Bloom at Bluffton - Bluffton, SC

Poor Care in Memory Unit

My mother was a resident in the Memory Care unit in 2016-2017. During this period she developed a severe bed sore that required her to be moved to a skilled nursing facility.

The problem with this facility is that they did not have a toileting schedule and my mother would sit for hours in a wet diaper. I even visited her and saw her diaper leaking urine.

The staff was friendly but not well trained, underpaid and overworked.

Small, nice facility

This tour did not go to well

We were not very impressed with this community or our short tour. The person giving our tour answered a few of our questions but It just was not as bright or clean and did not provide the comfortable feel we were looking for in a community for our mother.

Very Nice Community, Tour Went Well

We had a tough decision with deciding between this community, and another one. We did go with another community, but our tour of this community was great. This is a very nice community great people. The community looked great, and everything was nice, and clean. The staff was friendly, and helpful. Everyone was very kind to my family, and I. The experience went very well, this is a good community.

Community for An Older Senior

This is a nice community, but I feel it is for more of an older senior. My mother in law is doing well, but she will be moving out soon. There isn't many residents that are her age. However it is a good community overall. They have a nice staff. They do a job with the cleanliness of the community. I would recommend this community, if your loved one is an older senior.

Too far!

The tour went great. The people were very helpful and willing to show us around and answer questions. The community was clean and neat and I could not see anything wrong with the place. I just did not like that they were an hour away.

I was impressed that they had senior housing for seniors that didn't have a place to stay that were furnished and had meals to offer. I would recommend it to someone else. It's a nice, safe, clean place to stay.

I don't have anything to compare it to, but I think it's a five. My Mother-in-law is doing really well there. They do offer quite a bit of activities, she goes to the ones she wants to, like the wine and cheese party. She is loving the food and gaining weight.

Five Stars

They were fine, it was just my mother can not hear that well so she could not socialize much. I would take her to Bloom at Bluffton again if she needed respit care again, cause that is what she was there for.

Not Happy; They Take Too Long To Respond

They need more help on the main floors so when you push your button people actually come and help and not wait an hour or half an hour. They need to come within ten minutes. They just need a better staffing job. You just wait and wait and the person there gets a negative reinforcement.

More Than Friendly

There are more than friendly. They go beyond what one would reasonably expect. The staff is very outreaching, the nurses seem very confident and my sister is thriving. The building is a little old, but other than that no complaints.

Nice place, overall

Overall they've done an good job here, and they have taken good care of my loved one. The staff are very friendly, and seem to do an excellent job looking out for their residents. My only complaint is that they could be a bit clearer or communicative with families when it comes to their rules and regulations, we've had problems visiting at the "wrong time" more than once.

It was a very nice place.

This was one of the places that we toured when looking around. It was a very nice place. The residents all looked well taken care of and they had a very nice activities calendar, though they didn't have as many outside spots to sit. It was very nice though.

PLANNING AHEAD

WE JUST WENT TO BLOOM TODAY AND WAS QUITE PLEASED AND GOING BACK AGAIN TO CHECK OUT AN APT.
WE ARE LOOKING INTO SENIOR LIVING A BIT EARLY RATHER THEN WHEN "FORCED TO". WE HAVE ALWAYS PLANNED AHEAD AND IT HAS SERVED US WELL DOING SO. WE FEEL AS IF WE HAVE TIME YET BEFORE WE SELL OUR HOME AND GO IN BUT IN THIS TIME PERIOD WE CAN WAIT FOR "THE UNIT WE WANT".

THE PROPERTY IS VERY CLEAN, THE STAFF EXTREMELY FRIENDLY, THE RESIDENTS LOOK HAPPY AND CONTENT AND WE WOULD BE ABLE TO HAVE OUR SMALL DOGS.

I ADVISE ANYONE TO LOOK TOWARD TOMORROW AND CHECK OUT THESE PLACES WHILE HEALTHY AND OPEN MINDED.

I WILL BE WATCHING THIS SITE AS WE LOOK TOWARD OUR OWN FUTURE.

My Mother's care at Bloom

My mother moved into Bloom at Bluffton Feb. 2011. Having been abused at a previous facility, it was like a breath of fresh air to meet Lara, the previous director, and have a tour of this beautiful complex. She was always available and would always either call or email me immediately with any of my concerns. Less than a year ago I got a brief letter introducing the new director, Mr. Eads. I understand these matters are confidential but maybe they could have said, "Lara left for personal reasons". Nothing.
I never formally was introduced to him but when someone pointed him out I told him who I was. Only on rare occasions did I see Mr. Eads on the dementia side. On June 22, 2014, my 97 yr. old Mom passed away.
Thankfully we already had Hospice involved and they were there to help us through the process. It has been almost a month I have yet to hear from a single person at Bloom. Compassion - not at the administrative level.
Several of the caregivers stopped by and we were grateful for this and dearly love the three that were left after all the changes. The newer caregivers have a lot to learn.

It's been very good, we are happy with it.

It's been very good, we are happy with it. They are meeting our expectations, and there really isn't anything that I would complain about.

Kind and caring staff, and great care

They are very nice people here, and I think they do incredible work. In particular a gentleman I worked with named Paul was very very helpful. I know what they do here is hard, and they must deal with emergencies all the time, but they handle everything very well. The only issue I've had is one month I noticed they ordered two bottles of a medication where one should have been plenty. I asked them why they did this and never got a satisfactory answer. It wasn't an issue of extra charges on the bill or anything, I was just curious. I've also heard some complaints about the food from my loved one, however he can be picky when it comes to food. It has always looked very good to me.

Bloom at Bluffton is a vibrant assisted living and memory care establishment located on an intimate 10-acre setting in the heart of Bluffton just minutes from shopping and dining, golf courses, beaches and medical centers. Its uniquely elegant architecture, luxurious interior design, state-of-the-art amenities, personalized services, resident centered health care and warm atmosphere make it South Carolina's premier senior living community. Our residents experience the privacy of home combined with the security and convenience of assistance and a maintenance free environment. We offer affordable month-to-month rentals with no buy-in fees or long-term leases. Bloom at Bluffton is family owned and operated. The Bloom Senior Living family has been providing personalized service and superior care to seniors for nearly 50 years. Since 1965, our goal has been simple yet aspirational: to help our residents flourish. Entering a Bloom community does not mean checking your lifestyle or personality at the door. Residents continue to live life to its fullest potential, enjoying their favorite activities while discovering new ones, and blooming into their best selves through growth and discovery. Our senior campus offers a full continuum of care and is overseen by a nationally recognized team with decades of experience, both personally and professionaly, in senior care.