family run home and both my husband and i have more than 16 years of experience each taking care of the elderly.
We are not part of any chain or company and our home is called SASSE Assisted living Home, 5972 Par View Dr, Ypsilanti, MI, 48197.
This home is very unique in it's feature. It is a Ranch home, with 2 1/2 bathroom, and each bedroom has it's own Vanity. It has a front porch, and deck on the back with a very big yard. We are by the Ypsilanti golf course, and very close to Ann Arbor, and Saline.