Regency at Pineville - Charlotte, NC

Regency Retirement Village... Senior Living at its Best

Regency Retirement Village offers the perfect residential alternative when the little things your loved one normally took for granted start to become major obstacles in his or her daily life. At Regency, our residents find the needed assistance without giving up independence and privacy.

Regency is a graciously appointed residential community designed specially to meet the needs of seniors. With a choice of spacious studio, one bedroom, or two bedroom accomodations, residents are free to enjoy the company of others, participate in meaningful activities or simply relax and enjoy a leisurely way of life.

More on Assisted Living

Assisted living facilities are designed to respond to the individual needs of senior adults who need help with the activities of daily living, such as bathing and dressing, but do not need the skilled medical care provided by a nursing home. Assisted living care promotes maximum independence and dignity for each resident and encourages the involvement of a resident's family, neighbors and friends. It is an environment well suited for someone who is unable to live at home or who wants extra support.

Assisted living facilities also provide residents with needed social interaction that they may not receive living at home.

Assisted living facilities have become a popular housing choice for senior adults because they provide the right blend of services at a reasonable cost and offer residents the opportunity to live as independently as possible.

City Info

With a population of close to 1 million residents, Charlotte is a busy city teeming with life and activities. The weather stays partly cloudy throughout the year. However, residents can expect more dry weather than wet weather. There are also plenty of senior housing facilities and veteran's facilities in the city.

- Walkability Score: Charlotte has a walkscore of 26, but it is the 50th most walkable large city in the US. It has a bike score of 36 and does not have many bike lanes.

- Average Age: There is a population of 827,097 in Charlotte. The median age of all residents is 33.6.

- Number of Senior Housing Facilities: There are 22 senior housing facilities in Charlotte. Rates start at $700 and go up to $3,344.

- Average Weather: The hot season lasts 3.7 months, and the cold season lasts 3 months. The weather in Charlotte is almost always partly cloudy. Wet season lasts 3.5 months while the dry season lasts 8.5 months.

- Veterans Facilities in the Area: There's a Charlotte Vet Center run by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Other independent veterans facilities in the city include Mecklenburg County Veterans Services, Veterans Affairs, and the Veteran Service Center.

Charlotte is mostly a car-dependent city, and the transportation system offered is convenient and simple. There are over 70 bus routes and rail lines. To top it off, there are ridesharing services and numerous taxis on the street at all times.

- Buses: CATS. There are over 70 bus routes. Seniors who are 62 years old and up get discounted rates.
- Trains: LYNX light rail run by CATS. Seniors who are 62 years old and up get discounted rates.
- Taxis: There are over 10 taxi companies in Charlotte. Popular companies include Crown Cab, Royal Cab, and City Cab.
- Rideshares: Uber and Lyft operate in Charlotte.

Health and Safety

Crime rates in Charlotte are rather high, and there are plenty of hospitals and medical centers.

- Hospitals in the Area: There are five hospitals in Charlotte, NC: Novant Health - Presbyterian Medical Center, Carolinas Medical Center - Mercy, Carolinas Medical Center, Novant Health Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital, and Carolinas HealthCare System University.

- Crime Rate: There is an average of 5,732 violent crimes and 31,364 property crimes committed and reported annually. Charlotte, NC is safer than 8% of other U.S. cities.

Sports and Leisure

Staying active won't be a problem with all of the recreational facilities that the city has to offer. Play golf or tennis during good weather and join a gym to slowly but surely work on improving athletic performance.

- Golf Courses: There are over 10 golf courses in Charlotte. Play a round of golf at The Golf Club at Ballantyne, Charlotte, and the Renaissance Park Golf Course.
- Tennis Courts/Clubs: Play on three tennis courts, including the Jeff Adams Tennis Center, the Halton-Wagner Tennis Complex, and Clarke Creek Tennis Court.
- Gyms: Stay active at Gold's Gym Epicenter, The Fitness Factory, Snap Fitness, and Anytime Fitness. They offer aerobic classes that are fit for seniors. There are also many senior fitness professionals in Charlotte, NC. Hire one to get in shape.

