Farmington Hills Inn - Farmington Hills, MI

Review of Farmington Hills Inn

I have resided at this facility since September 2010. I have been given the reins to indulge in my interests in gardening, etc. I have been treated very well here. I have been here 8 years

I like all the activities. [Name removed] is the best! She takes us out on all sorts of fun outings.

The people here are very cordial and helpful. They are very accommodating when it comes to food choices.

I found my father here 6 months, his sister put him here, and did not contact his kids. I have been visiting my father for the past 6 months, 2/3 times a week. I usually go in the evening after my work day. The staff have been very nice to me untill yesturday, when I learned my dad sister obtained guardianship, again without kids being contacted. Now I am not allowed in the building to see my father. In the past during my evening visits, you can never find anyone, my father's roommate will have his call light on for hours. Also, I have witnessed the employees in a [removed] smoking pot on several occasions. I don't believe this behavior goes on during the day hours, but in the evening, good luck getting help.

Farmington Hills Inn Management

We at the Farmington Hills Inn are very concerned about this anonymous post. The health, safety, and well-being of our residents is our highest priority. At the Farmington Hills Inn, our trained staff and management make themselves available to residents and their loved ones at all times. We are disappointed that the author of this post chose not to immediately direct his feelings to us, as we encourage all residents and their family to do whenever there is a question about resident care.
Farmington Hills Inn strictly adheres to established and written policies regarding employee conduct. Upon review of this post, and after a thorough investigation, we have been unable to verify the accuracy of the allegations made against our staff. Nevertheless, we will continue to closely supervise our staff to ensure that our policies and procedures are being followed and that our standards for employee workplace performance expectations are being met.

I toured here this week. Nice facility. A possible match for my mom's price range.

Very friendly and helpful. Location may be a problem for regular visits by family members.

Pleasant staff.
Some of the community rooms were dark. My mother likes bright rooms.

Very friendly staff. Everything was clean and it smelled really clean and fresh. Lots of activities for the residents.

I toured this community

I knew somebody in this community and It was pretty nice. It is where you go when you can't afford much. People are just sitting around with no stimulation. It has a strong urine smell in there. I wouldn't recommend this community.

I am very happy living here.
Many activities to choose from.

My sister Claudia found Farmington Hills in 2010, where I was in Rehab. Because of Alcohol related health issues, she had inquire around and toured Farmington Hills and concluded that Farmington Hills was better than the other places I had seen. Other than the usual complaints residents have here I got no real beef to speak of.

Have no complaints. Loves everyone here. Likes living here.

Smelly. Not an option

There were some smells that seemed not too clean in certain areas. Lighting was not very good overall. Pleasant and friendly people on the staff. Hallways and rooms seemed spacious enough. Craft and other activities available to residents.

Farmington Hills Inn Management

We are sorry that you experienced disagreeable smells. Our residents occasionally have accidents but we pride ourselves on maintaining a clean and odor-free environment. It is fantastic to hear that you found our staff both pleasant and friendly!

They were a good fit for my mom at home

The owner at HomeWell Senior Care was great in helping me find care givers that would work well with my mom and she would let them help her in her home.
They were on time and took very good care of her. My mother liked some of the care givers and others she felt they were like baby sitters. but we were able to make adjustments and found just the right ones for her. The AM care givers made sure she ate and checked her meds, helped her shower and did light housework and PM helped her get ready for bed, took the dog out and stayed until they knew she was safe in bed and asleep. We used their services for 3 months and it was terrific and we would definetly use them again and recommended them to our family and friends.

A nice visit

This looked like a nice clean community when I visited. I liked the people I met while I was there. This did seem like an active community. If this community was closer I would have chosen this community.

The staff is very knowledgeable. [Removed] took time to show me around and answer my questions. The residents look happy and well cared for. The days are filled with activities. Some rooms have sliders with small patios opening to a courtyard within the facility. This community is cost effective while still being desirable to have your loved one cared for.

On your own, but help when you need it is available. Staff is so willing to help. Food is good.

Nice place. Met a lot of friends. Food is good. Love our activities director. She keeps us busy.

Everyone is very friendly and always there to help. I love the food and there are always snacks! My room is always clean and the building is well maintained. I am very happy here! It is a tremendous facility for the cared.

People here to help with medicine. Food is good. We play a lot of games.

Clean Community

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community for my loved one. The staff where friendly and made sure to give my loved one and a detailed look at everything they had to offer. They had a nice open floor plan with wide hallways that was easy to navigate through. Overall great experience it was just not the right fit for my loved one in the end decision.

Farmington Hills Inn Review May 2017

The staff has been very friendly and helpful with Mom's transition to Farmington Hills Inn. They are attentive and have lots of services including those from: Nurse practitioners, Visiting Nurses, Physical Therapists, Dieticians , Activities director, Podiatrists, Med Techs, Housekeeping, Laundry and more!

