Summit Place of Beaufort - Beaufort, SC

Disappointed in New Changes

Where do I begin! This facility use to be friendly and inviting. The main reason I moved my mom into Summit was for the Activity Director and her creative style and loving approach towards mom. Sadly, that director was moved to the memory care unit and the new Activity Director is intimidating and cold with the residents. She sits at her desk all day and the new assistant only seems to paint everyday. The activity calendar is no longer filled with fun things. The activity department is only there two Saturdays a month! Mom and others are bored! No one seems to notice how much programming has dropped off nor do they seem to care. Other facilities have activities all weekends.
Staffing is always an issue. They are always short.
They can not keep a nurse on board among with having several executive directors in the past year.
The building is dirty... carpets are filthy. Meals are certainly not five star. They are very cheap looking. I will be moving my mom out very soon. The company needs to hang on to great employees [Removed]. My mom definitely deserves better and I will find it.

Friendly staff, but not a good fit for us

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. I just didn't think this place would have been a good fit for us. The staff were all very friendly, and seemed to take good care of the residents, but the facility itself just felt worn down. Some areas had a noticeable odor and just looked a bit dirty. Another big issue for us was that there was no security or alarm on the front door, which would have been a problem since our loved one has wandering issues.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you saw Summit Place’s friendly associates providing quality care to our residents. Naturally, our community has aged since its original construction in 1999, and like all senior living communities, accidents happen thus leading to occasional odors. We applaud our housekeeping department for keeping our home clean and addressing accidents/odors when they occur.

We reserve door alarms for our award winning Memory Care community, which is a neighborhood adjacent to Assisted Living. You will be pleased to see that our Memory Care is more than just an area that is key coded and alarmed, but that its innovative programming is centered around those with progressed dementia.

We warmly welcome you to revisit Summit Place at your convenience. We will make you feel right at home.

Summit Place is wonderful!!

Summit Place is wonderful!! We are very happy with them. We toured four different places and I knew from the moment I walked in that this was the place for her. Scarlet was wonderful, from the moment you get there, she sits down and listens to you she was very attentive, and really seemed interested to learn about my mom. Of course it's clean, and the staff is friendly. Plenty of activities, and the food is good. We don't have any complaints.

Did not end up working out

I had my loved one here briefly, however I just didn't feel like it was a good fit and moved her out shortly afterwards. The community just didn't have the comfortable homey feel I was hoping for, and my loved one just did not seem happy here. They didn't seem to encourage her to leave her room at all, so she often just sat in there all day. I also noticed that often when I visited her hair would not be clean. I told them about this once, and it continued to occur after I asked them to fix it.

Nice and New

I had a nice tour when I was there. It's new but it's about a 50 minute drive from my house so it was a little to far away. I needed to find something closer.

Reputation for quality care.

The reason I chose “Summit Place” was because of their reputation for quality care. Its grounds are very pleasant with plenty of shade and nice places to go for walks. Mom hasn’t complained about the food and she seems to be adjusting well. I will happily talk to anyone about “Summit” and recommend them. They are the best that’s available in town.

Summit Place of Beaufort is an assisted living community located in beautiful, historic Beaufort, South Carolina. Situated on the banks of Battery Creek amongst majestic, moss-draped oaks, we provide assisted living, respite and Alzheimer’s care. We are the only community in Beaufort that has a secure Memory Wellness program, with staff trained in caring for residents who live with Alzheimer’s Disease and other forms of dementia.

Our commitment to delivering quality care is what sets us apart. We believe in maintaining the independence and dignity of our residents, while enhancing their quality of life through the activities, events, programs and care we provide.

Don’t you want to experience peace of mind knowing that your loved one is receiving the quality care that he or she deserves? If so, we welcome the opportunity to share more information about Summit Place with you. We also invite you to visit, so we may share our warm, friendly community with you.