Shopping and Entertainment
There are plenty of shopping centers and entertainment centers in Charlotte, NC to keep everyone entertained. Numerous movie theaters and libraries are open across the city. In addition, there are many wonderful and highly-reviewed restaurants to keep foodies happy.

- Apparel: Find clothes for all seasons at SouthPark, Charlotte Premium Outlets, or Northlake Mall. Charlotte Premium Outlets offer many designer items at discounted prices.
- Grocery: Harris Teeter and Whole Foods Market offer fresh produce. Find Asian ingredients at Super G Mart Charlotte.
- Luby's Nearby: None.
- Other Restaurants: There are plenty of amazing restaurants in Charlotte. Carpe Diem Restaurant and Caterers offers wonderful fine-dining cuisines. The Fig Tree Restaurant is an excellent continental restaurant, and the steaks at Dressler's Restaurant are highly praised.
- Movie Theaters: Regal Cinemas has opened numerous locations in Charlotte. These cinemas have multiple screens featuring all of the newest films. Ayrsley Grand Cinema is an independent movie theater that also offers private venue rentals.
- Libraries: Numerous branches of Charlotte Mecklenberg libraries are opened throughout the city. A J. Murrey Atkins Library is available as well.
- Attractions: Go for a stroll at Freedom Park and enjoy the birds at Wing Haven.

Religious Facilities

There are numerous churches and places of worship in Charlotte that cater to all religions.

- Religious Facilities: Pray at St. John's Baptist Church or find inner peace and balance at the Hindu Center.

Very impressed! Homey atmosphere.
[Removed] our tour guide was a sweetie pie!

Great place to live

I want to say that I am very impressed by how much better the Regency is then what it was earlier in the year. This is now a very nice place for my Mom to live. I contribute this to the new management who is hands on and takes care of issues. I give the Regency the highest star possible. Good job management!

We Would Do the Experience Again

The service is good, the meals are excellent, and they do pretty good with medicine. The suites are beautiful. it's pretty expensive and very nice. There is a lot of activities for those who wish to join in. So far we got no problems.

Had a nice visit today at the Regency. Very nice and friendly staff. The Regency is very clean and the decor is extremely nice. But I think it might be to much for my Dad.

Great respite care!

We used The Regency at Pineville for a respite stay for my dad for three weeks. We needed a place at the last minute and they quickly helped us through the process. It turned out even better than we could have imagined. They communicated with us through our entire time away. They sent us updates and pictures of what he was doing. They really helped him participate and socialize with the activities and the residents. They had live entertainment that he really enjoyed. He liked the meals they provided. His room was set up very comfortably and homey. I'm not sure if they have a place for the residents to enjoy the outdoors, we were there for such a short time. We have an upcoming wedding to attend and we will definitely be coming back to the Regency at Pineville because we know that they will take good care of him.

The Room Was Too Small

On our tour we saw the size of the room, it was small like the size of a dorm room. They had a kitchenette with a tiny fridge and a microwave. The staff were very helpful.

Everything went fine!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I have no complaints of how things went. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer questions we had for them. They had a clean property with lots of great amenities available to all of the residents. Overall we where happy it was just not the right location in the end decision.

Terrible staffing and mgmt turnover

They do not have adequate staffing to help the residents, it takes up to an hour at night and on weekends to get help to do something as simple as going to the bathroom or getting in bed ! You can push your call button as much as you want and there won't be any response, they will tell you there's a 10 minute wait and that is a joke! We have walked the halls looking for someone and it's like a mortuary. The front desk closes down at 7 PM

Nice facility

This was a fairly nice facility. It looked very nice and the staff answered our questions. In the end, however, we ended up not choosing this facility because it did not take Medicaid right off the bat.