Not The Right for Us, But Tour Was Nice

I had a nice tour of this community. The staff I met was friendly, and polite. From what I saw the community looked clean, and everything looked well maintained. This community had more of an institutional feel to it, and I knew that wasn't going to work for my mother. Overall my tour went well.

Pathetic!

I will NEVER forgive myself for not seeing through the lines of B.S. that I was fed by there "recruiting staff". But I should have ran with my father when I saw how the staff caregivers treated the residents in the memory care section. I personally saw the garbage they fed these poor folks. Not to mention my father's room. I had to bring a mattress in because the one they supplied was a piece of crap! When I turned on the lamp next to his bed the plug in popped from the the socket (fire hazard). Then the janitor had to come in to fix it AND the bed frame that was falling apart. Run as fast and far as you can from this [removed]!!!

Limited care options

I loved Farmington Hills and it was excellent! They informed us that they do not accept motorized wheelchairs because of issues in the past. When we agreed to use a regular wheelchair they let us know that my friend's care needs exceeded what they could offer.

Good Safe Community for My Mother

I'am satisfied with my mother's move to this community. She is doing well, and has adjusted well to this community. They have a very good staff here, they have been good to work with. The community is well-kept. Her room, and the facility are well maintained when I visit. Overall all is well, and this is a community I would recommend.

Decent Tour

We had a pretty decent tour of this community. From what we saw the community looked nice, and well maintained. The staff was kind, and informative. All our questions were answered. It was a pretty decent experience.

Care and attention.

We like the care from this community. The staff are very caring and attentive. She is happy with the community and it is clean and taken care of inside and out. they offer her a lot of nice actives that she is enjoying. We would recommend the care and the value of this community to others.

Need to Hire More Staff

Unfortunately I had to move my mother out of this community. It was not working out well for us at this community. This is a large community with a lot of residents. I do think they under staffed at the moment. My mother had a couple of falls, and I feel it could had been prevented if there was more staff around the facility. The staff that is here are good, but they need more.

My Thought Of The Tour

I liked this community when we visited. The people we met were nice and they did offer activities. I think they try to keep the community clean, however it did smell a little more than some others we looked at.

An Enjoyable Tour

When I met with the business people and had a tour I felt that the care, staff and cleanliness was good. I just liked the other people that I met on my other tours. This could be for another family.

Not A Pleasant Smell

I didn't care for it when I went to tour the community. My 10 year old son said it smelled. I thought it smelled like pee. I feel it would be better using Memory Care because of wander risks.

Farmington Hills Inn Management

We are terribly sorry to hear that you experienced unpleasant odors during your tour of our community. Farmington Hills Inn does serve seniors with incontinence issues and unfortunately, accidents occur from time to time. However, please be assured that our in-house housekeeping and janitorial staff works diligently to maintain a clean and odor free environment.

My aunt;s care

I am happy now that my aunt is in a good community. She likes the staff and there helpful and attentive care. She is happy with the meals and her special needs. She is not able to participate in activities but they are offered to other residents. The community is beautiful. I would recommend this care to this community.

We found the Inn to have all of the requirements we would need for Mom from a care and caregiving perspective. We did not see any residents in the beautiful atrium and living areas, but we did see some in an art class. The rooms we viewed gave us a feeling of more of institutional feel, especially the one with a shared bathroom.

Friendly Welcoming Staff!!

The staff at the Farmington Hills is very nice and accommodating. The price for this place was right, very reasonable. The proximity to myself and family was the biggest factor in our decision. The community is close by. The only thing I would like to see change is I would like to see a social worker or psychologist available to the residents, my mother has been suffering from some depression and I'm sure it would be useful for all of the residents.

Pleasant Community, My Tour Went Well

This is a nice community, my tour went pretty well. The staff was kind and friendly. From what I saw everything was nice and clean. It appeared to be well maintained, which was nice. We would had to have signed a lease in order for her to move, and I didn't feel very comfortable with that. It was good tour, this is a pleasant community.

Farmington Hills Inn Management

We are glad that you found our community pleasant and staff friendly. However, we would like to confirm that there are no signed leases at our community. Residents sign an admissions contract upon move-in, which details the services that will be provided by Farmington Hills Inn. In order to move out, we only require a 3 day written notice.

They offer activities!!

There was a slight unpleasant odor when I toured this community. The staff were nice. I did not like the layout of the rooms as they did not offer a lot of privacy. This is one reason we chose a different community.

Farmington Hills Inn Management

At Farmington Hills Inn we strive to provide a clean and odor free environment. Unfortunately, accidents do happen. We can assure you that our in-house housekeeping and janitorial staff works diligently to clean and sanitize our community.

