Riverside Inn at Fossil Creek - Fort Worth, TX

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and the staff was nice and helpful. They answered all of my questions. I was impressed with this community. The rooms were spacious and they had 24/7 nursing care and level 2 wound care. They didn't offer christian activities here. And it was furnished and we were looking for that. We just chose another place. I would recommend families to tour this before making a decision.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for touring and recommending Riverside Inn at Fossil Creek Memory Care Community. I will send your nice and helpful comments to our teams. We do provide 24/7 nursing care, and we appreciate your kind review. We hope you found the perfect place for your loved one. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Lucy, our Executive Director.

Not a bad facility, but not for us

I toured this facility and it was good. The cleanliness seemed fine, but there was a little bit of an odor. There wasn’t a lot of activity going on either and when we walked in the residents were just sitting around. Though, it was almost time for them to sit down to eat so that might’ve been why. We heard one of the caregivers yelling at one of the residents in the dining room and that ultimately just put a bad taste in our mouth. However, the person that gave us the tour was from corporate and they seemed knowledgeable about the facility.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for touring and writing about Riverside Inn at Fossil Creek Memory Care Community. We hope you find the perfect place for your loved one and will follow up with your concerns. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Lucy, our Executive Director.

Overall It's Great

My dad is getting the care he needs and the staff are doing a good job, we have no problems. They have some activities and interaction for the residents. I am not thrilled with the meals, it does not meet his diabetic needs. They do not cater to people with diabetes and special diet needs. I had a meeting about the issues and it was decided to give him insulin instead. After we agreed the nurse had a fit when we let him have coffee and a doughnut. According to them they do not have anybody with diabetic meal needs.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for writing a review for Riverside Inn at Fossil Creek Memory Care Community. We are glad your dad is getting the care he needs and that the staff is doing a good job. I am sorry the meals are not ideal, but we depend on our nurses to offer guidance in the care of each resident. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Lucy, our Executive Director.

Husband Is In Good Hands In This Facility

Everything is working out very well for my husband since his move to this facility. The Staff is taking great care of his needs, and have been very kind to the both of us whenever I visit. Refreshingly, they consistently do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. The meals look good, and hubby said they taste great. The Activities Director is fun and seems to make good contact with the residents. I am pleased with all they are doing for us. This is a lovely community, and I would recommend it.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for writing and recommending Riverside Inn at Fossil Creek Memory Care Community. We are happy to read that your husband’s move is working out very well. I will forward your great compliments to our staff. Our meals do taste great, and we appreciate the feedback. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Lucy, our Executive Director.

Wonderful care facility.

The staff at Riverside Inn are fabulous! They have provided support for my family by encouraging us, providing advice, and caring for my dad with dignity. Anyone needing dementia care services would be lucky to find an opening at Riverside for their loved one. I would like to see a monthly posting of their activities so I can compare what dad tells me to what they are doing.

Koelsch Senior Communities

PDW, thank you for writing and recommending Riverside Inn at Fossil Creek Memory Care Community. I will follow up with our Director of Activities on the monthly calendar request. We will pass along your ‘fabulous!' compliments to our teams. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Lucy our Executive Director.

Outstanding Care

We are very happy with the care at this clean community. The food is very appealing and a good variety to choose from. the staff is always nice and caring to the needs of the residents. The have a great list of activities available. We have recommended this community to other families.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for providing this review and recommending Riverside Inn at Fossil Creek Memory Care Community. We will pass along your kind words to our teams, and ensure our Director of Dining Services is acknowledged for the variety of appealing food offerings. Our Director of Activities strives to accommodate all of our residents, and we are glad that you noticed. If we can be of any further assistance, please contact the Executive Director.

Overall I am very happy with the Facility.

Overall I am very happy with the Facility. However, I don't know much about the activities they provide.

I thought it was very nice and comfortable feeling.

I like it from the beginning, like every place there are little things that go wrong. But overall it's really nice. We haven't had any complaints or issues really come up at all. I thought it was very nice and comfortable feeling.

Dad and Day Stay

My dad is going there 20 hours a week for adult day stay. He thinks he is going to work. The staff is always welcoming and friendly. Dad has been resistant but loves this place.

My Mom's New Home

We moved my mother into this home a month ago. The staff has been very caring. The one thing that always bothered me about visiting elderly care facilities was the smell. Riverside Inn always smells fresh and clean. That shows me that they take care of their residents and their surroundings. My mom says she likes it there and appears to be very happy. It was such a difficult decision to move my mom into a facility, but we feel we made the right choice in Riverside Inn at Fossil Creek.

They have been outstanding.

They have been outstanding. We are very happy with them. The food is even good. It's healthy, and the portions are appropriate. My dad seems to be really well adjusted. Gail Snider, the onsite director has been phenomenal. We have had a really great experience.

Loved this facility. Gail's willingness to share her personal experiences were very helpful. Beautiful peaceful clean home for seniors with memory care needs.

It's been excellent, I'm very happy with how it's going.

It's been excellent, I'm very happy with how it's going. the staff is very attentive and caring. I haven't had any complaints about food. She is happy there. They have transportation to doctors. The location was good, the price was competitive. They have made an effort to go above and beyond.

staff is very attentive

The staff is very attentive. No matter how many questions I have, it never seems to be a bother. They are very caring and right on top of things. I do think they could do some better things with the activities and change it up a bit. I do think they might consider looking into the food that they are preparing. They do have their own chef, but the elderly are often used to simple comfort food. The food is also not always brought out hot when it should be. That said, the place is very clean, and staff is incredibly friendly, and we are very well pleased. I understand that they are new and some of these kinks will likely be worked out over time.

Riverside Inn at Fossil Creek Memory Care Community is a Koelsch Senior Community, exclusively designed for residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Selecting a home for your loved one with memory loss is one the most important decisions you and your family will ever make.

At Riverside Inn at Fossil Creek Memory Care Community we form a supportive partnership with each family to provide the level of care, compassion, and attention your loved one deserves. To facilitate this, we ask for guidance from family members regarding your loved ones needs and personal preferences. We also invite families to bring personal furnishings and items to create a familiar atmosphere for your loved one.

Our 24 hour on-site licensed nurses provide nursing services whether it’s in the middle of the night or on weekends. While some communities utilize nursing assistants or trained-on-the-job med-techs, we have Licensed Nurses providing medication and treatment management. Nurses are on-site 24 hours to make key decisions in emergency situations and recognize changes in a resident's condition.

With local partnerships additional services include therapists, audiologists, and Hospice supporting residents through end of life, podiatrist, and others.

Activities are offered 7 days a week that provide mental stimulation, and socialization into everyday life. Therapeutic arts, and crafts, cooking, bible study, exercise, reminiscing, music, and pet therapy are just a few. We encourage families to engage in our activity programs with their loved one. We concentrate on the activities each resident can do rather than those they can no longer perform.

Our Respite (short stay) or Care by the Hour Programs allow family caregivers time away for personal appointments or vacations. Respite Care may also be helpful for medication management, temporary supportive care, and to introduce the services and amenities offered at Riverside Inn.

Koelsch Senior Communities has been serving seniors for over 50 years with the simple philosophy: “Treat each resident with the respect they deserve and the special attention they need.”