Atria Park of Ann Arbor - Ann Arbor, MI

Beautiful setting, exterior and interior. Their offerings for Assisted Living seem to be more geared for someone with less impairment than my Mom and their Memory Care seems geared to people more impaired than my Mom. She is falling into "the great in between" right now. The price is good, the apartments were lovely.

Great help in this tough time!

Though my mother is having significant issues, as far as her health, the staff and doctors have been wonderful in doing what they can to help her in this difficult time. They are very cooperative and seek to do what they can to help!

A great experience so far

The staff has been very good with mom. The food seems good. They offer some activities, however I do not think they are up to the standard we were expecting and sometimes they get canceled. The community is kept clean and I would recommend it.

They're moving in!!

My inlaws are moving into the Atria Park soon. The place is wonderful. When I toured, I was very impressed with everything and [Removed] did a very good job of showing us around. The place feels homey and we like how they have memory care and assisted living so they could be together.

Mom is Well At This Community

My mother is doing well here at this community. The staff are taking good care of her and her needs. They have also been very friendly. They are providing her with great care, and I'am pleased. She is safe and in good hands at this community.

Highly recommend!

The community offers a variety of tasty meals. They offer many activities for the residents to enjoy. I absolutely couldn't ask for better communication and compassion. There is not a person in that place without a smile and willing to answer any questions. My parents are well taken care of at Atria Park!

We had a great tour!!!

This is a nice place and we may have chosen this community of we had seen it before the one we chose. We liked the staff very much. It is a nice building and they keep it clean.

We are so happy we selected Atria of Ann Arbor

My parents currently reside at Atria in Ann Arbor. They've been there for approximately 7 weeks. Their facilities are great and exceed our expectations for the price, however it is the staff that really make Atria stand out!!
Thornia, Michelle and Lily all made an extremely difficult transition much easier. Their expertise, communication and efficiency continue to be excellent even after the move in. All techs, caregivers, restaurant staff and front desk staff are well trained and kind.
As an out of town daughter, the communication from the senior staff on my parents care and progress has been excellent.
I would not hesitate to recommend Atria Park of Ann Arbor, MI.

A nice community!

The director that took me on a tour of this community was nice and knowledgable. I was not sure what I was looking for when I toured this community but it was clean and well maintained. Since this is a larger community the cost was a little more. I did decide to go with a smaller care home.

A wonderful community!!!

The tour of Atria was great. The staff were friendly, very knowledgable and offered to do whatever they could to help. This community has 4 stories and is larger than the community we chose.

Staff Are Very Good People

My wife is doing very well here and I'm very pleased with everything they have done for us. The community is very well-kept, her room is always nice and clean when I visit. The staff are very good people. They are caring for her very well. She hasn't tried the activities yet, but there are many offered for her when she is ready to participate. The food is good, she enjoys the meals. Overall everything is working out very well and I would recommend it.

Relieved & Grateful

I am so relieved that my father has been placed at Atria Park who met all the requirements needed for his assisted living care. Though he does not need memory care at this time the fact that they offer it in addition to all the other living support services helps us as we go forward. Other relatives who have worked with Atria in another state have spoken highly of Atria as regard to management and care in admissions. Our experience has been one of respect from the admissions level to the nursing care and support staff. Thank you!

Really Happy

I think that they are really good place because it is employee owned, so they really do care about the residents and they really seem to go out of their way to make them feel welcomed and to help and encourage them to participate. We are real happy with it.

Very nice place!

Our experience with Atria Park of Ann Arbor has been a good one, overall! The staff here is patient and accommodating, and they get right in touch with your if there is an issue. They've really done a great job looking after our loved one! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and has a lot to offer the people who live here!

We had a few hiccups at first but everything is going smoothly now. My father in law really enjoys it here. Any time we have a concern we let them know and they work it out promptly.

Terrible condescending management -overpriced for services received

My parents were here for 2 years & unfortunately my mom is impressed by visuals & that's where the positives end ( beautiful building homey decor etc) the management was beyond terrible - starting with sunrise & morphing into Atria both managers were arrogant & condescending & the ridiculous paranoia put my father with Alzheimer's in the ER 2 times because of his "violent behavior " while on the 4th floor which ultimately led to his death. Beyond all of that Sunrise/Atria was overpriced required we not only pay for the highest level of care but also private aids after my mom suffered a stroke & they didn't want to have the atria aids spending any time concerned about her ( she was actually capable if they had allowed it & were too consumed with their perceived liability) - besides all of that ... The food was awful, their was no activities person over the course of of the 2 years for more than a few months total - the "nursing staff " was cold & inept & the only people who seemed to care or be competent lost their jobs consistently - needless to say we moved our mom in with me & hired 24 hour care - & she is currently in a sunrise facility in Carlsbad ca where the philosophy & management is 180 degrees the opposite direction - my mom is thriving she's active & walking & singing $ leaving atria was the best thing I ever did for the quality of the remainder of her life!