Nice facility, although older (1980). One floor which is a plus. Assisted Living is their primary function which was a key in my search. Also, the price was much more affordable than other options reviewed. Tours with [Removed] and Aide [Removed]; plus check-in exam by nurse Karen gave me a positive feeling. Move in scheduled for [Removed].

RUN!!!!

I have already written a review of Farmington Hills inn. But I will say it again. I'm not very happy with this facility at all. My first instinct should have told me to walk away. Wish I would have listened to myself!

Farmington Hills Inn Management

Farmington Hills Inn tries very hard to work with our residents and family members. We take pride in our many positive comments, however we are very sorry that your expectations were not met.

Very knowledgeable admissions staff. Reflections Unit staff caring and very attentative

Facility looked good and staff was nice. However, most residents were in their rooms either sleeping or watching TV. I don't believe there would be enough stimulation here for my Dad who is active and social.

Only just got there

Only been there a week. Like it. Food is good. People are very friendly. They are very helpful, with occasional reminders to the staff, they get everything done for you. Rooms are nice sized. Bathrooms very roomy. Easy enough to get around the place with a wheelchair.

Just moved in

Just moved my mother in. Very welcoming. She is in the secure unit called Reflections. 33 people in there all with different stages of dementia. The move in process went fine. Wonderful young man helped us with the stuff. Office people were not present because we arrived after 5pm. My fiancé is talking with them more than I am because I live in Chicago and he lives in Livonia; I will be moving to Livonia when we marry. He raves about them and how well they do. Time will tell. First impression is good; I am a tough judge. I want the best for my mom.

Review of Farmington Hills Inn - Farmington Hills, MI

Very nice memory care community. Staff seemed attentive and caring with a lot of extra activities that the residents seemed to love.The ONLY issue I had was the smell of urine upon entering the memory care unit. However that could have been a recent accident in the dining room. The rest of the unit was clean and free of smells and was neat and clean. Residents were HAPPY and displayed bonded friendships with one another

Job well done!

I am continually amazed at what a fantastic job the staff at Farmington Hills Inn does day in and day out. My mother has been at FHI for a long time and we are both extremely pleased with FHI. Thanks so much for your dedication and thoughtfulness!

The staff is nice and helpful. My father got special attention. I saw it often, I was present often. He was there 8 months.

******* Unfortunately, the owner seems to be a time bomb that comes in a few times a week at most and apparently makes sweeping changes and comments and orders without much regard and I suspect without consulting medical staff who has been consistently present.

I feel bad for the staff and manager who have to pick up the pieces. I feel bad for the residents who wonder what happened to their neighbor, my father. I feel bad for my dad who had enough of watching the elderly disappear without a word or any closure and crossed the owners path during a sweeping visit.

****I was left to scramble for my father's care with no notice by order of the owner.
An incident like this had never happened there with him before. He's been grumpy and asked not to be bossed around and spoken up on someone's behalf..... I'm told he could be reasoned with and redirected after a short time and was never threatening or violent.

Suddenly, only with the owner in a snapshot moment he becomes dangerous and has to be evicted ...now?

After EVICTION, If the owner had contacted the family or directed someone to do so, to check on him, at all let alone within a few days to show a care, I would not have written this review.

As I packed my father's possessions I was sought in order to be told my father would be missed.....repeatedly.

Try to tell me this was solely an aggression issue with my dad.....and you'll be wrong.

If it were, the professionals would have counseled me to address medication and care changes first, right?

REPLY TO COMMUNITY November 2015:
While no one would argue this policy, the evidence is to the contrary. Clearly the decision was entirely form the owner who had less than 1 hour experience with my father. There was no consultation or warning or status. Further, the notice I (family) received was less than 1 hour and was not a discharge but 'take him for a few days.....now.....with everything he owns". We were entirely ignored afterward.
The work to complete my father's exit was mine. They were very passive. I received no direction..I had to ask all the questions.
I received no assistance nor was offered help to place my father.

admin admin

Unfortunately, there are times when residents exhibit violent behaviors and become a danger not only to themselves, but to their fellow residents and staff. It is in the best interest of everyone involved that a 24-72 hour discharge notice be placed upon any resident who's safety and well being cannot be assured and provided by Farmington Hills Inn. However, please know that upon notice of discharge, our staff works with the family/responsible party in order to find a more appropriate placement for their loved one.

Farmington Hills Inn Management

We are sorry that you feel this way. In this particular case, the decision to emergency discharge was made in an effort to protect both the resident and the community as a whole. As a state licensed facility, we are obligated to only deal with the resident's responsible party. Sometimes, with large families, there can be disagreements on who is in charge of their loved one's care. Farmington Hills Inn would never, under any circumstances, leave a resident/resident family on their own during or after discharge.

