Calco's Assisted Living Inc. - Quantico, MD

Satisfied daughter

I have been a long-time friend of all the ladies at Calco's Assisted Living Residential home. I started out by taking pies to the ladies and then of course when it was time for mother to receive Assisted Living. I chose Calc'os, why because Calco's has always proven to me to be a safe clean and acceptable environment.The doors to Calco's was always open when I felt a need to visit my mother. The three bathrooms was always clean and neat the staff always seem respectable caring and knowledgeable, mother seems to be at peace relaxed and at home each time I went to visit her. The food seems to please mother. When sometimes I had a very hard time pleasing mother with food. but mother seems to enjoy the sitting area in the kitchen and eating with her friends, then after dinner sometimes they would go into the living room and play board games and socialize while having tea. I just want to share my experience with Calco's it was such a loving and caring environment and I want to thank all the staff for giving my mother the care that she needed while having dementia. Thanks again to all the staff and owner of Calco's

More like a home and not just a facility

My mom was a resident at Calco's for the last year and just recently passed. In her honor, I want to let everyone know how great this place is. Everything about this place was just awesome. The atmosphere was so welcoming. My mother and all of the other residents were always so happy anytime I came to visit and often times I would do surprise visits. The facility was always clean. There was always something for the residents to do such as movie night or arts and craft. My mother was always fed a home-cooked meal. She was able to have her own room with her own privacy. The owner made sure that the residents were very comfortable. It wasn't just a facility, it was a HOME. My mom, unfortunately, had to go to hospice a few weeks before she passed. Even then, the owner came by to check on my mother numerous times. Thanks to Calco's, my mother was able to live comfortably and was well taken care of during her last year on this earth.

Family type elder care

Calco's is an intimate, family type assisted living facility. The owner is hands on ensuring all workers and residents recieve the best treatment. Patients are treated like family and have personal attention from the owner and staff daily. All staff are highly trained, medically certified assistants. There are many comforting activities for residents to engage in. They can go for a short walk, play games, enjoy soft music or television, read, talk, enjoy the sounds of nature on the patio etc. The one thing I found impressive is that no one is ever isolated unless they want to spend time alone. The residents often can be found together with the manager, just like a family. This place is kept in immaculate condition and everyone has their own room and privacy. The prices are affordable. Calco's is the leader in elder care.

great review

My mom was at Calco's Assisted Living and I find it was very clean and loving and well kept environment. the staff was very caring as well, and welcomed us as family. My mom loved her home cooked meals. And also loved her own private room. Every time I came unannounced my mother was very happy. [Removed] has a sign as you enter in the living room that says, "it's never too late to live happily ever after" and i believe that Calco's provides that. I would recommend this facility to anyone that's looking for a home away from home.

Personal care for each resident in a homey atmosphere

My mother has been a resident of Calco for a little over two years. The country setting and ranch style home, with it's old fashioned country porch caught my mother's eye and reminder her of "home." The staff is friendly, as well as, professional. The facility is always neat and clean. I have visited various times of the day or evening and found the clients happily enjoying each others' company in the public area or in their own rooms for a snooze as they desire! The owner is a hands on worker and involved with the daily care of the clients. The limited number residents I see as a plus because I am assured each client receives personal attention and care. I have always found the clients clean, happy, and well cared for during each visit. In short, I am glad to have found this facility for my mother.

Pleased Family

When our family required care for my father, we were thrilled to find Calco's could accommodate my father's needs. He has been a resident for nearly two years and we are frequent visitors to the home. The quaint country setting is beautiful and peaceful. When you walk in the door the first thing you notice is how clean and neat everything is kept. My father enjoys the homemade meals and family atmosphere. No matter when I have dropped into the home, I have found all residents to be clean and well cared for. The owner, [Removed], is a joy to work with and is willing to help families as well as residents whenever and however assistance is required. We are blessed to have found this beautiful gem on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

Just question your loved one

Mom was there for short while. Upon cleaning out her belongings after her passing, I found several notes on how horrible she felt here. With dementia and her weakened reasoning, I was not sure of the meaning of the writings. Mom was sometimes very alert others not. A friendly smile when someone visits, but maybe it was different when it was just staff.

Horrible assisted living

Please, please do not put your loved one here! My mother spent the last year plus of her life here. On more than one occasion she had dried fecal matter in her nails, clothes and bedding! Only one full bathroom for all of the residents and that was NOT clean. I am doing this in honor of my mother in hopes of keeping anyone, at the very least one person from being put here! Please.

I have also written a complaint to Adult Protective Services

our short stay at Calco's Assisted Living

thank you for your follow up, unfortunately my mohter was not able to stay at Calco's Assited Living due to her acute sundowners and has recently passed away with complication due to a fracture hip and mult admissions to the hospital. My experience with Calco's is limited but I found the manager and home to be a comfortable and carrying home, I only wish my mother could have stayed. Ms Cooper is one of the kindest women I have ever met, her realtionship with the residents is so wonderful, the home was clean, organized and loving. The location was perfect for us but it is alittle out of the way, but the quietness and the view of the woods, the front and back porches with rockers is a great place for conversation and calmness. I would recommend this facilty to friends and family.