Avalon Memory Care - Keller - Keller, TX

Avalon offers personalized care and services with a loving, people-oriented staff in our elegantly furnished homes located in single family residential neighborhoods throughout the Metroplex. Our residents feel at home in the comfort and convenience of a caring and nurturing environment. We offer greater independence, privacy, choices, and individuality than any other modem of care, and we really do enhance an individual’s self-esteem and dignity. We often gain control over incontinence difficulties and a higher quality of life is achieved. We eliminate the need for traditional institutional nursing home care. Our homes are designed to help residents live full, enriched, and comfortable lives with the assistance of our trained staff 24 hours a day.

Father in Good Hands

My father is doing okay since his move to this community. He is still adjusting, however I do feel comfortable with his move to this community. He is safe, and in good hands overall. They have a good staff, and they are taking good care of him, and his needs. The community is well-kept, they do a good job with the cleanliness. The experience is going well, and this is a community I would recommend.

Jon Seib

Thank you for your recommendation to the folk out there perusing this third party website of the great care that we provide at our Keller location. I am sorry that the transition is a little more difficult for your father but I would imagine even at the time of me writing this response that he is doing much better now considering. I wish you and your family the very best.

Good care and comfort

This is an excellent community with outstanding care. I like the menu for my mom. The staff is working to make sure she gets the meals that are needed for her special care. The community is clean with a nice environment. They offer her a lot of good activities. We could recommend this community for the nice value and care. I like knowing that they have the care that is needed now and in the future.

Jon Seib

With our smaller home like environments we can customize the care plan to meet the needs of every single resident. Thank you for sharing with the reader your comfort level with Avalon as relates to your mother's care. In January 2018 we will have provided care for individuals afflicted with a short term memory loss for 23 years when my father started this company. Our multi-year staff members are what make the difference I believe. Take Care.

Mom's Perfect Home - Avalon Memory Care in Keller, TX

A couple of years ago, our mom began showing signs of dementia and was scared to live alone in her home. Because my siblings and I work full-time, it was necessary that she move into an assisted living facility. However, as her illness progressed, the facility could no longer meet her needs. She was extremely unhappy and felt angry most of the time because she was told to stay in her room in the evenings and not bother the other residents. She was experiencing “sundowners” and needed to roam during the evening. We even paid private sitters to sit with her in the evenings, so she would not be a problem for the facility. I received calls daily from their staff saying they needed me or her sitter to come up and help because Mom would not stay in her room. It was heartbreaking to see our mom feeling so sad and worthless.

My sister and I set out to find a place that could meet our mom’s needs and make her feel special again. We wanted a place that understood dementia and could help our mom and our family through this difficult journey. After visiting several facilities in the metroplex, we chose Avalon Memory Care in Keller. We were immediately impressed with their professionalism, patient-staff ratio, level of knowledge about dementia/Alzheimer’s, and the love the staff had for their residents. We witnessed this all in our initial visit. We were sold and moved our mom in within a week.

Avalon has truly been a blessing for our mom and our family. After about a week, we saw dramatic changes in her behavior and mood. The director and staff are amazing! They are highly skilled in working with dementia residents and truly have a passion and calling for what they do. Their attentive, caring, and loving spirits shine through and are easily picked up by their residents who know they are valued. Our mom no longer had to remain in her room in the evenings. She is encouraged to be out with the others in this home-like environment.

We just celebrated our mom’s 88th birthday at Avalon! They prepared mom’s favorite meal, and we brought cake and ice cream for all the residents and staff to share. Our mom had such a delightful time interacting with staff and other residents. Our mom is so content and happy! We are so appreciative and thankful for Avalon, and for the founder who had the compassion to provide such a positive environment for those going through dementia.

Sincerely,
[Removed]

Jon Seib

I cannot begin to thank you enough for expressing your thoughts via this forum so that others that are in a similar situation are aware of the quality of care that is provided in our smaller home-like environments. We are so blessed to have such tenured staff really at all of our 31 locations across Texas into Missouri. Happy 88th birthday to your mother!!!!

Thank you Avalon!