Haworth Center

My mother just entered Haworth. The experience has been surprisingly good. The staff is professional, friendly, and patient. The transition was made as easy as possible for her and the family.

Be careful

My aunt enjoyed her stay at Farmington Hills Inn. The staff was wonderful to work with. The only problem I had was when I picked her up and they gave me her medication they also gave me another residents prescriptions. I questioned it when I saw it but they said her doctor ordered it. When I got home the name on the items was not my aunts. They came and picked up the other prescriptions. I will definitely use this facility again.

Nice facility!

Seems like a really nice facility! It easily seems to be the best value out of the 4 or 5 facilities that I have seen in the area. The building is well kept and all of the staff that I encountered were helpful and friendly. I will most likely be moving my uncle into the Farmington Hills Inn.

Wouldn't recommend

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one, and Farmington Hills Inn isn't one I would recommend. It just had a very clinical, hospital like atmosphere that I didn't feel like my loved one would be comfortable with. I toured quite a few communities in the area and I feel for the price there are much better options.

extremely welcoming

They were extremely welcoming and made our transition very easy. They really made you feel like they truly understand what you are going through and care.

The only thing I can think of where they might could improve would be for their aids to have a little better understanding of dementia.

Overall though they have been great.

Great place

My mother in law has lived there for a month now and loves it. She can't get over how good the food is and really enjoys the activities. I would recommend the Farmington hills inn to anyone in need of assisted living or memory care.

This was in the budget, friendly staff but felt dark, depressing & smelled ( urine odor)

Farmington Hills Inn Management

We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience with the staff at Farmington Hills Inn. We strive to make Farmington Hills Inn a bright and pleasant place to live. Unfortunately, there are some resident's living with us who have incontinence issues. However, you can be assured that our dedicated staff works 24/7 to make Farmington Hills Inn a clean and odor free community.

please do NOT believe reviews that are good here.

AWFUL!! AWFUL!! I have visited several times over the last year. There were several incidents with people saying they hadn't eaten. A lady was sitting there with her face bleeding at lunchtime. I asked if she had seen a dr. Suddenly the help decided that Might be a good idea...and even then it was not done. Another lady said her eye was hurting (and it was bulging red) and she said the dr there said it wasn't worth fixing because of her age. And she was in Pain! She asked for them to call her son. I asked if they would call her son..... they consoled her...remember he came in yesterday. She stated that was untrue. She did Not see him. this Lady seemed to have her mind intact and I Really doubt her son came in. The fact still being.. she was in pain and they were ignoring her and they pushed aside the lady bleeding and too many residents saying they were hungry! Also they give them Nothing to do except watch tv shows that only They want to watch. I asked if they had any older shows or movies for them.. They said they don't have anything like that. Ridiculous!!! This is a Senior home!! Nothing for them to do.. Laundry piled up... It was AWFUL, stinky and VERY VERY SAD! They need to be checked on. The Arbor Inn was really bad but not This bad!!! Please DO NOT put family members here.

Farmington Hills Inn Management

Unfortunately, residents in our Alzheimer's unit have memory issues and cannot always recall certain events. Our staff is trained specifically on how to handle residents with Alzheimer's and dementia. Furthermore, we are sorry to hear that you feel like there are no activities for our residents. We have two full time activity directors who dedicate themselves to providing our residents with fun and interactive activities. Additionally, all residents have access to Netflix which contains thousands of old movies and television shows. Please make management aware of any problems in the future so that we can work with the staff to correct any issues.

This is probably the best facility that I have had contact with..

The Farmington Hills Inn is probably the best facility that I have had contact with. The staff has been great. The manager was really helpful with placing my mother there. The facility is very nice and clean. Everyone there is very friendly. They do a great job at taking care of my mother. They have numerous activities. It has been a great experience. The Farmington Hills Inn is a really nice community.

Seemed like a nice place

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, this facility was also on the larger side and I thought my loved one would be more comfortable in a smaller community.

Nice place, overall

Overall I think they do a good job at Farmington Hills Inn. The people here are friendly, and they do a good job looking out for the residents and keeping the place looking clean and well kept. My one suggestions would be that they make it a little easier to families to get in touch with them, it always feels a little disorganized when I try to contact them, in terms of getting in touch with the right person.

Farmington Hills Inn

I toured the Farmington Hills Inn and felt it would be a great fit for my mother. The staff was friendly and the residents that i spoke with seem to love it there. The building was very clean as well. The pricing is also much more affordable than other assisted living communities that i have seen so far.

Good So Far

My aunt is living there and I dont get to go up there much. From what i've talked to her its seems like a really good place. The staff is supportive and caring. The food their is okay my aunt is very picky but has some good choices. In general the facility has been pretty good.