[removed] was very knowledgeable, nice and thorough with my husband and I. She spent a great deal of time with us. The location of Regency is only 1.8 miles from my home which is a plus. The facility was clean and all staff members we encountered seemed happy and had smiles on their faces. We really liked this place.

Not the best fit!

Regency at Pineville was extremely nice but the memory care rooms were so tiny, It looked like a hospital. The assisted living side was beautiful, but it was not what we were looking for. The staff was great, and they followed up with me as well.

Comfortable Living!!

My mother has recently moved into this community and so far we are pleased with how everything is going for her. I liked the fact that she was able to have the privacy of her own bedroom with a shared bathroom for a budget friendly price. The staff do a great job and keeping up with the cleaning and making sure the building is nicely maintained for all of the residents. She is very happy and feels comfortable which is the most important thing to me.

Did not care for this facility at all. It was noisy and busy. It had a hospital look, feel and smell to it. Bizarrely someone from their went to our home unannounced and left 2 very large boxes of perishable food on our doorstep for 6 hours. We threw it all away. We were uncomfortable with the pressure

Great Tour!!

I had a pleasant experience with my tour at this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to greet my mother and I with a smile. The property was very well maintained and kept clean for all of there current residents which impressed me. It ended up just not being the right fit for her in the end decision.

It Felt Like an Aggressive Tour

While I greatly liked the help to see this community I felt that on my tour, one of the representative was too aggressive. I had the feeling like we were buying a used car. However, as nice as it was it was not a nice price for us. We had to pass on this community.

Good Tour, But Not The One For Us

I had a good tour of this community. It is a very nice place. From what I saw everything looked nice and clean. The staff I met was friendly and kind. The building of the facility was three stories high, and my aunt didn't feel comfortable with that. It was a nice tour, but the community for my aunt and her needs.

Beware of this facility

I went to this facility to see the place for a relative. I was shown a room where someone had just passed away. The room was not clean the sink was in total disrepair and they asked me if I wanted to reserve it. I said no thanks. Truth is, if you want someone to look at your facility, you should not show where someone just died. THe room should be clean and I have never been so depressed as seeing this facility.

THere is no way any relative of mine would ever live there.Management has a lot to learn there.

Welcoming environment!!

I have no complaints of this community so far, and I have been really pleased with the services they have provided my loved one. The building is always very well maintained and they have a welcoming environment throughout the entire complex. My parents have really been enjoying the food they provide and like participating in the activity programs they have. I think this is a great fit for my parents.

They have a nice sitting room and library!

Dad first moved into the assisted living area but has since moved into the memory care unit. The nursing staff are great and they are taking good care of him. He seems to like the food and he gets ice cream daily. They try to keep the unit clean. They have private rooms and the community looks more like an apartment than a nursing home.

Not alone!

Mom is doing great here. She really likes it. We just do not like the meals. They are not what we expected. They are just not real consistent with the food. We do like the community and the idea that she could share a suite with another resident. That way mom would have someone to talk to in the night.

There aren't enough caregivers on staff! My mom has been there one month and may have to go elsewhere if it doesn't get better soon!

My opinion!

This community looked dirty and drab. The office staff I met were nice and knowledgable. The only opening they had was on the third floor and this would not work for us.

Andy Blalock

Thank you for your feedback we are working hard to improve the cleanliness of our community and update our look. Sorry to read that we did not have what you were looking for but appreciate your looking just the same.

My brother recently moved here. The staff is really friendly and most helpful. The activities director shows a genuine interest in which activities motivate the reside ts most.

A nice community!

My mom is still settling in at Regency. They offer a variety of activities. The staff are friendly, helpful and answered our questions. I think they need a few additional CNA's for the skilled nursing unit. I would recommend this community for assisted living.

This community might be good for more independent living!!

My mom was only in this community for about a month before she had to go to the hospital. The staff did not seem very attentive and did not make sure she was taking her medication. They do keep the community clean and offer activities for the residents. Mom does not have a big appetite but she did not like the food.