My father spent his last two months at Avalon. Irene got the hospital psychiatric unit to release him even though he was being combative. He had so many physical needs in addition to his mental care, that even the hospital couldn't take care of him. She went to bat for us from the very beginning.
Once he was to Avalon, then they began to care for him and to help us to understand what was going on with him. The doctors had been little to no help and we were all floundering. When we first began to visit him, he was so agitated that he even began to hit himself in the head. This change in behavior was totally out of character for him and had come on suddenly. My whole family left that first visit in tears. [Re moved] talked to us and explained all about vascular dementia, and other possible things we were seeing. She then guided us through how to interact with him so it was less stressful for him and us. We learned just go with where ever his mind happened to be that day and enjoy whatever phase of his life he was reliving. We learned to try to redirect him if he was agitated and just go with it if he wasn't. All the staff was wonderful and caring. They were quick to give hugs when days were particularly hard. Dad, who had always been the consummate Papaw, began to view the girls there as his girls. He would tease with them like his did with his grandkids. They cared for him and for us in the hardest stretch of our lives. The last several days before his death, they let our family be there as if we were at home. They were there for support but never in the way of our last special hours with my dad.
Avalon is like a home, not a nursing home. They seem to truly love the people they take care of in a very difficult time of their lives.

Jon Seib

I cannot begin to thank you for sharing your experience in this forum. Our staff is absolutely amazing out there in Keller off of Rufe Snow. My father who started Avalon back in 1995 would have been so happy to have read this review had he not passed this February at age 77. It is nice to know that we are continuing his wonderful legacy. Again, I cannot thank you enough for leaving this review.

Great care at Avalon Memory in Keller

Dad has been in Avalon a little over two months. He seems to be happy . All employees are very attentive, out going and are exceptional in caring for people with memory problems. [Removed] is committed to insuring all residents receive the best care possible. Dad is very happy with meals. They do not permit patients to remain in their room, but strive to get them involved in all activities.

Jon Seib

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review Ms. Walker. Our staff in Keller is amazing. I am glad that your father is doing well in this smaller secure home-like environment with our multi year staff members. Let me know if we can do anything else or if you have any questions or concerns throughout this journey.

Good Tour, I was Impressed

My tour of this community went very well, and I enjoyed it. The community is nice looking, and from what I saw everything looked nice and clean. The staff I was friendly and informative. They answered all my questions. It was a lovely experience, and I was impressed with my tour.

Jon Seib

Appreciate the review of the tour that you had at our Keller location off of Rufe Snow. We have such amazing long tenured staff here as well as our other locations throughout the State into Missouri. As I cannot tell whether or not your loved one moved in with us from this site, I hope all is well and if we can be of any assistance in the future just let us know.

Very Caring Community

We had a good experience during my loved one stay here at this community. They provided him with great care. He moved here to recover after rehab. He improved very much in just the three weeks he was here. The community is very well maintained. Everybody was very caring and attentive. I would recommend this community for anybody that needs this type of care.

Jon Seib

Appreciate the review and allowing Avalon Memory Care the opportunity to care for your loved one. If we can be of any assistance in the future we would love to be.

Over the Top Staff!!

My grandmother has been at Avalon in Keller for 3 months now. My whole family could not be more pleased with the care she is receiving there! Most importantly, she nows calls Avalon her home. [Removed], the director, is top notch. She is an expert at caring for people suffering from Alzheimer's & dementia. Her heart for people is evident In what she does & her humor makes it fun to be there. The facility is very clean & fresh smelling. The staff are attentive and friendly. I've eaten there twice & the food is excellent! We checked out several places in the Keller & Southlake area before choosing Avalon. We are happy with our decision & I highly recommended Avalon in Keller.

Jon Seib

Thank you so much for leaving this review. Our Director has been with us for 18 years now and certainly knows the non-confrontational approach as relates to the folk we assist with memory care needs. Her humor, wit, and knowledge flow through the whole home allowing for Avalon to be a positive environment for staff, residents, and families. Take Care.