It was a nice community.

It was a nice community. I was concerned that it may not be as secure of a facility, as I think is necessary for what my loved one is needing, though.

Farmington Hills Inn Management

Farmington Hills Inn offers both Assisted Living and Memory Care. The front of the building is our Assisted Living section, where Residents are free to come and go as they please. Our Memory Care section, known as "Reflections", is a secured unit in the back of the building for our Resident's with Alzheimer's and advanced dementia. Each Resident in "Reflections" is fitted with a "wander guard" around their ankle that will trigger an alarm when the Resident approaches the doors leading out of the unit. We feel that our "wander guard" system in addition to our 24/7 staffing provides a safe and secure environment for our Residents. Additionally, we are proud to say that the environment we have provided in our “Reflections” unit has proven effective in keeping our Resident's safe and secure since it opened in 2000.

We felt that it was really staff issues.

My mom lived here for a little over a month. We felt that it was really staff issues. It was more of a memory unit, mom didn't need it, only for the first week, after that she didn't. The staff was not responsive to issues: For instance, a gentlemen came in the room and took a shower in my loved one's room, they do it all the time. Family was there that same day and took her for coffee in another area, we are assuming the same man had used the bathroom there and feces all over the floor. She said that the staff said "it happens", my sister who is a (RN), asked to clean it up. They said they would do it Monday! The smell was unbearable, and it was not sanitized. My sister took our Mother back to her home till it was cleaned up.

Farmington Hills Inn Management

The management team at Farmington Hills Inn appreciates your concerns. We strive to make our community the best that it can possibly be, however we cannot do this if we are not made aware of the issues at hand. Unfortunately, there are times when residents in our Memory Care unit need redirection, as some of the common symptoms of Alzheimer's & dementia include confusion, impairment of judgement, and disorientation. Please trust that our staff is trained to handle these symptoms and redirect residents when necessary as well as to clean/sanitize all accidents immediately as they arise. We are terribly sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay, but please know that as management learns of any issues/concerns regarding your loved one's care, management will address those concerns without delay. Again, thank you for your review, as these reviews help us make any needed changes to ensure that Farmington Hills Inn provides the highest quality care to our residents!

It was clean, and everyone was friendly.

I toured here recently. It looked pretty good. It was clean, and everyone was friendly. I felt like this would be a good fit for my loved one. I would rate them pretty highly from what I saw.

Tour went well.

We toured here. It was nice and clean. We met a couple of people and they were all nice and friendly. The value was pretty good for the money. I didn't get to see many of the services, it was quiet when we toured. They did have an Elvis impersonator for entertainment. When we were on the tour, we spoke with another family member who told us they cared for their loved one very well.

It's a nice place I like them a lot.

It's a nice place I like them a lot. There are a few things that could maybe be better. The shower situation I think is a little sparse, they only include one shower a week, unless you want to pay extra. There is a 5 dollar charge to bring food up from the dining room. They keep things pretty clean, but they only change the bed sheets maybe twice a week, I think if they are only bathing once a week, they might need a little more in the sheet department. The side door, that is by the visitors parking lot, is always unlocked, and that doesn't feel very secure. Anyone can come in and take them out somewhere, and the community can't stop them. I did like that this was a little more upscale. I liked how the room was set up. I liked how clean it was and that there weren't just people milling about in the hallways, they have a lot of daily activities for the residents, and they take them on outings, like to the movies. They even allowed me to import our own hairdresser, and they let her use the beauty shop when she comes.

Farmington Hills Inn Management

Thank you for the constructive feedback. We offer bathing assistance to our residents on a regular schedule and as needed and also change bed linens on a regular schedule, but also as needed in between. Our care levels range from quite independent to full service assisted living, and with our variety of service plans we can accommodate residents at many levels on the care spectrum. We are proud to say our activity director has been with Farmington Hills Inn for 34 years and we have fantastic participation in our activity program. We hope you enjoyed your tour and will visit us again!

Too drastic a change. Very very assisted not enough independent.

Farmington Hills Inn Management

As you stated, we are a care focused assisted living and memory care community. We cater the the senior community that requires personal care services in a home like environment. Thank you for touring with us, and we're sorry that it was not the right fit! If you do ever need quality personal care on top of the other great benefits of a senior community, please give us a call!

Good value

My aunt lives here, and I know she enjoys the activities and the food. The facility is very clean and the staff is always very friendly helpful. My aunt always seems so happy and I'm glad to know that she's in a safe place that she loves.

Farmington Hills Inn Management

Thank you for the compliments! We are glad to know that you and your family are satisfied with our services.

good at dealing with grandma

The people at Farmington Hills Inn are very good at dealing with my grandma, which is no small task. They have been overwhelmingly friendly and have made it a pleasant experience.