Katy Miller

Feedback from our residents and their families is extremely important to us as we strive to provide exemplary service. Your comments are very concerning and we would like to continue this conversation. Please reach out to us at [removed].

Great place!

We're very pleased with how things turned out with Atria Park of Ann Arbor! They've been absolutely wonderful here, I'd give them high marks across the board! The staff is friendly and professional, and the facility is clean and well kept. I would high recommend them!

Katy Miller

The staff is very good and very committed..

The staff is very good and very committed. The only thing is that they don't always have enough activities. There is too much flat time between them. It has been a very good experience. My loved one is comfortable here. I would recommend the Atria Park of Ann Arbor to anyone looking for a nice community for their loved one. It is a good place with a friendly staff.

Atria Ann Arbor memory care floor

My mom has been at Atria for 2 weeks on the memory care/ life guidance floor and I have visited unannounced every other day at least. They did a good job listening to my requests and generally remembering mom's quirks. The aides have been excellent at getting her involved in activities and helping her socialize which is awesome. She has been out to lunch, to a ballgame, painted a picture and done karaoke to the oldies ( it's amazing how many residents knew the words to "how much is that doggie in the window"!) Some of the aides are truly excellent with a gift for dementia patients, the others are at least trying and are cheerful and kind. I sat in on a staff training session with David Troxel, Atria's corporate expert on dementia care and found his " best friends" approach to make sense and have tried to incorporate some of it into my own interactions with mom. Out of the several other places I visited, this has been the most respectful of mom's needs and abilities and so far I am very pleased!

It had a pleasant atmosphere, really nice.

It had a pleasant atmosphere, really nice. They had a very nice staff. The staff could be more accommodating but other than that, I would place my father in this community.

we are very happy!

We were plunged into a situation where we needed to find a place fast. Atria moved heaven and earth to get her in there quickly. All the staff, all the way from the executive level to the ground floor, were incredibly helpful and accommodating. The activities have been really good for my mother in law who is in the early stages of Alzheimers. The food is very good and well balanced.

The only negative comment I would make has to do with the management of medicine. When my father in law went into Atria he was on medication. The family physician took him off that medication because of side effects and wrote to Atria that he was no longer supposed to take that medicine. When he went to a follow up appointment with a cardiologist, the cardiologist put him back on the medication, and the folks at Atria should have followed up with the family physician first since he had instructed them otherwise.

That is my only critique. Overall we are very happy!

We are pretty happy with them so far.

We had some initial glitches, during the transfer. Everything that we brought up, and it was just minor detail kind of stuff, they addressed right away. Everything is clean, and the staff is friendly. We are pretty happy with them so far.

Very nice place!

Things have gone very well with Atria Park of Ann Arbor overall! Everyone here is extremely friendly, and the community has a welcoming home-like atmosphere. There was a little confusion with a few details when we moved my loved one in, but other than that it has been an entirely positive experience!

Very friendly, and bright.

I toured here as I was looking for options. I thought that the community was very friendly, and bright. They get high ratings from me.

Fix The Plumbing

Dads room needs bathroom needs plumbing work. I would recommend this facility the care was very good and dad was taken care of.

Very caring and supportive environment. And good food. My mom is starting to have fun again.

We were very impressed with this community and especially with the staff. Every person was friendly, helpful and genuinely concerned. Everything about this place sounded like it aligned with our philosophies.

It's a great place!

Atria Park of Ann Arbor is a really great place! They are really friendly and helpful. The place has a lot of little nooks for residents to nestle into to read a book or watch television.

The only thing that has been a less than stellar experience is that I kind of wish they had a notary on site for some of the papers that I have had to sign. That hasn't been a big deal, just a minor inconvenience that I would appreciate.

Other than that it has been a really great situation.

It has exceeded my expectations.

I found that the Atria would be a good fit for my Mom because it is a place that will benefit her both emotionally and physically. Each time I went there all of the residents seemed to be in good spirits. I would just show up unannounced to catch them off guard. It was very nice to see the residents and staff always in such good spirits. Walking into this not knowing what to expect, it has exceeded my expectations.

Excellent respite care

We used Atria Ann Arbor for a brief respite stay for my loved one, and overall I thought they did an excellent job. It was a very nice looking facility, and the staff all seemed very friendly. He seemed to have enjoyed himself, and had no complaints after the respite stay was complete!

I loved it!!

I toured here when I was looking around for a place. I loved it here. This would have been my first pick, but they were too expensive for us. It was really nice though.

We were provided with nothi...

We were provided with nothing in writing (they could not even say what the square footage of the rooms was) but we were quoted $6000/mo for a two bedroom apartment (no kitchen), which did not include any care services. Too expensive. Also staff displayed disorganization. We liked the dog (Coco) The ED gave us some valuable information about a recommended home care agency. Not exactly what we are looking for.

The people at Atria seem to really ca...

The people at Atria seem to really care about the residents. I am somewhat disappointed in the housekeeping/cleanliness aspect because I feel like more could be done.
I wish there were more/structured activities for residents if the memory care unit.

