Regent Street - West Bloomfield Township, MI

We are in the process of seriously considering Regent. We feel it was the best fit for our mom at this time.

Avoid this Facility!

My mom has been at Regent Street for almost 7 years and we will be moving her in the next 2 weeks. The care that is being provided has been diminishing since Meridian has taken over (most noticeably over the past 1 year). They do not check on the residents or change them as often as they say they do. I have a camera in my mom's room and see first hand the [Removed]. The management is dismissive and unresponsive and many of the newer staff is belligerent. Staff as well as residents have been leaving and many of the staff members are coming from an agency on a temporary basis I believe. My mom has been left to sit in her recliner soaking wet because staff did not check on her or change her for up to 7 hours. They have forgotten to put her to bed on one occasion and didn't get her up for breakfast on another occasion. On both occasions, I had to call and let them know about the [Removed] and one occasion I even had to go to the facility at 1:30am because nobody was answering the phone. That night there was 1 person staffing the whole building. The earlier reviews are accurate and this place use to be fantastic but I would not recommend this facility to anyone unless the new company comes in and "cleans house".

Stay Away!!!

My family member was a resident. When Meridian Corporation took over the management of Regent Street the care and services diminished. Only the minimum required by the state is offered to the residents. The administrators are unresponsive and uncaring. This facility has declined dramatically with its current management.

Mom is very happy here and no longer mentions going home

Regent Street has given my mother great care and she is very happy here. She is very adamant about not joining in activities but the staff still makes an effort to encourage her to participate. The atmosphere here is wonderful and it's like walking into a hotel or Marriott. The staff checks on her often and that has been a major part of her adjustment. The location also makes it easy for family and friends to visit and it is close to where my mother's home was. I was recommended Regent Street by friends and they were right!

Mom Is Living Great

My mom has been doing good. I liked the business people better when I was touring in the beginning. The staff provide a good atmosphere for my mom. She eats great meals and lives in a clean community everyday. She has many activities to try everyday.

Clean facility, friendly staff, nice environment

Lot of great amenities!!

My favorite thing about this community was the great activity program they had available for there residents. When I had my tour I noticed how well kept the lobby and dinning room was and how clean the overall facility was. I have no complaints about my visit it was just not the right fit for my father.

Very nice place!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. I also thought the individual rooms looked very nice! However, parking was a bit difficult here. We ended up selecting another community, but this place was near the top of our list and definitely worth a look!

Would highly recommend to anyone with a loved one!

I definitely got my money's worth. Not just because of the price, but because this facility really cares about the people they're helping and making their lives better one day at a time. They exceeded expectations & unfortunately my mother was not able to go live on, but she spent her last days on earth with a smile on her face. Which is most important. With that being said, i would give it two thumbs up.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that we were able to make your mother smile! One of our goals is to make sure our residents feel as if they're part of our family. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your lives!

One of the best places

The cleanliness is excellent, the staff is also excellent, I would say that under the circumstances they're doing as well as can be expected.
What I like about it is that they not only provide care for people at one level, but if they progress to another level, they can stay in the same place without have to go somewhere else. I'm not sure this is their fault, but when my mother in law went in there, she was on oxygen and they seemed ot have a great deal of difficulty keeping oxygen tanks for her because they were switching vendors, but other than that, they have been excellent. This place and one other were far superior to any of the others my sisters in law looked at.

American House Senior Living Communities

That’s what we like to [removed] Excellent! Thank you for your glowing review of our community — we try very hard to be a step above the rest. It sounds like there were a few bumps along the way as we switched vendors for our oxygen tanks – please don’t hesitate to contact me if there are any looming issues. We’re glad you and your family enjoy it here!
Sincerely,
John Berra
Executive Director
[removed]

At American House Regent Street of West Bloomfield, the senior living lifestyle is centered in enriching activities, comfortable home-like accommodations and experienced, well-trained staff. The Regent Street community specializes in providing the right amount of assistance to encourage independence. It is a lifestyle focused on creating happiness and an atmosphere of respect. Discover the premier assisted living community in West Bloomfield - American House Regent Street.