The only area I can think of where I can offer a suggestion is that the first bill did not come in the mail in time and that created a small challenge, but other than that it has been a good experience.

Nice looking assisted living, would avoid the memory care

The assisted living portion of this community is very nice. They have some very spacious suite style rooms, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. I have church friends with relatives here, and they seem to do a good job taking care of everyone! However, I will say that based on what I saw I would not recommend them for memory care. When I toured the memory care portion there was a very strong odor, and there did not seem to be enough staff to watch the residents very closely.

Farmington Hills Inn Management

We appreciate your constructive criticism! We pride ourselves on keeping our community clean and bright for our residents and visitors, we have housekeepers and janitors working hard 7 days a week. We apologize if there was an odor during your visit, however if an issue like this does arise, I can assure you our housekeeping staff always responds immediately. Our memory care unit has several staff members assigned to it on every shift, and we always strive to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of our residents and families.

The Farmington Hills Inn is better th...

The Farmington Hills Inn is better than living at home! Since I work, I constantly worried about my mother, but I don't have to anymore. The staff is warm, caring and could not do enough for my mother. It is one of the cleanest facilities that I have ever seen. The food is delicious and there are always fun activities for the residents. The value for your money can't be beat. I would recommend the Farmington Hills Inn to everyone!

Farmington Hills Inn Management

Thank you! We work very hard to ensure that our residents and families receive the best possible care!

The staff at Farmington Hills Inn were all kind, thoughtful, and extremely caring and attentive to my parents needs and particular situations. Despite the sad state of body and mind they both had come to, they did very well with the care they received. I highly recommend Farmington Hills Inn to any family looking for a caring environment for their elders to reside in during their final days.

Farmington Hills Inn Management

We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your experience with us.

Very nice place!

They've done an excellent job at the Farmington Hills Inn so far. I'm very pleased with the service and I'd give them top marks across the board! The staff are extremely personable and family oriented. You can tell that everyone here takes pride in their job and in the service that they provide. They really care about making their community feel like home for the people who live there. I visited quite a few communities when I was looking into senior care and this was far and away my favorite that I saw!

Farmington Hills Inn Management

Thank you for the kind words! We are all proud of our community and happy to help our residents.

Farmington Hills Inn

My father had a horrible experience there! If we would have kept him there longer, we know he would have [removed]. He was [removed] from, not given his diabetic meds on a consistent bases, we found mounds of urine soaked laundry in his closet when we were moving him out( mind you we were paying for incontinence care). It was a true nightmare! Please for the sake of tour loved one, stay clear of Farmington Hills Inn.

Farmington Hills Inn Management

We are sorry that you had this difficult experience. Our care programs have proven extremely effective based on the feedback that we have received from many families and residents during our 35+ years of operation. We apologize for your negative experience and would encourage you to give us a call if you would like to discuss your issues in more detail.

Great looking community

I toured this facility when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I was very impressed by what I saw here! I toured quite a few communities in the area, and this would have been my first choice! Unfortunately the level of care was not quite high enough to handle my loved ones needs. It is a clean, well kept facility, and the staff were all very friendly and professional.

Farmington Hills Inn Management

We appreciate your compliments. Unfortunately, we are not able to assist every single senior in need. While we do offer a wide spectrum of care, some individuals do require full fledged skilled nursing. Thank you for the feedback.

Nice place

Overall I think they do a good job at the Farmington Hills Inn. It's a clean, nice looking community, and they provide a good amount of activities and amenities for their residents. The staff are all exceptionally friendly, and are all very helpful and professional.

Farmington Hills Inn Management

Thank you. I hope we have been able to assist you in your search for assisted living.

This facility was more what...

This facility was more what mom would need. However, it was an older facility and the rooms were very small.

Farmington Hills Inn Management

We have several different room styles to choose from, including our new one bedroom suite, which offers twice as much space as our standard studio. We would love to have you back for a visit to take a look at our new features!

Wonderful place!

Our experience with Farmington Hills Inn has been WONDERFUL! There isn't anything about the community that hasn't been absolutely phenomenal. The facility is all one floor, and it is small and easy to navigate. My loved one's studio apartment is lovely, and overlooks a beautiful manicured courtyard, bird feeders, etc.
And I feel like the activities have given her her life back! They're unbelievable! It was a big change for her moving here, and the activities director, Deedee, really helped to make sure Mom adjusted well and really helped Mom get involved.
The care is also very good! She fell at one point, and they responded immediately to the emergency pull cord, and also contacted me to let me know.
This place worked out better than I could have hoped, and I would recommend it to anyone!

Small and pleasant facility...