Welcoming place, lively act...

Welcoming place, lively activities in Alzheimer's area. Mom maybe be beyond most people there, nice pond with paved path around. Menu looks yummy

Difficult decision, emotional time

Having no experience in this area, the process and transition has been emotionally difficult and physically exhausting. And I'm only the adult child, not the resident. I'm sure this is true for all of the facilities, but there is a big push to secure the room, sign the month to month lease, get the deposit. Then all the details of the physicians orders, moving, unpacking and settling in - fall to the residents and the family. I was surprised there isn't a social worker or some kind of mental care therapist to help with the adjustment. My folks are similar to most residents - leaving behind a home they lived in for decades, transitioning to a smaller place that could very well be their last home in this world. Somewhat depressed, angry, relieved. Ball of emotions that aren't always dealt with very graciously. Huge adjustment from remembering where things are, to closing up all the loose ends at the old home. The activities director position was vacant when they moved in, so at first there weren't even social activities to get to know other residents. There seems to be a lot of kitchen and help staff turnover but we are fairly new so maybe this is typical to the industry. Most of my comments are about the process of the transition, rather than specific to Sunrise. My dad honestly flipped a coin to pick. We looked at neighborhood, location, access to highway and light shopping needs. Ask the hard questions. Don't be appeased by - "oh the current residents will get to know your folks just fine, they always do" Ask about specific activities, exercises, therapies and involvement. I didn't like how they quoted me the lowest possible price (for a one person studio) to get me to schedule a tour, and then when we were interested, they brought out the price book for the large one bedroom layout we were interested in. It was much higher. Each home has a dog that lives at the complex. This was unsettling to my family who are not pet people. The dog just runs around and barks and goes on and off the elevator. Some things they just don't tell you on the phone. You have to visit to get the experience.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your feedback. Please contact us at information [at] sunriseseniorliving [dot] [com] so that we can learn more about your experience. ---The Sunrise Team

Great personal care

I think they do a great job across the board here. What I am the most pleased with is the individual attention that is shown to each resident, the staff really gets to know everyone personally. The aides really go above and beyond making sure everyone is taken care of, and they check in on everyone frequently. The food here is also quite good, we visit and eat here frequently and we're always impressed!

looks nice. need to find ou...

looks nice. need to find out if one room or two.

Good Community

This was one of our top three communities. The top three seemed to be the same to us so we allowed our loved on to choose from them. She did end up choosing another community but we would have been happy with either one. They are a really good community with a very friendly staff.

A little pricey

Sunrise was a little too pricey for us and our budget. However they are a wonderful community with lots to offer. The community is very pretty and really very nice. When we walked in the front door we fell in love with the place. The base price for level 3 care is $6,000 which includes the rent and certain care services but would still have to add additional services for our loved one and that was just not within our budget. I would loved to have moved our loved one here but it just wasn't financial available for us.

NICE FACILITY. MOM COULD BE HAPPY HE...

NICE FACILITY. MOM COULD BE HAPPY HERE. COULD EVEN HAVE A DOG. MONTHLY COST WOULD BE OVER $3K FOR THE SMALLEST ONE-BEDROOM COMPANION FACILITY. PLACE TO RESERVE FOR CARD GAMES AND COMPANY. THREE MEALS IN RESTAURANT STYLE. TRULY MONTH TO MONTH PAYMENT. CAN SHIFT AMONG DIFFERENT APTS. CONVENIENT LOCATION

This place is very nice also, clean, ...

This place is very nice also, clean, & expensive. Well staff. more info in borchure, monthly rate & room size.

Very enthusiastic staff, gorgeous pla...

Very enthusiastic staff, gorgeous place, we're thinking about it, but, I get a sense that they are promising more than they can deliver in the assisted living. Memory care area looks nice, but residents appeared to just be sitting around.

My parents LOVED this one even bertte...

My parents LOVED this one even bertter than Chelsea, which they thought was tops! However,Mom is definitely NOT ready to go anywhere- my Father on the other hand would move in here yesterday- he is getting very tired of managing himself, the house, and mostly mom's Alz.- thanks for your concern!

Atria Park of Ann Arbor provides older adults with an active lifestyle filled with daily opportunities for fitness, fun, personal growth and connecting with others. This welcoming, thoughtfully designed community offers charming wraparound porches and beautifully landscaped grounds with walking paths and a private lake. Inside, you’ll find comfortable amenities and an abundance of inviting common spaces and dining venues for gathering with neighbors.

Residents also take part in off-site excursions, enjoying the wealth of cultural, entertainment, dining and shopping venues in and around the area. Conveniently located just across from the University of Michigan’s North Campus and only minutes from downtown, it’s easy for family and friends to visit.

With discreet, personalized support from a 24-hour staff, residents can live more independently – and enjoy an active lifestyle filled with opportunities for fun, connection and personal growth.

For individuals with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, Atria Park of Ann Arbor offers Life Guidance® – innovative memory care in a secure, structured environment.