Andy Blalock

Thank you for your feedback I regret reading that we did not follow up with your mother regarding her medications. I would appreciate the opportunity to look into this further as to understand what happened and why. Our residents are our highest priority we strive to ensure that they are well taken care of.

Communication will be key with Regency!

Working with Regency Retirement Village was an okay experience but being as that I was out of town when having my Mom there it was a bit frustrating. I had given the staff specific direction on what time Mom needed to take her meds and they did not follow direction at all. Mom did not take a shower in the two weeks that she was there because she did not know how to turn on the hot water. I had no communication or updates from the staff. I know that some family checked in on her often while I was away and seemed to be pleased with the place. Mom even participated in the Easter egg hunt. She loved the food and will probably go back for another stay soon.

the Regency is ok.

I too found that the CNAs turn over pretty quickly as they were training a batch as we were admitting my father to the facility. This place is mainly assisted living thrust with a single hallway for memory care. Warning--Read the fine print carefully because the deposit is absolutely positively unequivocally not refundable before 30 Days even if they tell you it is. I talked with their home office and we're told that even thought we were there 23 days there will be no refunfd of the deposit --ain't Happenin!
We were there 23 days it didn't work out. The food at the Regency is just maybe ok not great. The people were nice enough and the care was adequate. Folks they all cost $6,000 a month. A much better choice and I highly recommend the Haven which is in Charlotte Pineville area.
They have it set up in different little communities. Well laid-out , cute , well-lit and has adequate places for the memory care people to both walk and socialize. The patios and walkways are beautiful and well kept.
The food in each Community is cued in that community and served to the individual patients. The food is phenomenally good tasting and well prepared
Folks consider the Haven a much better choice for my dad and family.

Really Great Activities

We are still in transitional period of the move and my sister is still adjusting to everything. Over all we are happy with our choice to move her to Regency. The staff has been very helpful and friendly they have been really great. My sister has actually par taken in all the activities they offer there so that is really amazing and a huge plus that is one thing that is nice about this community the activities get all the residents out their rooms to participate. The food is like any other community food it is okay could be better. I would say this is a nice place to move your loved one into overall.

Very Pleased

Top notch! Clean. Friendly staff. Caring people. Nice facility. Adequate parking. Delicious food. Great activities.

My loved one is happy here. Therefore, I am happy.

Overall a good value

Staff mostly caring & compassionate. Food is OK but nothing special. Residents expected to make it to meals without help. A/C heating units are OLD wall mounted Motel type units that are ineffective & LOUD! If resident has poor vision or poor strength it's impossible to set temp.

Friendly, accommodating staff

Overall our experience with Regency Retirement Village has been a good one. It is a nice looking place, and the staff here are friendly, patient, and accommodating. They try very hard, and they've done a great job working with my loved one despite the fact that she can be rather difficult.

We had high hopes for this place, but were disappointed.

We tried to move here, but after two days we realized this wasn't going to work. Her button wasn't working, and I had to stay and help her get in and out of bed, and on and off the toilet. I would have to go and find staff, and they weren't on top of it when we did. The elevators were really small, which also didn't work for us. The food was absolutely awesome though, and the staff sweet and kind. We had high hopes for this place, but were disappointed.

Great support for those living here and their families

I recently had to contract with Regency for the care of my mom who was battling stage 4 colon cancer amongst a host of other illnesses. Regency made the process really easy for move in all the way to moving out after my mother passed. The group they have their from the director to the nursing staff to their general support team were all amazing! As a young person who had no idea how to go about this entire process they made sure to answer every question as well as present potential issues that I needed to consider for my mother's care. I visited 3 other retirement communities before ultimately placing my mother with Regency. Highly recommend

Very nice facility. Needed a place quickly & they were available. Very nice staff. I was very happy w/ the care my cousin got! :D

They have great service and I would recommend anybody to go there.

We really appreciate Regency Retirement Village

We are VERY pleased with the Regency Retirement Village in Charlotte for our loved one!

