Sunrise at North Farmington Hills - Farmington Hills, MI

Great community

We were very impressed with this community and the staff did a fantastic job showing us around. We were sure this community was going to be the right fit for my grandmother in the assisted living. As it turned out she really didn't need the extra care just yet so we have moved them to the top of our list for when that time does come. I would highly recommend scheduling a tour so that you can see this community first hand.

Staff Very Accommodating

The staff here are very accommodating, caring and friendly. My dad is settling in well, he is taking part in the activities and enjoys going to the dining area with the other residents The community is very nice, the grounds are beautiful and there's a nice porch area for the residents to sit and visit. Plus they are Pet-friendly. I would definitely recommend a tour of this community.

Very nice facility. Good lighting, clean, attractive and very pleasant staff. Outings planned by a very nice young staff member who was enthused by her job. I was impressed.

Care for family

We toured this community for care. We did not want a community where she would be on the second floor. The menu was very appealing and they had a nice variety of activities for the residents. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Nice Staff, Tour Went Well

I had a very nice tour of this community. I toured it for my mother, and her needs. My tour went well, everyone was very kind. The community looked good. From what I saw everything was clean. The staff was nice, and courtesy. It was a pleasant experience.

Cozy atmosphere with compassionate, kind staff

They have worked wonders and bent over backwards for us. She had the flu and they walked her dog when she was ill. They typically only allow one pet per resident but she was able to bring her cat and dog.The people here are kind and compassionate.Anything that has come up, which have been small issues they have been quick to resolve. We chose Sunrise because when you walk in it is so open. There's always staff members by the entry and everything is very accessible to her from her room.The environment is very homey and we are pleased.

Nice community!!

I really enjoyed my tour of this property. All of the staff where very welcoming and liked how organized they where during our tour. The community was very well maintained and kept nice with lots of great amenities available to there residents. I just felt it was too large of a community and my husband would feel overwhelmed if he had went there.

A Really Nice Place

When i had the tour with the community I thought it was really nice but it was to high priced for my mom. The tour was well prepared and go the attention we needed, they did a real good job.

A Place out of this world!

The staff is out of this world. They kept me informed about everything that my loved one needed. My loved one likes to participate in the activities that they offer. They also give snacks throughout the day. The community is well lite and very beautiful. I would recommend this community to others.

Impressive! Clean, friendly & professional

I really can't say enough good things about Sunrise of North Farmington Hills. I recently had to change my mom's living situation, after an accident where she could no longer be in her home of 40+ years.

This is a tough transition for everyone, but they helped both my mom and me transition into her new space with grace and kindness. The level of professionalism and care has been outstanding. The place is clean and bright - and works to address all residents needs. There are daily actives and a range of options that allows for all interests.

I have to send a big thank you to Sunrise for being there at a such a critical time and making my mom's future one that is not only safe but will allow her to continue to thrive.

Great place - with some changes could be greater

The staff is friendly and shows concern about the needs of the residents. Of the four facilities I reviewed, this one has the most homelike environment which played a major role in the selection.

The facility could improve by providing more detail before/during Move-in about the operations without having to ask or finding out later (e.g., 3 different sign-in/out logs, handling of medicine administration, invoice processing (providing sample), etc.). Bottom line, there should be a structured orientation to ensure all areas are covered.

Corporation wise, the contract has errors which should be corrected.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. Please know we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more. Please email us at Information(at)SunriseSeniorLiving(dot)com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Great experience so far!

Our experience with Sunrise at North Farmington Hills has been a very good one! The staff here is friendly and professional, and they've been very accommodating in regards to my loved one's care needs. My loved one needed a hospital bed, and they were able to get that done for us. Dad also really loves that they have a jukebox and a popcorn machine!

They have been doing well. It's clean, and the staff is friendly. It's a tough transition. The one thing we don't like is that people will wander into her room. If she doesn't keep her door locked, people could walk in anytime.

Nice place, overall!

Overall I think they do a good job at Sunrise at North Farmington Hills. The staff here are very friendly and accommodating. They're always open to suggestions or requests! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they have a lot to offer the residents. The only complaint I have heard from my loved one is about the food, which she said could use work.

Sunrise of Farmington Hills

Have only had my wife at this facility for 10 days, but feel we made the right choice. Care givers are attentive, food is great. A bit pricy but worth the money. My wife has a great room and I am comfortable that she will be taken care of.

Pleasant, homey environment

We are so pleased with the whole environment at Sunrise. The staff is so friendly and not only make my mom feel at home, but also her family. They have drawn her out of her shell and gotten her involved in activities. She also has the opportunity to go out weekly for lunch or concerts. She just seems so much more content with her living arrangements than she had been at a prior Assisted Living facility - just such a relief. I would highly recommend Sunrise.

Very good care, overall

The only problem we've had here is that during meal times the response times for the in-room call buttons can be very long (Dad said he has waited up to an hour), since apparently the care staff also serve as the dining room staff. Other than that this is an outstanding community. It's well kept, clean, and the staff are very friendly and caring. They were able to take my parents in despite their differing levels of care, which was one of the main features we were interested in.

Love it! everything i woul...

Love it! everything i would want for mom but it's expensive!

Love, love, love Sunrise. This is my...

Love, love, love Sunrise. This is my first choice thus far. Besides having the skilled care and services we need, it is a beautiful building that does not look, feel, or smell like a nursing home. I also like the fact that they have a special room for residents who become agitated, and a staff member whose sold purpose is to get to know each resident thoroughly so as to plan customized care. I did get a chance to stop by there briefly today to put down a deposit. They will hold a room for two weeks while we finalize our decision.

Great place

Great place

Nice facility, not as good of locatio...

Nice facility, not as good of location, memory care seems to be nice, but not stimulating enough