Small and pleasant facility. Clean and neat, staff that we met were friendly and helpful.

Drive by and never look back

This place is horrible... [Removed] is not a great nurse she puts all her work off on the caregivers.... All she do is sit in her office and tell all of her problems to any and everybody that will listen instead of directing her concerns to the residents.. [Removed] is nothing but a broke down snob that where's the same outfit every other day and looks down on ppl like..... She so much better than everybody..... [Removed] I dnt know where to begin with her if that cleaning I can only imagine what her home looks like.... My mothers room was nasty I complained several times but nothing never happened so I guess they all live in filth..... Night time care is worse..... I caught [Removed] sleep in a resident room you can see it all in her face that she was sleeping this is by far the worst assisting living... I

I have high hopes!

The food is good, and they have a banquet chef, and it's fresh. They have options if you don't like what they are serving. They have activities on their board scheduled everyday that he can choose from. They have a library. It's a lot less expensive than where we were before. It's much bigger and they have a memory care unit. They are privately owned, not owned by a corporation. Everybody was out and about when I visited, playing cards or chatting with each other.

Okay but not great.

When I called and visited the staff was very friendly and the residents I spoke to said that they had no real complaints.
I visited on a weekday and saw a fair amount of staff coming and going as well as some one leading activities in the activity room.
After my father moved in I was in and out at different times and days of the week. I found very light staffing after 7:00 PM, and at times it was difficult to find anyone. I also learned that the activities were being lead by a volunteer not a staff member so they could be hit or miss.
The building is older and shows wear but it is kept fairly clean. The furniture looks to be pretty inexpensive and the beds are more like you would find at a summer camp than the type you would have in your home

The decor is acceptable but outdated....

The decor is acceptable but outdated. Residents seem friendly. Room size is average. Some of the employees need to remember where they are there at the facility. It seems that the Inn needs to have a few more employees for the residents needs. They seem to have a problem with call in's. The food is acceptable. With only one time for meals, it would be nice if there was some flexibility in the meal times.

I visited Farmington Hills Inn, and d...

I visited Farmington Hills Inn, and didn't know what to expect. I have toured several places in the area for my mother who now needs care for alzheimer's. The staff was friendly, not the type of fake friendly you find at department stores at the mall, the place looked and smelled clean.

The only thing I can say on the downside is the slightly dated early 90's look.

Grandma

My grandma lived in their assisted living and memory care. They helped her get on hospice when she got ill and her Alzheimer's worsened. Their staff was very friendly and helpful, and the nurse was knowledgeable and extremely accommodating as grandma got more ill. They had a lot of music activities, and she had the opportunity to dance with the other residents and the staff. I would recommend the Inn again if someone is looking for assisted living or alzheimer's care.

Grandma

My grandma lived here in their assisted living and memory care. Workers were very friendly and accommodating. They helped us get hospice care when she needed it and she got very good care during her stay. Nurse was very knowledgeable and helpful after grandma became ill and her Alzheimer's became aggressive.. She loved the music activities, and she got to dance with staff and other residents.

Horrible care

They're very apathetic, they talk a good game, they're nice but I think word and deed go hand in hand. He had a fall every week he was here, one day I came in to see my dad and his body was in an oncorrect position, he was curled up, wet and there were no sheets on the bed. I will never forgive myself for putting my dad here. I'm pained and I can't help my wonder if my dad falling and hitting his head so many times contributed to rapid decline. I had numerous conferences there, I even had a case manager who was a geriatric nurse to help me with my dad so she could speak to them clinitian to clinitian and still we got nowhere. I ask myself why I put him there, they are not equipped, especially for someone who requires memory care; they even told me he fell because they're short staffed. They assured me mutliple times that they would be able to care for him but why would you say you could when you can't?

Farmington Hills Inn Management

We are very sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience. Farmington Hills Inn prides itself in providing quality care to all of our residents, and we assure you that in our thirty three years of operation we have had hundreds of glowing written reviews from satisfied residents and families.

Smells like urine

They were remodling and everything but it had that nursing home smell. I did like the fact that the memory care was lock down and they had better alarming systems but you walked in and it smelled like a nursing home, that urine smell.

Odor

Odor

wear a ankle braclet??? No

wear a ankle braclet??? No

Not very attractive, all fu...

Not very attractive, all furnished, no personal furniture. I don't think this would be stimulating enough for B. Activities are mostly board games. Did not see a 2 bedroom listed.

Lots of activities. Staff seems flexi...

Lots of activities. Staff seems flexible & accomodating. Many services provided on site.

Very nice. Too large for what we are...

Very nice. Too large for what we are looking for.

Nice enough, but I didn't feel there ...

Nice enough, but I didn't feel there was enough activity there.

