Brookdale Ann Arbor - Ann Arbor, MI

We found the people friendly and accommodating and helpful. The atmosphere was a bit dark but what was available was varied. [Name removed] was lovely and tactful

Very Expensive in Price

This community was on the larger side. It was extremely nice well maintained and very clean. It was handicapped accessible.The staff seemed to be nice and respectful of the residents. The outside was very nice had some outdoor common areas. In fact, we were so impressed by this community we were going to choose this one but the price was an issue it was out of our budget range.

Lovely exterior and interior. Friendly staff. [Removed] was very congenial and informative. Apartments are offered in 3 sizes. We viewed them all. My only hesitation has to do with my Mom's level of cognition and concerns it might be too large a facility.But it on my list. Location is great.

My tour

I liked this community when we visited. The community was clean and they did offer some daily activities. The people we met were nice. The cost of this community was higher than what we were looking for.

Brookdale Ann Arbor review

I cannot get answers to questions: Will I get a statement before the automatic payment goes through monthly? Not sure meds are being given correctly. Sometimes takes too long for response when GPS button activated. Seems to be short staffed. Mother has been there almost 2 weeks and still trying to adjust so in the long term may get better.

Everybody has been very helpful

Brookdale Ann Arbor is the best that I know. I am just not familiar with other facilities. The value is fair. I have no criticism at this point but we really haven't been there long enough. Everybody has been very helpful so far. So far so good.

Our second choice!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I thought Brookdale Ann Arbor looked very nice! It ended up coming down to this facility and another, and we went with the other location just based on proximity to family members. However, this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one!

Beware of Brookdale Ann Arbor!

Beware of this awful place a total scam. TERRIBLE MAMAGEMENT. Current LPN makes all the med techs do her work. Won't even touch a resident. They think it's okay there to be 2 Care Associates on the floor in AL. Care associates serve the residents even if they just got done being in a resident's room. Take your money else where. They think bingo and playing cards are good activities.

Nice looking place!

We visited this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Brookdale Place of Ann Arbor seemed like a very nice community, overall! It had a welcoming atmosphere, and was equipped to handle the care needs of our loved one. It is definitely somewhere we were considering as a second choice!

I liked the food that was available in this community.

I toured here when I was looking for options. I liked the food that was available in this community. They get high ratings from me.

Brookdale Place is the community we chose

We toured two assisted living communities on the same day. Although both of them were very nice, we got a more homey, more comfortable vibe from Brookdale Place. In addition, Mom really wanted to be on the ground floor, which was possible at Brookdale Place. At the other community, she would have been on the 3rd floor.

Very nice place

I really liked the Brookdale Place of Ann Arbor. The interior was very nice, it seemed like they have refreshed it recently. The rehab room looked well equipped like in a real facility. I showed up with out an appointment and they made time for me.

I would not refer anyone to them

Brookdale Place of Ann Arbor turned out to be a real nightmare for us. After our initial meeting I felt real uncomfortable, a corporate scary feeling. I thought they would nickle and dime us, they gouged the daylights out of us. The staff was lazy, they sat with people who are stupefied strapped to a wheel chair playing bingo with them. [removed]. The day he was taken to the hospital he was mute, now in the hospital he is speaking full sentences to my husband. The people at Brookdale are predatory and awful. I would not to refer anyone to them.

Review of Brookdale Place of Ann Arbor - Ann Arbor, MI

We are so greatful for all of the care and support over the last few years. You have been a great help to our father, our family, and to Dad's beloved dog, Rocky. We really appreciate all you did to make his transition to Brookdale so successful!

Review of Brookdale Place Ann Arbor in Ann Arbor, MI

My daughters join me in thanking the entire staff at Brookdale Place Ann Arbor for the wonderful care my husband was given during his stay there. We will remember all the kind words of comfort especially during his last days.

Review of Brookdale Place of Ann Arbor

My sister and I have been happy with Brookdale Place. Everyone is very nice and helpful. Our mother receives very good care.

Review of Brookdale Place of Ann Arbor

The staff at Brookdale treat my mother like family. She is very happy and feels safe there.

Review of Brookdale Place of Ann Arbor

Brookdale Place is a community that provides an opportunity for the individual senior to thrive consistent with their life state. A full range of services are available onsite (wellness, physical therapy, beauty salon, laundry) and a wide variety of activities are scheduled daily ranging from education to social and onsite entertainment. Most important, the management and staff care about the residents and family. The facility is attractive and well maintained. Problems and concerns are addressed quickly. Mom loves the food!

Very pricey ($3200 EACH) fo...

Very pricey ($3200 EACH) for small room with minimal closet space and no kitchen. Nice director, but not for us. 'Assisted living'

Very nice community. 1 of m...

Very nice community. 1 of my 2 choices.

Brookdale of Ann Arbor is amazing!

Brookdale Place of Ann Arbor is wonderful! I have a family member living there and I am so impressed with the kindness of the staff, the responsiveness of the management team and how quickly his needs are met. The food is superior to that of the other facilities I toured and that encourages him to go down to meals. We can't say enough great things about this community! From the moment we walked in and met Beth to the moment we decided to move him in we were met with nothing but compassion, support, encouragement and kind hearted people. The residents are so happy and the energy is amazing!

We toured Brookdale Place a...

We toured Brookdale Place and talked at length with Tanum Ollila. I cannot say enough about Brookdale and Tanum. The facility is clean and welcoming. Tanum is so patient and helpful. I definitely recommend families consider Brookdale Place.

Good Community

The management staff here is very poor at communicating when things are going on. They really have a big lack of communication and don't keep us informed of changes or issues with our loved one. They are also very poor at following up on things. You have to ask them multiple times before you finally see it. The hands on staff is just great though and they provide great care.

Caring staff, just need more to improve response times

The staff at Brookdale Place is very caring but they just don't have enough staff at certain times of the day. For example after dinner there will be one aide for 20 residents, when they are all trying to use the restroom or go to bed. Typically it take 20-30 minutes after a resident presses their call button to get attended to. It has been as long as a 45 minute wait. It is mostly because they are understaffed at peak times when residents need the most assistance. The aides I've met at Brookdale Place want more hours, so I believe it is a scheduling issue. Also, I wrongly assumed there would be a RN or LPN on staff, but Brookdale Place just has med techs which is essentially a trained aide. They have a nurse that is on-call, but not one that is on site. My loved one also complains about the food they serve here.

Very impressive

Very impressive

lovely location, my fear is that in t...

lovely location, my fear is that in the assisted living my dad would be lost, lonely and stuck in his room.

Brookdale Place of Ann Arbor provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.