Great Staff Ratio, Care & Meals

We chose Avalon Memory Care in Keller mainly because it is a smaller facility, and the staff to resident ratio is the best I've seen at any facility anywhere. When I first met with the director, Irene, I was very impressed with her experience and care for the residents. When we explained the needs of our family member, she immediately told us what her plan of care would be to help him.
Our family member has been at Avalon for over one month and we couldn't be happier. While nothing will change the fact that he is in the end stages of Alzheimer's, right now his appetite has vastly improved, he hasn't had any falls, he doesn't resist being bathed, and he just seems so much more content than I've ever seen him.
My advice to any family looking for quality memory care; ask what the staffing ratio is during the day and night. The state of Texas allows one staff per 16 residents and you definitely don't want a place that only meets the minimum because eventually you'll have to hire a sitter to maintain safety of your loved one.

Jon Seib

I apologize for the delayed response to your review. There was a glitch that occurred on this site that just brought it to my attention. Our Director is amazing as well as our staff at this location that is one of 31 that we have across the State into Missouri. When my father started Avalon Memory Care 22 years ago it was based upon the belief that smaller is better as relates to those afflicted with a short term memory loss. Thank you for entrusting your most precious loved one to our care. It means a lot to receive your review.

I would do it again in a heartbeat

I placed my mother into Avalon Memory Care after she has suffered 2 hip replacements in 3 weeks. My mother STILL doesn't know she broke her hip, that's how she broke it the second time. Avalon personnel are incredibly attentive! They provide my mother 24 hour personal care when needed, and they know EXACTLY how to care for, and interact with, a full dementia patient. My mom is so happy at Avalon, and they are caring for her body and mind. This was EXACTLY what she needed. She is connecting with the caregivers, and they are also very good to us, her family.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Jon Seib

Thank you so much for this review of our newest location here in the Metroplex off of Rufe Snow. Irene, our Director, who has been with Avalon for around 18 years now as well as our other multi-year team members are so caring and compassionate. Our non-confrontational approach coupled with such a beautiful surrounding truly does allow our residents the ability to have the best quality of life imaginable under their circumstances. Please let us know how we can be of assistance in the future as we go through this journey together. Take Care.

I really liked Avalon for its smaller size and the family environment. I liked that they focus on the individual resident for care and activities.
I really liked the showers in the rooms.

Jon Seib

Smallness is pivotal, we have believe for 22 years now, in the quality of life of our residents. This Keller location has a maximum of 20 - 24 residents with a 1:5 ratio in this secure environment licensed by the State. We really get to know our residents and family members during this journey. Thank you for leaving this review.

Peace of mind

My father has been at Avalon in Keller for two months now and I could not imagine him being anywhere else. Irene and her staff are OUTSTANDING!!! They have taken the time to get know him which was very important for me and for him. It was always so difficult to leave him when he was at other facilities because I knew he was not getting the care and attention that he needed. Now, he is actually thriving at Avalon in Keller and is happier than I thought possible under these circumstances. Thank you to Irene and her staff for providing me, my family, and those that care about my dad with the peace of mind that we desperately needed. I highly recommend Avalon in Keller!!!

Jon Seib

Thank you for leaving this review at our newest location in the D/FW Metroplex. Although this is a newly constructed location it is our Director Irene who has been with us around 16 years as well as our other multi-year employees that truly make the difference. Our staff training as relates to a non-confrontational approach allows our residents to have the best quality of life possible. Thank you for your recommendation to other families that may be in need of our services. Take Care!

Jon Seib

I was just answering another review on this site of one of our other locations that had the same words: Peace of Mind. These are the words that are so important to us as relates to our family members. Irene and the crew in Keller are exceptional. This is our newest location that we built that is absolutely gorgeous but at the end of the day it is our staff that make the difference. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review.

Great Caregiving at Avslon!

Avalon does a very good job taking care of my dad. The fact that they specialize in memory care is a real plus. They are very professional and experienced. Property director, Irene Canales is a gem!

Jon Seib

Thank you for leaving our first review of our newest location in the Metroplex. Irene is an absolute Godsend that has been with us for 15 or 16 years! We hope that we can continue to customize your father's care to become five stars in your eyes. Take Care.