Our Dad had been in skilled nursing, which had been a severe strain financially, but upon contacting A Place for Mom for help to find another place (Teresa Sensibaugh is fantastic!), we learned that could get the services he actually needed in assisted living. We looked into several options, and Regency Retirement Village was a perfect fit! The day he moved in, ALL of the staff, from Jamie (the executive director) to Sarah (we loved her from the start, she’s AWESOME) to Audra at the front desk, Tawnya in the business office, and Belinda (head of Assisted Living) and ALL of the CNAs on staff for his floor, came by to see him, welcome him and introduce themselves. He and we could literally “feel the love”!

The staff made moving in very easy, reviewed our Dad's capabilities immediately, and began a course of action as soon as he got there to start strengthening him again. A huge thanks to Belinda and Dr Bhagia (the doctor available on site) as well as the therapy department for their immediate responses to Daddy’s physical needs. He is now engaged and interested once more, he looks great, and he is HAPPY for the first time in a long time!

We would totally recommend Regency Retirement Village for anyone wanting a warm, safe and uplifting place for their elderly loved one. We are appreciative of every day he has there. It really was an answer to our prayers!

So happy with the Regency and the services of A Place for Mom

We are SO pleased with the Regency Retirement Village! Our father had been in skilled nursing and had lost motility and interactive capacity due to lack of stimulation. We worked with A Place For Mom (Teresa Sensibaugh is AWESOME!) and she provided guidance to several locations. Once we toured the Regency Retirement Village in Charlotte, we knew we had found his new forever home, and after only three weeks, his motility is improved, he is FAR more communicative, and is SO happy! THANK YOU to Sarah and ALL of the staff at the Regency who have made the transition easy, and let us truly feel that our dad is not only cared for, but loved! All the best!

The Regency staff stepped up and gave our elderly family member very good support upon her arrival. This followed multiple days riding in a car to relocate from her prior senior center.

The staff is providing timely support to help her adapt to her new surroundings. They understand and deal with her memory difficulties.

We're very pleased with being referred to the Regency by A Place for Mom.

I like the Regency Retirement Village...

I like the Regency Retirement Village because it's small, and has a more homey feel than some of the other places I've seen and had experience with. The staff at Recency is quite good, especially the nurses aide staff, who does a lot of the hands on care. They make it a point to keep the facility clean and tidy. And the food is quite good. I would recommend the Regency Retirement Village to others.

There is a high turnover rate of CNAs...

There is a high turnover rate of CNAs and Med-Techs with this establishment. You need to speak with family members who have loved ones here as well as speak to residents who actually have their facilities and can elaborate about their care.

It's been good.

It’s been good. The things that are listed above are really the best things to share. It’s been good. The only negative is that the food could be better. There is enough parking when I go to visit. There is a nice courtyard.

Andy Blalock

Thank you for your feedback we appreciate your taking time to let us know your thoughts. We strive to provide balanced and nutritious meals for our residents each day am sorry to read that we missed the mark. Please join us again and let us know if it has improved. Thanks again for your thoughts.

LOVE. Would move him in tomorrow exce...

LOVE. Would move him in tomorrow except for the price. Everything about this home was perfect, people were amazing, they will double check the numbers and apply for VA benefits. Stories of his OCD and size did not faze them. LOVED!! $3195 + $500 = $4395/month

we feel that this is the best place f...

we feel that this is the best place for mom and we like it alot.

We all found the Regency to be somewh...

We all found the Regency to be somewhat more compatible to Mom's personality. We had lunch over there and husband likes it better than any other place. Mom seems to be unhappy at Carriage Club and, while it will be difficult for her, she is looking forward to the move.

Facility built in 2004; Looks very cl...

Facility built in 2004; Looks very clean; Friendly staff; Director providing tour greeted all residents by name; Residents seemed happy; Room had panic button in bathroom, boasted about keeping response time to under 8-9 minutes