Salisbury Rehabilitation and Nursing Center - Salisbury, MD

Sorry but would not send my dog here. I found the place dirty when I came and half clean now. Still waiting for a drink from dinner. Staff is lazy or just not trained. You have to ask and ask for something. My bed was not make up today nor was my roommates. I said something and was told “well this is a new shift now”. I am lucky to be able to talk, see, and get around.

For the patient I have been visiting, the care has been of the lowest quality. The main complaint is the changing of the bandages or actually the lack of changing. They are supposed to be changed every 8 hours or as needed. At times when I have been there it has been 12 -14 hours. In this time the bandages have become completely saturated with fluid, fallen down and sometimes almost fallen off. The socks become wet and then the fluid runs unto the floor. A trail of fluid is left on the floor at all places the patient goes. The wet feet for such a prolonged time cause the patient to be cold all the time. All of the above complaints have been witnessed by me. It is reported to the nurses that the bandages need to be changed. They say it will be taken care of, but it never is.
Keep your loved ones away from this place. I will not disclose my name as I think there may be adverse repercussions.

Lots of People

The biggest problem there is that there are so many people, there's not as much individual care. Not that they don't do a good job, there's just more people per attendant. She was there for rehab and it was fine, the service was pretty good.

At Salisburg Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, a Genesis HealthCare facility, we offer our patients and residents outstanding care, delivered by highly skilled practitioners in a warm and comfortable setting. Our Quality Healthcare Units provide skilled nursing, medical and rehabilitative care for patients and residents. Whether you are here for a short stay or for an extended period, our Clinical Care Teams are focused on implementing your personalized care program to facilitate your recovery and improve your well-being.
At Salisburg Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, we provide 24-hour care for long-term elderly residents and chronically ill patients, and are focused on helping each resident achieve their highest level of independence and quality of life. But, we also provide a caring bridge between hospital and home. Our Short Stay Services provide our patients with excellent rehabilitative care in a warm, family-oriented environment. Speeding recovery and returning our patients to home as quickly as possible are our primary goals, with our Clinical Care Teams there to support patients and their families during their stay.