Director was terrific, even though sh...

Director was terrific, even though she wasn't feeling well. The facility has the feel of a slightly run-down nursing home, even though they've tried to decorate nicely.

This is a very nice property and we w...

This is a very nice property and we will place it 2nd on our list.

Nice ! Help w meds,dressing,library, ...

Nice ! Help w meds,dressing,library, hairdresser !! Reflection unit for memory visiting Doctors including foot doctor!!

Farmington Hills Inn Management

The great features don't stop there! We also have a billiard room, 7 day a week activity schedule, visiting primary care, dental, podiatry, resident TV room and more!

everything included $2800 for single ...

everything included $2800 for single w/patio, $1750 for roommate, furniture provided, nice decor,lots of activities,dementia unit smelled.

Tour guide was awesome, knowledgeable...

Tour guide was awesome, knowledgeable, personable, loves her job. Home is well-established, privately owned, but in need of a face-lift. Felt "old". Offered all the right stuff but seemed "institutional".

Farmington Hills Inn Management

Thank you for your input. Since this review was made in 2012, we have completed many improvements to our community, including a total remodel of our Reflections Unit and a total renovation of our resident family room. We would love to have you back to see what new features we have to offer.

Might be a good place...more people, ...

Might be a good place...more people, older facility, nurse on staff 2850/month

Farmington Hills Inn offers affordable Assisted Living in a warm, pleasant and safe environment. We also have a 33 bed “Reflections Unit” which provides specialized services for individuals with Alzheimer’s Disease, Dementia and other Memory loss disorders.

Our professional staff includes a licensed nurse and trained caregivers around the clock. Someone is always ready to help with a bath or shower, assist with dressing, getting to meals and checking on residents throughout the night. Any medication that is needed is administered according to doctor’s orders using a carefully designed system that ensures absolute accuracy in dispensing. Our visiting physicians specialize in geriatric medicine, psychiatry, podiatry, and best of all they come right to resident rooms. No need to go outside to an office

ALL OF THIS AND MORE AND SO VERY AFFORDABLE!

Farmington Hills Inn is fully licensed by the State of Michigan and includes all the basic services in the monthly rate.

Farmington Hills, Michigan is a big city with small-town charm. This diverse community is home to more than 80,000 residents. The Oakland County city features prize-winning recreation programs, police, fire and public service. Ranked as one of the safest cities to live, Farmington Hills is a good place to spend your retirement years.

City information

Farmington Hills is a community within the city of Farmington.

- Walkability score: 40. Most areas require transportation.
- Percentage of Senior Citizens: About 33 percent of this community is age 55 or older.
- Average Temperature: 82 degrees high in July, 17 degrees low in January.
- Average Rainfall: 33 inches per year
- Average Snowfall: 37 inches per year.

Transportation

Finding transportation in Farmington Hills is not hard with several airports nearby and regularly scheduled bus stops along the main roads.

- Buses: Farmington and Farmington Hills Dial-A-Ride bus service can be scheduled on the same day and operates within the city limits. Public transportation buses run along the main thoroughfares thanks to SMART (Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation)

- Air Travel: Detroit Metropolitan Airport and Oakland County International Airport are both 30 minutes

- Train Travel: Ann Arbor Station, Birmingham and Dearborn stations are all less than 30 minutes away.

Health and Safety

Seniors often prefer to be close to health care facilities. Beaumont Hospital is a 330-bed facility in Farmington Hills.

Sports and leisure

Farmington Hills is home to many parks and annual events.

- Parks: Farmington Hills Heritage Park, Harmon Oaks Park, and Woodland Hills Park offers a primitive walking nature trail.

- Golf courses: Farmington Hills Golf Club offers golf lessons and leagues, Glenn Oaks Golf Course

- Gyms and activity centers: Costick Activities Center offers an Adults 50 and Better program that hosts daily events, monthly activities, travel programs and transportation for seniors. The Farmington Family YMCA also welcomes seniors.

- Annual Events and Festivals: Four Corners Storytelling Festival or The Festival of Trees at Christmastime.

Shopping and entertainment

Farmington Hills offers a diverse selection of stores and different cuisines to satisfy every taste. Stop by the library and check out a good book.

- Clothes Shopping: T.J. Maxx, The Shirt Box, Marshalls, and Home Goods

- Grocery Stores: Krogers, Dollar Tree, Whole Foods Market

- Restaurants: Subway, Wendy's, Arby's, Thai Peppers, Camelia's Mexican Grill, Hungry Howies Pizza

- Libraries: Farmington Community Library

Religious facilities

Farmington Hills is home to many places to worship for all different denominations and beliefs, including Woodside Bible Church - Farmington Hills Campus, Orchard United Methodist Church and St. Fabian Catholic Church