RIVER OAKS - Port Royal, SC

Not impressed

I was not impressed with this community at all. They are working on remodeling some of the areas but as for the memory care Unit, it is old, drab and dark not appealing at all. Even the courtyard is unkempt, This was just not the best atmosphere for my mother,

The atmospher just was right

We had a nice tour of this community. Everything went well for the most part. From what we saw the community looked nice, there were some nice amenities but it wasn't the right atmosphere for my mother.

This newly renovated facility was beautifully decorated like a luxury hotel. But there were no residents in the newly decorated common area and it didn't appear to be used much. So it was difficult to judge how happy residents are in this environment.

Need to do better!

The staff has not being doing such a good job. The nurses are not making sure that my parents get there medication on time. Also they are not making sure that when they run low on the medication they don't send it in. The food is okay they could use a variety.

We liked that they offered different levels of care.

We looked here when we were touring, and we liked that they offered different levels of care. This did seem to be for more independent people though. They also didn't have a refrigerator or a microwave in the rooms, and that was something that we needed. Ultimately this wasn't the best fit for us.