The Vernon Center - Detroit, MI

Independent living is designed to provide the optimum in convenience, socialization, and peace of mind. We combine the best in community activities and togetherness coupled with the privacy and independence of your own apartment. Let us help you with the cooking and housekeeping while you enjoy a movie or card game.

Great fit for my Uncle!

It is a great fit for my uncle. He is settling in quite nicely so far. They do provide activities but my uncle is more of a loner, and based on his age he is quite comfortable not participating. He enjoys the calm and peaceful atmosphere. The staff is very kind and friendly. It is a nice and clean, welcoming community. He does enjoy the food they provide. We believe he is in a safe, and comfortable environment.

Did not like the studio apartments, very small. Resident would have to go outside to go to the dining area. Not a good fit for my cousin.

They Have Great Qualities

Since using the community my resident has been doing very well. She has staff that are friendly, attentive, and respectful. Activities are also available for all the residents. I think the community is kept clean in all areas and in my resident's room.